Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When you have a box active if you throw another box on top of it the first one overrides the second (or third) until it goes poof. So a reclaimer has super fast heal, immuniser and ammo regen but none of it is working as the first box is dominant.
    The range of the reclaimer is larger than non-reclaimer so you can stand outside the dominant box range and still get the reclaimer benefits but otherwise you are getting screwed by the non-reclaimer box.

It's really not that big of a deal but us reclaimers can get real touchy about it. :)

Sound, reckon there was a reclaimer on the first team I ran Hudson with last night so. There was lads lobbing lunchboxes all over the gaff and I seemed to be taking a lot more damage than usual and not dying. Not sure how to tell if reclaimer is on the team but presuming this is why I was such a hard a$$ for those runs :D

There was also a lad with Seeker Mines that were absolutely destroying bunches of NPC's, I'm presuming he has a heap of points put into electronics cos my seeker mines just seem to mildly irritate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

What electronics are you running on yours Gimli?
    I don't have a classy set yet so am running just over 9k to make up for it.
    Does zero damage though, which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I'm not sure either . I wear the reclaimer cap so people know I'm a reclaimer. I'm kidding I do wear it but no-one knows anyway. You can generally tell a reclaimer's in the party as the range of the box is usually enormous, or at least that's how I tell.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    What electronics are you running on yours Gimli?
    I don't have a classy set yet so am running just over 9k to make up for it.
    Does zero damage though, which is annoying.

I have electronics just over 9,000 as this means you can put down the box immediately if it is destroyed by npcs. I had it over 10K but the difference between 9K and 10K is not noticeable and you are better served putting anything left over into firearms imo.You'll notice a big difference with the box once you get the six piece, it's insane.
    You're squishy as hell outside the box and do very little damage. If you run a pulse this helps massively with your own dps but more importantly it buffs your team. It gives over 30% crit hit chance and over 40% crit hit damage and is constantly up.
    I have an M700 Carbon and House with Competent and Determined on both. Cool Headed might be a better option on the sniper I'm not sure. (I think you can get it on snipers)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

. Around 11 to 2ish or days off during the day,

ouch, not going to be much overlap, i'm usually logging off round then to get some sleep. lets see how it pans out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yeah I'm not sure either . I wear the reclaimer cap so people know I'm a reclaimer. I'm kidding I do wear it but no-one knows anyway. You can generally tell a reclaimer's in the party as the range of the box is usually enormous, or at least that's how I tell.

That is one of my gripes in Division. There is no way properly to identify what class party members running. In most cases one reclaimer is more then enough. Half way in to run you realise that other fella is reclaimer too, so you losing out on a lot pew pew pew power.
    I kind of trying to check skills of party members before or at the start of a run. If I see heal and lunch box, then chances are he is reclaimer. Sometimes its a solo nomad. :pac: If we have reclaimer I go lone star, if no reclaimer I swap my setup instantly.
    Lunch box priority thing is stupid too. I hate it so much. I personally thing it is a big deal as a
    wrong lunch box can couse you a wipe very damn fast.

skerry wrote: »
    only one exotic weapon, Historian marksman rifle, not sure if any good was hoping for a good SMG.

not sure any of the exotic smg's are really any good. i got the tommy gun over the weekend, good fun to try but totally not usable long term.

yeah I'd prefer if there was away to better tell what other party members are running. I agree two or more reclaimers will hurt your dps. It shouldn't be fatal, just the opposite in fact but the mission will go on for a lot longer.

On the exotics. The Bullfrog and House are two of the best guns in the game imo. Showstopper and Big Alejandro are arguably best in class. Of course it's important to get the right rolls on them. I have some showstoppers that are useless but have one with responsive and some other damage perk and it's a different gun. I don't snipe a lot but the M700 or SVD are hard to beat.

ah forgot the house, haven't lucked on one yet

mossym wrote: »
    ah forgot the house, haven't lucked on one yet

I thought the eir and hildr would be a good match on the D3FNC but you can't swap weapons when the shield is up. They seem ok but I haven't used either a lot. The Midas in theory is a very good smg to run in a group but I just can't make peace with losing dps yourself.
    I've always liked the MP7 and PP19 which I still use but have plenty of houses to choose from too. I only run the House on 2 characters but I have a good one on a third. It's only 265 and will need to pour some div tech into it.

