Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The best way to rank up solo from level 30 I found was the LZ bosses. These respawn every 4 hours. Each boss will give you high end gear, phoenix credits with a small chance to drop classifieds and 3 specific exotics (gloves, tenebae and caduceus). I think there's 15 bosses in total. I can show you the route on a PS4 but there are youtube videos that will show you.

I'd finish off the story quest, while not really necessary you have a small chance of the exotic holster on General Assembly and you may as well close off the story.

I would also do the daily hard and challenging missions. I'd match-make. I know you don't want to be carried but it's really not much of a carry for any max level agent and you'll get good 256+ gear pretty quick plus phoenix credits. You could be a burden in something like an incursion or legendary mission but not the dailies. Most people are more than happy to help, in fact it breaks up the grind and is enjoyable to give someone a hand.

I should also have said your goal now is to make it from World Tier 1 to WT5, this really shouldn't take too long. I'd move up a tier anytime you can. WT5 is where the end game gear will drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Advice for newbies is also to consider your playing style. The game's ai is pretty good, and if you're playing against your natural talents then you're in for a pasting.

For example, I know I'm terrible at close range/melee stuff and much more comfortable in cover with time to think. Speccing up a shotgun build would be pointless for me as I'll never get the best out of it. I'll have a good shotgun in my inventory when i know I'm going on a mission where I might get jumped, but it's not my primary, secondary, or tertiary. I also prefer to have health and armour over firearms as a headshot bonus is huge for the way I play, and so I don't need to roll for firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well, I need advice too hehe. I spent Valentine's night playing Division and reaching level 30. Don't judge me, by the time I finished work and came back home, misses was snoring her tits off. :D

Anyway, I did it. I am 30 now. Only played a bit after, but I pretty much got my arse handed to me by everything even more then before. This game is not ****ing around, I love it, but I had a lot of nerd rage moments, for example when I got just one shoted by some prick who flanked me, while 6 of his buddies just pinned me down in my cover.

I have almost maxed all of the wings. Just need one more skill in 2 of them. So from what I read above, I will work on maxing them out.
    Do I continue with actual story main quests too? I still have part of the map where I did not put my foot down.
    How should I start improving my gear? I am not looking to do rushing and just be carried to get good gear. Its no fun. I would much prefer a way, that I can use solo for now and can learn more about game. Don't want to be that guy, who tries to do high level content with other people and be a burden, instead of equal contributor with the fight.

Start picking up the cellphones / echos / drones etc now, every 4 or 5 will give you a field proficiency cache with pretty good gear in it. Back at launch there wasnt really any reward for picking them up.

Also, the cellphones have some of the best storytelling in the game, some chilling stuff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Start picking up the cellphones / echos / drones etc now, every 4 or 5 will give you a field proficiency cache with pretty good gear in it. Back at launch there wasnt really any reward for picking them up.

Also, the cellphones have some of the best storytelling in the game, some chilling stuff in there.

Aye, I noticed that. I picked up a few and couldn't figure out how I got that much xp!! Then realised its those collectables lol. Feels a bit cheeseing, but damn you can get gear fast! I went from gear score 15 to 182 in afternoon.
    Actually now I feel a lot stronger and dont die as easy. I guess its because I am still in world1 trying to mop up all main game quests.

Which are daily missions? How do you pick them up? Is that those targets? The ones you pick up from a board in safehouses?

Which are daily missions? How do you pick them up? Is that those targets? The ones you pick up from a board in safehouses?

Bring up the map and scroll across (It's the L1 trigger on PS) On the right hand side of the map now you have all the daily and weekly mission. You select them by choosing the location on the map eg. Lexington, select difficulty, matchmake etc, and off you go.
    The Search and Destroy missions you pick up in the BoO is another source of gear now that you mention it.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Bring up the map and scroll across (It's the L1 trigger on PS) On the right hand side of the map now you have all the daily and weekly mission. You select them by choosing the location on the map eg. Lexington, select difficulty, matchmake etc, and off you go.
    The Search and Destroy missions you pick up in the BoO is another source of gear now that you mention it.

