Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, if not my misses sleeping next to me, I would have shouted out **** you very loudly just now. 3 chest and I got another gloves for lone star and the rest was that final **** set. I **** you not, opened up last chest and I got 2 pieces of it and a bonus roll of another piece!!!! Fuuuuuuuuu! I am not even collecting that ****y set and I got 4 classified pieces already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody come across this?

Yeah it used to happen me every couple months or so. And then it would disappear again. I reckon it's something on their end.

Okay, someone up there heard my rant and had mercy on me lol. I completely gave up and got sick of Lexington, so went just for fun to hudson and do the whole headshot thing. Practice my aim too.
    Collected 3k credits and bought two chest. I cpuld not believe it... I got two missing pieces. So I have now 5 classy lone star! Woot! I presume I better off combining it now with some yellow holster? What skill should I look for?

And sorry for my moaning. Was really pissed off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm looking at lone-star now. You really need the 6th piece as it's very powerful. Some interesting things on youtube.
    It's a dps team build with not great health sustainability (predatory and HoK might work but you're building against it's strengths). Can also raise electronics and run two heals if solo but you will lose dps
    Very important to have the accuracy weapon talent on your gun, no really
    Heavy mag is a good alternative to extended mags as it helps proc the 6th piece bonus more often
    Stamina close to 5,000 to open talents and the rest into Firearms
    Vicious/Deadly is a good combination on your guns
    PvE damage to elites and enemy armour damage
    Big Alejandro or MG5 but already knew that

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm looking at lone-star now. You really need the 6th piece as it's very powerful. Some interesting things on youtube.
    It's a dps team build with not great health sustainability (predatory and HoK might work but you're building against it's strengths). Can also raise electronics and run two heals if solo but you will lose dps
    Very important to have the accuracy weapon talent on your gun, no really
    Heavy mag is a good alternative to extended mags as it helps proc the 6th piece bonus more often
    Stamina close to 5,000 to open talents and the rest into Firearms
    Vicious/Deadly is a good combination on your guns
    PvE damage to elites and enemy armour damage
    Big Alejandro or MG5 but already knew that

From a my builds, this is the most brutal. It shreds stuff and I am not focused purely on damage. Have 5k stamina and skills are a bit all over the place. And that was with 4 plus 2 nomad. I haven't tried it with 5 yet. Right now the last piece is nomad, but I need to change it to some yellow and get a skill.
    I dont know if I need handling. I got a few stability mods and backpack has stability too. Big all is easy to control now. Hungry hog is pretty much a laser in med to long distance.

From what I felt already, putting some hok is waste of time. This set is primarily for groups. That 2 piece nomad plus a skill there and here were useless for me. Specially in a group when chances are you wont get last hit to get advantage of it. Having reclaimer and dps lone star looks like a lot better combo.
    Using flame turret and lunch box right now. This setup helps to keep mobs at distance and still be able to heal myself and downed party members.
    I will try smart cover or whats its called instead. I feel it might benefit lone star a lot.

I have two big alls too, was wondering if it would be good idea to run them both instead of hog. Though I will lose my long range game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Rob2D wrote: »

3:47 onwards hit a bit too close to home :(

I'm missing the Final Measure chest piece but I've given up on it. Got 10,000 GE credits for next weeks event.

tried the lonestar 6 piece, the dps is awesome. went into times square legendary though and died 4 times at the beginning, had to change to predator as I thought I was going to get kicked. Then ran around with reckless abandon.
    Need to adjust my playstyle with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

FINALLY got a ninjabike bag.
    Now to **** around with my builds again

have everything, at a loose end, tried getting on to my brother's account to farm for him.
    two step authentications said no
    well played sony, well played
    seriously let me in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Did what I could for this one, got a good few peices , may have a full set but no idea really. I have 10000 credits banked for next week. Strikers is what I want , strikers was my set when the first round of gear sets got released initially and had always been my main one. Totally missed the ge for it first time so will be cranking it next weekend . Hopefully the 10k credits yeild something

Will be farming resistance during the week to get a head start if any Xbox folks fancy joining

Shadowhearth and skerry need to get over their shyness and let you help them mossym
    next GE has striker and reclaimer
    i'm drinking so this sounds funny in my head

mossym wrote: »
    Did what I could for this one, got a good few peices , may have a full set but no idea really. I have 10000 credits banked for next week. Strikers is what I want , strikers was my set when the first round of gear sets got released initially and had always been my main one. Totally missed the ge for it first time so will be cranking it next weekend . Hopefully the 10k credits yeild something

Will be farming resistance during the week to get a head start if any Xbox folks fancy joining

I am up for it m8. Name is same on xbox Shadowhearth. Just when you droping me invite, say you are from boards. I always ignore all invites. Keeping my friend list clean. I am not facebook type hoarder.

