Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

YES, we can get the community back up and running and get some 4 man survivor going and make all the little kiddies cry that got the game for xmas.....

MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

4 man survival sounds like great craic. Haven't been on as I've been away for Christmas, but will be on tomorrow so will keep an eye out for you wonda.

If there is anyone else back playing on PS4 that I don't have ony friend list, feel free to drop me a request, psn handle is the same as my user here.

I was the only agent left last night so I was over the moon, took my time I was meticulous in my preperation. Was lucky enough to start near a rake of ambulances so medicine and pills where everywhere......

I crafted a ballistic shield for the craic but it really is only good at the very start against the red bars and other players, I got to the DZ with 45 mins left!!!!!

So unlucky for me my AV was all the way up at the top in DZ6 ffs.

I avoided all like the plague until I found 3 division tech and crafted the gold g36c, then I took on all the purples I could find and crafted like an eejit.

Was fairly stacked with 25 mins to go, with a health overheal and a turret with all purple gear and the odd gold. I find solo its a waste of time going after bosses for the survival cache as you get totally reckt. So I collect what I can en route and headed up to the AV (anti virus) when I got there I ran in a bit to quick only to find a ****in "BOSS" and 3 yellows ffs.

I knew I was totally ****ed, so I tried to escape but I was hammered and died....my head was wrecked I was playing for so long and was the only agent left. I have completed the survival once but I was 2nd out. This would have been a great win.....but alas I chalk it down to experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Survival makes for some great stories, I finally completed my first one the other night. Was fully geared up and after playing for around 45 mins still had 40 mins in the tank, unfortunately I got greedy and got taken out, luckily some guy revived me and we teamed up and headdd to the dz, he has never reached the dz before so I explained about the hunters, plenty of close calls and revives and we finally extracted, I had 2 seconds remaining getting on the chopper, really awesome game.

Best thing to do when teaming up is obviously share the loot as best you can (easy when on comms) but when in a group of 2 or more before you call the chopper in DZ leave the group and one person call the chopper that way instead of 2-4 hunters (one for everyone in group) you only get one hunter for the lad who called the chopper but everyone can get on the chopper when it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

A hunter will arrive for everyone that comes near the extraction point, doesn't matter if they are in your group or not. We've killed ours, been waiting for the chopper , two random players arrive and two more hunters arrive and chopper won't land till they are dead.

There are even a lot of player who wait for an extraction, run in, get their hunter to spawn, let the player who called it in deal with their hunter as well as their own.

So leaving the group will not work. As soon as you approach the extract pad, in the group or not, your hunter will arrive if an extraction is inbound

Just had a really frustrating episode there, got all the way into the DZ cutting it tight after farming for ages outside. Was really in a good place to get into DZ with mostly purple armour and a purple pp19 (ABSOLUTELY ****E) which in hindsight should have kept my blue G36 even if it was 2-3K lower damage.

Jumped in mid way up DZ and AV was down in DZ1 ffs, running down get to DZ3 and bryant park in middle and 2 purple dudes. Kill one and about to kill another when an agent comes from the other side and kills him then misses me with a sticky bomb....here we go I taught but I was quietly confident with my armour and pulse with my turret.

Hide behind truck and pop energy bar so health regens and then pop turret as I run off, around your man comes straight into turret and I open fire too. Only take half his health with the two amounts of damage. He has a shotgun which is lethal but I keep a distance....I see him ADS but there is no sound from his gun but I am taking damage.

Was not sure if there was NPC's or it was him hitting me. I toss inced. grenade at him and his on fire. Pop my pulse and throw turret and resume damage output but I am barely damaging him meanwhile I am getting hit from a shotgun from ages away getting RECKT!

This went on in real time for about 6 mins and I was out of medi packs but he was jumping around not a bother......kills me in the end and stands there clapping for at least 2 mins so that was in theory 8 mins wasted from that pricks time who I doubt was even interested in doing the mission just running around near invincible with a shottie looking for agents to ruin their game.

****in game wrecks my head sometimes...buggy weapons and PvP invincibility all over again. Have no problem getting killed by agents it has happened loads already but this ****e all over again with tanked agents running around that are impossible to kill like in previous DZ!!!

mossym wrote: »
    A hunter will arrive for everyone that comes near the extraction point, doesn't matter if they are in your group or not. We've killed ours, been waiting for the chopper , two random players arrive and two more hunters arrive and chopper won't land till they are dead.

There are even a lot of player who wait for an extraction, run in, get their hunter to spawn, let the player who called it in deal with their hunter as well as their own.

So leaving the group will not work. As soon as you approach the extract pad, in the group or not, your hunter will arrive if an extraction is inbound

Well fook me mate I was watching some lad on YOU TUBE last night do it in a group of 4!!!!

He left and only 1 hunter arrived......must keep an eye on it so.

