Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Exactly and the Destiny beta was 90% of the finished game

The first 4 story missions on Old Russia, a strike and a bit of crucible?

Far from 90% of the finished game...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fieldog wrote: »
    The first 4 story missions on Old Russia, a strike and a bit of crucible?

Far from 90% of the finished game...

It basically was in fairness, the rest was copy and paste. Go here, hold this point while it hacked, fight waves of enemies, boss fight, rince, repeat. Hence why I have long since traded it in. Only so much mindless grinding one can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

It's not so much a destiny alternative, but more a destiny clone.

Sorry, but that's the most stupid thing i read all day.

The only similarities these games share is the crafting system and the co-op element and working in teams to do missions which are real world based, not fighting giant ant type robots with a lil orb following you around lol.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Destiny isnt very good either tho. Borderlands did this better but Borderlands knew it was best to have a build up to an ending.

I just dont see how peoples interest will be kept in the Division.

I agree destiny was not great, but they keep replaying missions in the exact same places with exact same enemies calling it a different mission, it was terrible, i've not seen much of that in the division beta yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I guess we'll see in a few weeks. The feedback here has been far from glowing in terms of the Divisions content to be blunt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got a PC beta code but alas the PC is away til tomorrow.... :(

I will check it out then, I've been watching a fair amount of streams and haven't been really impressed, but my friend told me its fun to play so like any game I will give it a shot...

I think people are fooling themselves thinking there won't be a grind in this game either... it borrows a lot of Borderlands/Destiny cues, will see how it plays before I pass my opinion....

I know the graphics have had a downgrade but since when has it been about graphics? :)

• Advertisement

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Sorry, but that's the most stupid thing i read all day.

The only similarities these games share is the crafting system and the co-op element and working in teams to do missions which are real world based, not fighting giant ant type robots with a lil orb following you around lol.

Real world based, my ass. Walk into an area, get a voice telling you that an Echo was found. Said Echo is a holographic reconstruction of riots. It's like it is trying to be Batman.

And instead of fighting ant robots, you're fighting enemies that all look the same. Absolutely the same. The only difference is that some have yellow bars, some have purple bars, and some are named.

There isn't a robot, instead you have what I can only assume is an AI like Jervis from Iron Man.

This game is trying to be the lovechild of an orgy between Destiny, Batman, and Watch Dogs. There's absolutely nothing original about it. And it is so disappointing, because it could have been something great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

This game is trying to be the lovechild of an orgy between Destiny, Batman, and Watch Dogs. There's absolutely nothing original about it. And it is so disappointing, because it could have been something great.

And if someone enjoyed WatchDogs, but never played Destiny and Batman, then surely that would be a game many people would enjoy. :confused:

Then they can give their personal opinion like I have :)

I never said that there was anything bad about that, especially because I thoroughly enjoyed Batman and found Watch Dogs fun. But this game could have and should have been so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont think this is the game that was shown at e3 in 2013? I think they played it and realised bullet sponges was the way forward to create an Fps/RPG hybrid.

Making it cover based is there for the bullet sponges.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont think this is the game that was shown at e3 in 2013? I think they played it and realised bullet sponges was the way forward to create an Fps/RPG hybrid.

Making it cover based is there for the bullet sponges.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if the co-op elements were tacked on in hindsight and this is why it was delayed originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Played 2 more hours tonight and it just feels like a never ending loop - go here, take cover, kill these guys, kill another wave, mission complete. I honestly can't see the long term appeal of it. Granted they have locked some things off bounds for the beta but I dont see any of them being game changers.

If you like 4 player/solo "go here shoot these things" games you might enjoy it, but as a teaser for the final product I find it seriously underwhelming. They could have at least put in another mission with different variety to the above. I find it a bafflingly sparse way to promote an upcoming title but there really doesn't seem to be much more to it than cover shooting mixed with random loot.

I wouldn't be surprised if the co-op elements were tacked on in hindsight and this is why it was delayed originally.

Even the videos from 2 years ago at E3 featured a squad of people co-operating , hardly tacked on. It was always a squad/co-op game.

I played the alpha but haven't had time for this, and the Destiny comments trouble me. Can't imagine much has changed since the alpha and after watchdogs drama with ubi I can understand peoples views on this. I'll wait for a final review but my initial expectation of this was real world setting dying light combined with rainbow 6 elements which it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So is this yet another game that is pay-to-play yet is designed like a free-to-play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is there decent single player in here? How bad are the micro transactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The devs said the only micro transactions will be for cosmetic items with no stat increases so it's not pay to play.

I agree about the mission structure being take cover, shoot waves of enemies, move into next are, repeat. Playing solo will get boring very quickly if that's the way it will play out but playing with a squad on hard mode makes things a bit more interesting.

Played a nice side mission getting into an apartment looking for a girl bit it was small.

Compared to destiny, I've only played the beta's for each game. Couldn't stand Destiny but liked this but I'm going to wait for reviews to hear about how other missions play out to see how much variety there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The devs said the only micro transactions will be for cosmetic items with no stat increases so it's not pay to play.

I agree about the mission structure being take cover, shoot waves of enemies, move into next are, repeat. Playing solo will get boring very quickly if that's the way it will play out but playing with a squad on hard mode makes things a bit more interesting.

Played a nice side mission getting into an apartment looking for a girl bit it was small.

Compared to destiny, I've only played the beta's for each game. Couldn't stand Destiny but liked this but I'm going to wait for reviews to hear about how other missions play out to see how much variety there will be.

pay to play means a normal game where you buy it and then play it.

Is there decent single player in here? How bad are the micro transactions?

From what I can tell, you'll have a relatively tough time playing by yourself and is heavily reliant on co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

From what I can tell, you'll have a relatively tough time playing by yourself and is heavily reliant on co-op.

Boo. Thats a no buy from me then.

Varik wrote: »
    pay to play means a normal game where you buy it and then play it.

Agh, i took it as 'pay to win'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well it doesnt seem to be going to well on the steam forums shame really, hmm guess il wait till it's on sale.

• They should rename Ubisoft to Ubibait
    This all smells of Watchdog 2.0
    It really looks and plays all too generic. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Quickest way to get alot of DZ funds is to kill another player and survive the 90 seconds, which give you between 200-260 funds while surviving the manhunt will give you 700 +.Some intense firefights last night.Cant wait to get the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

so it's not pay to play.

I did not mean that in terms of a subscription but rather just paying for the game. Full priced but with lots of free-to-play type grind involved which usually means repetition. Many games do it now because its a double-down on the consumer's pocket. MGSV, SFV, Fifa16, Destiny and more.
    Agh, i took it as 'pay to win'.

That's an overused term. Usually means a game where those who pay up can get things that help them in PvP. Doesn't even apply to coop games no matter how much people spout it.

I just got a beta key from ubi, for ps4. I think the beta finishes tonight but you're free to have it. 1st person to request it, I'll pm you the code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

That gone Sheehy? If not, I'll have a slice!

That gone Sheehy? If not, I'll have a slice!

PM'd ya there. Hopefully it's not locked to my account, i doubt it is. Let me know if it works.

Beta now extended til Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I've a ps4 beta code I can't use so if they're transferable PM me.

Edit: Gone

• Advertisement

Xbox one code going here , PM me. Bear in mind it's a 26gb download if asking me for it. Gone :pac:

Advertisement