Thing is I usually play late at night after work, when misses passes out. Around 11 to 2ish or days off during the day, while misses at work and ratty in school.

I kind of realising that there is no way I will get lone star holster. So will focus on next event. Its really ass that they are doing events only during weekends. As I chef, I dont agree with these pratices. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Shadowhearth and skerry need to get over their shyness and let you help them mossym
    next GE has striker and reclaimer
    i'm drinking so this sounds funny in my head

Got to WT5 earlier by mopping up collectibles and doing final story mission. Would have loved to team up with some heads here to farm the crap out of it for the evening but had the little one for most of the day as herself is sick.

Did a few runs of Hudson there and swimming in loot now, don't know how many times I had to dismantle sh!te in my inventory mid-run.

Didn't really get a chance to have a good look at what dropped to see if worth keeping. Closest to a gear set I have is 4 pieces of Lone-Star and possibly Hunters Faith, will have a proper look tomorrow.

Managed to get enough credits for 3 superior caches and got some gear set pieces but only one exotic weapon, Historian marksman rifle, not sure if any good was hoping for a good SMG.

Gear score up to 276 now though so happy with that and getting to have a quick dabble in GE after thinking I wouldn't make it on Friday.

Need to decide what way I want to go build-wise now though as I've pretty much being equipping the gear that gives me most DPS and Stamina.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

skerry i'm jumping on now if you want to run some bosses/missions and i'll drop anything that's not a classified :)

mossym wrote: »
    skerry i'm jumping on now if you want to run some bosses/missions and i'll drop anything that's not a classified :)

Cheers dude, won't get on again tonight though, up for work bright and early and head will be spinning if I go back into the fray before hitting the cot. Still trying to wind down after my 5 rapid Hudson runs earlier :D

Will fire you on an friend request there though and will drop a message here when I'm able to get on during the week.

Is there anything I need to do to open up Resistance? I'm finished up campaign except for that last little mission to get access to Underground.

skerry wrote: »
    Managed to get enough credits for 3 superior caches and got some gear set pieces but only one exotic weapon, Historian marksman rifle, not sure if any good was hoping for a good SMG.

I use the Historian a bit, switch between it and an M700 when I need to pick off far targets/disrupt enemies. Decent enough gun.
    skerry wrote: »
    Is there anything I need to do to open up Resistance? I'm finished up campaign except for that last little mission to get access to Underground.

Just take a trip to Camp Clinton as far as I know, then it should open up West Side Pier for you.

The legendary and incursion runs seemed harder this weekend. Generally the modifiers make them easier. I think it was just a case of familiarity breeds contempt. Was taking too many risks.

Napalm in particular was horrible. Reclaimer run was fine and the D3FNC guy did the shield thing but the Nomad and Predator runs were awful. Did have a really fun Napalm run before the reset with Paddybomb from here, my brother and a Swedish guy we'd met. We had one run at the boss fight as the Swedish guy had to go to work (despite there being a lot more snow there than here) Turned into an epic battle. The boss fight on Napalm all this week seemed a lot harder than usual, although some wipes were down to stupid things I did, which is always annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

That was a great run, gimli. Those four bosses at the end were so hard!

I gave Dragon's Nest a run for the first time last night with randoms and had the severe outbreak modifier on. Impossible! Ended up quitting out and doing it again with just the standard modifier on. Even that was stressful.

Can the GE credits from this weekend be used towards the next ones too?

yeah the GE credits can be used next week, it'll be a better one as well with striker and reclaimer up for grabs

• Advertisement

We tried a run at legendary napalm. Gave up at the bosses as we couldn't take down the medic.
    Got 2 killed and had the third on a sliver of health, then he went straight back to full health again. Face melting.

