Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah jammy bastard.....an me the long suffering eeeejet playing from day one. I aint dragging your red arse through survival I tell ya that.

Another price drop in Argos, down to €16.99 now. Brace up that back man :pac:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=THE+DIVISION&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

sticker wrote: »
    This is my fear even with Survival landing for ps4 soon... no new loot. This is the main driving force behind me playing...

Not everyone feels that way about the game m8, I am still playing it solo every day since 1.4 and I have to say I am really enjoying it.

One mans meat and all that.....

Hit me up on PS4 and we do a few LEC runs get you geared up in no time.

Well just had 3 games of survival there and it pains me to say it that it is just like the DZ from earlier.....hordes of 4 running around not even trying to play the objective or extract antivirus. Running past NPC's just "hunting" players for ****s and giggles.....one step forward 2 steps back. You cannot leave this game chance with the player base it has.....you really cant.

This game will never learn, the only saving grace is that there is a PvE option to be released that will be alot better. Why O why cant they just did not leave the survival aspect as a solo option only but in a PvP would where it was a race against the element and the other PvP players to get the objective done.

So the only way to play it is with 4 people you "ACTUALLY KNOW" as even with randomers you have to "share" all loot and resources and that is not going to happen TBH.

Shame really was so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Well just had 3 games of survival there and it pains me to say it that it is just like the DZ from earlier.....hordes of 4 running around not even trying to play the objective or extract antivirus. Running past NPC's just "hunting" players for ****s and giggles.....one step forward 2 steps back. You cannot leave this game chance with the player base it has.....you really cant.

This game will never learn, the only saving grace is that there is a PvE option to be released that will be alot better. Why O why cant they just did not leave the survival aspect as a solo option only but in a PvP would where it was a race against the element and the other PvP players to get the objective done.

So the only way to play it is with 4 people you "ACTUALLY KNOW" as even with randomers you have to "share" all loot and resources and that is not going to happen TBH.

Shame really was so looking forward to it.

Ill be sticking with PvE for this.. too many dickheads on pvp

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Ill be sticking with PvE for this.. too many dickheads on pvp

Same, pve till I get used to it, then PvP solo.

Just tried my first survival there now, got decent gear early off, full med kits and painkillers, going great and.......Delta Error.

• Advertisement

I was watching a bit earlier on PvE. Basically, you can't shoot other players, only execute when they are downed to take their stuff? And PvP Is a frag fest i'm guessing? The PvE footage I was watching looked like a good laugh anyway.

Again another brilliant concept very poorly implemented just like the DZ, the DZ really does have so much potential.

I would love to think that the DLC is just out and it will settle down but bollocks to that it will get even worse. If they were going to leave it like this then just leave all PvP players with basic pistols and no groups at least then "EVERYONE" has a fighting chance.

Had another game just there and was doing quite well down to 4 agents including myself. Had a blue ak47 I managed to barely take off an NPC and crafted a medical heal talent.....was just coming out of an alley and seen a player run by me, so I said 1v1 is 50-50 so I went for it.

Managed to kill the player but was two shotted even with my heal by a normal red NPC after 1hr of running around scrimping **** together......Its just not worth the input and the time to be wiped out in secs and all the work down the toilet.

For Survival, can a squad get dropped into the same map or is it always with random players? Still thinking about picking it up (Survival) tonight but wondering if Underground is worth enough to get the season pass? Hate the thought of buying a season pass for it though as Ubi have **** on PS players with the DLC delay.

I will say this, the season pass does offer a hell of alot of content. In fact it dwarfs most other games, If it were me its worth it especially if you got the game for little or nothing.

And patch 1.4 is a hugh success to be fair.

If you squad up you all are in the same map, so you have a much better chance of survival with a group obviously. Even if they left it that you cannot be attacked by PvP until at least the darkzone section.

It will be, like alot of game alot better with comms and a group they play together regularly but for solo players (matchmaked or not) its a waste of time IMHO of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Without a shadow of a doubt this guy is the best Division player currently playing.....he is 17yrs old and I have been watching him pretty much since launch of the game. It is incredible to watch and if you were playing against him you would also think hacker but he deffo is not hacking....just incredible talented and has come along way since I 1st start watching him.

Just jaw dropping.

Looks like a staged game to me.

Standing in the middle of 8 players and noone hitting him? Very dubious.

