Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've always liked AK47s in games. Warlord dropped for me last week. It didn't disappoint. Seems to hit like a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So just logged back in after a very long time and its pure information overload, no idea where to start or go. What is the new meta now build wise??

I am gear score 273 I think....so whats the 1st port of call to level up?

TBH for the time being I would do missions to get Global Event Credits. Challenging Lexington or Lincoln Tunnel is your best bet. The GE credits allow you to buy caches in the terminal that have a large chance (50%?? complete guess) of dropping classified gear.

when the Global Event is over those sets will go back to the general pool and drop at a rate of 3% or there or thereabouts. It's all about the grinding for GE credits for the next 4 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You want the superior caches for 1500 credits, don't touch the 900 creds one.
    The rate per cache is 45%, with an average of 1.02 items per cache, given that both could be classified, along with a bonus item.

And now I'll go back to seething with rage at the sight of the screenshots I saw of people who got three different predators mark classified items in a single cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So just logged back in after a very long time and its pure information overload, no idea where to start or go. What is the new meta now build wise??

I am gear score 273 I think....so whats the 1st port of call to level up?

The biggest difference I've seen is the addition of classified items, gear set pieces with a folder icon on the right. Besides generally being better than the std. pieces you can recalibrate 2 elements and a full set will let you go to 6pc bonuses.

As for Meta, I'm not really a fan of going by other folks opinions on uber builds I think it's a lot more fun to experiment and optimise yourself. That said apparently Sentry and Showstopper are the new DZ boo-hoo mix :).

For gearing up if you weren't already switch to WT5, boss hunting has a reasonably chance to net you an exotic (named) item. I'm getting maybe one per LZ round but plenty of Phx and other items to go along with them. The Global Event is adding a lot of loot as mentioned above, it's automatic so while there are miilestones and playlists for maximising GE credits you will get them for all the usual suspects (boss kills, HVTs etc.).

Optimisation is also a new option. You can spend a lot of money and DivTech for small gains but it allows you to push an existing item further than base-specs. E.g. I've done my Warlord 3x, it now has 8% higher RPM/Mag size and 12% higher Armour Shred. Not huge bonuses but it's nice to be able to keep a weapon you like and work on long term investment - and it will be long, this is kinda like Destiny Infusion with MUCH higher cost.

• Advertisement

Had been trying to save my div tech to optimise a gear set but dumped it all into the House, this morning. Phoenix Credits used to be a scarce commodity now I'm just constantly buying crap so I don't hit the 5000 cap.

There is a build that some youtubers are fearful of. I think it might be the predator's mark. It's whichever one that the full set causes bleed damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had been trying to save my div tech to optimise a gear set but dumped it all into the House, this morning. Phoenix Credits used to be a scarce commodity now I'm just constantly buying crap so I don't hit the 5000 cap.

There is a build that some youtubers are fearful of. I think it might be the predator's mark. It's whichever one that the full set causes bleed damage.

That's predators mark alright.

The House is noticeably better for me now that I optomised it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Did a little bit of farming tonight by running Lexington 4 or 5 times, plenty of classified gear dropping and now have 3 pieces of the nomad set that I'm trying to put together.

Heard that the teal boxes you buy from the supply guys in the BoE and Camp Clinton can drop classifieds. Been buying them to burn through excess phoenix credits. One had an exotic in it yesterday so I guess I'll keep doing that. Now to find a way to rid myself of fabric now that I've hit the cap on that.

The LZ bosses drop 150? GE credits. there's 8-9 of them you can burn through pretty quickly. Did 5 earlier and got an exotic and a classified sentry piece.

Thrashed a load of weapons from the stash yesterday that I never use. Really need to start thrashing duplicate exotics now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Man this game has changed so much. Never finished the story but hearing and reading the positive vibes here made me reinstall. Still haven't finished the story but have hit 30 now. I'll plow through the few story missions I have left and get the final Medical Wing upgrade done. From there I have no idea where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man this game has changed so much. Never finished the story but hearing and reading the positive vibes here made me reinstall. Still haven't finished the story but have hit 30 now. I'll plow through the few story missions I have left and get the final Medical Wing upgrade done. From there I have no idea where to go.

Same, pushing through to the end and hear everyone talk about world tiers, classifieds, predators, dunno what's going on :) I'll give all that a proper look once the main story is done.

I'm just giddy about it. I got burned out ages ago but before I did I'd maxed out four characters. Came back two weeks ago and am running around going crazy over all the stuff there is to do. It's getting the better of me. Every time I pull something out of a cache I have to tell someone but no-one really cares.
    In my defence I've been doing nothing but grinding public events in Destiny 2 the previous month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm just giddy about it. I got burned out ages ago but before I did I'd maxed out four characters. Came back two weeks ago and am running around going crazy over all the stuff there is to do. It's getting the better of me. Every time I pull something out of a cache I have to tell someone but no-one really cares.
    In my defence I've been doing nothing but grinding public events in Destiny 2 the previous month

You're like myself, I got turned off D2 as theres no replay value at all once you've done everything, at least with this, the gear is meaningful, and the different gearsets give genuine benefits so its worth seeking them out.

