Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nix wrote: »
    I see alot of people talking about farming lexington, any specific reason why? or just an easy spot to farm for random loot?

It drops the named item of Barrets Chestpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

nix wrote: »
    I see alot of people talking about farming lexington, any specific reason why? or just an easy spot to farm for random loot?

I did it easy 200 times (no joke) and I have only gotten 1 chest pieces and Id would say I was EXTREMELY lucky to have got them.

Only thing is with a team of 4 good guys you can rip through it in about 6-10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Playing a 3 phase underground mission with randoms yesterday. No mics, hard setting, no drama. Put down the last boss but before I could pick up the loot the leader kicked me, so missed out on that and the end of mission rewards. Given how the drops now work it's no big deal but it's sad people think this sort of douchebaggery is amusing. Still, if it's one thing online gaming has taught me it's never trust someone who equips a riot shield by choice. Dude was French too!

Games' changed completely since I last played. Having struggled for months to get a GS of 204 after a few hours had enough stuff to max out 4 or 5 characters. First random NPC dropped in world 5 dropped a 256 gear item. If anything it's too easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Haven't posted on here in a while although still paying every night though, mostly soloing in the DZ. Have tried survival and its good but I dont have the time to put into survival (two kids etc) so I only get a an hour or two at best so I can give a survival mission justice.

Like everybody else I'm running a AB with FAMAS and a LW M4 with awesome talents hence 377/420/100 melts everything especially with 56% EAD and 35% damage to elites. But like everybody else I wanted to try something different but nothing could come anywhere near AB. Tried high electronics but nah then I saw the Upper Echelon Gamers video of the DeadEye build and its fun. As he mentions it is more a team based build but I have just run solo in the DZ and I was able to easy enough. I can put down lv34 purples in two shots and elites in 3/4, takes a bit of gettin used to and not rushing in staying back and take your time but I cleared out mobs and bosses easy enough. Try it

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Yeah I find most of the builds very under powered but Id say its because after running the AB build everything else is under powered. I really like the fire crest build with the turret and with the right talents and and perks with the right mods its really powerful too.

Might try the dead eye coz I am getting bored with AB build at this stage.

Have to say the new named guns are not dropping at all, I think the devs have done what they always do ramp up the drop rate for about 2 weeks after the new content drops and then reduce it drastically.

I have pick up 1 Famas and 1 showstopper playing every night since 1.4 for a few hours, M700 snipers dont count you get them free with each restock of ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Lads, I'm a small but stuck. I'm clearing up regions before moving into the next. I need filter 3 but only have 2. I unlocked a load in medical wing but didn't realise some upgraded the filter. I'm level 20 and the next medical story mission is level 27, all other medical side missions need filter 3. If I join other people's missions doing medical ones, well I get more supplies for it? I replayed an old one on hard and got nothing.

These are the 3 Medical wing ugrades for uprading your filter to max

Virus Lab – 500 Supplies
    Hazmat Unit – 400 Supplies (needs Virus Lab)
    Pharmacy – 200 Supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I'm 40 supplies short for the Hazmat upgrade. The only medical supply missions on my map either needed a higher level filter than I had or the mission was a good bit above my level and I was getting wrecked. I just went ahead with some other missions, got to level 22 and will try a level 24 side mission now that will give me the remaining supplies needed. I'll be well overpowered for the older regions I have yet to clear.

Yeah, I'm 40 supplies short for the Hazmat upgrade. The only medical supply missions on my map either needed a higher level filter than I had or the mission was a good bit above my level and I was getting wrecked. I just went ahead with some other missions, got to level 22 and will try a level 24 side mission now that will give me the remaining supplies needed. I'll be well overpowered for the older regions I have yet to clear.

Im only level 15 and i was scouring Medical wing missions in areas where i am levelled up to,the missions were giving enemy level 25,but when i went to them,the enemies were level 9 for example (in keeping with the areas level)
    Must be a bug so maybe try some of the missions anyway?

I will do the missions with you that you are under level for and "drag" you through them.

All the gear I get I will give them to you also.

In fact the other night I was playing with a lad off here he was 160 GS after 40 mins he was 256 and running lexington over and over with me for a BCP.

