Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Naughto I'd appreciate it if you could send me your beta code I'm on ps4. Thanks!

• naughto wrote: »
    Have a code for the beta if any one wants it.

Me if it's still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

For the Xbox

• naughto wrote: »
    For the Xbox

Yep X1 here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone spotted any weapon camo on guns of team mates or other players yet?

I've got some but it's either not rendering or is real faint (or too close to the default), will have to try it on another weapon to see which.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great laugh there with Borderfox, Dreadaxe and Wes. Lot of time in the Dark zone wrecking shop, did a few missions, got some nice loot. I prefer going solo in games but with this id be more inclined to only play if i saw a few people on, so much better in a squad.

It was good craic, I archived all 7 hours of the stream.

My twitch channel is http://www.twitch.tv/bordorfox you can watch the stream archive there, will be streaming again tonight.

Some odd reason twitch is not updating the stream names from ps4 so it says far cry ps4 which is wrong, direct archive link is:

http://www.twitch.tv/bordorfox/v/38455044

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What exactly is there to do in the Dark Zone? A group of us were messing about in it, killing people and surviving the manhunt (which is annoying cause the timer resets whenever you shoot somebody, even if they shoot you first). But there doesn't seem to be anything else to do. Couldn't find any missions in it.

Also, what's the point of the landmarks, can you do anything there?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Benzino wrote: »
    What exactly is there to do in the Dark Zone? A group of us were messing about in it, killing people and surviving the manhunt (which is annoying cause the timer resets whenever you shoot somebody, even if they shoot you first). But there doesn't seem to be anything else to do. Couldn't find any missions in it.

Also, what's the point of the landmarks, can you do anything there?

You get loot from killing the high level AI enemies or opening chests, then you have to extract it. You can also take other player's loot by killing them and then extracting it. If you see someone with the yellow bag on their back that means they have stuff to steal. If you attack someone without provocation though you go rogue and everyone can see you and kill you without going rogue themselves. It's a lot of fun.

It seems you have to do a certain amount of damage though to go rogue, so people are trolling folks by shooting them once and the person they shot ends up going rogue because they fire back.

If you get your rogue level high and manage to survive until the timer runs out you get a lot of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You get loot from killing the high level AI enemies or opening chests, then you have to extract it. You can also take other player's loot by killing them and then extracting it. If you see someone with the yellow bag on their back that means they have stuff to steal. If you attack someone without provocation though you go rogue and everyone can see you and kill you without going rogue themselves. It's a lot of fun.

It seems you have to do a certain amount of damage though to go rogue, so people are trolling folks by shooting them once and the person they shot ends up going rogue because they fire back.

If you get your rogue level high and manage to survive until the timer runs out you get a lot of points.

Yeah, we did all of the above and to be honest it didn't take long before it got a bit boring. Dunno what I was expecting, but thought there would be more to do.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, we did all of the above and to be honest it didn't take long before it got a bit boring. Dunno what I was expecting, but thought there would be more to do.

I can't see it having too much longevity but I'm hoping it's not like the Destiny beta and we're actually only seeing a tiny snippet of what's on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A couple of pics from the game. I think it looks class altogether, i don't care how it looked 3 years ago. The lighting is really impressive and the blizzard is excellent.

Trolling some poor fool at a DC extraction point
    12658025_1145587212125711_9076737443975910102_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

12615773_1145587225459043_1188630011620971567_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Dreadaxe not impressed
    12525352_1145587208792378_1315709711680064379_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

12622506_1145587218792377_7841115697767448760_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Thinking about this and I don't know if it'll be a purchase at all. If it had a more in depth single player, then it would definitely be, but it feels far too much like it'll just descend to arena combat completely. In the beta, which was the first mission in the first section, you encountered.. Around 4 instances of hide, shoot, "more enemies incoming", hide, shoot, " more enemies incoming ", hide, shoot.

To me, that would just get boring.

Also seems like we've got another Dead Island scenario, where we are given a really emotional and well done launch trailer, but a game that doesn't reflect this whatsoever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If anyone has a spare ps4 code could they send it on, still nothing from Amazon and on waiting list with UbiSoft. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 high level rogues killed a lot of people, a lot of people grouped up.....

12513679_1009407785765341_5243243652795535551_o.jpg

Game isnt doing anything for me, there just doesnt seem to be a point to it.

Go to Dark zone.....collect loot....extract loot....go to Dark Zone....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dreamers75 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

The dark zone is not the only thing in the game, it's just the pvp section, it's not cod or battlefield, it closer resembles destiny more than anything, it's a team based rpg that will operate social type hubs where you can loot, buy,sell, build from blueprints. Personally I think the dark zone will be ok every now and then to mess around in but I would stay mostly outside it doing missions co-op with friends where division does decent. As was mentioned, if you don't like co-op and a lone gunner, this is not the game for you. The best thing about the division is its potential to expand, new streets, new cities even. There was some issues with the beta like wrong dialogs, clipping, getting stuck on objects etc but all in all its been a pretty stable beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was watching some streams and stuff about it on youtube, looks nice but just seems like one of those typical ubisoft go do repeatable side missions around a map, the world seem's very small given the size of the beta area and it's sort of corridor like design and not many buildings you can enter, hmm i dunno im on the fence. Are story missions with friends meant to be the equivalent of a dungeon or some **** ? cause it just doesnt look like there is much to do i mean it looks fun enough but not sure it would my attention for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Personally I think the dark zone will be ok every now and then to mess around in but I would stay mostly outside it doing missions co-op with friends where division does decent. .

