Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Time to download The Division on my PC again...getting back to the grind. Loved this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Would you be better if just deleting all your gear and starting over ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was looking forward to this patch to give the game one last try to keep me coming back.
    All seems a bit meh to me once again.
    The resistance horde mode is a poor mans cod zombies which isn't saying much tbh.
    The underground plays and feels the same as before apart from new directives and the odd hunter showing up which make no difference to gameplay at all really.
    Ive no interest in a TDM pvp mode either.
    Nothing here to keep me playing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is the underground dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is the underground dlc?

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is the underground dlc?

And it's free to try from the 7th to the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Had a quick go at it, the piers are a bit mad, just endless mobs, mostly shotgun and grenade **** from what I came up against. Couldn't move more than ten feet before another 7 or 8 appeared.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I didn't get any new exotics from my caches, but I got an urban MDR which isn't a bad find in general, and in particular since I've been trying marksmen rifles recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Had a quick go at it, the piers are a bit mad, just endless mobs, mostly shotgun and grenade **** from what I came up against. Couldn't move more than ten feet before another 7 or 8 appeared.

lol, well it is a wave mode after all :P

Spear wrote: »
    I didn't get any new exotics from my caches, but I got an urban MDR which isn't a bad find in general, and in particular since I've been trying marksmen rifles recently.

Opened 3 weeklies and 2 exotics - 2 ninjabike back backs, a barrets and 2 kneepads. Still saw on Reddit one guy wanted the new House SMG, 40 caches & no joy.
    Spent all my division tech upgrading my MDR and old backpack.
    Didn't realise the gear score had changed. New cap 286. This is going to consume me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

lol, well it is a wave mode after all :P
    I expected it to be a specific mode though, rather than on the way to a side mission that I never got to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

9 hours to update. Surely that can't be right?

weiland79 wrote: »
    9 hours to update. Surely that can't be right?

PSN. It was only 9 gigs, got stuck on 43 minutes. Did the old pause and resume trick and it went out to six hours. It was all over the place. Took about an hour in the end.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I expected it to be a specific mode though, rather than on the way to a side mission that I never got to.

I get ya. I thought you playing the mode that is located there. I too went for a ramble through the area and yes it is basically all the crews working together against you so plenty of hostility aimed at us :p

I need division tech, I was under the impression it would be abundant in the West Pier but haven't seen any. Tbh I'm just be grinding through 40 missions during the week and will have a good look around over the weekend.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I need division tech, I was under the impression it would be abundant in the West Pier but haven't seen any. Tbh I'm just be grinding through 40 missions during the week and will have a good look around over the weekend.

They've changed it. The crates of it, in the style of the other materials are gone. Instead there's some in the WSP caches, and you receive it for dismantling exotics (100% chance) and the high end items (25% chance).

You get a fair bit from weekly and exotic caches but I spent hundreds (400?) just upgrading two items, may need to start living in the DZ

you don't get div tech from weekly caches exotics only

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there is a lot of it in the Dark Zone at specific points in chests. I haven't been in the DZ in years so I don't know if that has changed.

You also get division tech for opening crates that you receive as a reward for leveling up and completing waves in the new resistance mode. There are also Division tech cases in the wave mode. You'll find them in certain spots during the action.

It might be rewarded in other places too but I am only back playing it a day so I am still catching up on what is new.

yeah you pick it up from cases in the DZ and the odd NPC drops it but it's like 1 piece at a go. You can get 3-5 from gold caches and 1-3 from purple ones that you pick up out of crates but you have to extract them, which is never guaranteed.
    Really need to find a good farming technique or this is all I'm going to be doing. Resistance might be the way to go.

So it's usually 1 divtech from a WSP cache, and 3 from doing a WSP alert. They can be done simultaneously at least, but it's still a slow rate of gain.

I've a silly amount of crafting materials built up, so it's feasible in the short term to craft high ends and then dismantle them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very tempted to get this again (3rd time buying it) in Argos for 13 euro. I had bought Survival when I had it last but don't think I even tried it.

Survival's a strange one. I'm not sure I like it. I tried it several times months ago and it never clicked. Then this weekend on one run everything went right (up to a point). I really enjoyed it but after over an hour I had nothing to really show for it.
    When it works it works really well but there's no real reason to play it again and again as the loot drops aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Division veterans, where is the best place to start with this new patch. I played at launch to 30 and little bit after. Opening up the game now and I'm hit with what seem like lots of new in game currency that make no sense to me. Also game world levels??
    Slight side note to this patch but is any of the dlc worth getting? Survival sounds interesting

Stuff drops from a lot more activities than before. Game World Level 5 drops better gear but I've never played on the lower levels on purpose. Getting to the gear level cap of 256 pre-1.8 should be pretty easy. All my characters were 275+ and I hadn't played in months.

My main focus is to do the weekly bounties. then muck about in the DZ and Underground over the weekend. The goal is to min max a particular classified set. Probably AlphaBridge or Reclaimer but the classified drops are low now until the Global Event starts (never done one). Oh and grinding for Division Tech

If you enjoyed the Division before getting burned out I'd definitely recommend the DLC. It opens up a lot of activities.

It's down to 12 euro in Argos now, gonna pick it up today, I think i was level 27 and hadn't finished the main story yet, got a bit burned out but the Survival and the Christmas setting should help me get back into it :)

On my way into work this morning I did have my eye out for any barrels I could set alight to recover from the biting cold. If survival has taught me anything it's that fire is good.

End game really only kicks in at level 30 but it's grindy kind of end game.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's down to 12 euro in Argos now, gonna pick it up today, I think i was level 27 and hadn't finished the main story yet, got a bit burned out but the Survival and the Christmas setting should help me get back into it :)
    It's €4.97 in Gamestop new. For Xbox One.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox One/Games/45033/tom-clancys-the-division

I'm on the far superior ;) PS4 and they don't have it listed. GS store is beside argos so will pop in there first and check. Thanks for the heads up.

Ah GS were selling it 2nd hand for 18, feck that, got it in Argos. Looking forward to finally completing it (3rd time lucky).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Was folloelwing this thread recently and wanted to get back in to the game. All loaded up and im playing

Wow i fotgot everything, my GS is only 200 which needs improving. Any links or advice on a returning player on hoe to get back in. Havent plsyed any of thr dlc or the likes..
    Thought it was brilliant when i first got it, think the end game threw me off. Whats changed?

Still looks brilliant though

Advertisement