Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Spear wrote: »
    When you tried to extract a hunter would've turned up, and stood a good change of making a mess of things.

I had a plan though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Rob2D wrote: »
    It should have been PvP only though, IMO. PvE Survival sucks all the tension/excitement out of it.

?? Then don't play the PvE mode....why would you want to force others who can't stand the DZ mechanic to play that way - which to many of us who love PvP, is not actually fun PvP, it's about being the gankee or the ganker. But I don't want to take the choice away from others either who enjoy that sort of thing even though I don't understand it myself, why would you on the flip side?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Pve is/was always the strong point of the game why not have a pve option for survival?
    dz pvp is a joke imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

DZ PvP is broken and a completely different discussion altogether. Survival shouldn't be viewed in the same light.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Rob2D wrote: »
    Sure you can. Craft a pulse instead of first aid. Head north instead of south. You might find a rifle instead of an smg. Team up with someone or go rogue on them. Bunch of different ways to tackle this as I see it.

Every time you go into the DZ it's a different adventure and I imagine this will be something of the same, but more fair.

I think starting from scratch each time will do wonders for the PvP. At least here you won't load in and immediately get ganked by 4 flame turrets.

It should have been PvP only though, IMO. PvE Survival sucks all the tension/excitement out of it.

I don't think this game is typical anything. Massive have shown themselves to be a jack of all trades but master of none.

so basically what you want is a pvp shooter where you rely on what you pick up along the way, based on the rng gods? think infinity ward just released something along those lines....

there is nothing wrong with the game mode you described, it's not a looter though. and i'll agree with pretty much any criticism you want to throw at the division, except for it not being a looter. it's always been that, its the difficulties in getting/using the loot that have been the issues with the game

played survival this morning, it's great fun, made it almost to extract and got wiped. but it did nothing to dispel the suspicion that it's a totally unlreated game mode inside the main game. thats fine, but it's odd within a looter. looters usually depend on the rewards to keep people grinding away at the missions, this won't have that, and i worry about longevity on it. not the only one, few i play with have the same fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I get the impression pvp survival is a bit like battle royale no?

Wouldnt really make sense to carry the gear over to the next one if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

For the first time since playing the Beta,The Survival Mode dlc has mede me really want to play this again.. watched a couple of streams of it last night and seems to me to be what alot of people wanted from the game when it was announced..

So next up we farm to get exact same loot again only with a higher gearscore 226 to 256 but the exact same items and gear just with higher stats to kill the exact same enemies who are now lvl 34.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Dcully wrote: »
    So next up we farm to get exact same loot again only with a higher gearscore 226 to 256 but the exact same items and gear just with higher stats to kill the exact same enemies who are now lvl 34.

yeah that was my point about survival, it's the new content, it's where you want to get and use the newest gear, not be running the same old missions with the best gear.

i think they should have done a hardcore mode which is what it is now, and a normal mode where you spawn in with your current gear, all enemies are elites, but you still have the issues of cold, hunger, disease etc.

I agree that would be a nice addition.
    Considering I don't own the season pass it looks like my content is just as it was just x gear set or y weapon has a bigger number than before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Struggling so much to get back into this, I really want to but it just wont grab me again like it did......

Just watched the stream from Arekkz and MarcoStyleNL doing the survival it looked really really good and had a really good atmosphere. Deffo would love to check it out, but no doubt you will get hordes of PvP ruining it just as you do all the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

I've been going to the clothing vendor daily looking for solid colour weapon skins. I seem to have all the pissy ones. Any other way to obtain the decent weapons colours?

Agree with all above re: DZ - Its a complete frustrating joke still. I'm a high level but still get one hit killed there... ****e experience.

Hi All,

I've been going to the clothing vendor daily looking for solid colour weapon skins. I seem to have all the pissy ones. Any other way to obtain the decent weapons colours?

Agree with all above re: DZ - Its a complete frustrating joke still. I'm a high level but still get one hit killed there... ****e experience.

Was on last night in the DZ with 3 random lads, extracted a rake of stuff none of which is even remotely better then the mediocre stuff I have already, here in lies the problem. Same old same old, so after 3-4 hrs in the DZ I am alot richer DZ funds and credits but no gear for my trouble. Also the DZ was empty only seen one other group that did go rouge on us that ended badly for the other 3 lads :D

Prolly have to farm incursions with 3 others as the DZ seems to much of a grind for decent gear. Dont get me wrong I dont expect it to just drop into my lap but 4 hrs grind should improve some aspect of your build.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was on last night in the DZ with 3 random lads, extracted a rake of stuff none of which is even remotely better then the mediocre stuff I have already, here in lies the problem. Same old same old, so after 3-4 hrs in the DZ I am alot richer DZ funds and credits but no gear for my trouble. Also the DZ was empty only seen one other group that did go rouge on us that ended badly for the other 3 lads :D

Prolly have to farm incursions with 3 others as the DZ seems to much of a grind for decent gear. Dont get me wrong I dont expect it to just drop into my lap but 4 hrs grind should improve some aspect of your build.

Agree 100% - I venture into the DK on the off chance of grouping up - then it can be a good session, but many times, I go to look to ask someone to join a group to get headshotted... Bull****e.