Having only the one Character, If I go for a second one, do they get to use the same levelled up HQ? Or are they completely separate?

Once I finish the Story missions, where should I concentrate? Underground? Is that Soloable?

Each character you run has to unlock everything in the story mode again so the Medical Wing, Security wing etc are all locked, you have no skills no gear and are just a squishy pea-shooting noob.
    If you had the foresight to leave staggered stuff in the stash from your first play-through you'll be alright. :)

All characters share the same stash, resources and currency but you can't use the higher level stuff until you max out. Alt characters are useful for running various weekly events/rewards, alternative load-outs and somewhere to just keep stuff.

Underground is soloable but some of the higher level difficulties would be difficult. Matchmaking works well at present, although I've had some bad experiences over time, like getting randomly kicked at the end.

If you had the foresight to leave staggered stuff in the stash from your first play-through you'll be alright. :)

Yeah, that ain't a trait I had with this game. I quit before Underground dropped, so completely out of the loop.

Me neither, to be honest it doesn't offer much of an advantage as guns/gear are often obsolete very quickly as you rank up.
    If you have a fully maxed out character the weekly challenge is the way to go. It's easy solo and guarantees an exotic from the weekly cache. This week its
    - kill 50 rioters
    - kill 50 LMB in the DZ (always seems to be LMB recently)
    - collect 50 electronics
    - do 10 missions on hard or challenging (this is painful with 4 characters)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Currently sitting at 278 gs... is there any easy way to get 280+ gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Currently sitting at 278 gs... is there any easy way to get 280+ gear?

Yes, don't compromise your build for a number. Ok, that was not as sarcastic as it sounds. GS is NOT all, it wasn't a year ago when I stopped playing and it very obviously is not now with all the updates. GS is a region, not an absolute, it's not like Destiny's light rating in a good way - there are so many ways to fine tune your build right down to matching the sight on your weapon to your 6pc classified/re-calibrated/optimised set. A well thought out lower GS build will always beat a by the numbers version.
    When I started playing again my main character was 273GS, for loot/crate purpose I could (and did) easily set my other 3 up to 280Gs, they were not remotely as effective as the first char. Not even close. I slowly upgraded to 276 over the last few days and then finally today broke 280 on a good build, i.e. one that made sense for how I wanted to play.

One of the absolute best things about this game is the granularity of build design, and to truly make that fun it has to be your own.

From a pure game mechanics PoV, higher risk runs a higher chance of reward. With the GE active gear is raining like candy. I'd estimate my own average at about 5% of the time what I get is an improvement, and that's running the best odds with WT5. But honestly it's enough, I like the fact I need to work for what I want. And in the meantime I get enough gear to try out mixes I didn't think I would.

For farming first do a boss-run, all around the map. On WT5 you should net at least 1 exotic and likely 10 or so sets. Then do the GE missions, one challenging alone is halfway to a superior chest. When they are done do the HVTs. The credit from all of that should net you 4 or so GE crates, more if you do the weeklies aswell. Keep the classified items until you are sure you have a better item of the same set in that category. Lower GS classifieds usually beat higher standards when you look at the attached talents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thanks for that. I usually go with the gear that increases my DPS/Stamina/Electrics etc but haven’t found anything in a while to better them.

One piece short on Strikers.
    One piece short on Banshee.
    One piece short on Predators Mark.

But at some point I finished Final Measure without even noticing, but that pretty sums up the value of Final Measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just crafted a lightweight M4 with the following spec. Is this a good roll or should I try and craft another and hope for better?

19k DMG
    850 rpm
    30 mag

Perks - determined, ferocious and accuracy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do DPS values change on guns for any reason, other than mods? Seems like i've had a gun for about 6-7 levels now, which still shows as being higher DPS than anything i pickup at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Thinking of giving this a bash again on ps4 anyone know where the best place is to get the game and expansions at a reasonable price?
    its full price on psn so way too much at the price considering youd have to buy all dlc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Thinking of giving this a bash again on ps4 anyone know where the best place is to get the game and expansions at a reasonable price?
    its full price on psn so way too much at the price considering youd have to buy all dlc as well.

On CEX website for €12.

That's just the base game. Soz

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just crafted a lightweight M4 with the following spec. Is this a good roll or should I try and craft another and hope for better?

19k DMG
    850 rpm
    30 mag

Perks - determined, ferocious and accuracy

I'd look for responsive, unforgiven and competent/brutal (destructive for pve) in other words thrash it :)

jcd5971 wrote: »

the psn price is ludicrous, I looked at it when starting up again as the disc was mucky, saw price and went back to cleaning the disc

Kiith wrote: »
    Do DPS values change on guns for any reason, other than mods? Seems like i've had a gun for about 6-7 levels now, which still shows as being higher DPS than anything i pickup at the moment.

I never worry too much about dps, it's all about the talents, perks and skills you equip. DPS is preferable for min/max but not essential, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm looking to returning to this. Was there any DLC for single player missions? I far prefer PvE without other players involved. Does the new map sections have ant new enemies?

Thanks

Advertisement