Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nice one. Might start the grind tonight so!

Good stuff. Don't forget the daily missions too. Always good for decent drops. You wont be able to buy any 256 gear either until your GS has gone above the last limit (I think it was 214 or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Jayop wrote: »
    I'll be honest, with a low gear score the top three LMB guys are going to be tough, so many AI spawn while you're taking them down. Maybe leave those few till you level up your gear a bit.

Yeah that LMB fecker with the shield drives me crazy, TBH I don't bother with those two anymore not worth the hassle.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah that LMB fecker with the shield drives me crazy, TBH I don't bother with those two anymore not worth the hassle.

Nothing worse than spending 10 or 15 minutes taking him and his hundred buddies down to get a handgun drop.:mad:

Edit: If you are taking him on though bring a flame turret. Really does a job on him for a few seconds so you can flank and get some shots in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Good stuff. Don't forget the daily missions too. Always good for decent drops. You wont be able to buy any 256 gear either until your GS has gone above the last limit (I think it was 214 or something).

You need 230 or higher for 256 to appear. The last limit was 229.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

I find the quickest way to get gear is to go into the underground and start a multi-phase operation on just hard and you can walk through that no problem.

I am just looking for 1 more piece for an alpha bridge set to try that so I find I still get 256 gear on hard but takes half the time and no chance of dying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Or have 3 chars at max level and do the crafting mission and all the really simple missions on all 3 and get 3 boxes for little or no work.

You will also get 3 supply drops a month is you have the season pass...swimming in gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had nearly a 2 hour game of survival tonight..it really is an awesome dlc..
    Was 2nd last to die in the DZ where I screwed up coming to someone's rescue..
    Had some close calls during the start of a game taking on a gold 29 heavy but someone swiped the drop them.
    Got payback when we both ended up at a landmark 20 mins later and in his rush to get ahead of me ran into 4x purple 29s. He went down, I took them out and then him and took his stash. Karma's a bitch :)
    That place was the motherload too,,nearly 20 cases down there. It was the pit one.

Blazer wrote: »
    Had nearly a 2 hour game of survival tonight..it really is an awesome dlc..
    Was 2nd last to die in the DZ where I screwed up coming to someone's rescue..
    Had some close calls during the start of a game taking on a gold 29 heavy but someone swiped the drop them.
    Got payback when we both ended up at a landmark 20 mins later and in his rush to get ahead of me ran into 4x purple 29s. He went down, I took them out and then him and took his stash. Karma's a bitch :)
    That place was the motherload too,,nearly 20 cases down there. It was the pit one.

I've still not tried the Survival mode. Where do you start it up? BOO?

I've still not tried the Survival mode. Where do you start it up? BOO?

yeah just hit straight past medical towards the underground. just on your right as you go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you own the DLC the supply drops alone will get you up a fair bit....try and get them with multiple chars. if you have them. So glad I made two chars back in the day its double everything and great to have 2 different builds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Survival just gets better and better. ended up with two of us fighting 5 hunters last night after two players called in an extraction just as we arrived at the extraction point, then they got wiped straight away. killed them all, got out with full stashes of caches . amount of gear you get when that happens is overwhelming

thought it would get old quickly as it makes any gear you get irrelevant, but it's the opposite, absolutely the best thing to happen to the game

I have only given it a go once before and liked it but I think you need the time to set aside (up to two hours) if you want to do it properly and a lot of the times I only get a half hour to an hour so I feel that I might have to give up mid way through.

Must give it a shot tonight

yeah the time is the downside, the plus is the variety every time you run it, plus it's the first DLC that is realistically solo-able. although i think a 2 man team is the optimal approach

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I have only given it a go once before and liked it but I think you need the time to set aside (up to two hours) if you want to do it properly and a lot of the times I only get a half hour to an hour so I feel that I might have to give up mid way through.

Must give it a shot tonight

that's the thing. Everything going well you need from 90-120 minutes free time.
    I had to go into baby crying last night but luckily I was in a hideout and had plenty of pills and medicine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Meh have all gear available in the game, have all builds available, nothing else left to do.