Ran times square relay with randoms and found it handy enough

Yeah Napalm can be head wrecking. It's not always possible but what you need to try and do is kill the guy who bleeds you first (Red something) he's super annoying. The Medic (Widow) too can be a pain but the Bleed guy can insta kill you which can be incredibly frustrating. What I try and do with Widow is flash bomb her and kill her before she's time to heal.

I've found it best to kill one of them before you go down the stairs at all and then once that goes on fire go down two levels, kill another and then head down to the basement.

Yeh we had two down before we went down a floor. Ended up in the basement with two of them but they had us pinned in a corner and the random with us kept throwing his lunchbox down over my reclaimer one.

It's probably the most annoying thing running as a reclaimer, when someone throws down their box just before you. You can't say anything without coming across as a tosser. It actually worked really well with Cal the other day who put down his just to cover the gaps when mine was in cooldown but with randoms you'll often have two or three down at the same time doing god knows what.
    On my D3FNC Napalm run this week I ended up cornered in the basement getting hammered by two bosses with my teammates engaged with the purples upstairs. Actually lost my shield which is rare as it's pretty tanky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Ran Napalm a couple of times as a distraction to Clear Sky and it was a lot of fun. What we did was split into two teams of two.

Pressing "Z" (PCMR :p) it is possible to mark a target. The first player would prime the headshot and then the 2nd player would take the killing shot.

The 4 bosses would go down exceptionally quickly when we did this.

This weekends GE should be easy too. Just stick close to your agents and everything should be grand!

I only ran the legendaries on Outbreak but funnily enough the easiest one was when I matchmaked into a critical one. It's just the thought of running them with uncoordinated randoms fills me with dread.

It's probably the most annoying thing running as a reclaimer, when someone throws down their box just before you. You can't say anything without coming across as a tosser. It actually worked really well with Cal the other day who put down his just to cover the gaps when mine was in cooldown but with randoms you'll often have two or three down at the same time doing god knows what.
    On my D3FNC Napalm run this week I ended up cornered in the basement getting hammered by two bosses with my teammates engaged with the purples upstairs. Actually lost my shield which is rare as it's pretty tanky.
    Yeh me and Cal had that arrangement going as well and it was working grand, until the random at the end.

Moral of the story: Run it with people you know :)

I think we tried dragons nest ( the one with fire truck and 3 sets of double buttons? ) too with some randomers. Some dude just queued us up after lexington.
    Now we were all geared with 270+ ish gear and it was set to legendary and critical. With few wipes we got to the room with that damn truck and buttons. We wiped and wiped hard there. I will say this: it was fantastic to see everyone undergeared and keep trying and getting better at it. Eventually we got good enough to get to last set and activate it, but wiped after that or during. The will was not there anymore so we just left. Still, felt good, like good old wow raids where you wiped countless times, but still making progress.

I was doing a few more lexy runs after work just to collect some of ge credits for next week. Then did world bosses before lights out. Got lucky too with classy reclaimer chest armour.
    High value targets give a good chunk of ge credits too. So did a few to break monotony of lexy runs.

Did a run of resistance before work. You know, expected to wipe at around 10 wave. Just in time to go to work. Well.... we were on wave 22!! My alarm went off to leave home ahes ago lol. I think we could have cleared that one too, but I just was half arsing it and expected to wipe.
    Managed to get classy technician chest out of it. Not bad.

I haven't done a huge amount of research into builds as I haven't had the gear to worry about it but please explain above to my noobish mind (the bit about not throwing a lunchbox before a reclaimer throws his). Trying to avoid any bollockings for future Skerry.

• Advertisement

When you have a box active if you throw another box on top of it the first one overrides the second (or third) until it goes poof. So a reclaimer has super fast heal, immuniser and ammo regen but none of it is working as the first box is dominant.
    The range of the reclaimer is larger than non-reclaimer so you can stand outside the dominant box range and still get the reclaimer benefits but otherwise you are getting screwed by the non-reclaimer box.

It's really not that big of a deal but us reclaimers can get real touchy about it. :)

Advertisement