Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

sticker wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused. I'm a PS4 player so 1.5 has just decended.

I've just gotten a sweet 226 build with Alpha Bridge in place. Do I just dump all my 226 gear and work to get more 256 gear entire?

Seems a slight waste... What are your thoughts?

Pretty much yeah. If you farm the bosses you'll have so much 256 gear after one session that keeping the old stuff will kill your base stats too much to justify it. I'd put everything you have now in storage and try to make a similar build then complete it with old stuff till you can get the new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Jayop wrote: »
    Pretty much yeah. If you farm the bosses you'll have so much 256 gear after one session that keeping the old stuff will kill your base stats too much to justify it. I'd put everything you have now in storage and try to make a similar build then complete it with old stuff till you can get the new.

Might give it a go... but seems like I'd be going for same spec again and seeing as the opponents will raise with me, I kinda see things some what unchanged...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Season Passes / DLC rarely drop in price these days tbh

anyone having connection issues on PS4? 4.30pm. locked at connecting screen... Web is fine and restarated PS4.

error... Division services are not available at this time...

edit. their twitter says tech issues at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was a couple of connection issues yesterday all right but not bad for the 1st day of new patch....

I am GS256 already (as most of you prolly are after the day) sold absolutely everything I had that was 229 and made a **** load of cash and I had loads of money anyway and 2000 PC. So I got my supply drop to get me up to GS where 256 would be sold to me.

Then I bought about 40 gold caches and got a rake of good gear and then I bought 20 green caches using the PC and now I am sorted.

My DPS 260K and my Health is 420K and skill is only around 80K but I have some gobsmacking weapons now, with a 256 G36 Enhanced putting out 20K.

I also got the Packan (An absolute must) the showstopper and the MG5 along with about 5 M60's.

Dont have a matching gearset yet but I am working on it.

Famas is good but prolly the 3rd best assault rifle after the M4/LVOC and the G36 still being the best.

• Advertisement

I'm running 4 alphabridge and had two firecrest but switched to two golds. Don't know what set up to run really. I have almost 2k pcs so I might buy a load of caches and see how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Running 4 AlphaBridge, 2 Frontline . Current stats depend on the which of the 2 main weapon pairings I'm using:

Marksman (Tenebrae tuned for midrange and M44-Custom tuned for max-range): 440K / 432K / 109K , 11.5% armour damage
    Assault (LVOA-C and SCAR-L): 229K / 432K / 109K, 48.5% armour damage.

I really like the Alphabridge setup. Besides the base stopping power it opens up a lot more build options base just on weapon pairing. For example I have a 2nd unused weapon for the assault set that provides more healing at the cost of damage (health on kill/crits etc.), so can quickly switch priorities depending on what I'm facing. Though I made sure each set's primary has Predatory to provide constant healing during firefights, well worth it after the health-station timer nerf in 1.4 .

I think the best setup now is 4 AB and 2 of the new DNC gearset that give 10-15% Elite Protection. However, I think I would find it hard to leave out the Pakan LMG its very very good now with good mods and high DPS. I can only get my armour mitigation up to 58% its really hard to get it higher I think 65% is the max......but its where you need to be but its very early days.

Need a group to get into the DZ 6 again and do the round so I can grind the good stuff, if anyone is on later on PS4 giz a shout for a bit of grinding....I know the DZ6 like the back of my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads I haven't a clue what yer talking about but for some weird reason, it's making me want to pick up the game again.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Lads I haven't a clue what yer talking about but for some weird reason, it's making me want to pick up the game again.

Do it m8 I sort you out with stuff, hit me up laterz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do it m8 I sort you out with stuff, hit me up laterz

I'll see if I can pick it up chape somewhere this weekend. Survival sound right up my street but not out for another month on ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I think the best setup now is 4 AB and 2 of the new DNC gearset that give 10-15% Elite Protection. However, I think I would find it hard to leave out the Pakan LMG its very very good now with good mods and high DPS. I

I had the Pakan AB setup and it was awesome, do you have meticulous in one of your LMGs if you don't get it.... you will never have to reload. I thought I would never leave the LMG setup. But then I got the FAMAS and I would have to say it's more awesome:).

Man can that thing can put lead down range :) the base damage isn't as great as some ARs but at 950rpm it more than compensates. But to keep that pony from bucking to much I had to put in 2 sentry to give 20% stability, also the AR I have it paired with has the stablity talent and that doesn't effect the uncomplicated talent on the FAMAS. I also have the character talent than when I'm cover it reduces recoil by 25%. This thing is like a rail gun now except its pushing lead down range at 900+rpm.

Really happy with my setup atm 330/370/110 probably could do with more health but I don't drop that often, what I'm happy about is my damage multiplier's; elite damage at 36% and enemy armour damage at 56% :) and all weapon damage at 22%.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Yeah it really is all about getting the best gear and then tweak it. Now point tweaking like a mofo now get really really good individual pieces and then tweak them.

