Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    This game still being played....lol

It'll always remain a good game, regardless of the state of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

This game consumed me for a while but the cheating on PC at the start...dear god I couldn't cope. Stopped playing and never got the bug to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Rob2D wrote: »
    It'll always remain a good game, regardless of the state of things.

Did it....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Survival is still good. Closest thing to a looter shooter on console ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Glebee

I really enjoyed the story missions, when I finished them I just never really went back. I though tit was brilliant at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I put a year of my life into this game..... it had the potential to be a fantastic IP but the constant changes to the loadouts to try and get PvP working got to me in the end. The last update was 1.6 I think I left straight after that they changed from armour to health which meant you had 're roll and get all new gear AGAIN that broke me :( I think they spent too much time on that then expanding the city, new missions instead of those hoard mode almost impossible incursions.

People gave out the dark zone all the time but it was called the DZ for a reason yeah you got ganked but that was the whole point of it. You were on edge all the time and that added to the atmosphere.

I still have love for this game just a bit sad with the wasted opportunity the city they built was amazing

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Glebee wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the story missions, when I finished them I just never really went back. I though tit was brilliant at the time.

?

but yeah I really enjoyed the story mission (four fkn times) I actually got a good bit out of it farming for exotic gear at one point maybe patches 1.4-1.5
    Overall this was one of the best value games I ever ended up buying

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I briefly enjoyed it, but hated the bullet sponge enemies.

Only winding yiz up....

I actually echo eco's view on the game, I absolutely adored this game I really did I played it non stop. I was ranked 99 in the DZ almost instantly I played it so much.....but alas they wrecked it constantly changing the meta over and over again.

The DZ was a super idea it really was just very badly implemented and the game had huge potential.

Update 1.8 Dark Zone
    Rogue 2.0
    Changes to the Rogue System are coming.
    Friendly fire is now off in the Dark Zone – no more accidental rogues.
    Rogue 2.0 will introduce a voluntary toggle for going Rogue

F***ing finally.

I've been suggesting something like this for a long time.

• Advertisement

Update 1.8 Dark Zone
    Rogue 2.0

F***ing finally.

So the Dark Zone is going what? Carebear friendly?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So the Dark Zone is going what? Carebear friendly?

It removes the need for you to be shot-up and half dead before you can start shooting back. It also helps avoid accidental rogue status.

Spear wrote: »
    It removes the need for you to be shot-up and half dead before you can start shooting back. It also helps avoid accidental rogue status.

Well wasn't that the point? Can't trust anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well wasn't that the point? Can't trust anyone?

That's still the case, they can still go rogue at a moments notice. You just don't half to be at half health before they gain rogue status and you can fire at them without wrongly triggering wrong status for yourself.

It'll be a massivve improvement. No more Rogue shields is huge. And you'll be able to fight without accidently going Rogue yourself.

There will be less Rogues now, but BETTER Rogues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Update 1.8 Dark Zone
    Rogue 2.0

F***ing finally.

Now why couldn't do this simple thing a year ago...:rolleyes: I used to hate it when there was a standoff everybody waiting to go rogue then one stray bullet you go on a 15 sec timer but the gankers didn't care you were now free game and down you go. Such a shame about this game.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Anyone get an invite for 1.8 PTS?

I thought about it but I can't be bothered downloading the whole game again. Did it once for the first PTS but IMO it's better to watch all the stuff on youtube.

I can't believe people still don't know how to run Clear Sky. And then they won't listen. People with scores high enough that they should know better.

It makes me so mad.

Installed this again on the Ps Pro for some reason. Got mugged in the DZ but should have known better. Just shoot everyone you see, Gim.
    Re-spawned and found myself somewhere I wouldn't have been, Killed a named NPC who dropped an MDR (didn't have one)
    Spent 20 minutes trying to extract it, most of it being hilariously tense. Turns out it's my favourite gun. Thank you random horrible stranger. :)
    Going to create a PvP character once and for all once 1.8 drops.

• Advertisement

Don't forget to save your weekly/exotic caches for 1.8, as they can drop the new exotics.

yeah thanks. Ran three weeklies in 2 days. Worst part is having to do 10 missions per character. Armhest's apartment again and again and again....
    Couldn't bring myself to run the fourth character through it.
    Haven't tried legendries but I reckon you'd need a pretty co-ordinated group to do them.

I really wish they've let HVT or Undergrounds missions count towards the weekly limit. But with 1.8 there is at least a proper Underground weekly coming. Far more palatable than running the same story missions countless times.

There's a new global event just after the 1.8 release, that'll provide a decent source of classifieds at least.

that ninjabike bag really opens up a load of viable load-outs. Actually hammers home that a lot of the 4th perks provided by Gear Sets aren't really worth the effort, much better off with two three sets and an exotic.

I've been trying to complete my six piece strikers, but I can't seem to get a break. I somehow have 4 Lone Star classified backpacks, but not a single classified drop for the two strikers I need.

Played about a day before I realised that classifieds are identified by a little file icon on the right hand side. I probably deleted a few. The drop rate's pretty low without a Global Event and I wasn't playing when the first one happened. Have 3 or 4 of them. Couple of DeadEyes, a Sentry and something else. The phoenix cap at 5000 is pretty low, how did we ever manage @ 2,000? Division Tech seems to be the stuff I'll need but won't have in 1.8

The caches will give DivTech in 1.8, and there's boxes of it around the West Side Pier in the same style as normal materials, so a lack of DivTech shouldn't be much of an impediment except upon immediate release.

Anything change of note lads, or is it still a broken pile of horse ****e!

Don't think I've played since the start of 1.5. Not much has changed to be honest. There seems to be a lot more build diversity if you have the ninjabike backpack but you have to grind through the same stuff as before to get there. I've heard there's delays getting into last stand as no-one's playing it. Next update is bringing a 4v4 TDM mode and opening a new area for a hoarde mode.
    I quite enjoyed it messing around with different builds and getting stuff together for the next update but only got back into it last Friday. In three hours in the dz I encountered 3 humans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

after experiencing the absolute clusterf&^k of a joke that was destiny 2 in terms of getting a game so wrong i have a much better appreciation of the division now, for all the trouble it kept people playing for 18 months. D2 hardly managed that in days

Advertisement