Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Anyone else have to play the game without any tech wing at all because of the Paul Rhodes missing bug I can't find him anywhere at base I hear it's a common enough glitch. I'm late twenties level level 27 if I remember correctly haven't played in a month or two.

Anyone else have to do without tech wing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

this would drive me nuts. Does this help?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49ynz4/why_isnt_paul_rhodes_at_the_tech_wing_glitch_to/

Alternatively it may need you to start a new agent. If you're on PS4 I'll boost one for you.

gimli2112 wrote: »

I've tried everything mate can't get him to appear he will haunt me for eternity:) I will never know the wonderful world of the tech wing!ha I must get back to playing this and get to that level 30 that everyone raves about but is a bit of a grind repeating the same old missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Drop rate is 57%, probably for both exotics and classifieds. The more you play a game with RNG the more you hate it, as silly RNG can happen.

Lol, the internet is full of eejits. Eejits who often blame others for their own shortcomings. Fair play to you for not reacting, I could only wish to be so mature. As you play you'll do stuff that saves the day and make mistakes. As long as you're having fun who cares what some random clown thinks. Unfortunately taking this line of thinking too far is what created trolls and hackers. I can guarantee you that you're not "the worst reclaimer ever", so funny though. :)

GE is just an event. By playing missions or incursions you will earn GE credits, that can be used to buy caches in the GE part of the BoO, which have a very high chance (57% again I think) of dropping classified or exotic gear. You can still do regular stuff (maybe not resistance or UG). Best farming method for you will be to do Lex or Hudson on challenging. Over and over and over again. The grind will be worth it.

Have you tried the legendary missions yet? These would be relatively challenging but good fun / rewards.

The beauty of being in your 30s. You just don't give a flying f***. :D

I haven't tried missions post 30 at all. Cant get group for them, then again I was strugling even for resistance. Xbox player base must be really small at night. Really tempted to pick up the game for pc tok, as my friend started there, but that will mean I can play it on pc only on my days off and before ratty and misses gets back home. No more pewpewpew late at night when eveyone a sleep.

So its just another currency added for that one day that gives new chests. Got it. It starts tonight? I guess it wont be a problem to get groups for those missions during GE.

it's supposed to be awesome on pc :)

• Advertisement

On a snow day with no plans. Decided to finally get the platinum, just collectibles left. Got them all but no platinum. I have 62/63 echoes showing, one of them's obviously bugged.
    Think I'll go outside and sit in the snow until the pain goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It runs pretty well on PC from what ive played so far.

Cheapest place i found to buy it was actually the ubisoft store. On sale its €20 there then use 100 Ubi points to get an extra 20% off. Works out at €16

I've yet to try resistance is it waves of attackers coming at you and 3 other players and you get rewards for each wave you survive is it?
    Where do I go to play this mode it's first I've heard of it on this thread it has me intrigued reminds me of COD MW3 back in the day surviving the waves of attackers and juggernauts:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

West Side Pier.
    Kinda mid to top left on the map, safe house is Camp Clinton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

"To celebrate The Division’s two-year anniversary, weekly Global Events will be available until March 26. Claim your free anniversary emote now, and complete your Classified Gear Sets! Good luck, Agents."

Sweet grindy goodness.

• Advertisement

Ran dragons nest and falcon lost for the first time yesterday.
    No doubt they would be much harder without Gimli's super reclaimer, could basically just stand there and shoot at whatever without worrying about dying, ammo etc.
    That set up more or less makes it easy mode

not my blinding skill? the box is the star of the show. the other dude sounded surprised he'd managed to plant the bomb on the apc

Especially evident on Dragons Nest. everything (as in the entire room) on fire and we're all just standing there calmly shooting the bad chaps

Its live now?

So what do I queue up for again? Incursions or specific missions? Lexington and something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Finally Level 30...huzzah .

Probably have limited time for the GE this weekend. Sorry if its already been asked but whats the recommended most time efficient way to get good gear?

I did the Hudson mission quickly there and nearly sure it said 1 GE credit or something, is that right? I'm on World Tier 1 and don't think my gear score is high enough to go up a Tier. Think I got a yellow LMG when I got back to the BoE but not sure if that was to do with the GE rewards or what as I'm not really sure how the goodies are doled out.