Went in the DZ tonight with two different groups and cut throat is not the word its ****in lethal......stand and fight me balls. Boot marks up their backs at the 1st sign of trouble unless its an even fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Patch notes for tomorrows maintenance:
    1. Fixed a bug where Larae Barret would remain stuck on the balcony in Lexington Event Center.
    2. Fixed a bug where the Barret Named high-end armor talent would not work after a phase transition or character death. Note that the UI will not take the bonus into account as this will require a client patch.
    3. Fixed a bug where Colonel Bliss’s Holster would not drop in General Assembly mission.
    4. All existing High-End items below level 30 will be automatically rerolled to level 30. In the future, in the event that players would be able to acquire High-End items when they are below level 30, the item will be level 30. Equipped High-End items on character below level 30 will be automatically unequipped during the maintenance and replaced with basic started gear.
    5. Fixed a bug where some players would be stuck on a black screen after watching the exit cutscene in Brooklyn.
    6. Sticky Bomb PvP damage modifier has been reduced to limit the skill’s potency when used against other players. While Sticky Bomb one shots should still be possible, they should only be achievable by highly specialized characters and in specific situations.

Glad they're finally removing the exploited HE gear. Should get rid of most of the toxic players from the low level DZs.

sorry for the possibly stupid question but I'm chasing some new weapon skins in 'challenge mode' according to the video below... is this just a group revisit of a story mission in challenging difficulty? I can't seem to get a skin drop when I play one of these 4 missions in challenging. Am I missing something?

https://youtu.be/LInkakw7wa0

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Picked up a Scar H last night as part of a weapons cache for doing survival, got killed at the extraction.
    Base damage is 323,000 I mean wtf???
    With mods brings it up to 445,000.
    I'm still tying to figure it out

Sweet, I am still a mish mash of gear but all really high armour. Just need to farm now for GS that are better armour and match them up.

Blazer wrote: »
    Picked up a Scar H last night as part of a weapons cache for doing survival, got killed at the extraction.

Yeah I got the Tenebrae to drop for me the other day and I'm sure it's based on the SCAR H and it had mad dps alright. I'm sure i got mine to go over 500k.... I presume its based on every 50k bullet hitting the target and that will never happen unfortunately :(

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah I got the Tenebrae to drop for me the other day and I'm sure it's based on the SCAR H and it had mad dps alright. I'm sure i got mine to go over 500k.... I presume its based on every 50k bullet hitting the target and that will never happen unfortunately :(

Just checked my Tenebrae is sitting at 549k dps

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Blazer wrote: »

if you figure it out let us know, have a bunch of them, but in PvE combat they just don't perform, reckon its the recoil after the first shot, so found the M1A1 is still more viable

• Advertisement

Not getting guns to drop anywhere near that DPS, maybe coz its survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

if you figure it out let us know, have a bunch of them, but in PvE combat they just don't perform, reckon its the recoil after the first shot, so found the M1A1 is still more viable

the recoil is nuts on it alright...on a gold 30elite it took him out in 2 headshots...but the M1a is definitely a better gun I think less recoil for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just started getting back into this again...last time I played was when the green gear items were just released. I'm at GS185...what do you guys recommend? Tempted by The Historian gun in the special weapons vendor. My stats are 130k primary DPS, 225k secondary, 170k toughness, 38 SP.

Just started getting back into this again...last time I played was when the green gear items were just released. I'm at GS185...what do you guys recommend? Tempted by The Historian gun in the special weapons vendor. My stats are 130k primary DPS, 225k secondary, 170k toughness, 38 SP.

Jaysus stay away from that Historian gun. Change to the highest Tier you can by going to the main map and pressing triangle and grind to get to tier 5.

Once at tier 5 you will be sorted in no time. My advice is to buy nothing now till you get to tier 5 as what you have now is useless TBH.

forget about what you're running with now and don't waste any time making a 185 build. The 256 stuff is falling like rain now so just start farming for that immediatly, stash what you're not using and then build something. Honestly, with a couple of hours of play you will have several options for full 256 builds easy. Farm the open world bosses and kill as many groups of AI guys as you can even if they have no boss as they are even dropping 256 stuff a lot.

Thanks guys! Any recommended routes for the bosses?

Thanks guys! Any recommended routes for the bosses?

This video is a bit long but it's good imo. I used it the first time pausing between bosses and just making simple notes for myself on paper so that I knew where to fast travel to get to each one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdtSv_JcBE&t=216s

And this is the map where they all are.

I'll be honest, with a low gear score the top three LMB guys are going to be tough, so many AI spawn while you're taking them down. Maybe leave those few till you level up your gear a bit.

• Advertisement

Nice one. Might start the grind tonight so!

Advertisement