• Advertisement

yeah I'd prefer if there was away to better tell what other party members are running. I agree two or more reclaimers will hurt your dps. It shouldn't be fatal, just the opposite in fact but the mission will go on for a lot longer.

On the exotics. The Bullfrog and House are two of the best guns in the game imo. Showstopper and Big Alejandro are arguably best in class. Of course it's important to get the right rolls on them. I have some showstoppers that are useless but have one with responsive and some other damage perk and it's a different gun. I don't snipe a lot but the M700 or SVD are hard to beat.

I have 2 bullfrogs and 2 big alls. The bullfrog that I use has very low damage roll, so needs a lot of optimisation. Talents are grand too, but I struggle to see why is it so good. My yellow l-oac just works better. The biggest problem I have is the very random recoil compared to l-oac.

Sound, reckon there was a reclaimer on the first team I ran Hudson with last night so. There was lads lobbing lunchboxes all over the gaff and I seemed to be taking a lot more damage than usual and not dying. Not sure how to tell if reclaimer is on the team but presuming this is why I was such a hard a$$ for those runs :D

There was also a lad with Seeker Mines that were absolutely destroying bunches of NPC's, I'm presuming he has a heap of points put into electronics cos my seeker mines just seem to mildly irritate them.
    You'll usually know by the massive radius of their lunchbox and all the extra icons under your ammo and health. If it's well placed, it'll cover a lot of ground.
    Classy reclaimer on the team basically means you're a bullet sponge unless you're a complete idiot

I have 2 bullfrogs and 2 big alls. The bullfrog that I use has very low damage roll, so needs a lot of optimisation. Talents are grand too, but I struggle to see why is it so good. My yellow l-oac just works better. The biggest problem I have is the very random recoil compared to l-oac.

LVOAC is probably my favourite AR. Basically the LWM4 with vertical rather than horizontal recoil. The bullfrog has very high damage with an insane RoF. Put Responsive and another damage talent on it and it's a better SMG than the actual SMGs, with the possible exception of the House. Running it with an LVOAC or LWM4 with your gloves rolled for AR damage is a pretty good set up. Recoil makes it difficult to use at range but up close it's just a monster.

LVOAC is probably my favourite AR. Basically the LWM4 with vertical rather than horizontal recoil. The bullfrog has very high damage with an insane RoF. Put Responsive and another damage talent on it and it's a better SMG than the actual SMGs, with the possible exception of the House. Running it with an LVOAC or LWM4 with your gloves rolled for AR damage is a pretty good set up. Recoil makes it difficult to use at range but up close it's just a monster.

Picked up a LVOAC last night but not sure about talents. Is Responsive, Deadly and Ferocious a good roll?

Picked up a LVOAC last night but not sure about talents. Is Responsive, Deadly and Ferocious a good roll?

Oh god Yes. Awesome PvE roll. Deadly's probably more a PvP roll, it's still good in PvE but Destructive would be better for PvE.

Oh god Yes. Awesome PvE roll. Deadly's probably more a PvP roll, it's still good in PvE but Destructive would be better for PvE.

Ill hang onto that one so :)

Tried it very quickly last night without mods and wasn't too impressed but was probably just not used to it. Threw a few mods on and have gloves with ar damage bonus and it's pretty sweet

I'd look to load up crit hit damage and chance on it. Red Dot Sight or C79 Scope, Loud Vent Break, Small Grip and extended mag with CHC/CHD or ROF. Snazzy skin and you're good to go.

I'd look to load up crit hit damage and chance on it. Red Dot Sight or C79 Scope, Loud Vent Break, Small Grip and extended mag with CHC/CHD or ROF. Snazzy skin and you're good to go.

Sound, I'll have a gander at what mods I have along those lines tomorrow.

This game is in serious need of an inventory manager app like Destiny has. Spent 20 minutes trying to find out how much of each gear set I have. Closest I haveto a full set is 5 pieces of Fire crest but no idea if any good. I use flame turrsts but I'm not too stacked in electronics so their pretty lame.

new record for resistance, level 14 solo. that's as far as i've made it on my own. happy with that given im not running a classified gear set.