Dcully wrote: »
    Meh have all gear available in the game, have all builds available, nothing else left to do.

to be honest I don't even care about my build anymore..I'm just playing survival only..haven't been near division for about 4 months before that.
    I've gotten a load of gear and basically just threw it all into my stash.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

to be honest I don't even care about my build anymore..I'm just playing survival only..haven't been near division for about 4 months before that.

i have played about 11hours of it,an im just waitin for survival to release on the 20th,much more interest in it than the main game,the grind and the gearscore,tiers and leveling just make my brain tune out..

Survival is what i thought the main game was going to be..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah survival is practically a different game, I'm talking about the bog standard game.

The bog standard game is alot better played with guys in chat, I am looking forward to survival all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I got cracking into the game a couple of weeks ago,only played it a couple of times,but then this week,somthing clicked with me and Im feckin hooked now..to the point where last night i was trying to come up with excuses not to go to the work xmas party tonight so i can do a few more missions and and just generally loot some more gear...

This is coming from someone who has previously not interest in this type of lootgrind game.I only bought it as i think Survival looks really really good..

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The bog standard game is alot better played with guys in chat, I am looking forward to survival all the same.

Yeah I'll grind the open world bosses the odd day on my own but I only play most of the time if I have a team for some DZ mayhem. I've become the thing I hated in the DZ, just killing everyone I see for the lols.

OMG finally got the barret chest piece after doing LEC about 40-50 times and the roll I got is terrible. Perks are suberb but **** me its armour is 1600 WORSE then the **** chest piece I have on ffs!!!!

Just my luck, gonna throw it on my back up char and see how I get on with it.....

Without a shadow of a doubt this guy is the best Division player currently playing.....he is 17yrs old and I have been watching him pretty much since launch of the game. It is incredible to watch and if you were playing against him you would also think hacker but he deffo is not hacking....just incredible talented and has come along way since I 1st start watching him.

Just jaw dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playing this on PC with a pad and i just hit level 30. Will i get murked if i try to PvP?

Playing this on PC with a pad and i just hit level 30. Will i get murked if i try to PvP?

Yep......

Best bet is to go in a group at least you might stand a chance. Go in solo forget about it especially if your gear score is on the low side and you have no experience at PvP. PvP is a lot about popping the right skills, talents and nades at the right time to get the right bonuses up,

TBH I go in solo a lot and expect to get ganked every now and then it's part of the game. I manage to get a good bit of gear out still besides this. Although Nothing beats getting the drop and giving a rogue a beat down when he tried to gank you. Doing jumping jacks over his lifeless dead body also helps :)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Without a shadow of a doubt this guy is the best Division player currently playing.....

wow, now there is a statement, not even a might be the best player, he is definitely the best :)

i guess we'll find out soon, PVP leaderboards coming in 1.6, that'll say who is best. till then, its only a guess.:)

mossym wrote: »
    wow, now there is a statement, not even a might be the best player, he is definitely the best :)

i guess we'll find out soon, PVP leaderboards coming in 1.6, that'll say who is best. till then, its only a guess.:)

Maybe I am biased lol but If I was a betting man I would put money on it m8, he has another video up running around with a pistol ONLY for a laugh and its takes him longer to kill but still the server was still RECKT!

The only thing I will say is that it is a hell of alot easier to "HIP FIRE" on PC but he still is UBER good at what he does.....that camera shake as he runs around to stop getting head shotted is so funny.
    He is so laid back and to him its not big deal......I love watching him play online.

When you compare this lad to the likes of SKILL UP, AREKKZ and Marco Styles on You Tube they really are just average gamers vlogging about games they like, If you actually watch them play they are not that good at all and Skill Up does not even play PvP at all.

If he is not number 1 then lord help us if there is someone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

22 quid in Argos is tasty. Good timing for Survival releasing tomorrow too. Hhhmmmm

Yeah jammy bastard.....an me the long suffering eeeejet playing from day one. I aint dragging your red arse through survival I tell ya that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Dcully wrote: »

This is my fear even with Survival landing for ps4 soon... no new loot. This is the main driving force behind me playing...

Advertisement