I stand corrected if not the case..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I got this two days ago, currently sitting at level 21. Did my first survival tonight with two level 30 friends. one of them crashed and burned just before we got to the dark zone, he had to go anyway. And then me and my friend went to the dark zone, kicked ass and got to the choppa! Finished it on my first one :pac:

I was hoping to get more xp than i did considering the amount of time it took to do, i went up a level but not sure how much up the bar i was prior to leveling, i did make it out with a load of level 30 weapons/armour however..

Is the survival gear good? or would i be better off selling most of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    YES, we can get the community back up and running and get some 4 man survivor going and make all the little kiddies cry that got the game for xmas.....

MWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've also installed Survival and am available for the band reunion. Is there a PS4 chat still?

• Advertisement

I've also installed Survival and am available for the band reunion. Is there a PS4 chat still?

There is still a chat, most of the blowins left it ;) I can add you (I think) but there has not been a message on it in months apart from me....lol. I seen you on last night I was gonna ask you if you wanted a run in survival but you were in a mission, if you are on again I will fire off a message and we have a bash at it.

nix wrote: »
    I got this two days ago, currently sitting at level 21. Did my first survival tonight with two level 30 friends. one of them crashed and burned just before we got to the dark zone, he had to go anyway. And then me and my friend went to the dark zone, kicked ass and got to the choppa! Finished it on my first one :pac:

I was hoping to get more xp than i did considering the amount of time it took to do, i went up a level but not sure how much up the bar i was prior to leveling, i did make it out with a load of level 30 weapons/armour however..

Is the survival gear good? or would i be better off selling most of it?

Survival is purely for the experience mate, if you are looking for loot its deffo not the place to do it. Far to much time and effort when you could run the underground or even lexington multiple times and get loads of gear in a fraction of the time.

You can get survival caches and named gear but mostly from the BIG BOSSES in the DZ that are extremely hard to take on solo unless you are really properly kitted out or very good player.

Groups of 2-4 should be fine.....but as I said its mostly for the thrill and the challenge more so for loot.

Quick Update...

Currently there is a bad bug concerning the chopper not arriving when called! Was watching "Greenlife High" a good you tube player starting out and he was doing so so well. Got to the extraction with 10 mins left and called chopper but it did not arrive...all the audio was there and blah blah we are taking off in 30 secs the usual. Meanwhile his virus is killing him and he no medicine left, he had to run off with about 4 mins left looking for medicine in the subway underneath with the boss. He had to run around dodging all the yellows looking for medicine and call another chopper in and same thing happened. After all that time and energy I would hop my ps4 off the wall!!!!

He was at the large extraction in DZ3 (bryant park I think it is) the one with the balcony overlooking the extraction point....so stay clear of that one it seems to be quite bad. And dont cut it close in case it happens to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

There is still a chat, most of the blowins left it ;) I can add you (I think) but there has not been a message on it in months apart from me....lol. I seen you on last night I was gonna ask you if you wanted a run in survival but you were in a mission, if you are on again I will fire off a message and we have a bash at it.

Im abroad will be back Thursday if anybody wants to run a survival.. have not played the game in months but want to get back into it.,

Ps4 name BAZ171075

Good read for anyone playing survival.

http://divisiontips.com/guides/Survival/HunterTips.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've been playing bits of single player when I get the chance, waiting to have a few hours spare before trying Survival. Add me if ye see me on - sheehy83

Really enjoying the SP. Fighting the cleaners in an apartment building burning was wrecking my head, must have tried solo 20-30 times, went co-op with 3 random lads and even though 2 of them were shyte, we mauled the cleaners, was a great laugh. Will definitely be up for co-op more in the missions to come.

Is it best to break down or sell unwanted weapons, equipment, gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've been playing bits of single player when I get the chance, waiting to have a few hours spare before trying Survival. Add me if ye see me on - sheehy83

Really enjoying the SP. Fighting the cleaners in an apartment building burning was wrecking my head, must have tried solo 20-30 times, went co-op with 3 random lads and even though 2 of them were shyte, we mauled the cleaners, was a great laugh. Will definitely be up for co-op more in the missions to come.

Yes. If you don't need it break it down for parts.

Survival is purely for the experience mate, if you are looking for loot its deffo not the place to do it. Far to much time and effort when you could run the underground or even lexington multiple times and get loads of gear in a fraction of the time.

You can get survival caches and named gear but mostly from the BIG BOSSES in the DZ that are extremely hard to take on solo unless you are really properly kitted out or very good player.

Groups of 2-4 should be fine.....but as I said its mostly for the thrill and the challenge more so for loot.

Sweet, do i have to be lvl 30 to do all of them? anything i can do when leveling? are incursions lvl 30 instances?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The way single player is set up now, you are likely to get the best gear just running around the streets mopping up random low level encounters. Missions give maybe one item of guaranteed level loot but the time sunk into them and the difficulty imo isn't worth it. All the god rolled stuff I've picked up has been from random encounters and crafting/combat /field proficiency caches.

