Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Never had a Cadecesus or a Tenabrae.....was in the DZ yesterday for about 2 hrs for the first time in months. Sparkle is well and truely gone out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a 3rd character to 30. Played General Assembly in World Tier 1. A couple of level 28s, a 29 and my 256 Gear Score character one shotting everything with an M700 :)

Trying to make an electronics build is comical with all my saved gear specced for Health and DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Never had a Cadecesus or a Tenabrae.....was in the DZ yesterday for about 2 hrs for the first time in months. Sparkle is well and truely gone out of the place.

went into DZ today, lasted about 20 minutes and quit... a gang of 4 ****ers kept on killing me,,,, anytime I tried to call in the chopper the ****ers would pop out of nowhere and shoot me...... gave up in frustration...

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    went into DZ today, lasted about 20 minutes and quit... a gang of 4 ****ers kept on killing me,,,, anytime I tried to call in the chopper the ****ers would pop out of nowhere and shoot me...... gave up in frustration...

Yep, and 99% of the time they dont bother taking your gear or extract anything of their own. They are only in the DZ to wreck peoples heads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Ran Lex all day yesterday. Got an exotic holster and bag, but still no Barrats Chest! Starting to annoy me now ^ ^.

Also did they **** up the Showstopper? The spread on that thing is stupid. Kinda pointless talent that reduces the spread, when it just reduces to a normal shottie spread near the end of the mag.

Swapped it for an sasg which has a much smaller spread. Love the sound of the Showstopper and not having to single shot, but the damage is nowhere near as good on it, tried accuracy mods but they made no real difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Ran Lex all day yesterday. Got an exotic holster and bag, but still no Barrats Chest! Starting to annoy me now ^ ^.

Dont know how you can run Lex all the time that would drive me mental especially when you dont get barretts drop. Two runs in a row is enough for me and only then if I match into a group and they restart the mission before I can quit :P

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Dont know how you can run Lex all the time that would drive me mental especially when you dont get barretts drop. Two runs in a row is enough for me and only then if I match into a group and they restart the mission before I can quit :P

yeah you freeloader, loading into my group last week!!

Well I don't really have a choice, if I want the Barrets chest :)

All the teams pretty much have it down to a fine art at this stage. Doesn't take long to run and most stay there until they have to go sell.

I run it regularly and have the chestpiece. Want an un-rolled one for 1.6.

People would Call me mad also... going into the DZ solo all time just to get ganked non stop and thinking I can take down a 4 man gank squad with just a decent M700 carbon :(

• Advertisement

Well I don't really have a choice, if I want the Barrets chest :)

All the teams pretty much have it down to a fine art at this stage. Doesn't take long to run and most stay there until they have to go sell.

Shooter TBH its not all that, there are other gold chest pieces just as good. Its nice to get one but I would not be going anal about getting one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Shooter TBH its not all that, there are other gold chest pieces just as good. Its nice to get one but I would not be going anal about getting one.

What other chest pieces would you recommend wonda?I got a Barrets last week but the roll in it was crap.
    Prefer my firecrest armour.
    Loving the firecrest buikd with 4 pieces though.
    Just not sure what to compliment them with.

Ah come on now. When you have all your skills it,s nice to have the extra pep. When you have 1 skill popped u get the extra damage and then when you've blown em both, usually near death, you get armor. Its a good item alright.

Hellrazer wrote: »

What other chest pieces would you recommend wonda?I got a Barrets last week but the roll in it was crap.
    Prefer my firecrest armour.
    Loving the firecrest buikd with 4 pieces though.
    Just not sure what to compliment them with.

Currently running rapid i think, which speeds up your heal recharge. Vigorous is also nice, it gives overheal on all your heals + so you can remove the perk.

Ah come on now. When you have all your skills it,s nice to have the extra pep. When you have 1 skill popped u get the extra damage and then when you've blown em both, usually near death, you get armor. Its a good item alright.

Put it this way I have two of them on 2 chars and I only use 1 of them, its a nice chest piece but not the be all and end all of chest pieces. Its not a game changer put it that way, if it was a low char it might help you more.

