Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Have high electronics from my fire crest build so can easily unlock them. You can make up the headshot damage from the suppressor and 12x Scope I mentioned, and it had better headshot damage then my other M700. Already have a standard m700 with with 170 odd headshot damage but the tactical is more customisable.

What are good talents to be looking for on M700?

if you start with a higher base headshot damage and add the same supressor and 12x scope you'll end up with a much higher headshot damage.

you really want to be speccing for headshot on a marksman. so a critical hit talent on a slow firing weapon like an m700 is pointless, so the fierce on it is poor. determined is okay if you can unlock it or it's bottom slot. and elevated you want to be rolling off every time anyway.

plus that gun is the tactical, the m700 you want is the carbon as it allows all the weapon attachments, the tactical doesn't allow the underbarrel.

my m700 is a carbon, so has the underbarrel, has 170% base damage, and has destructive, brutal elevated. it would be almost godly if it had come brutal and destrutive, but i had to roll for destructive so kept elevated. been looking for a better one for ages, but no luck. determined, prepared, anything to do with headshot are decenet talents, but if i got brutal destrutive prepared with high headshot on a carbon i'd consider it god roll

IMHO the m700 in the hub is the wrong model, too low a HS damage and three talents away from being good. i wouldn't bother with it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

26 lvl randomer messaged me Friday "Can you help me get to level 29" Sure I guess, couple of hours later he was 30 and I had a new biggest fan. Playing the next day on my second alt (jesus) twice as long and went from 10.5 to 11.5. It's a slog.
    Actually really enjoying the campaign again.

Finally got the LVOA to drop (there was a bit of fist pumping) and the rolls were awful, really gutted. Couple of hours later a really good one dropped. Beyond happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

big changes coming in 1.6 with Last Stand...alpha bridge is getting nerfed big time

other changes..exotic gear has its own colour and the dark zone doubles in size with DZ07,08 and 09.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-16-update-will-nearly-double-the-size-of-the-dark-zone/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Blazer wrote: »
    big changes coming in 1.6 with Last Stand...alpha bridge is getting nerfed big time

other changes..exotic gear has its own colour and the dark zone doubles in size with DZ07,08 and 09.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-16-update-will-nearly-double-the-size-of-the-dark-zone/

Yeah new it was gonna happen, its not even that overpowered its just the rest of the gear sets are below par. Massive would really stop the nerf/buff/nerf mentality it makes them look stupid.

Another 3 DZ's to house more ****in numpties!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah new it was gonna happen, its not even that overpowered its just the rest of the gear sets are below par. Massive would really stop the nerf/buff/nerf mentality it makes them look stupid.

Another 3 DZ's to house more ****in numpties!

actually they're not increasing the amount of players in the dz..so a bit more space to wander around..

actually they're not increasing the amount of players in the dz..so a bit more space to wander around..

numpties in the DZ are like gremlins, just add water and they multiply by the millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Brilliant news ^ ^. Everybody grab your strikers + shottie.

pretty much hammering AB. Losing two perks, can't use exotics as perk won't share, Famas is now an exotic so no more complicated?
    Not a fan of not being able to reroll exotics.
    Kinda mixed feelings about the changes to the D3-FNC set. I use it all the time in PvE and it is probably OP but still not happy about nerfing it. Never been killed by anyone using it in PvP but was ambushed by a 3 man team earlier and still managed to kill one of them so I can see how it could be "useful" in the right hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

gimli2112 wrote: »
    pretty much hammering AB. Losing two perks, can't use exotics as perk won't share, Famas is now an exotic so no more complicated?
    Not a fan of not being able to reroll exotics.
    Kinda mixed feelings about the changes to the D3-FNC set. I use it all the time in PvE and it is probably OP but still not happy about nerfing it. Never been killed by anyone using it in PvP but was ambushed by a 3 man team earlier and still managed to kill one of them so I can see how it could be "useful" in the right hands.

Its kind of crazy alright, you'd think they'd just nerf the damage bonus to 0% when someone fully mods either weapon. Not just the 3% (I think?) at present.

• Advertisement

Total wasted of time grinding in this ****in game. You grind for X amount of time, min max your best gear and WHAMMO they go and **** it up because too many people are using it.

Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans!!!!

Total wasted of time grinding in this ****in game. You grind for X amount of time, min max your best gear and WHAMMO they go and **** it up because too many people are using it.

Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans!!!!

What does this mean? Seen it referenced in a few places but don't fully understand it.
    I've always hated guns and stuff being nerfed over various games. You just have to move on and pick the next game breaking gear set I guess :)

It means that when you finally get a really good set of gear with near god rolls on all items, you spend hours tinkering with it and spending insane amounts of money and PC to get it absolutely near PERFECT. Takes an awful lot of time and effort and play time, and for what......for it to be totally destroyed on a wim by the developer.