I have watched him for months on full servers, and he could not possibly stage them all if indeed the above is staged (I doubt it). And I have also seen him getting killed a good few times but there is no doubt he is a quality player.

Another little update....Survival.

Joined a 4 man squad and off we went, as soon as the round starts everyone runs off in their own direction, no teamwork, no comms nothing! I am on mic saying hello the usual and nothing why join a squad ffs.

Because you have the "Share" everything between 4, everyone just does their own thing and runs around looking for supplies and guns etc. This applies to killing NPCs also which is stupid.....If am in the middle of a fire fight the others just wait for the kill and run in and rob your hard earned loot.....stupid.

Anywho, low and behold 2 die within 10 mins and only two of us left. Slowly and I mean slowly the trust starts to build when I let him have one or two purple items and he gives me medicine. We loot as much as possible and get 2 decent guns and craft a sticky bomb and pulse and an anti virus filter for the DZ. Pops up on screen only 10 agents left....and 1hr has passed.

Over the wall we go into DZ and split up as his anti virus is in a different place to mine, I am quite tanky at this stage with mostly purples and 1 blue gear item & would be able to take on 2-3 purples anyway.....can hear the PvP guns and shouting etc so pulse my way around to the antivirus and collect it. Forgot I had to craft a flare gun so I look for the nearest hideout.......

Low and behold where are all the retards whoring PvP outside the safehouse WHERE ELSE!!! So instead of playing the game they go through all the hassle of getting in the DZ just to rape PvP players!!!

So I had to make my way all the way up to the next safe house and craft flare gun along with a healing station, then make my way to the nearest extraction to get the virus out. On I goes down to the extraction with my other squad mate and pop the flare!!! Queue about 5-6 ELITE HUNTERS spawning in, these boys are lethal. I honestly dont think it would be possible to extract with only 1-2 peeps with these....squaddy goes down like a fat kid on a see saw, wonda hiding for his life.

Pops down the healing station stick my head up and one shotted!!! Down I go and what makes its retarded is the hunters emit a EMP so I cant even revive by my own station as I crawl around until my timer runs out....valuable lesson learned. Might try a turret tonite for distraction as the hunters have no armour just high DPS.

Lasted just under 2 hrs and was absolutely raging I died with success so close to my fingers!

And nothing to show for my nights work

Another little update....Survival.

Not exactly man, you had a great story to tell there, was on the edge of my seat wondering if you made it out or not :) I got the game yesterday, gonna pick up Survival later so will give ya a shout if I see ya on. I think I'm level 16, not completely helpless, just lacking gear which won't matter in Survival anyway. Have you tried PvE yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

You did get something for your nights work, you got, what sounds like 2 hours of enjoyable exciting gameplay.

I played twice now, first time solo and got delta error and was kicked, was able to join back but dies to an Elite. Second time I joined 3 randomers.
    Everyone went their separate ways, which I don't think is a bad thing (in PvE) as I don't wanna be sharing/fighting over loot with my team mates.
    After about 30 minutes we were down to just me and one other guy. The other half of our "team" having perished to NPCs. Guess this is the risk of splitting up.
    I was still running about solo and made it to the DZ. Collected anti vitals and crafted flare gun straight away. Left safe house and found my team mate outside. Headed straight to DZ2 extraction, with a purple gun, a blue gun and a mix of purple and blue gear. Had crafted self heal and pulse.
    2 huntets showed up and were handy enough to take care of, although they did stickie bomb me a few times.
    So got stuff extracted and ended up with 9 caches in total, think I got 8 green gear items and a crap load of yellow gear and guns.

So extracted on my seconds run, and must say it was the most satisfying time I've had on the Division, real sense of accomplishment.
    Cant wait to have another run today, but I'm guessing I'll probably die of cold, or to a baseball bat to the skull.
    Think that's why it's so enjoyable, the success rate is about 13% so makes extracting all the sweeter.

Lasted just under 2 hrs and was absolutely raging I died with success so close to my fingers!

And that,my friend, is exactly why i really like Survival. High stakes..

played 3 rounds last night and loved it,the tension is immense..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bigphil2 wrote: »
    And that,my friend, is exactly why i really like Survival. High stakes..

played 3 rounds last night and loved it,the tension is immense..

exactly, it's fine lines, that's the beauty, if that sort of thing infuriates you more than challenges you definitely worth staying away..

on the 13% success rate, that's overall, once you figure survival out your personal success rate will be much higher, but there will always be runs when you wipe. i'd say i extract way more often than i die now, but it took a while too get to that point...