I understand if you wanna do it all yourself but dont get bogged down with this sort off crap, you could go off and do a rake of side missions for a week and then come back but it aint worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I got to play a bit more of this over christmas, I am about level 10 and trying to find people to do missions with is a pain in the hoop. Granted I could solo a good few of them but it would be nice to have a few companions when I just want to blast thru the missions rather than slog through them. I got the season pass aswell so hopefully I get a bit more time on the xbox over the next few weeks to get into this more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Take yer time levelling up and enjoy the base game before worrying about gear sets and getting to 256. Plenty of side missions and collect able to keep you going for a while but if you want to power level through the game which ruins the experience imo then join up with a few lads on world tier 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I got to play a bit more of this over christmas, I am about level 10 and trying to find people to do missions with is a pain in the hoop. Granted I could solo a good few of them but it would be nice to have a few companions when I just want to blast thru the missions rather than slog through them. I got the season pass aswell so hopefully I get a bit more time on the xbox over the next few weeks to get into this more :)

Can't help 'cos you got an x-box. :)
    Matchmaking is a pretty good experience in this game even with randoms. Granted, I didn't try it until I hit 30 but it might work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't help 'cos you got an x-box. :)
    Matchmaking is a pretty good experience in this game even with randoms. Granted, I didn't try it until I hit 30 but it might work.

Dont worry i'll get it on PS soon, nathan asked for it with the season pass for christmas so thats the only reason im playing it on xbone :P yeah the matchmaking was ok for the first day then I just couldnt get any games at all through it for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Genuinely, I would play the base game solo and finish that.

If you join up to do the missions multiplayer, you'll fly through the base game and once you've done that it's much less fun, even with the 1.5 patch. It may be frustrating to see things like Medical missions which are above your level when you need something like an additional filter, but if you're doing all the side missions and encounters then you should have enough credits to get very close to 100% before you have to do something like the final main Medical missions at level 27 or so.

If you stick to the mantra "clean out everything in one neighbourhood before moving on to the next safehouse" then you'll find you're usually well *above* the required level for Main Story Missions and doing them solo will be a challenge, but not anywhere near so impossible you'd need to team up with someone.

Genuinely, I would play the base game solo and finish that.

If you join up to do the missions multiplayer, you'll fly through the base game and once you've done that it's much less fun, even with the 1.5 patch. It may be frustrating to see things like Medical missions which are above your level when you need something like an additional filter, but if you're doing all the side missions and encounters then you should have enough credits to get very close to 100% before you have to do something like the final main Medical missions at level 27 or so.

If you stick to the mantra "clean out everything in one neighbourhood before moving on to the next safehouse" then you'll find you're usually well *above* the required level for Main Story Missions and doing them solo will be a challenge, but not anywhere near so impossible you'd need to team up with someone.

This is how im doing it,not as methodical but along those lines,really enjoying it,the one or two times ive tried missions that are even 2 or 3 levels above where i am (Police Academy mission for example) you can grind through most of them until that last part with the Named enemy,and get repeatedly killed until it becomes a pain in the hole..

Best off playing through to your level,also the story,as basic as it is,is really quite good.

I've been playing base game solo so far, clearing region by region, levelling up just right. I forgot about getting filters and got to a point where there was no green missions for my filter 2 or just way above me. Back on track now anyway, level 22 and will plough on region by region. Oce I hit 30/End Game, I'll jump on with ye and get some daycent gear.

I still have to try Survival but everytime I throw on the game, I just want to do 'one more' story mission.

The base game I found absolutely brilliant and its is paced just perfect...I did it 3 times (for 3 different builds, without having to swaps ****e over constantly) and it never got tired.

I did 2 survival missions tonite and I swear I nearly had a bleedin heart attack in one of them, down to 1.28sec before I died. No medicine and I crafted only a high end M44 custom to deal with the hunter as I got to the DZ far to late.

Had major problems with my hunter this time, ran out of bullets in the sniper mid fight.....had to throw my turret to the left and run all the way around and try to flank him with a "BLUE G36" LMFAO.

Mission Accomplished......Just about.