I really taught we were past all this ****e when 1.4 dropped and the game was making strides forward....Every single decent set of gear made in this game has been messed with, history really does repeat itself and massive never learn.

All the changes made are PURELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF DZ PLAY, they know that more people are in the DZ with the new content using AB so nerf the **** out of it.

Why cant they just nerf it when in the DZ instead of the LZ also.....

Just thinking about it, my other char has the striker gear set. I have nearly 400K health but the DPS goes to 650K when striker is proc'ed. now that is ****in mental....will they nerf that!!!! Oh no, coz no one is really using it.

They only go after **** that works for the mass players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Totally agree. Their mentality is changes should be subtractive, and has only been saved by the 2 (or so) huge overhauls that really added back to the game. 1.5 had gear raining like candy, all it did was add to the fun regardless of complaints it would take away from the longevity. The change in approach was universally praised by the community and critics alike. Now they're back to the same old crap.
    How long have people been asking for a pure PvE DZ? It won't affect current PvP numbers as those folks never go in there anyway but is a super simple way to add PvE content. Their response? Make it bigger....that's it. Refuse to acknowledge the majority of the playerbase do not like the mechanic and keep trying to goad them into it, this time it's the promise that you are less likely to run into assholes.

It's like there's someone with a lot of political clout in the team that refuses to give up on certain initial release principals no matter what the player base actual want. Little old project-manager Gollum and his preciooussez.

They REALLY REALLY dont want to cut the DZ from the game, and they are doing their upmost to get it working....that fine I am all for that. BUT, dont **** the LZ (Light Zone) game up in the process.

Heres an idea, why not have just basic guns in the DZ and no perks. Strip the whole DZ back to pure guns with no abilities on them where skill and armour come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

To be honest it's not surprising they're running into problems balancing the gear. If you look at blizzard, they spend years, literally, balancing the game mechanics for whatever they introduce in single player games like StarCraft, and they've got thousands of playtesters; more importantly they've got fewer combinations to evaluate. When you think of the number of individual loot items, with major and minor perks, slots, talents, base capabilities, ranges of stats, as well as the randomness of individual play styles.... It's an impossible task.

Even when you consider that AB is being nerfed, it's a while since 1.5 came out and it's only recently that the community has really latched on to it.

http://imgur.com/mAkEDj8

37.7M DPS. Kewl I have a Valkyria :)

This new patch is gonna be a ****IN disaster I tells ya all that.....the new gear set is a bleedin joke. Talk about sentry all over again, 100% crit hit every 3rd shot....can you imagine an LMG with meticulous perk and 220 bullets.

Also they have it that chest shots are now nearly as powerful as a crit hit!!!!

Have a look at skill up vids for full details, one or two good things but alot off bull****!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I only had quick run through DZ 7 to 9, and it was pretty much more of the same. Though it did seem fairly solo-friendly enemy wise. But Central Park was walled off. Do we not get to play in there at all?

• Advertisement

When is it dropping on consoles?

Reports across the board seem to suggest that nearly all the new weapons are glitched hitting DPS in the "Millions" and just performing poorly. I would not mind the error codes that will settle but alot of stuff broken indeed....:mad:

Heres an idea, why not have just basic guns in the DZ and no perks. Strip the whole DZ back to pure guns with no abilities on them where skill and armour come into play.

I like that idea..they did it in survival mode for PvP so everyone starts equal but I suppose if people were losing their gear going into the DZ no one would play it.
    The problem was with the first incursion all the glitchers got their high end gear and were at a huge advantage to everyone else especially in DZ..Massive should have wiped everyone at that stage back to Level 30 and removed the incursion but did ****all about it until 1.5 where it rained gear..at this time hardly anyone was playing it anymore. I love the DZ and it makes for some very tense games and you can avoid the rogues if you're clever about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone else not able to connect?

Anyone else not able to connect?

When I tried logging on around six yesterday it initially said the servers were not available but got in straight away when trying again. Was on earlier this morning too without any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Still eternally connecting.

Did the new patch drop today by chance.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Did the new patch drop today by chance.....

No, not for the main game. PTS should be about to get a new build though.

The LVOA in the Wolves Den is pretty decent. Get it before the patch kills the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Got my fourth Tenabrae last night from an LZ boss ??? do they drop anything else :rolleyes:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

I've gotten a Cadeceus, a number of MC gloves, shortbow kneepads and a Tenabrae but that's about it.
    Got Ferros mask but that could have dropped in the Napalm Centre

Advertisement