Watching Thatninjaguydon's Survival streams on youtube,he has good tips for playing it,but also highlights the pitfalls of certain strategies..

I would say its higher then 13% success rate, I knew that If I went to try and revive my squad member it would be the end but I tried.

One thing I will say is that you only get one hunter spawn per team mate, so if you solo only one will spawn. And if you fire the flare at one extraction and run to another extraction another one DOES NOT SPAWN.

I am not sure yet if he will follow you unless killed but he deffo does not spawn again. Also if you in a group only 1 person in said group has to have the anti virus and only one has to have the flare gun. But you will get a lower score at the end if yo dont have the bits and bobs asked for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

]. Also if you in a group only 1 person in said group has to have the anti virus and only one has to have the flare gun.]

no-one has to have the antivirals. you can complete and extract and never get the antivirals, i pretty much never both any more unless i am passing by them, all you get for them is more points

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    no-one has to have the antivirals. you can complete and extract and never get the antivirals, i pretty much never both any more unless i am passing by them, all you get for them is more points

HA! I did not know that, I stand corrected

Just so people know this is not a mode for loot....it is prolly 100% the worst way to get loot in the game. It all about the experience and although you can get named items it would not be recommended to do the survival for loot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So wonda..You think it's worth getting back in to for someone that never even completed the incursions.
    I never completed any of them..Too **** at the game to be honest!!!

Honestly Yes I do, I really do. The game in general has made massive strides forward and has come along way from pre 1.4 patch when the game was on its last legs. I dont know if it will ever recover (I doubt it) but anyone new to the game (especially if bought for €17 in argos) has a huge amount of content to play so its all good.

They might need to patch the survivor game mode in future to stop groups of 4 in the single player servers (which is not meant to happen but it does) but its a great experience.

And the fabulous thing is that if you have only got the game you can jump straight into survivor with everyone else as it does not matter what gearscore people are, as we all start off ****e! Obviously you need the DLC but thats it.

Bought Survival the other day, tried it yesterday but maintenance for 3 hours so couldn't play. It's on sale today on psn for a tenner and season pass 30. Bollox, I would have getting season pass at that but not after spending 15 already.

I think it worth it mate but up to you "SCROOGE"....I will be on tonite for a run in survival we have the craic. Only time I die is ****in PvP never from the elements of PvE......at this stage I have a few tricks and tips so it will be a good laugh.

Have a few Guinness in the fridge also so reckless ****e gonna happen.

I'll do my best to get on tonight, I'll hold your hand through the DZ and protect you from the bold baba's. Saying that, I won't hesitate to put you down if it means I can get your nice Wooly hat.

Finally did the survivor after 4 attempts, I was solo and I killed 4 agents with a ****ty pistol within the 1st 5 mins it was mental craic. I actually started it just for a pure acting the maggot session and its the one I actually do it.

Only 2 agents left at the end and I did it with only 5 mins to spare I was paranoid to bits the last agent was gonna kill me when I flared up. Hunter was not too hard as I had crafted a Gold G36 for his fat head.

Have to say the tension was unbearable at times it really was, I was the 2nd out and only 2 did get out.

Have a good few tips I must post up for lads wanting to do it, just stuff I learned from watching You Tube and from playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Just started playing again myself a couple of days ago, have to say I'm extremely impressed with 1.4 and what it's done for the game, they've pretty much addressed every issue which caused me to stop playing the game. Only issue I would still have is that incursions have become extremely irrelevant, though really that's not that much of an issue since they all sucked balls anyway!

Also picked up the DLC meself so will be up for some Survival craic over the holiday period!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Just started playing again myself a couple of days ago, have to say I'm extremely impressed with 1.4 and what it's done for the game, they've pretty much addressed every issue which caused me to stop playing the game. Only issue I would still have is that incursions have become extremely irrelevant, though really that's not that much of an issue since they all sucked balls anyway!

Also picked up the DLC meself so will be up for some Survival craic over the holiday period!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Might pick this up in the Steam winter sale. Would it be worth purchasing the DLC for it too?

Advertisement