Anyone up for some Survivor on PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've been playing base game solo so far, clearing region by region, levelling up just right. I forgot about getting filters and got to a point where there was no green missions for my filter 2 or just way above me. Back on track now anyway, level 22 and will plough on region by region. Oce I hit 30/End Game, I'll jump on with ye and get some daycent gear.

I still have to try Survival but everytime I throw on the game, I just want to do 'one more' story mission.

Did you not find it tough solo?

Did you not find it tough solo?

Not when you're a tough bastard like me :D actually, I went co-op on 2 missions, the cleaners in apartment building with the sniper that could one shot me and the Barret mission, almost impossible solo. After those, I won't mind joining a group for a specific bollox of a mission.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not when you're a tough bastard like me :D

:pac:

just asking those who are playing this game a while, im lvl 17 in the main game and i have yet to find a different X12 scope than the 1% Headshot damage one,does a better one exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Myself and one of the lads are on most nights ( couple of others drop in and out) ,xbox one, have game bout a month and only really getting the hang of gearset bonuses and gun talents etc. Originally we were trying yo get one complete set.

Darkzone can be tough with only two of us.

Anyways if anyone neeeds help ranking up (we eill do higher missions and drag people through) or wants to play coop my GT is Doyler1984

Anyone up for some Survivor on PS4?

Dude you gotta hit me up when I am on, I dont check to see who is on when I am playing.

If I am in a mission send me an invite and as soon as I am done I join you.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Dude you gotta hit me up when I am on, I dont check to see who is on when I am playing.

If I am in a mission send me an invite and as soon as I am done I join you.

You weren't online man when I was on unless you were in offline mode. Next time I'm on and see ya, will send ya an invite, we'll go troll the shyte out of the DZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

bigphil2 wrote: »
    just asking those who are playing this game a while, im lvl 17 in the main game and i have yet to find a different X12 scope than the 1% Headshot damage one,does a better one exist?

Scopes are pretty rare for sniper rifles, you'll probably have to keep an eye out with vendors and snap one up when one arrives. Frustratingly, all rifles come with a scope but it never scales with level, it's always grey x12. I do have a purple x15 but that's one of two that dropped the whole time I've been playing.

Scopes are pretty rare for sniper rifles, you'll probably have to keep an eye out with vendors and snap one up when one arrives. Frustratingly, all rifles come with a scope but it never scales with level, it's always grey x12. I do have a purple x15 but that's one of two that dropped the whole time I've been playing.

Cheers,i thought as much.. playing sniper build and its just frustrating that you can scale everything else up but the scopes.. ill have to keep an eye out

Do yourself a favor and DONT zoom the sniper rifle at all, it does absolutely nothing for you (unless really long range) Learn to just use the standard reticle as it is alot quicker to snipe and believe it or not more accurate......especially if you have the proper mods to stop the reticle flare.

So when modding the gun stick any scope at all on the rifle even a red dot if it has the properties you want and use the 3rd person mode.

M700 carbon is my go to rifle at the moment but the M44 is savage.

Old school M1A still pack a punch but the new m700 is so sexy looking and sounds great.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor and DONT zoom the sniper rifle at all, it does absolutely nothing for you (unless really long range) Learn to just use the standard reticle as it is alot quicker to snipe and believe it or not more accurate......especially if you have the proper mods to stop the reticle flare.

So when modding the gun stick any scope at all on the rifle even a red dot if it has the properties you want and use the 3rd person mode.

M700 carbon is my go to rifle at the moment but the M44 is savage.

Old school M1A still pack a punch but the new m700 is so sexy looking and sounds great.

thats what im doing at the mo,have a hunting rifle with a 3.4x red dot on it,was more curiosity as id not seen any upgraded scopes.. also sometimes the x12 scope comes in very handy for taking out a group from a distance,hit the grenade dudes hip bag from afar and pick the rest off.. its worked a treat so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had a gold mk2a5 15x gold, it was a level 34 one, I flogged it as I need cash to buy sealed caches for the Phoenix credits,
    I either got it in a drop from Lexington or from those sealed caches you buy off vendors but they exist

Advertisement