Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/wiki/update_15_summary

4 weekly bounties. First two were exotic gloves. Nearly gave up there and then.

Spent an hour trying to solo extract an exotic in the dz yesterday, purposely didn't look at it because if was the house my head would have been wrecked. Ran all over DZ 9 and into manhunts. Finally got it out in DZ6. Was a cadeuceus, 3 minutes later I was mugged by a two man team. 3 minutes too late sukerz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think, and I could be wrong, one of the first things to do is get to world tier 5 and then that's when you start getting the best drops. I did some daily quests and missions and killed a few named enemies and this for my gear score up enough to open world tier 5. Wil start doing dailies on that now and see if I can gradually improve my gear. Forgot how fun this game can be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

It's funny how a game can suddenly appeal to you. This has been sitting on the shelf for a year after being unimpressed when i first bought it.

Theres been so much chatter about it this past week that i made myself sit down and give it a proper go.

Great fun I've found myself a lovely little MP3 thats shredding enemies at close range.

Only lvl 17 atm so if anyone is looking to squad up and level up gimme a shout. PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think, and I could be wrong, one of the first things to do is get to world tier 5 and then that's when you start getting the best drops. I did some daily quests and missions and killed a few named enemies and this for my gear score up enough to open world tier 5. Wil start doing dailies on that now and see if I can gradually improve my gear. Forgot how fun this game can be

We move between all Tiers. Frequently playing tier 1 wave mode and going for at least wave 25 gives us Tier 1-3 drops which are really good.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any ps4 players here ? Myself and a friend are looking to get back into this, we are on most nights.
    If you put your tag up I'll add you.
    Mine is the same as here.

gimli2112

• Advertisement

We move between all Tiers. Frequently playing tier 1 wave mode and going for at least wave 25 gives us Tier 1-3 drops which are really good.

Good idea. Didn't know you could do that. Is that the new resistance mode? Will those drops be good enough to use in 'normal' mission modes on tier 5?

played in a good group earlier in the dz so much different than solo, you just steamroll everything.4 classifieds 3 exotics and a load of div tech

Good idea. Didn't know you could do that. Is that the new resistance mode? Will those drops be good enough to use in 'normal' mission modes on tier 5?

Its the new resistance mode. Try the carriers wave mode section.
    Yes. The drops will be just about good enough for Tier 5. Its what my current gearset is comprised of.

So far my best gun for PvE is the M700 tactical sniper rifle with +171% headshot damage. It melts elites.

Talking to the guys who are (quite literally) dragging me through the end game content. Whinging actually about how the MDR doesn't unlock the 4th gun perk in Alphabridge. No exotic does they tell me. Uhm yeah the Bullfrog does. No Gim it used to when it was the Famas. Uh it does. It doesn't. One of the lads equips it. He's right you know.
    Little victories
    Doesn't make up for the fact I can't use the MDR in AB. Still well on the way to a reclaimer 6 piece (have 4) which I think will be my main build.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the MDR with a 6 piece sentry's call. It may prove amusing, since you can hip shoot enemy heads and stack up the bonuses real quick on them.

On a different note, I haven't seen this mentioned, but I'm sure someone else must realise this by now: the Damascus pistol is an exotic GS 163, so craft them and dismantle them for a guaranteed divtech piece per item.

• Advertisement

I don't have a 6 piece set at present. I have 4 reclaimer, 2 Deadeye, 2 Striker and a few single pieces. Classified sets are hard to come by running solo. I need to get into underground a bit more. Played a bit on Sunday with randoms. Team of 4 of us got wiped twice by Hunters. Finally beat them in a group of 3. Cue fist pumping emotes all round
    Can you play with someone if they haven't reached level 30? Was trying to join up with someone yesterday but couldn't. Thought it may have been as they were in World 1 but that didn't appear to be it. As all my characters are fully maxed thought it might by that.
    Nice tip on the Damascus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Alright gents?

returned to this over the weekend after hearing good things, and I have to say, hats off to them, it really seems to have come a long way. I had stopped playing just when the first incursion launched, so missed a ton of content and am feeling a bit lost. I did the daily missions, started my first run of the underground but couldn't solo the last boss in the nightclub type area. I also played one match of the Last man standing mode. The drops from these were enough to bring my gear score up to where I could increase the world tier to 2 and do a challenging mission (the tunnel one, which whilst hard was tremendous fun).

