Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The season pass is on sale at the moment too. Picked it up the other day myself. Haven't played much of that content yet. Played almost 30 waves of resistance last night, was so much fun and got soooo much loot.

To the better informed here should I be prioritising weapons that have higher damage or higher gear score?

what you really want to watch for on weapons are the perks. Something like responsive I want on all my smgs and even ARs. Destructive is very good in PvE but next to worthless in PvP. Lots of people look for competent which increases damage when you use a skill. They are generally mentioned in any build tutorials as in what's good for a particular build.
    I'd generally prioritise GS over damage until I hit the cap but I'm not sure what the cap is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

gimli2112 wrote: »
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The season pass is on sale at the moment too. Picked it up the other day myself. Haven't played much of that content yet. Played almost 30 waves of resistance last night, was so much fun and got soooo much loot.

To the better informed here should I be prioritising weapons that have higher damage or higher gear score?

what you really want to watch for on weapons are the perks. Something like responsive I want on all my smgs and even ARs. Destructive is very good in PvE but next to worthless in PvP. Lots of people look for competent which increases damage when you use a skill. They are generally mentioned in any build tutorials as in what's good for a particular build.
    I'd generally prioritise GS over damage until I hit the cap but I'm not sure what the cap is now.

Thanks for the info. I have no clue about builds at all. They seem so complicated when I try look them up. I don't even know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Great video my MarcoStyle explaining how to get the most damage out of your weapon.

Marcostyle is one of the better youtubers, really informative

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Marcostyle is one of the better youtubers, really informative

I love his math. He's taken over Wobos job of making weapon damage vids for each update too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Being following him since he was doing pre release vids on The Division back in 2013. He's the go to YouTuber for the game imo. He easy to listen to and his build videos are good.

Just got the House and the Tommy Gun. Drops from GE superior caches are insane.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Your just lucky , friend of mine got feck all from 13 caches this evening.

I'll take it, not bad rolls on the house either for pve. Destructive and fierce, probably roll fierce out for responsive. I'm shattered and willing myself not to go back to it.

Another newbie here...

So I bought the game and season pass a couple of days ago, and got a load of rewards for that. I've visited the rewards vendor in the base of operations so I know how to claim the rewards.

All the rewards are at level four though (besides the vanity items), and I'm wondering is that because that's just because I was level four when I visited; if I had visited at level 10, would the items be at that level?

• Advertisement

I've never got anything decent from that rewards guy. I used to visit him now and then in the folorn hope he'd have something useful. Just ignore him you'll get better stuff from elsewhere.
    I wouldn't buy anything as you level up, you'll get drops and rewards that you can use to upgrade your character along the way. It's only when you get to level 30 you need to really look at this. I keep banging on about this but the game can be pretty tough going through the story. I found the ballistic shield really useful when I was underpowered.

Dcully wrote: »
    Your just lucky , friend of mine got feck all from 13 caches this evening.

Just looking on Reddit and it seems I was lucky, opened 3 last night and got 2 exotics and 4 classifieds. Opened one this morning and got 2 classifieds but the next one had nothing. Checked on Reddit and this tale of woe is being retold over and over. I thought they were guaranteed drops.

Still the House is awesome. Got the Alejandro the other day and it's now my favourite LMG, also have a new exotic sniper that I haven't tried yet. Grinding works :)

I wouldn't buy anything as you level up, you'll get drops and rewards that you can use to upgrade your character along the way.
    Would that also include crafting?

Also, am I better selling or dismantling?

Yup you really don't need to craft anything either. You'll find some gun in the wild that you'll come to cherish but alas it will soon become obsolete and you'll move onto the next one.

Probably better off dismantling. I haven't run out of materials but I only came back a couple of weeks ago and my money went from 200M credits to 290M so cash won't be a problem. Again materials and credits should not be an issue for you until you reach the end game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any item you pick up, buy or craft, while levelling is just a short gap until something better. Once at level 30 and you move into the realms of gear score stuff, you'll get high end stuff thrown at you constantly. And even then you'll discard most of those for parts or credits, so you can spend them on more useful things like optimization or recalibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Myself and a friend have come back to The Division after more than a year away. We are struggling at the moment to level up or complete main missions. We are level 20 and 21 at the moment but nearly all the content on the map is for higher levels or at our level.