I have played with it and without it in the same build and didnt notice any difference when it was equipped, having said that when you get to a certain build (high numbers wise) you are mincing the AI anyway.

I would not wear it if it was stopping me activating a 4 piece set for instance.

Nice if you can get a god roll all the same.

Finally got Bliss' holster, just need the DZ backpack for the full set now. An hour later managed to solo extract the Midas. Friday was a good day.
    Made an electronics build. Didn't roll any armour but still got the electronics to 250K, which is considerably higher than I normally run. It. Is. Hilarious.
    Can see why so many people run those seeker mines. When the patch drops I'll make a real electronics build.

Had 3xWeekly caches on each of my 3 main characters, Opened one set last night Barrett's Chest Piece, Bliss' Holster and the shortbow kneepads. Literally hundreds of hours of farming done in 10 seconds.

Logged in last night for about 20 mins to see what that last stand is all about....what a cluster fook of a mission/incursion. Same old ****e, get a room and spawn as many high end enemies as you can to create a pure pay and spray for 20mins!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So what's the craic lads with the new update.Namely the Pvp?Won't get a chance to play till Friday ?

Can't get my head around this update I'm a bit pissed off with it really, I am super soft and going down a lot. Now I am invested lot in firearms but no more than 1.5 but I'm buring through medkits and going down a lot.

I don't know do I have the energy to rebuild again

• Advertisement

TBH I am done with this game now, seems to me all the work done in the last patch is out the window again. And it looks like the graphics are lower quality something not right. But I am sick of grinding a gear and then the char is totally useless after a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played for the 1st time since May last year, no idea whats going on.

I did have good stuff now not so sure.

Doing the Underground Challenging mission yesterday, 3 phases / 3 nerfs. One guy dropped out 1/2 way through the first leg and the party leader was not very engaging. Basically me and the other guy two manned it till the end boss when the leader booted me. Just 'cos he was a dick!

Also getting the weekly cache for 4 characters is some slog. Got my 4th Barretts, 4th Hilder, 3rd Pahkan and 3rd Cassidy.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Doing the Underground Challenging mission yesterday, 3 phases / 3 nerfs. One guy dropped out 1/2 way through the first leg and the party leader was not very engaging. Basically me and the other guy two manned it till the end boss when the leader booted me. Just 'cos he was a dick!

Also getting the weekly cache for 4 characters is some slog. Got my 4th Barretts, 4th Hilder, 3rd Pahkan and 3rd Cassidy.

1.6 made the game better. Had some fun in the DZ last night with another Irish guy and 2 Germans. Manhunt all day and daily. I was playing the 4 piece tactician's heal + stickies very strong team build.

Likewise the strikers / nomad / Bullpup is huge fun, you definitely need the health per kill, you get from Nomads.

Finally the other gear-sets have become more useful, you can't just run around with Alpha min maxed, although that's still a viable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I bought this around Christmas but hadn't time to get into it because I have been playing other stuff and found this game a bit daunting.

Went back to try it last night and even just doing the missions, seems like a slog on your own.

Anyone recommend any groups or have any direction to anywhere that is noob friendly?

I'm on Xbone

Thanks

I'd generally solo through and join up with randoms for the main story missions (PSN). One thing I did find invaluable was the ballistic shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I thought these commendations were supposed to be retro-active?

I loaded up last night and I don't have half of what I should. Some are unlocking as I go but still missing a load of them.

Not that I'm surprised the game still doesn't work or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »

4 characters man bloody hell. That must be doing some damage to your liver.

True
    I had two characters initially and there was a bit of a gap between making the third & fourth so it wasn't so bad. The tough part was actually running all four to get the gear 4 X 10 missions and 4 x pvp missions per week were a killer.
    Then getting crappier rewards than I already had was the end for me.
    Fun while it lasted. Always remember doing the first challenging mission one Saturday. People were rage quitting all over but I stuck at it. It took me eight or nine freaking hours.

• Advertisement

This game still being played....lol

Advertisement