Never really ran firecrest. The sixth piece has a stupid mechanic. When you kill an enemy they sometimes explode in a ball of flame. The stupid bit is if you're within 10m you burn as well.
    Some people love it though,

• Advertisement

new record for resistance, level 14 solo. that's as far as i've made it on my own. happy with that given im not running a classified gear set.

Sent you a request last night mossym. Don't know if you got it. Would have joined up if I seen you online. Was just running underground to see what it was like

Sent you a request last night mossym. Don't know if you got it. Would have joined up if I seen you online. Was just running underground to see what it was like

Yeah pretty sure I accepted it, just ping me any time you see me online

Never really ran firecrest. The sixth piece has a stupid mechanic. When you kill an enemy they sometimes explode in a ball of flame. The stupid bit is if you're within 10m you burn as well.
    Some people love it though,

Have 4 of the below sets too, not sure If anything worth equipping until I get full set though, must see what vendors have to see if I can make a full set of anything.

Hunters faith
    Dead eye
    Lone star
    Tactician
    Alpha

Have 4 of the below sets too, not sure If anything worth equipping until I get full set though, must see what vendors have to see if I can make a full set of anything.

Hunters faith
    Dead eye
    Lone star
    Tactician
    Alpha

You only need 6 if they are classifieds . It's 4 apart from that

You could make a pretty good 4 piece with tactician. I'd need to research it though as I haven't used it myself.

Classified tactician isn't totally op. The 5th piece provides a relatively minor boost and the sixth piece perks are not worth it

You only need 6 if they are classifieds . It's 4 apart from that

Sound, I'll check what's classified and what's not so tomorrow. Still getting my head around the weapon and gear tiers on this.

I'll ping you next time your online line when I'm on so. Hoping to get down sort of a build together for GE next weekend, winging it at the moment

You could make a pretty good 4 piece with tactician. I'd need to research it though as I haven't used it myself.

Classified tactician isn't totally op. The 5th piece provides a relatively minor boost and the sixth piece perks are not worth it

I'll do a bit of research into that so tomorrow

Sound, I'll have a gander at what mods I have along those lines tomorrow.

This game is in serious need of an inventory manager app like Destiny has. Spent 20 minutes trying to find out how much of each gear set I have. Closest I haveto a full set is 5 pieces of Fire crest but no idea if any good. I use flame turrsts but I'm not too stacked in electronics so their pretty lame.
    I've just finished an excel sheet to help me keep track of what I have. Pain in my hole having to keep going into the stash to see what was there and what was needed.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I've just finished an excel sheet to help me keep track of what I have. Pain in my hole having to keep going into the stash to see what was there and what was needed.

Okay, just on that. I was bored on reddit and one lad blew my mind. There is a very simple app on android called Division Classy. Its super simple app, which is just a spread sheet, where you can click and mark what pieces of sets you got. I downloaded at work and just put all my classy pieces in to it and I know exactly what I got now.
    I was really on the edge of taking piece of paper and do old school grid for it, but now I got it on my phone is super clear view! Must have!!!!!

• Advertisement

Okay, just on that. I was bored on reddit and one lad blew my mind. There is a very simple app on android called Division Classy. Its super simple app, which is just a spread sheet, where you can click and mark what pieces of sets you got. I downloaded at work and just put all my classy pieces in to it and I know exactly what I got now.
    I was really on the edge of taking piece of paper and do old school grid for it, but now I got it on my phone is super clear view! Must have!!!!!

Super, I've downloaded that now. Took 20 minutes last night to figure out how many pieces of each set I have, and that wasn't even listing what parts they were, just counting them up. Surely the devs could manage a pop-up when you hover over a set piece that shows you your collection of items from that set.

Anyway, just wondering what the advice is on collecting gear sets. I noticed that vendors have some pieces and some blueprints for pieces. Do folks pick these up as they appear or just wait for random drops? Just wondering if there's something else I should be keeping my Phoenix Credits for?

Advertisement