Do I have to earn a certain amount of GE credit and cash it in somewhere. I got a bit confused cos the level 30 activities opened up at the BoE too so wasn't sure what was GE specific and what wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will definitely have to jump on at some point to try the global event, never did one before and am mad for a mask. I'm currently in WT 2 and it says global event is the same no matter what WT you are. Can you only pay with other people the same WT as you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

any xbox players want to squad up this evening for some GE? gearscore doesn't matter as long as you are level 30

There's going to be a GE every week for a month. It's important to get into WT5 as soon as you can.

Best way for new 30s to get GE credits is Lexington or Hudson challenging. Outbreak modifier only, additional modifiers are fun but slow things up. Each run will net you 750 GE credits plus 75 per named boss, in WT5. Weekly HVTs are quicker actually and 2 of them give 750 GC and 75 per boss

You need the GE credits to buy the 1500 superior caches at the base. Rinse and repeat.

Mask are pretty grindy to get here, the last two were easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is on sale this weekend on psn, 15 euro for the game, 25 for gold edition and 13 for season pass. Each of the main dlc's are 15 on their own so that's a bargain for the season pass.

Cool, I might get a few hours in tomorrow so will grind those 2 levels and see where that gets me. Would be nice to to get some gear set pieces before this weekends event finishes up.

Only got my first high end AR earlier and its a huge jump up from the crappy ones I've been using until now. Looking forward to getting my hands on some classified weapons.

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    any xbox players want to squad up this evening for some GE? gearscore doesn't matter as long as you are level 30

I am on xbox m8, Shadowhearth my name. Playing right now too.

Am I the only one getting constant lag and disconnects?!?! I guess weather is not helping, but **** I am getting pissed. Got droped from challenging mission when we were killing boss. So got **** all for it. Now cant even stay inside game for 5 seconds and get disconnects!!!!

There's going to be a GE every week for a month. It's important to get into WT5 as soon as you can.

Best way for new 30s to get GE credits is Lexington or Hudson challenging. Outbreak modifier only, additional modifiers are fun but slow things up. Each run will net you 750 GE credits plus 75 per named boss, in WT5. Weekly HVTs are quicker actually and 2 of them give 750 GC and 75 per boss

You need the GE credits to buy the 1500 superior caches at the base. Rinse and repeat.

Mask are pretty grindy to get here, the last two were easier.

How do you set matchmaking to join challanging Lexington for example? It looks like I can only queue for normal.

game seems all over the place, lot of lag, some red npcs jumped over a wall mid-way through napalm and started attacking us, sound seems off, keep hearing game sounds where there should be none, seemed to be additional waves in napalm too but no disconnects.

How do you set matchmaking to join challanging Lexington for example? It looks like I can only queue for normal.

hold triangle (on ps4) to select difficulty. At the entrance of the mission there'll be a prompt and it should say what you need to press to select difficulty, You can match make from there.

hold triangle (on ps4) to select difficulty. At the entrance of the mission there'll be a prompt and it should say what you need to press to select difficulty, You can match make from there.

You need physically be there to change it, right? You cant do it from the map?

Anyway, I dont know if its Division or Virgin media, but I get disconnects 2-3 times per mission. I get disconnects while trying to clean up damn inventory!!!

no you can do it from the map anywhere. highlighting the mission will give prompts to change difficulty and matchmake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If you hit just "Matchmaking" it shows 4 slots,one of which you will be in,then 3 slots for others to join.

I found "Quick Matchmaking" not very good,i use just "Matchmaking". If i start the mission others usually join or if i wait a minute or so ill get an invite to join a team that has already started.

I'm still in World tier 1 and if I select Challenging in Hudson mission it's saying I get 3 GE credits. Am I doing something wrong, I thought it was meant to give 750

750 in world tier 5. So you have to run Lex 500 times for one cache in WT1, dear god.
    I never spent a lot of time in the lower tiers, just ran the LZ bosses (from memory) which got me to 256 pretty fast and had loads of gear by the time I got my alts to 30.

• Advertisement

750 in world tier 5. So you have to run Lex 500 times for one cache in WT1, dear god.
    I never spent a lot of time in the lower tiers, just ran the LZ bosses (from memory) which got me to 256 pretty fast and had loads of gear by the time I got my alts to 30.

Well that's a pain in the hole. Wasting my time with GE so until I get better gear. Is lz bosses my best option of gear so? Or should I play underground or one of thoseactivities

Advertisement