Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

LZ bosses drop a couple of pieces a gear each and there are around 15 of them. I'd simply go to WT5 and join a challenging Lex run, you might be kicked but really shouldn't, it's an easy carry. You should rank up quick either way.

I think these gear sets are pretty good but the big ones, Nomad, Reclaimer and Striker are a while off so you have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

skerry wrote: »
    Well that's a pain in the hole. Wasting my time with GE so until I get better gear. Is lz bosses my best option of gear so? Or should I play underground or one of thoseactivities

Go pick up all recordings and stuff, they give a lot of xp and every 400k xp you get chests that give a lot of gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'm still in World tier 1 and if I select Challenging in Hudson mission it's saying I get 3 GE credits. Am I doing something wrong, I thought it was meant to give 750

It's so that people can't drop down level and game the system for easy credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

gimli2112 wrote: »
    LZ bosses drop a couple of pieces a gear each and there are around 15 of them. I'd simply go to WT5 and join a challenging Lex run, you might be kicked but really shouldn't, it's an easy carry. You should rank up quick either way.

I think these gear sets are pretty good but the big ones, Nomad, Reclaimer and Striker are a while off so you have time.

Doesn't look like I can go WT5 until I work up my gear score. Are the LZ bosses the HV targets that open from the 2 dues in the Terminal once you hit 30? I tried talk to them a pick some targets but it says I don't have required intel and doesn't give any indication on how to get said intel.

Go pick up all recordings and stuff, they give a lot of xp and every 400k xp you get chests that give a lot of gear.

Cheer's had remembered someone a few pages back saying that alright so I stopped picking them up and saved what I could. Picked up 3 there and got a cache out of one of them so will mop them up tomorrow and see where that gets me with gear score.

Might be ready for next weeks GE. Just when I thought the grind to get chances to get the good stuff was over :(

• Advertisement

The grind never goes away :)
    I couldn't remember what you need to do to get to WT5 but I did it solo and it didn't take long. Sure it was the LZ run that got me there.
    The LZ bosses run is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ScRIVFVrc
    You get intel from doing search and destroy missions from safe houses or from underground missions.

Yes it does, it's called Monster Hunter! :pac:

I couldn't remember what you need to do to get to WT5 but I did it solo and it didn't take long. Sure it was the LZ run that got me there.
    The LZ bosses run is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ScRIVFVrc
    You get intel from doing search and destroy missions from safe houses or from underground missions.

Yeah but I was looking forward to grinding for not Sh*te gear :(

Drops are nearly all high end now though and gear score is rising quick enough.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yes it does, it's called Monster Hunter! :pac:

Can't get into that. I'll give it another go when I'm burned out on this,

Can't get into that. I'll give it another go when I'm burned out on this,

The reaon I got Division was due to funds being a bit tight with misses changing jobs etc. So I couldn't justive 69 quid on digital version of monster hunter, but 29eu for Division was okay. I am massive fan of MH games and played a ton of MH4 and will be playing new one soon.

Saying this, that 29 quid spent on Division was worth it. I am going 100h+ on it and still loving it. Its already worth the money. Fair play to devs not abandoning it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Skerry are you on PS4? If you want i can lend a hand and run through some missions with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yeah but I was looking forward to grinding for not Sh*te gear :(

Drops are nearly all high end now though and gear score is rising quick enough.

And there's a handy downloadable image of the boss locations here https://division.zone/named-bosses/ . You can farm them once every 4 hours.

Okay, I had some time with this. Did Lexington and Hudson.

Hudson is very good if you got a team that does whole headshot thing and if you play on that highest critical setting. The middle setting is way harder.

Lexington is pretty much pray and spray and be in the right position lol.

Not sure how weather will be tomorrow, I drive almost 70km to work, so if its still bad, I won't go. So more Division event. If weather is fine then pretty much event is over for me. Managed to get 9 superior cases so far. Haven't opened any yet. Got a ton of normal ones that you get from leveling too. Will open superior ones after event and might leave normal ones for when patch hits.

you're like a squirrel, open the damn caches and tell us what you got :) Could be a house in one of them or ninja back pack.
    If you're farming I'd look to only have the outbreak modifier on as the other two will slow you down, you get less GE per run but over an hour I'd say it would be more efficient.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Skerry are you on PS4? If you want i can lend a hand and run through some missions with you?

Cheers for the offer dude, appreciate it, on Xbox though :(

Not even sure how much time I'm gonna get for the GE this weekend, snowed in with the missus and the little one so Divisioning opportunities are limited. I used up most of my gaming time this week grinding up to Level 30 and thinking I'd have so many gear set pieces by Sunday that I'd have to store them in the shed :rolleyes:

you're like a squirrel, open the damn caches and tell us what you got :) Could be a house in one of them or ninja back pack.
    If you're farming I'd look to only have the outbreak modifier on as the other two will slow you down, you get less GE per run but over an hour I'd say it would be more efficient.

I always wondered are crates in these kind of games like Schroedingers loot crates, as in there's nothing actually in them until you look. Or are they pre-determined contents once you get the crate...hmmmmm.

The day I finally got The Last Word in Destiny I stood behind Rahoul when decrypting the engram. I never decrypted an engram in front of that man again.....and always got sh!te I already had :D

I think I might be over-analysing this.

Aye, I know. There are like 30 damn chests for me to open. I actually feel sorry for future Shadowhearth, he will have to do so much inventory management. :pac: The one from the past already tried to clean up Main chest as I filled it up to a brim lol.