I know you all play it a while, but as a newcomer, I dont know what all short names stand for. So boO?

I know you all play it a while, but as a newcomer, I dont know what all short names stand for. So boO?

Base of Operations, the main hub. I'm just too lazy to type it out it's not that obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Takes a decent few hours to get to 30,took about two to get to world tier 5 from 1,with help from a friend. He dropped all his high end stuff for me plus all the high end gear that was spewing out of NPC's means ive plenty of gear and options now. Rushed it so could play with him in the DZ,had to get to 256+ as he was already there.

I guess this is the start of the endgame now,blasting through the last 10 levels or so and getting up the world tiers has been pretty hectic so ive a ton of loot and systems that i havent even looked at yet. Theres a LOT of different currencies and mats. I do enjoy a bit of crafting in games though so hipefully wont be too hard to get to grips with.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Takes a decent few hours to get to 30,took about two to get to world tier 5 from 1,with help from a friend. He dropped all his high end stuff for me plus all the high end gear that was spewing out of NPC's means ive plenty of gear and options now. Rushed it so could play with him in the DZ,had to get to 256+ as he was already there.

I guess this is the start of the endgame now,blasting through the last 10 levels or so and getting up the world tiers has been pretty hectic so ive a ton of loot and systems that i havent even looked at yet. Theres a LOT of different currencies and mats. I do enjoy a bit of crafting in games though so hipefully wont be too hard to get to grips with.

I actually hate being boosted and rushed in these games. All the gear and levels have no satisfaction for me. Its basically defeating the whole purpose and concept of looter games.
    I got my gear score up to 202 now amd I feel proud of it. I know its **** all, but at least I did it myself and I know every item in my inventory. :)
    Anyway, I have only that one main quest left to do from story. I did not touched harbour and most north zones yet. I presume those are post launch zones that were added as extras? Anything different in those that I need to know?

So with gear score of 202 should I go up the world level? I have to admit, right now I feel like a **** truck. 90k 220k 80k stats on my character and I dont even bother going to cover if I come across a patrol.
    As level 30, I never went to that terminal base under BoO. Is there anything for me to do there? Or I can still enjoy my free style roaming around world doing random stuff?

it took me several goes to get to grips with the crafting and builds and I still do it wrong. There's several ways you can build a character well, you can mess it up and can optimise it but there are a lot of ways of building a viable character eg. Striker with 6000 stamina or 9,000 stamina

• Advertisement

I actually hate being boosted and rushed in these games. All the gear and levels have no satisfaction for me. Its basically defeating the whole purpose and concept of looter games.
    I got my gear score up to 202 now amd I feel proud of it. I know its **** all, but at least I did it myself and I know every item in my inventory. :)
    Anyway, I have only that one main quest left to do from story. I did not touched harbour and most north zones yet. I presume those are post launch zones that were added as extras? Anything different in those that I need to know?

So with gear score of 202 should I go up the world level? I have to admit, right now I feel like a **** truck. 90k 220k 80k stats on my character and I dont even bother going to cover if I come across a patrol.
    As level 30, I never went to that terminal base under BoO. Is there anything for me to do there? Or I can still enjoy my free style roaming around world doing random stuff?

Can understand both views. I really only ranked up one character the hard/correct way as on the other three I had loads of gear in the stash that could max the others.

The West Side Pier (North) is really hard, some of the toughest npc enemies in the game. It also includes Resistance which is a Horde mode good for end game farming.

I would look to get to World Tier 5 as soon as possible, where the best loot is.

Game really opens up @ level 30. The base beneath the BoO has Underground, which has specific missions and pretty good loot. You can match make or solo it, it's pretty good. There's also Last Stand a PvP mode in BoO which is horribly balanced, lot of one sided games. Survival is also in the BoO which is actually very good but let down by it's poor loot pool.