I have a few questions:

- The caches (supply boxes?) that you get for ranking up and completing challenges - should I open these immediately or save them all till I'm higher level?
    - Does PVP take your gear score into account? found it hard enough to kill fellas in last man standing but that could just be that I'm still shaking off the rust
    - Green gear sets - I got a Nomad chestpiece and also a reclaimer one, the Nomad looks like it has better perks , but it drops my damage output significantly - how much of an issue is this (I'm finding it hard to quantify and the numbers are huge and its difficult to determine just how much of a hit I'm taking)
    -Supply drops - Is it possibel to take these on solo? anyone I came to last night seemed to be guarded by enemies with mortars or something - they'd spot me from miles away and just start raining shells on me, I was so busing rolling around the place avoiding that, it was almost impossible to put any damage on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Alright gents?

returned to this over the weekend after hearing good things, and I have to say, hats off to them, it really seems to have come a long way. I had stopped playing just when the first incursion launched, so missed a ton of content and am feeling a bit lost. I did the daily missions, started my first run of the underground but couldn't solo the last boss in the nightclub type area. I also played one match of the Last man standing mode. The drops from these were enough to bring my gear score up to where I could increase the world tier to 2 and do a challenging mission (the tunnel one, which whilst hard was tremendous fun).

I have a few questions:

- The caches (supply boxes?) that you get for ranking up and completing challenges - should I open these immediately or save them all till I'm higher level?
    - Does PVP take your gear score into account? found it hard enough to kill fellas in last man standing but that could just be that I'm still shaking off the rust
    - Green gear sets - I got a Nomad chestpiece and also a reclaimer one, the Nomad looks like it has better perks , but it drops my damage output significantly - how much of an issue is this (I'm finding it hard to quantify and the numbers are huge and its difficult to determine just how much of a hit I'm taking)
    -Supply drops - Is it possibel to take these on solo? anyone I came to last night seemed to be guarded by enemies with mortars or something - they'd spot me from miles away and just start raining shells on me, I was so busing rolling around the place avoiding that, it was almost impossible to put any damage on them.
    Supply drops are grand to solo, I find there's usually some elevated vantage point nearby that can be used to pick each enemy off if you don't fancy getting up close and possibly rushed by them. Sniper or Marksman rifle is your friend here.

Might need some dodging of grenades til you kill them, but easy enough done.

I'd open the caches now. If they're only regular progression caches they are abundant and your focus now should be to max your GS. Weekly or exotic caches I'd hold onto until you're at least 256, just to be sure to be sure.

PVP is standardised so your GS is not taken into account. You'll still be murdered, good luck.

Trying to make the perfect build can be infuriating. I put on a piece and my firearms will reduce locking a gun perk. There's always something amiss. Find a gear set you like and fits your playstyle and concentrate on that. There's loads of videos online how to optimise them but you need to do a fair bit of research. A good solo set for PvE is DFNC3 it's just not very good in PvP.

If you mean supply drops in the Dark Zone you can do them solo. Would be hard if you're low level. Maybe flash-bang the mob, run in extract and run off? I can solo them fine in World Level 5 as long as I'm not ganked by real peoples. In a team you'd get several in one go but solo I'm pushed to get one

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd open the caches now. If they're only regular progression caches they are abundant and your focus now should be to max your GS. Weekly or exotic caches I'd hold onto until you're at least 256, just to be sure to be sure.

PVP is standardised so your GS is not taken into account. You'll still be murdered, good luck.

Trying to make the perfect build can be infuriating. I put on a piece and my firearms will reduce locking a gun perk. There's always something amiss. Find a gear set you like and fits your playstyle and concentrate on that. There's loads of videos online how to optimise them but you need to do a fair bit of research.

If you mean supply drops in the Dark Zone you can do them solo. Would be hard if you're low level. Maybe flash-bang the mob, run in extract and run off? I can solo them fine in World Level 5 as long as I'm not ganked by real peoples. In a team you'd get several in one go but solo I'm pushed to get one

Cheers for the tips lads.

when I say supply drops, i mean the ones in the world outside the dark zone, the ones that ISAC mentions as soon as you spawn into the game world?

I have to say, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I am, I put about 50 hours into it at launch but dropped off it pretty hard. looking at it now, its rewarding in all the ways Destiny 2 is not.

I think my best course of action might be just to play it away and hit activities as I see fit. for some reason even dipping off the beaten path to collect cellphones and survival guides doesnt seem as tedious as it did previously, plus I'm actually being rewarded for doing it by virtue of the field proficiency reward.

Ah ok they drop once a month twice if you have the season pass. They'll give you a green Gear Set piece, some phoenix credits and a couple of pieces of high end gear. Sniper is your best bet or equip a shield as I always found this useful when outmatched in PvE . I'm gloriously overpowered for them at this stage and they don't present a problem but they are tough enough at lower levels.