You know inventory system is **** in the game if you thinking of piece of paper and pen to make a grid to mark which good pieces you got already. :pac:

Thats what I do. Got leadership of party last night before I went to bed, so did very efficient resetting with that group. Damn we shredded Lexington. Used my lone star set and I love it.

make sure you have room when opening them, superior caches can give up to 3 items, if you have too little space you might lose stuff.
    Just opened 3 caches, got one classified but it was the final piece that I needed.

Did an hour whip around collecting phone missions I had saved and got me up to WT2, mind numbing enough though. Still have a few of them and echo's to go so might get up to WT3 with the rest.

Have high class weapons out the a$$ now..nothing fancier than that yet though. Is there anything worth keeping in the high class weapons or is it just a case of keep the higher damage stuff and sell whats not worth equipping. No sign of any classified fanciness yet.

Opened 12 superior chest... **** rng

Got:
    2 warlords
    2 bullfrogs
    1 big all
    3 lone star pieces and only one that I need. Its horrible rng considering I had only 2 classified pieces ffs.
    2 dead eye pieces that I needed.

Bull****. Well, at least bullfrog is somewhat okay I guess. Warlord is kind of ****.

• Advertisement

Okay, this event just completely put me off Division as a game. I love grindy games, I expect to grind them, but with looter games there has to be reward, the carrot on a stick if you say.

I got 4 more chests and got **** all again. So thats 16 chests from which I got 1 piece lone star and 2 pieces of deadeye. Everything else is trash. And thats considering that I have feck all as is and not hunting for that one or two pieces to finish a set.

tbh you did ok. I opened 3 earlier and got one classified and that was it.
    Bullfrog is one of the best guns in the game, responsive and something like deadly/unforgiving/competent with the exotic uncomplicated perk and sweet jesus.
    Big Al is a very good lmg, it's reload is terrible so I'd spec to that or lone star it. It's probably THE lone star gun.
    I feel your pain though I've shouted bullshi* at my tv a lot but eventually it came good.

Did an hour whip around collecting phone missions I had saved and got me up to WT2, mind numbing enough though. Still have a few of them and echo's to go so might get up to WT3 with the rest.

Have high class weapons out the a$$ now..nothing fancier than that yet though. Is there anything worth keeping in the high class weapons or is it just a case of keep the higher damage stuff and sell whats not worth equipping. No sign of any classified fanciness yet.

imo
    LVOAC/LWM4
    MP7/PP19
    M700 carbon/M44 (SVD deadeye)
    MG5
    SASG

I'm sure I'm wrong but this is all I use outside of exotics

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

add me, same gamertag, drop up to wt5 and come on a boss run with me, i'll drop you enough gear to get you into wt5 quickly

i'm assuming you are xbox as you thanked my post above. i'm on pc as well if it helps

tbh you did ok. I opened 3 earlier and got one classified and that was it.
    Bullfrog is one of the best guns in the game, responsive and something like deadly/unforgiving/competent with the exotic uncomplicated perk and sweet jesus.
    Big Al is a very good lmg, it's reload is terrible so I'd spec to that or lone star it. It's probably THE lone star gun.
    I feel your pain though I've shouted bullshi* at my tv a lot but eventually it came good.

Thats the only thing that was good out of all of it. I cant remember exact skills, but I knew they were decent, I rerolled one to predatory as I intend to use it solo nomad.
    I already had big all and I love it. Big all for close range and hungry hog secondary for long range or when Big all is empty. All with 4 piece lone star. Its fantastic.

About bullfrog.... how big of penalty wjen you have attachment with stabilty or accuracy? You better off not using one if you dont have one without those penalty stats?

yeah I have predatory on one that I put on the predator character, it's awesome. My nomad has enough HoK so I rolled that one for pure damage.
    Uncomplicated gives 15% extra damage it's crazy. I have no stability or accuracy mods on any of mine but treat it like an smg.
    I put one on an alpha-bridge character and it had responsive, unforgiven, deadly and uncomplicated. Too bad Alpha Bridge is so bad.

imo
    LVOAC/LWM4
    MP7/PP19
    M700 carbon/M44 (SVD deadeye)
    MG5
    SASG

I'm sure I'm wrong but this is all I use outside of exotics

Sound, I'll have a look at what I have when I get back on and see whats worth keeping. Still not familiar with the guns, names and perks in this game so will probably end up stashing loads out of pure fear of selling something good.

Presume this is like other looty shooty games in that if I get a nice weapon now at wt3 then once I get to wt5 territory I'll have to get that weapon to drop again at the higher score to keep at wt5 (hope that makes sense)

mossym wrote: »
    add me, same gamertag, drop up to wt5 and come on a boss run with me, i'll drop you enough gear to get you into wt5 quickly

i'm assuming you are xbox as you thanked my post above. i'm on pc as well if it helps

Sound Mossym, yeah I'm on Xbox, I'll add you later if I get on, most likely won't but will drop a message next time I think I'll get on.

Got up to WT3 now after just whizzing around the map for a couple of mindless hours today picking up phone messages and the like.

About bullfrog.... how big of penalty when you have attachment with stability or accuracy?

Don't worry about it. Somebody ran the numbers before and the penalty is negligible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Meh,getting stuttering sometimes on PC. Its nailed at 62fps and the framereate indicator doesnt show any drops so its quite odd.

Seems to happen just as a checkpoint is reached in missions. Really annoying,not only visually but the input lag on the mouse skyrockets. Can barely turn for a second or so.

Anybody come across this? Id expect it to be a CPU or RAM bottleneck normally but the framerate doesnt drop so confused as to whats happening. Other than this issue it runs really well.

Advertisement