As if simply doing missions, whether single player or coop, isn't going to get old very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

So with a few hours done between yesterday and today, this has moved away from being a day 1 purchase for me. While I initially liked it, it seems to be a very repetitive cycle of go to area, take cover, kill waves of enemies, loot random box for beanie hat etc.

I'm not sure how they will mix things up in the release version of it but after 5 hours on the beta, I feel like I've experienced 90% of the game already.

• Advertisement

SharpCoder wrote: »
    The dark zone is not the only thing in the game, it's just the pvp section, it's not cod or battlefield, it closer resembles destiny more than anything, it's a team based rpg that will operate social type hubs where you can loot, buy,sell, build from blueprints. Personally I think the dark zone will be ok every now and then to mess around in but I would stay mostly outside it doing missions co-op with friends where division does decent. As was mentioned, if you don't like co-op and a lone gunner, this is not the game for you. The best thing about the division is its potential to expand, new streets, new cities even. There was some issues with the beta like wrong dialogs, clipping, getting stuck on objects etc but all in all its been a pretty stable beta.

Destiny isnt very good either tho. Borderlands did this better but Borderlands knew it was best to have a build up to an ending.

I just dont see how peoples interest will be kept in the Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Deep Six wrote: »
    So with a few hours done between yesterday and today, this has moved away from being a day 1 purchase for me. While I initially liked it, it seems to be a very repetitive cycle of go to area, take cover, kill waves of enemies, loot random box for beanie hat etc.

I'm not sure how they will mix things up in the release version of it but after 5 hours on the beta, I feel like I've experienced 90% of the game already.

Exactly and the Destiny beta was 90% of the finished game.

This is going to be like Battlefront, very little content up front and loads of DLC to fill it out.

Hoping the new Ghost Recon offers more and no bullet sponging gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I just dont see how peoples interest will be kept in the Division.

Ubi are going to have weekly raids and challanges just like Destiny to keep people playing and grinding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Exactly and the Destiny beta was 90% of the finished game.

This is going to be like Battlefront, very little content up front and loads of DLC to fill it out.

Hoping the new Ghost Recon offers more
    and no bullet sponging gameplay.

I get the feeling there's not much more to this game than what's on the beta, apart from the closed off areas and locked out portions of the base. Even in freeroam squads, it just seems to be kill 4 or 5 enemies, loot open house, try on new hat/jacket. I had high hopes for this but the beta has really put a dampener on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I managed to spend some hours on this earlier with my brother in co-op. I really like it... I feel dirty saying that, but there is something to the game that is quite appealing. The sound effects are great, the combat is good, the atmosphere is excellent and the UI is intuitive and delightful. My brother hates UbiSoft with a vengeance, but he said this could be a 'Day One' purchase for him. I reckon I enjoyed it a lot more playing it with him though, maybe as a single-player game it might be a little lonely/disappointing.

Here are some screenshots on maximum settings on PC. (AMD R9 390X):

376366.jpg

376367.jpg

If they aren't loading I have put them up here too: Screenshots

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Falthyron wrote: »
    I managed to spend some hours on this earlier with my brother in co-op. I really like it... I feel dirty saying that, but there is something to the game that is quite appealing. The sound effects are great, the combat is good, the atmosphere is excellent and the UI is intuitive and delightful. My brother hates UbiSoft with a vengeance, but he said this could be a 'Day One' purchase for him. I reckon I enjoyed it a lot more playing it with him though, maybe as a single-player game it might be a little lonely/disappointing.

Here are some screenshots on maximum settings on PC. (AMD R9 390X):

376366.jpg

376367.jpg

If they aren't loading I have put them up here too: Screenshots

That looks great.

I've ordered the Gold edition on disk with the £10 voucher on Amazon last week.

I'm very wary of Ubisoft after Watch Dogs and Unity so said I'd get the disc version(first physical game I've bought since Destiny at launch) and trade it in and sell the code if it dosent turn out to not be for me.

I do love Destiny and had some of my best gaming in years on that with a lot of the guys who all play it regularly. I believe The Division will be very similar and to get the most out of the game you will need to play with a full squad of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It seems there is pretty much no incentive to get this "Day One" really so.

I'm gonna wait till 2 months after launch and see what the lay of the land is like then.

It could very well be short like Vanilla Destiny and/or have a very weak community hamstrung by DLC like Evolve.

Not too impressed with what I've read here so far which is a pity cause I would have like a Destiny Alternative

It's not so much a destiny alternative, but more a destiny clone.

It really is unbelievably disappointing.

So I innocently stole a team mates Magnum.

Is it possible to shae weapons? Think this would be a must have feature.

• Advertisement

So I innocently stole a team mates Magnum.

Is it possible to shae weapons? Think this would be a must have feature.

Advertisement