Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

i have a code for the xbox one if anybody wants it, first pm gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

So who has cancelled there pre-orders? Given the amount of cheating going on.

Cheating?

Ya.. There is a rather large problem where the server trusts any information the UPLay client provides it with, with a cheat engine you can have unlimited ammo, grenades, change reload speeds and player speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Article on Eurogamer about it, havent noticed it but think I am done with it.

Not floating my boat so will pass on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Article on Eurogamer about it, havent noticed it but think I am done with it.

Not floating my boat so will pass on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only issue I've with the game is that the darkzones are a little small, the full game not being restricted like the beta may sort it by itself. A 4 player group is fine, as you at worst even with any other group you run into but playing by yourself in almost pointless in the darkzone. Run into a group or larger group in any of the many survival games you can avoid them if you see them first or make a choice to ambush or talk to them, but here so far in the beta you're in a confined area free for all.

Also **** the rouge system, they need to add a middle tier.

Kill a non-threat become rouge (Red)

die/timeout as a rouge become a "potential threat" coloured light orange to bright orange.

You can shoot and kill potential threats and it won't make you rouge, but will eventually make you a potential threat and then finally rouge; Preferably dependant on how much of a threat/level the people you fight are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jesus , it turns into some sh!t storm when there's about eight guys chasing a few rogues.the eight guys end up killing each other and becoming rouge themselves with lads running in front of guys firing at the original team of rogues. Madness.

How do you kill non-threats? I spent a lot of time trying to kill NPCs but couldn't.

Non-threats = other players
    NPCs are bullet sponges

• Advertisement

NPCs are bullet sponges

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How do you kill non-threats? I spent a lot of time trying to kill NPCs but couldn't.

You can't kill the green NPCs, and outside of the dark zone you can't kill other players.

After playing I don't think enemies are bullet sponges any more, yes a few heads shots to kill a boss is stupid in reality. But normal enemies can taken down quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Shane_ef wrote: »
    So who has cancelled there pre-orders? Given the amount of cheating going on.

What are you talking about? If there is any cheating actually going on which is doubtful given the official response from UBI it would only affect the PC version of the game which is the version that seems to be having the most teething problems.

The official UBI response from the community manager is:

Guys, so you're aware the things discussed here are not in fact hacks or cheats, but merely abuse of glitches that exist in the game currently. These glitches are currently being worked on by the team.

The glitches and bugs they are talking about are the likes of invisible players etc which sometimes will seem like you are being shot through walls and floors etc.

Personally I have not been involved in a Beta before that has been this impressive in terms of the bugs/gameplay. Yes, there are a small number of bugs but NOTHING that you would write home about. I think I played close to 20 hours over the weekend and hit the level 8 cap and level 12 DZ cap but I had a blast with my mates. The game looks stunning and the game mechanics for the most part are working as intended.

Some people are complaining that there was not much to do in the Beta, but come on guys, this is a Beta, they are supposed to restrict most the features of the game. I thought for a Beta we got plenty of stuff to do. Lots of side missions etc.

I for one can't wait for March 8th, hell I might even take the day off work :D

logik wrote: »
    What are you talking about? If there is any cheating actually going on which is doubtful given the official response from UBI it would only affect the PC version of the game which is the version that seems to be having the most teething problems.

Guys, so you're aware the things discussed here are not in fact hacks or cheats, but merely abuse of glitches that exist in the game currently. These glitches are currently being worked on by the team.

The glitches and bugs they are talking about are the likes of invisible players etc which sometimes will seem like you are being shot through walls and floors etc.

Personally I have not been involved in a Beta before that has been this impressive in terms of the bugs/gameplay. Yes, there are a small number of bugs but NOTHING that you would write home about. I think I played close to 20 hours over the weekend and hit the level 8 cap and level 12 DZ cap but I had a blast with my mates. The game looks stunning and the game mechanics for the most part are working as intended.

Some people are complaining that there was not much to do in the Beta, but come on guys, this is a Beta, they are supposed to restrict most the features of the game. I thought for a Beta we got plenty of stuff to do. Lots of side missions etc.

Talking about some of the stuff discussed here, https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43jr61/pc_version_will_be_plagued_with_cheaters/czj1uhi

Sorry forgot to specify PC.. they didn't implement an anti cheat system for the beta and there is talk that (in the final game) it'll be the same anti-cheat as Rainbow six seige which is less than ideal.

Just a simple question (I haven't cancelled mine)

Shane_ef wrote: »
    NPCs are bullet sponges

Ah. Thought non-threat was an in-game way of referencing NPCs! What do you mean by their being bullet sponges? I put a lot of bullets into many of them on the ps4 and none yet down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You're being too upbeat and positive. These are not allowed prior to a AAA game release. We must be critical, negative and at all times assume the worst :pac:

So The Division is the get an open beta this month before the official release. No better way to test server stability and the load balancing algorithms than to have an open beta, so hats off to Ubi. Could this be the norm from Ubi going forward for all of their online games? We have now seen open betas for Rainbow 6 and now The Division. I say, hats off to Ubi, more developers should have open betas before mainstream releases.

Open beta will run from the 16th - 21st February.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-01-looks-like-the-division-is-getting-an-open-beta-this-month

EDIT - Duplicate Post

A great idea, a friend of mine got an email from them saying there will be an open beta too

Dammit boards

• Advertisement

Time for my good deed of the day,
    I got given an Xbox 1 beta code today..
    I'm not 100% sure it works but any boardsie can have it, and play the last few hours of the closed beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

What the hell is going on with Amazon's site. It seems like any game worth getting can't be delivered to Ireland anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Liamario wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with Amazon's site. It seems like any game worth getting can't be delivered to Ireland anymore!

Use Parcel Motel.

IGN have put up a video of the underground in The Division. Level 12 characters. Personally the game needs to be played HARD mode. I had the most fun playing the missions on HARD in the beta. It was actually a challenge in spots. Normal mode is just a chicken shoot.

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2016/02/01/8-minutes-of-the-divisions-deadly-underground-ign-first

EDIT - Duplicate post.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Eurogamer posted a vid showing a comparison between Ubi's chat banter and their own. Fairly accurate stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Beta was ok , 7/10 maybe. seemed a big buggy with the rogue thing. found myself turning rogue shooting rogue players

Nice selection of videos here. The first one is very well done I think. Some firefight in the middle of it.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-CA/media/index.aspx

Duplicate post, what is with the duplicate posts on boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Duplicate post, what is with the duplicate posts on boards...

If you click Edit, there's an option to delete the post. (on website version)

Advertisement