Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ahh not that ****e again.....ffs.

What is the highest gearscore you can get in patch 1.4 is it 229?

I suppose the best place to the the best gear is still the incursions rather then the underground and warrengate power plant and the loike?

1.4 = 229

no real best place to get gear anymore. everything drops everywhere. hvt's and underground probably the most efficient farming though, as in items per minute. open world bosses as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Koola boola, just cannot hack incurions with randoms lads far too painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That Survival thing appeared in my games tab.

Gonna try it out later,

Koola boola, just cannot hack incurions with randoms lads far too painful.

open world bosses, 2 HE's per kil, and you usually get a few more from the NPCs with them/random groups you meet on way to them, can do the majoroty in 20 minutes with fast travel

tc-the-division-named-boss-locations-colored.jpg

i usually do the following in a really quick loop

fast travel to bullet king
    fast travel to armhest apartment, get strings and sorretto
    fast travel to the BOO, get fray and five o
    fast travel to cpl wright
    fast travel to safehouse near sgt jacks and get him and apollo

sgt jacks is a shield guy and the only one that can take more than a few seconds to put down.

2 drops per boss, do the drops 3 times with 3 characters and that's 50 pieces in an hour

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That Survival thing appeared in my games tab.

Gonna try it out later,

?? you can't, it's not released

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mossym wrote: »
    ?? you can't, it's not released

Guess I was on the beta that ended yesterday.

Uplay an email would have been nice :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For anyone getting supply drops today, leave them till 1.5 is out, and don't open until your gear score is 230+, so as to get GS 258 items.

That assumes that the leaked date was accurate and this is the last drop before it releases. I think that's going to be the case, but if you do leave your caches then don't forget to open them before the 1st if that's not the date.

Given how easy gear is falling anyway, there is nothing to really be gained by opening or not opening them. The few pieces you get will be easily gotten with 10 minutes of gameplay anyway

Spear wrote: »
    For anyone getting supply drops today, leave them till 1.5 is out, and don't open until your gear score is 230+, so as to get GS 258 items.

Is this not through of all supply crates, I have nearly 2m DZ credits I am gonna use in the DZ vendor in the BoO. Buying them off him and then selling the guns to the other vendor nets you some serious cash and credits.

But I will buy crates off the hub vendor and DZ vendor and just keep them.

I just have a mental amount of cash and DZ funds I need to get rid off, not to mention nearly 2000 credits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Started playing this again for the first time in ages. It's some game!

Jayop wrote: »
    Started playing this again for the first time in ages. It's some game!

Ahh ye of little faith....wont be long before you head is WRECKED again :pac:

Ahh ye of little faith....wont be long before you head is WRECKED again :pac:

Aaand just tried to solo the dz and remembered why I quit playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

haha, I've been toying with the idea of starting this again, resetting my character and going from scratch. It takes so little to turn me off an idea.

The last two comments did it :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I did that a few days ago, and have pretty much stopped at around lvl6. It's fun enough, but it's just not holding my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I bought this last week after previously only playing the Beta,had a good 4/5 hour run at it last night and **** me its rough at the start.. slowly getting better and after numerous deaths in the Madison Field hospital level,i got stuck on the rooftop bit,just keep getting swamped by baseball bat bastards..

Ill go back this evening and no doubt clear it 1st or 2nd go..

Im really enjoying it,it looks incredible and im sure ive a long road ahead in SP anyway,not looking forward to soloing in the DZ though,i just remember that being an utter ****show from even the Beta.

I will however be interested in the PvE Survival expansion coming out as that is what i was thinking this game was gonna be in the first place..

Anyway ,i'm sure there are plenty of rage quits ahead of me... :)

Phil it's a bit cheatery but if you have anyone who's level 30 to run with get them to run the main missions and fast travel to unlock all the safe houses with you. You'll be leveled up in no time.

Jayop wrote: »
    Phil it's a bit cheatery but if you have anyone who's level 30 to run with get them to run the main missions and fast travel to unlock all the safe houses with you. You'll be leveled up in no time.

Ah,i probably will do that after enough deaths,but im enjoying the challenge at the moment,the AI is pretty good it seems (im only level 5 atm)im sure once ive leveled up a bit they will be just bullet sponges..

