Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've hardly ever purchased gear sets from vendors. You'll be looking for classified pieces anyway and discarding regular pieces soon enough. Thought I heard the LWM4 blueprint is on sale this week in the terminal, if so you need to spend your phoenix credits on that, if you don't already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've hardly ever purchased gear sets from vendors. You'll be looking for classified pieces anyway and discarding regular pieces soon enough. Thought I heard the LWM4 blueprint is on sale this week in the terminal, if so you need to spend your phoenix credits on that, if you don't already have it.

Sound Gimli, I haven't that many credits so don't want to blow them on items that will probably drop. If I needed one piece to complete a set though and vendor had it I'm guessing it would be wise to pick that up (and then have it drop in the next activity you do :))

I'll check inventory for LWM4 and pick up blueprint if I don't have one, think I read somewhere earlier that the vendor had one alright. I do like a good AR. Haven't really tried LMG's yet so must give one a whirl.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

don't buy gearsets, you'll be flooded in them soon enough. keep your phoenix credits for rerolling gear. you'll be farming for them before long

a few runs of underground and you'll have every set you need. i should be on tonight and can help you there

i had heard of the fabled double bonus item drop, but never had it happen, then on sunday

20180303_215313_zpsop6jife2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

skerry wrote: »
    Picked up a LVOAC last night but not sure about talents. Is Responsive, Deadly and Ferocious a good roll?

Wow! That's an awesome roll! Reroll Deadly for Destructive and you have ourself a god roll PvE weapon.

From the few times I got a LVOA-C and played around with it I found it to be a better weapon than the LWM4. It has a more manageable recoil in that it goes straight up whereas the LWM4 goes up and slightly to the left and right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Re-installed this on the PS4 yesterday for the sneer. Any advice would be welcomed. I think I'm level 27.

Wow! That's an awesome roll! Reroll Deadly for Destructive and you have ourself a god roll PvE weapon.

From the few times I got a LVOA-C and played around with it I found it to be a better weapon than the LWM4. It has a more manageable recoil in that it goes straight up whereas the LWM4 goes up and slightly to the left and right.

Tried it for a bit last night now and it melts. Could do with some extra damage on heavily shielded enemies so will look into re-rolling. Used it in one of the first Underground levels and purple bars were fine but the yellow bar LMG dude at the end took some amount of bullets to get armour down.

Have't tried re-rolling weapons yet, I'll give it a shot later and see how I fare. Presume it will take a few efforts to get the talent your looking for.

Reminds me of the time my brother was introducing me to Destiny and the loot dropped at the end of a match and I was like 'uhm....whats an Icebreaker' :D No clue. He'd been playing it for years and still hadn't picked one up....damn RNG.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Re-installed this on the PS4 yesterday for the sneer. Any advice would be welcomed. I think I'm level 27.

It's fairly overwhelming coming back to this if you haven't played it in a while. For now you need to take baby steps or you'll just get confused. Step 1 Get to level 30. If you're enjoying it come back here for Step 2. :)

You really don't need to reroll the LVOAC much Skerry. Destructive instead of Deadly is about it. It cost 114? Phoenix Credits but every roll costs more until it is 500 a pop. It's RNG so trust me when I say you can lose your mind if you're after something specific.

The gear rolls for general cash but you don't really want to be concentrating on this until you are rolling classified stuff.

You really don't need to reroll the LVOAC much Skerry. Destructive instead of Deadly is about it. It cost 114? Phoenix Credits but every roll costs more until it is 500 a pop. It's RNG so trust me when I say you can lose your mind if you're after something specific.

The gear rolls for general cash but you don't really want to be concentrating on this until you are rolling classified stuff.

I might leave it until I get more credits in the bank so. Any suggestions on taking down the heavily shielded yellow bar dudes a bit quicker. Electronics aren't great so if I lay a turret he just stomps it and I never seem to get to lob it on a crate or anything. I try to do as much damage from afar with marksman rifle and then wear him down with grenades and primary but it takes a long time.