Is there anyway good way to level up and get a bit of a buffer against tougher enemies. Every time we meet one of the heavies in a mission we get killed. Never mind when it throws 2 or 3 at us.

you'll need to do side missions, pick up phones/intel anything to give you extra xp. Going into a main mission under levelled can be quite tough as most of them can be difficult to find an area you can snipe from far away.

Do as many of the green (medic) blue (security) and orange (whatever that is) missions so you can unlock stuff in the relevant units back in the base of operations. Upgrading your gear and perks makes you much stronger.

and for the last time ballistic shield is your friend - bring a healing talent with it something like the booster shot or support station

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Do as many of the green (medic) blue (security) and orange (whatever that is) missions so you can unlock stuff in the relevant units back in the base of operations. Upgrading your gear and perks makes you much stronger.

When you say upgrade gear and perks is that just through random drops or buying from vendors?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

When you say upgrade gear and perks is that just through random drops or buying from vendors?

Those, and you can add mods to equipment.

There's two types, basic stats mods and performance mods.

The first will add to the main stats, firearms, stamina and electronics.

The second will add other benefits, larger range on healing station, bonus to stick bomb radius etc.

At level 30 onwards you can use the optimization station to spend div tech to upgrade item stats. But that's best reserved only for classified gear, or a weapon you've settle on to use for a long time.

It's the three units you open and upgrade in the Base of Operations. Like the Medical Wing http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Medical_Wing

The skills they grant are useful and can be upgraded. The support station for example has a mod that brings you back to life. The wings also unlock really good perks as you upgrade them. Steady hands I have on every class, on the Move is another powerful one but some of the medical ones are really good too for survivability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The main missions will be really tough unless you hoover up all the side missions *first* in each area. Each area has a suggested level range, area a might be 5-10 and area b is 10-15. If you do all the side missions and then do the main missions in area A then you'll most likely be at the upper part of the range for area B. You really don't want to move into area B at level 10, and you definitely don't want to attempt a main mission reported at level 10 unless you're at least level 12 or so.

^ yes this is what I was trying to say only this is far better explained. You really don't want to be tackling main missions if you are under-levelled. Side missions will ensure you don't have to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started this again, and decided to start from scratch. Enjoying the main story, and it doesn't seem as bullet spongy. Enemies are dying pretty quick, though i'm sure that will change at some point. Sniping can be very satisfying. The gunplay overall is very good to be fair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Glebee

The game world they have created must be up there as one of the best. Its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a ton of games to play atm ( which is rare) but this is what's calling to me. Not happy with my current assault rifle though, need a new weapon pronto. I have all resources at about 70% so gonna make a push to the end game.

Glebee wrote: »
    The game world they have created must be up there as one of the best. Its brilliant
    Absolutely. Great recreation of New York:

Still getting up at 4 am to play this before coming into work. I'm sure once the global event is over I'll be fine. I'm sure I will.

Funniest thing playing with randoms is how angry I get when they stand in front of me blocking my shot. Of course I'm doing the same to them but that's not the issue.

I'm having a decent run with GE caches so far. Gotten about 10 usable classifieds, 4 of which are Predators Mark, so hopefully I'll get that set completed. No sign of the last two Strikers I need of course. Picked up a House SMG too, seems decent but not amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Like apparently half the planet I've jumped back into this with 1.8 after the best part of a year away. I loved it from day one but the current version is near perfection I think for this kind of game, at least the PvE side the DZ will never be anything other than an asshole magnet. Even with 400 hours in I have plenty to do, more importantly to enjoy doing: the GE, finally worthwhile exotics, end-game gear optimisations and the way they've overhauled a lot of the sets just makes the end-game so much more satisfying now. I was a bit pissed they had nerfed my last Alpha build but it made sense ultimately and forced me to rethink and experiment with different sets, which in turn also force me to try different play styles - shifting from primarily sniping tactics to much more dynamic run-n-gun with Strikers and Warlord (that I'm busy optimising inch by inch)..

• Advertisement

I expected more from the House too. Thought maybe I wasn't using it right. The exotic perk seems a lot stronger on paper than it does in real life. (the division is not real life Gim). I use the PP19 and MP7 a lot and the MP7 burst damage seems just as strong, well nearly.

Was using the Heel today. It's replaced the SVD on my Deadeye class. Got three classifieds this morning. Still no 5 or 6 sets pieces. God help me I'm going to absolutely devour this on the weekend.

Advertisement