Underground, Survival and Last Stand are paid for DLC, Resistance is a free DLC.

it took me several goes to get to grips with the crafting and builds and I still do it wrong. There's several ways you can build a character well, you can mess it up and can optimise it but there are a lot of ways of building a viable character eg. Striker with 6000 stamina or 9,000 stamina

Got first few gear set pieces last night alright,no two from the same set though. Ill probably just try feeln it out for the moment and not melt gear/use all the mats till i know what im lookin for.

@Shadow
    Yeah wouldnt normally be arsed boosting in these types of game but this is the third time ive restarted the game so fatigue was setting in. Plus not being able to do the DZ with the only friend thats playing the game was a pain so just said feck it. Lifes too short:D

if you can get your hands on a ninja bike back pack it will really open build possibilities. Now that I have full classified sets the ninja bag is forgotten but at the time it really made the game better
    if you get a gear set, don't (like I did) throw any away that has a little file icon on the right hand side - these are classified gear sets

Okay, I am really sorry for my dumb questions, but it is a bit overwhelming playing game for the first time, which is out for 2 years with multiple patches. I usually use youtube, but a lot of it is very out dated. And want to thank already for a lot of help.

So wjat I figured put so far:

World tiers is pretty much Torment levels of Diablo 3, set it to whatever tier you feel comfortable and whole world adjust to new level: loot and enemies. That includes missions by default?
    Mission themselves have two difficulty levels. Are they depended on your world tier? Do they stack difficulty if that makes sense?
    So yellow missions are Incursions? Thats the ones that people run is squads and get loot from? Active part of the game? Can I solo it? Or its like dungeons in mmorpgs and need full squad?
    What are those crypto keys?

Spent very little time in the World Tiers. I geared up by soloing the LZ (Light Zone i.e. not the DZ) bosses until I could run WT5. As you go up the tiers enemies, missions and gear should all be higher.

All story missions can be run on normal and hard. Several can be run on challenging and three (Times Square, Napalm and Warrengate) can be run on legendary. The harder the difficulty the better the loot. The difficulty/loot drops are probably influenced by World Tier.

Incursions have a lot of mechanics. 2 difficulty levels normal and heroic.Some of them can be solo'd but would be very tough. Generally you need a reasonably good full team. I can do two of them comfortably with randoms. I'd rather bang my head off a wall for 15 minutes than try solo them. :) Two best methods for getting exotic caches are heroic incursions and legendary missions.

Crypto keys are used for buying vanity items (pretty clothes) without having to use real life money. Vendor is in the BoO down the stairs where the Survival/Last Stand terminals are.

Spent very little time in the World Tiers. I geared up by soloing the LZ (Light Zone i.e. not the DZ) bosses until I could run WT5. As you go up the tiers enemies, missions and gear should all be higher.

All story missions can be run on normal and hard. Several can be run on challenging and three (Times Square, Napalm and Warrengate) can be run on legendary. The harder the difficulty the better the loot. The difficulty/loot drops are probably influenced by World Tier.

Incursions have a lot of mechanics. 2 difficulty levels normal and heroic.Some of them can be solo'd but would be very tough. Generally you need a reasonably good full team. I can do two of them comfortably with randoms. I'd rather bang my head off a wall for 15 minutes than try solo them. :) Two best methods for getting exotic caches are heroic incursions and legendary missions.

Crypto keys are used for buying vanity items (pretty clothes) without having to use real life money. Vendor is in the BoO down the stairs where the Survival/Last Stand terminals are.

Thanks.

Right, so incursions are those very high level stuff, like raids in mmorgs? I have nothing to do there for now.
    I just got quests with house on fire and now it took me to BoO and terminal, from there with a lift to underground. Holy crap, how much more **** I need to learn. There are some sort of operations. Any help on whats going on here. It only lets me to do some custom operation or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The division is not the game that came out 2 years ago, that one basically ended at level 30 unless you wanted DZ crap.

The game now if released would be on a different level and I get the developers listened to the community and made changes, but those changes made sense only to those still playing.

