Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Anything change of note lads, or is it still a broken pile of horse ****e!

Underground gets a massive overhaul. Hunters will appear now, and they'll drop masks and exotics down there. Plus a weekly mission to cover these.

The LZ map will get its first expansion with the west side pier area, which has its own constant dynamic missions system, plus randomly spawning enemies.

I'm sure there'll be broken stuff, but at least it'll be new stuff being broken in new ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Spear wrote: »
    Underground gets a massive overhaul. Hunters will appear now, and they'll drop masks and exotics down there. Plus a weekly mission to cover these.

The LZ map will get its first expansion with the west side pier area, which has its own constant dynamic missions system, plus randomly spawning enemies.

I'm sure there'll be broken stuff, but at least it'll be new stuff being broken in new ways.

Are they changing the meta again? that's what broke me the last time :( loved the game but very update you nearly had to scrap all the gear you had and grind out new stuff.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I know the M4/LVOC is being nerfed and a lot of other guns are being buffed. Pretty significant nerf 8% damage reduction with the others increased by 5% (I think). I saw somewhere the DMG on the Showstopper is being increased by 30%, surely not? Think there are a couple of new gear sets.
    I had an Alpha-bridge (now Striker hybrid) DF3C , Dead Eye and High End character (now Tactician hybrid)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'll be leaning towards the new alphabridge 6 piece as the new must have. Instead of being able to trigger your signature ability yourself, it keeps randomly triggering one of them on a cycling constant basis.

Yeah the classified sets really interest me. What were the global events, were they hard, did it drop a lot of classifieds?
    The current 3% drop rate is ********

• Advertisement

The GEs aren't hard, but they're short lived so it can mean a lot of grinding. But it's still the most feasible way to gain classified items though.

That said, some of the play modifiers can be fun, such as the close range bonus on the last one.

I saw Likebutter or whatever he's called try soloing one and getting murdered. Once he got into it he cleared it pretty handily alright

Sounds like the last one Assault. You received a massive damage bonus when up close, but took massive damage at a distance. So it means changing your playstyle to suit it, possibly quite drastically.

People tended to just run Lexington Event Centre for that one, since it's very close in, and could be run through in a bit under 10 minutes a run, even solo.

It injected some welcome novelty into stale content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'm really looking forward to 1.8. Finally something new to do in the world. They did such amazing world building and then let it all go to waste.

I saved up about 30 exotic caches a month ago and haven't been on since. But I should probably get back to finishing my 100 last stand matches before it dies completely.

I have 3 exotic caches :( , should get a fair few before 1.8. Just finished chasing 50 LMB kills in the DZ. Used to hate that one as I think the best place is DZ 8 and 9 where a lot of them are elite but they're much more squishy than I remember.

Encountered 6-7 people none hostile.

• Advertisement

One other note in the run-up to the next GE. Save up your HVT intel, and don't do the weekly HVT's for the week of the GE beginning. Then when the GE starts you can do the HVTs then and earn thousands of GE credits from them.

On the other hand, since GE credits carry over a max of 10000 between GE's, you can also just farm the credits at the end if you've gotten your classified sets done in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Might DL it all again.....see how the land lies with 1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is update 1.8 live, im still on 1.7.1 but have not played in a few months.

No, not yet. But pretty soon. They've officially said early December, and since they patch on a Tuesday usually, that means the 5th or 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

GE credits carry over a max of 10000 between GE's

Yup. Got my 10K waiting. Come oooooon NOMAD:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I've tried this game so many times but just seem to get over whelmed with it.

Is it better to play with a team? I just seem to get no where and get bored and go back to something else.

It's always better in a group. Solo Darkzone can be particularly painful but I even quite enjoy that when I have something that needs completion.
    I got into it pretty quick as I really enjoyed the campaign, slowly ranking up and getting gradually more powerful. Campaign can be difficult enough but a ballistic shield always helps.
    After you get to level 30 you need a reasonable understanding of how to improve your character and what you need to be doing to get there.

1.8 is officially next week. They didn't give the exact day, but said it would their usual patch day, which would still mean Tuesday. Odd that they kinda danced around naming the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

1.8 is officially next week. They didn't give the exact day, but said it would their usual patch day, which would still mean Tuesday. Odd that they kinda danced around naming the day.

was thinking of giving this a look again but everything seems to come out at once this time of the year, Rainbow 6 DLC, Destiny DLC, and then PUBG the following week. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

going to redownload this........ Had fun when it first came out, but stopped playing after a couple of months and then returned to it last christmas for a month or so, will give it another go next week..

• Advertisement

Extracted a classified gear item from the DZ, the joy. Got by unscathed but just as I extracted a 2 man team ran in. There was fierce tension but no-one engaged, so I assume they had something they really wanted to get out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Or they were pussys!

sometimes it's enough just to look like you're tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Played this for the first time in a good while last night, also first game of last stand.
    Actually somewhat enjoyable.

Joined up with a random Saturday and yesterday completed my first legendary mission and incursion. God I want that 6 piece reclaimer build. :D 9 weekly and exotic caches ready for 1.8
    Also had my first real go at Survival, got into the DZ, picked up loot from a dead player, crafted a high end ACR, called in Chopper. Got frigging destroyed by the hunter. Still was great experience. Tried a few more times but got nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any ps4 players here ? Myself and a friend are looking to get back into this, we are on most nights.
    If you put your tag up I'll add you.
    Mine is the same as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Back to the Division I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What are the main headline points for this patch? I really enjoyed this when it first came out but just fell away from it.

• Advertisement

Full patch notes are on reddit but can't seem to access the link from work.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Division/? There were a lot of errors on this last night in that a lot of the changes were updated in the PTS but had not been here.

What caught my interest was new classified gear sets. Of these Alphabridge and DFNC seem very strong. Not sure about the others as they seem to have possibly some "meh" 6 set perks or ones that do more harm than good. Alphabridge strong in PvE only.

The optimisation table so you can min/max your gear.

Changes to Underground seem interesting. I'm really hoping this can be farmed to get the old classified gear sets as I really want the reclaimer.

M4/MP5 and MP7 all nerfed but still quite strong.

Grenade cooldown increased and turrets nerfed, more PvP things.

New exotics with the SMG particularly strong

Advertisement