But im really enjoying the setting,New York looks amazing in it,the sound design is terrific aswell,its really immersive for that alone..

Im sure ill be back on here in the next week or so looking for help though ;)

Glad i picked it up again and looking forward to the new update (at the end of Dec for us Ps4 owners it seems)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bigphil2 wrote: »

Glad i picked it up again and looking forward to the new update (at the end of Dec for us Ps4 owners it seems)

PS4 players do get the 1.5 udpate next Thursday, with the new world tier 5,GS258 gear, new weapons etc. It's only the Survival expansion that doesn't open until just before Christmas.

Actually, the PS4 update is pushed back a few day due to some last minute issue.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    PS4 players do get the 1.5 udpate next Thursday, with the new world tier 5,GS258 gear, new weapons etc..

Ah,well i dont think alot of that stuff is going to matter to me until i level up a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Got bored over the weekend so downloaded it and started a fresh character.
    My system was upgraded since last I played so had everything maxxed out. Forgot how savage it looks and how enjoyable it is before you start farming DZ.
    Really enjoyable while leveing at least. Am only around level 9 atm. Ran the hospital on solo-hard as there was no group and Lincon tunnel on hard with one other bloke who I spent more time reviving that actually killing things.
    Initially forgot you need to be tactical in this game. Damn those elite snipers. :P

Gonna continue with it again for a while.

Played with a few mates over the weekend and loved it again. These boys are much better than me so the dz was even a piece of piss. Crazy though getting loads of green 229 drops from normal ai even out in the normal world. Some craic.

I. Managed to ruin all my stats messing around trying to get gear sets rather than just getting my numbers up. Ran 3 firecrest with a flame turret.

Just a reminder for anyone going for WT5 today, you need a GS of 230+ before you can buy any 256 gear/caches. What I did, and what seems to a popular approach, is to just go kill Bullet King straight off, and get even a single 256 piece to equip and go over the 230 threshold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

That's weird, I logged in and straight away before I done anything I joined WT5 with my GS 229.

Dcully wrote: »
    That's weird, I logged in and straight away before I done anything I joined WT5 with my GS 229.

You can join WT5 with GS 229, but the vendors won't sell anything with GS256 items, as they now scale to the player, just as they did when leveling from 1 to 30.

There's a Steam copy of Survival being given away on the Steamgifts thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101745753&postcount=3766

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Played about an hour running around the LZ in WT5, very enjoyable and quite challenging. Can't do a thing without being hit by multiple mobs, coupled with an intro level GS for the tier that meant a lot of long running battles, great fun. I've only found 2 usable GS256's yet, everything else either conflicts with my build or is just plain useless to me. Nice to see the drop in cost of the high end Mod blueprints too (Stamina and Electronics in the BoO at the moment), I was worried the lvl 34s would be even more ridiculous and nearing 1k. I only really stopped because of frequent disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just after playing for a couple of hours just killed the named bosses and one trip into survival.

My initial impressions are good the named LZ bosses are dropping more gold for me not gear sets although I have got two or three that I am using for my AlfaBridge build. One thing I got was some good weapons, managed to land a FAMAS, two Rhino handguns one snub-nosed, 2 UMP SMGs, MG5 and an MP7 that I think is back to the old MP7 as I think they gave it a buff and most importantly a serious M60 that had god rolled talents that fitted perfectly into my current AlfaBridge setup.

Dont know how I can better what my build is atm with my LMG setup; Ferocious, Brutal, Vicious, Predatory, Unforgiving and Destructive :cool::D and with my new M60 that has a base damage at 18.8k it just melts.

I think that FAMAS might be a good PvP weapon, serious RPM but you cant have any stability or accuracy mods on so it(they reduce the uncomplicated talent) jumps like hell. Id say you will need the striker two piece for 20 stability and maybe use the talent when in cover the stability is increased by 25% for 15sec that might control it.

Survival looks good but you need time, made it to the DZ but did a stupid thing and ran into one of the div tech buildings and it was full of elites and they wiped me. It will have you concentrating though and I can imagine if you make it to the extract the tension would be unreal after putting in all that time.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Just jumped on there and got some brilliant drops too. Not going to worry about builds for a while till I farm the crap out of everything then try to come up with something. Still have no idea what gear set to run with. 3 firecrest atm and a mix after that.

Advertisement