I pre ordered it years ago and logged in to 1.8 recently and

4uw5.jpg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The division is not the game that came out 2 years ago, that one basically ended at level 30 unless you wanted DZ crap.

The game now if released would be on a different level and I get the developers listened to the community and made changes, but those changes made sense only to those still playing.

I pre ordered it years ago and logged in to 1.8 recently and

4uw5.jpg

The only reason I bought it, was youtube rereview vidoes. Which really is a hot topic, specially when people pissed of with Destiny 2.
    I have almost 40h in already and loving it. Never played it before, so I entered as fresh player in to 1.8 patch. Damn, if they had this on launch, then Division would have been some damn massive hit.

Guys, why do you need that magic gear score of 256? I am currently 250, but it is being dragged down by 193 offhand and 230 secondary weapon.

I just got quests with house on fire and now it took me to BoO and terminal, from there with a lift to underground. Holy crap, how much more **** I need to learn. There are some sort of operations. Any help on whats going on here. It only lets me to do some custom operation or something like that.

Down the lift is Underground. This is a number of randomly generated missions. Can be done solo or in a group. You can rank up in UG to level 40,takes a while. Good loot pool. Certain modifiers are locked until you get levelled up. You can encounter Hunters here, which are the bad ass npc characters.

256 gear score used to be the max gear score, now 291. You may need it to access WT5 but you can certainly play WT5 as a very low level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

This is Eva Acosta, Urban Spelunker extraordinaire

Hands down the most chilling one I have listened to yet. I'm still exploring the WSP (West Side Pier) to find the ones that involve a call to Grandma...

--
    You can encounter Hunters here, which are the bad ass npc charactersl

My very first encounter with them went something along the lines of:

1. Stop rolling all over the place and just die!
    2. Wait.. I have a shotgun...
    3. I know! I'll rush em!

300?cb=20161115010352

• Advertisement

that is incredibly similar to my first hunter encounter except mine was in Survival. Got into the DZ for the first time, found an agent's body who had a load of gear, spent ages crafting stuff, Gold ACR, let's go baby. Call in chopper. Hunter drops down from roof , barrel rolls all over the place, almost have him down, he ducks behind a crate, I approach confidently and fecker leaps out, fully healed and OHKs me with an axe.
    I found it difficult to get past and haven't been back to survival since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Sounds like my first encounter with a hunter as well :)
    Doing underground mission, clear a room, flashbangs go off, hunter appears and starts wailing on me.
    I take cover and wreck him as he walks towards me. Just as he's near me I need to reload. Cue axe to the face...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do they play the different cell phone stories in order? Or are they just played as they are found? I think i got some out of order, though i can't remember for sure.

They did a fantastic job with the world building to be fair. Found an alter to a rat king or something like that...and promptly left that alley :P

some of the things really add to the game world, kind of stuff you wouldn't necessarily even see but when you do think it's really good
    anyone see the rat and the pigeon in a fight to the death, while out in the LZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Kiith wrote: »
    Do they play the different cell phone stories in order? Or are they just played as they are found? I think i got some out of order, though i can't remember for sure.

They did a fantastic job with the world building to be fair. Found an alter to a rat king or something like that...and promptly left that alley :P

Unless you use a Youtube vid from the very start the phones as always out of order.

My favourite phonecall is the 2 young lads talking about using the time off school because of the virus to level up their alt characters.

Wait,theres a story in this game?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Wait,theres a story in this game?

:P

Yes.

Ramos is the main character.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yes.

Ramos is the main character.

He's the JTF agent New York needs but not the one it deserves right now.

• Advertisement

He's the JTF agent New York needs but not the one it deserves right now.

just played falons lost with randoms and feel like that. the things I did for them, the deaths I had because of them, the awful awful, ignorance, crass stupidity, I'd still have cleared it for them but they kicked me.
    The perfect storm
    Went straight back on, put on a crap load-out and skills and ran through it with three other randoms.

Advertisement