Every time I started a new character I was surprised by how hard the game is. Once you optimise your build some of the activities become much much easier.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah ok they drop once a month twice if you have the season pass. They'll give you a green Gear Set piece, some phoenix credits and a couple of pieces of high end gear. Sniper is your best bet or equip a shield as I always found this useful when outmatched in PvE . I'm gloriously overpowered for them at this stage and they don't present a problem but they are tough enough at lower levels.

Every time I started a new character I was surprised by how hard the game is. Once you optimise your build some of the activities become much much easier.

are they the 'world events' thats mentioned?

sorry for all the noob questions!

The Global Events are special events. I wasn't around for the first one but the next one is due to start tomorrow. I think they are regular mission with modifiers the reward with classified gear. I'm giddy with excitement for it to start.

Classified gear is a green Gear piece that has a folder in the right hand side of the icon. You want trust me.

Actually - one final question - is loot shared now? as in, i know you can drop items for other players to pick up, but just say an enemy drops an item - is that loot only visible to me, or can anyone in the group swoop in and take it?

If you are in a group and kill a named NPC you have a small chance it will drop an exotic or classified Gear. It only drops for you although you can pick it up and give it to someone in your group if you want.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the tips lads.

when I say supply drops, i mean the ones in the world outside the dark zone, the ones that ISAC mentions as soon as you spawn into the game world?

I have to say, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I am, I put about 50 hours into it at launch but dropped off it pretty hard. looking at it now, its rewarding in all the ways Destiny 2 is not.

I think my best course of action might be just to play it away and hit activities as I see fit. for some reason even dipping off the beaten path to collect cellphones and survival guides doesnt seem as tedious as it did previously, plus I'm actually being rewarded for doing it by virtue of the field proficiency reward.
    I left the game at the same time you did. I've been back a week now and I am loving it. Do you have the season pass?

What's your current gear score?
    There is a world tier system 1-5. Which one are you mostly playing on?

There is so much to do. Was thinking I'd be burned out as I'm pretty much no lifeing it the past two weeks but am sitting in work thinking I'll play Resistance tonight, no Underground I need to play Underground, unless the guys are on for a DZ farming run, the Global Event is on tomorrow, I need to get the weekly challenges started tomorrow........

I left the game at the same time you did. I've been back a week now and I am loving it. Do you have the season pass?

What's your current gear score?
    There is a world tier system 1-5. Which one are you mostly playing on?

Gear score is (I think) 180, I moved up to the second world tier last night and did the daily mission on challenging.

Global Event modifiers
    Enemies explode on death
    Player to player explosion damage (?)
    Incoming damage fills a bar when full causes you to explode and stagger. This will be a head-wrecker against Hunters.

Make sure you buy the superior GE caches. Think the best way to get GE credits will be challenging missions. Also saw HVT missions mentioned. Going to farm the hell out of this.

Did maybe an hour and a half on underground yesterday on an alt character. Ranked up from 5 to 15 and got 2 exotics from the ten caches. Load of high end and GS gear but no classifieds. Got wiped by Hunters in the daily hard but on the challenging mission took them down (absolutely epic battle I think everyone died at least once) and got an exotic from it. 3 exotics in that time is good going but not sure if just RNG or Underground

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is the DLC any good? Reinstalled it last night, and noticed there are two DLC's in the season pass. Wondering if it's worth picking it up as it's pretty cheap.

I'd definitely pick up the DLC as otherwise you are going to be locked out of things like Underground. I got the season pass at launch so am not sure what's paid for and what's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Glebee

Played last night for the first time in a while. Have completed the original campaign and loved it but then sort of gave up on it originally after Underground DLC. Cant remember a thing about fitouts and weapons, etc. Is there any single player campaign content added.

No singleplayer content added. Once you complete the story you're in the open world looter shooter environment. There was a new hoarde game mode added in 1.8 and an area to play it in and a new TDM PvP game mode.
    Builds have changed a lot since you last played as they have added classified gear sets which give extra perks and reworked the ninjabike back pack which opens up a load of builds.

Played a bit last night with a few of the lads and got my gear score from 180 up to 244 by running the horde mode, its pretty intense in comparison to something like gears of war, theres only a matter of a few seconds downtime between waves and it moves along at a fairly rapid pace. The lads were explaining the skills and perks to me so I'm starting to see how you can use different bonuses to compliment each other.

have a few nomad pieces and a few miscellaneous others now, so I can see a build starting to take shape. Global event starts today so looking forward to seeing what that's all about as well.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Is the DLC any good? Reinstalled it last night, and noticed there are two DLC's in the season pass. Wondering if it's worth picking it up as it's pretty cheap.

The season pass is on sale at the moment too. Picked it up the other day myself. Haven't played much of that content yet. Played almost 30 waves of resistance last night, was so much fun and got soooo much loot.

To the better informed here should I be prioritising weapons that have higher damage or higher gear score?

Advertisement