The good thing is there are now plenty of ways to play the game and still progress.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I would deffo just sell them and get the money as you will be picking up stuff left right and centre starting off. Get the dosh into the bank and before long you will have so much money you cant buy stuff fast enough to get rid of it.....when you have loads of money buy the caches off the 1st vendor inside the BoO and you will get pheonix credits and items.

I really would not bother crafting gear early in the game its not worth it TBH.

Any news lads that got the game I dont mind running a few missions on really hard and dragging you through them so you get really good gear and can have mine aswell at the end.

Add me on PSN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Back home now from a trip to my parents for xmas, so will be on tonight from about 7 or 8ish. If anyone sees me on and is up for a run at survival just drop me a message on psn. Username same as here.

If only starting out and getting the hang of survival dont bother your arse getting the Anti Virus you only get extra points at the end. The amount of times I go in at the lower DZ and trip up to the high DZ5-6 for that AV and get hammered, I did not know it was optional ffs.

If its beside you then by all means, the best thing you can do is learn where the DV (division tech) is in the DZ so you can run and collect it all in a loop and get ready for the bosses (for the survival caches) and then extract.

Thats what its all about, well that and the hoekey coekey.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Back home now from a trip to my parents for xmas, so will be on tonight from about 7 or 8ish. If anyone sees me on and is up for a run at survival just drop me a message on psn. Username same as here.

Yeah hit me up lads, TBH its alot harder in a group more then 2 from what I seen. Unless we all on comms, but if 2-3 on tonite we give it a blast.....

I am no expert (well in my head I have these great plans playing but they quickly go to ****e) but I have a fair idea whats what.

Ahhh what a night.....

Lad I played RB6 seige bough the season pass after not playing since gear score 170. Got him up to 256 gear score dragging him through 3 rounds of Hudson refugee camp on scaling world tiers.

Then into the survival for the 1st time for him and 1st time not solo for me with someone on comms, I must admit I taught we would get hammered but lo and behold we got all the way to calling the chopper killed one of the hunters but just could not get the 2nd one.

We were too long getting into the DZ at the start, and did not really find enough loot en route. We had only 15 mins when we entered and we were quite low spec'd. All the DV was already taken but we did really well to even get to the LZ it stated on screen that only 2 agents were left but I am not sure if that meant just us 2 or 2 including us.

If I had 4 more DV I would off had the M44 Gold Sniper and its a dead cert to escape with that beast.

Really good night and the tension was mental at points.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

If only starting out and getting the hang of survival dont bother your arse getting the Anti Virus you only get extra points at the end. The amount of times I go in at the lower DZ and trip up to the high DZ5-6 for that AV and get hammered, I did not know it was optional ffs.

If its beside you then by all means, the best thing you can do is learn where the DV (division tech) is in the DZ so you can run and collect it all in a loop and get ready for the bosses (for the survival caches) and then extract.

Thats what its all about, well that and the hoekey coekey.

ah, didnt know you dont need the Anti Virus, spent ages getting up to DZ6. sneaking around the elites like Splinter Cell, and got killed on the way down

does the AV cure your septic shock issue, keep running out of time because of it, 1hr is not that long.

AV does nothing, its not even an actual "Item" all the "box" does is give you guaranteed division tech to craft a flare gun to get out.....It ****in always miles away from where you drop in the DZ (well for me anyway) I still achieved the highest rank of master without getting it.

If you kill a rake of NPCs you will more then make up for the lack of points it gets you. Best tip I can give is learn where the Div Tech is on the DZ 1-3 and craft the M44 with 2 mods....makes the hunters look like red bar NPCs.

Man O Man.....

Had 4 games of survival last night 2 in a row killed within secs of coming out the door, loaded in again for the 3rd and I am embarrassed even posting this. Crafted an LMG straight away after finding 2 weapon parts outside the door, so I had really nice gun 10 secs after coming out the door.

Agent runs up and starts pistol shooting me, I open up and he hears the TUD TUD TUD TUD and ****in legs it....lol. Runs around the corner and I follow, he hides and starts shooting again. I clip him in the head and he goes down, pure instinct in me hits the reload button as I run up to melee him but I am in the reload animation and the pig revives and gets up only to pull out a low end sniper and no scopes me!!!!!

Down I go like a fat kid on a see saw and he kills me!!!!!!

Last round I had was my best ever, I found rakes of stuff and also looted purple armour for every slot from dead agents. Crafted my heal and turret for the DZ and as I am hopping up into the DZ I get absolutely riddled by an agent.

Gutted is not the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads, I'm a small but stuck. I'm clearing up regions before moving into the next. I need filter 3 but only have 2. I unlocked a load in medical wing but didn't realise some upgraded the filter. I'm level 20 and the next medical story mission is level 27, all other medical side missions need filter 3. If I join other people's missions doing medical ones, well I get more supplies for it? I replayed an old one on hard and got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Hi,

Survival is sooo much fun! If anyone is up for Survival on the PC. Add me on Steam JonB.

• Advertisement

I see alot of people talking about farming lexington, any specific reason why? or just an easy spot to farm for random loot?

Advertisement