I came back for the latest patch and really enjoyed it until I got all gear in the game for any build I want within 2 days.
    Ever since its just mindless farming the same gear over and over again.
    Yes the game is fun, the gunplay is nice, great setting etc, cant fault any of that but my major fault in the game as a pve player [pvp sucks] is there is no gear left that I need or want and in a looter game that's just criminal.

Double post sorry, boards doing this a lot lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dcully wrote: »
    I came back for the latest patch and really enjoyed it until I got all gear in the game for any build I want within 2 days.
    Ever since its just mindless farming the same gear over and over again.
    Yes the game is fun, the gunplay is nice, great setting etc, cant fault any of that but my major fault in the game as a pve player [pvp sucks] is there is no gear left that I need or want and in a looter game that's just criminal.

Patch 1.4 was all about getting all the game mechanics right that was an unexpected patch as far as I can see. And they have got it right there is loads of loot and now what you are looking for is getting god rolled stuff and trying out diffferent loadouts. But you are right it needs more content and 1.5 is that. Survival is a whole new way of playing the game and should have been released a month or two ago I'd say in the original schedule of season passes, but 1.4 delayed that.

I watched one or two streams of guys playing Survival and they seem to love it (macrostyle i think) great tension and you are on your toes all the time so I am looking forward to that.

Also there are whole new areas of the city that are ready to explore and hopfuly they will get released soon as well as I would love to explore new parts

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Survival is a whole new way of playing the game and should have been released a month or two ago

I see it more as a game within the game personally but does look fun.

This is the thing ,the content is there, we already have an amazing world but the content that really matters in a looter is loot and that's what we need more of.
    They need to stop this DLC bull**** and focus on new gear and lots of it,put their thinking caps on and come up with tonnes more loot,gear sets, name weapons etc.

People will continue to play if the game they bought as a looter shooter if the game continues to evolve and churn out loot.

• Advertisement

I agree, I am rank 99 in the DZ have been for ages even before the 1.3 and 1.4 patch and I did like the DZ roaming around with the lads it was great craic. And I honestly taught it was getting alot better...until today.

In again with 4 randoms all 229 (as so few of the old school playing this now) and I have a pretty good build at this stage quite tanky with good dps and weapons. Was in the extraction at DZ5 with a rake of green stuff with 3 others and one lad walks in on his own....

I taught nothing of it as he was solo so was just a tad cautious, with that he one shoots one of the lads and we go at it.

Nothing, not a bit of damage to be done to him and he practically one shotted the lot of us with a ****in sniper rifle and walks off into the sunset. Did not even hide when he went manhunt status......

This is the problem with the game, ABSOLUTE BOLLOKS to be able to do that after all this rebuilding. 4 lads with good builds and absolutely useless in this scenario.

Id say he is doing this week in week out on his own or can you imagine with 2-3 friends.....

Nah **** that, the sense of frustration after grinding like a prick for months striving for a good build to make progress in the game and then in a split second its like day one again with ****e gear.

Not for me folks. I really think its too little to late and the game will never survive.

X2 post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You'd think the clowns would introduce some kind of infusion feature the same way destiny is handling the light levelling up so you can keep onto your gear instead of farming new gear sets again.whats the point of even playing anymore if the builds you are working toward aren't woth Sh/t in a few weeks.

You'd think the clowns would introduce some kind of infusion feature the same way destiny is handling the light levelling up so you can keep onto your gear instead of farming new gear sets again.whats the point of even playing anymore if the builds you are working toward aren't woth Sh/t in a few weeks.

Its not just the gear (armour) its the guns aswell, you farm for weeks and months for the best SMG ( I remember intense farming like 9hrs+ a night for the best smg when the game was at its worst) then BANG patch drops SMGs are uselss nerfed like a bitch and shotguns the bizzo. Then same again, now the LMGs are the bizzo and everything else is ****e.

The PvE aspect is just about holding up but forget about the DZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Its not just the gear (armour) its the guns aswell, you farm for weeks and months for the best SMG ( I remember intense farming like 9hrs+ a night for the best smg when the game was at its worst) then BANG patch drops SMGs are uselss nerfed like a bitch and shotguns the bizzo. Then same again, now the LMGs are the bizzo and everything else is ****e.

The PvE aspect is just about holding up but forget about the DZ.

I know yeah, in fairness to Bungie they got a lot of crap for doing it in Destiny and they brought in the ability to infuse the good gear to bring to year 2 and 3.Massive are shooting themselves in the foot if they think people are going to put in the grind again but then again playing survival to get that gear might make the grind a little easier if not more so then running the same missions countless times. I'm looking forward to the diversity in Survival. The game needs it badly.

Why is it that people constantly go into incursions under powered??

Tried to do Falcons nest about 4 times and talk about just plain stupid....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Some dude on reddit says that survival will be out on November 22

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Division/comments/5crjie/date_revealed/?st=ivh38ess&sh=976f1242

Thats not that far away really (if you have an xbox or PC ;) )

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Is this part of patch 1.5 or totally separate?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is this part of patch 1.5 or totally separate?

They're the one and the same. PS4 players just don't have Survival open for another 30 days.

• Advertisement

Ahh not that ****e again.....ffs.

What is the highest gearscore you can get in patch 1.4 is it 229?

I suppose the best place to the the best gear is still the incursions rather then the underground and warrengate power plant and the loike?

Advertisement