The last dude on the underground mission I did last night creamed me about 4 times before I eventually got him and even at it was down to the wire and he had a sliver of health and was about 2 feet away from me coming around the corner. Satisfying end but my heart nearly jumped out of my chest for a finish. I was assembling gear sets in my sleep then for the night...wound up:D

• Advertisement

You need to try and stack up on Damage to Elites. One easy way this week would be to pick up 5 damage to elite firearms mods in Camp Hudson. These are purple and their FA score is 211 but the benefit of DTE will far outstrip what you lose in FA. It's sad I know this off the top of my head.
    You could roll some gear to DTE or Enemy Armour Damage but this will cost cash. Rolling Destructive onto your LVOAC will also help. Turrets aren't great against elites as they tend to stomp them. Don't overlook something like the pulse which should give more bang for your buck.

shoot the little red boxes on the back of their backpack. that sets them exploding. if you shoot jsut tot he right of them and slowly move in you'll see the yellow hit markers knowing you are hitting it.

the benefit of the turrets is they still hit if hte guy bogs down behind the shield. if he comes out to kick the shield you can then shoot his ammo box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

End-Game Turrets should be treated as distractors, they just don't have the raw damage or durability to be of much use otherwise. Elemental damage such as fire or electricity (paired with their respective perks for extra effect) work best imho. Place them such that they will hit characters as they get close to you, behind walls/desks/columns etc. at a height if you can to prevent stomping, not as you might think to throw them directly into the fray. When a heavy gets within 10 feet, detonate it, even if they run up and kick it while it's fuse is running it will still go off.

As was mentioned earlier for PvE spec. a lot into armour and elite damage on your gear (classifieds have the advantage of allowing you to mod 2 stats, so even if you don't have a full set they will be better for this than standard pieces). My current Nomad build is running about mid 30 and 40 on each respectively, so beyond their extra damage output elites take about as long as vets for me to kill, and they only take about twice as long as normals. As Mossym said though get used to looking for and exploiting all weakspots on the array of heavies and bosses, a couple of relatively easy marksman rifle hits on the tanks of a Kotowski Class Fat-ass (tm) will kill him versus being a backtracking burning mess as you try to saturate that bullet sponge.

Cheers for the input guys. I was a bit reluctant to start modding gear as its only the last few days that I've managed to get gear worth modding and I still haven't decided on what build type I want to go for.

Once I decide what type of build I'll be going with and what gear set pieces I'll start modding for more damage to elites. I know yellow bar 34 dudes are supposed to be difficult but their a feicin chore at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    End-Game Turrets should be treated as distractors, they just don't have the raw damage or durability to be of much use otherwise.

Are you mental? Turrets are lethal. Myself and two mates did all our legendaries one evening using just our turrets and Tac builds. Those things can shred like crazy.

Spent all weekend playing monster hunter because I don't need any classified pieces only to realise this morning that I needed to get one of the outbreak masks that I missed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Also, don't forget the comsumables; Bullets, water etc for extra damage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just got ninja backpack!!! Put some time in to messing around with my gear and made myself really nice nomad 4 striker 3 set.
    I was really meh about bullfrog, but I finally modded it nicely with some stability and its a feeaking beast indeed. Loving it. I have Vicious and Predatory on it.
    Got vector 45 ACP with Predatory, Deadly and Ferocious as free skill.

mossym wrote: »
    don't buy gearsets, you'll be flooded in them soon enough. keep your phoenix credits for rerolling gear. you'll be farming for them before long

a few runs of underground and you'll have every set you need. i should be on tonight and can help you there

Ran into you in Resistance there Mossym, you revived me at one stage. Had a look for you in friends list on dashboard before I started playing but you weren't showing up as online for me.

Good craic, but didn't have much clue of what do do other than shoot stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Rob2D wrote: »
    Are you mental? Turrets are lethal. Myself and two mates did all our legendaries one evening using just our turrets and Tac builds. Those things can shred like crazy.

Try 'em on solo, single weak target, they do not last long enough to do any good as offensive options imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Try 'em on solo, single weak target, they do not last long enough to do any good as offensive options imho.

Solo it'd be harder for sure. Much better to be a demolition man.

But you could build something to make it work. A resourceful backpack, good skill haste, talented + healing skills on your guns, purple DTE's, the right talents and a good overdose. It can be done.

A vanity project for sure though.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Also, don't forget the comsumables; Bullets, water etc for extra damage

I always forget about this. It's terribly fiddly to activate on the PS. The only place I seem to ever remember it is for the four bosses in Warrengate, as they come down the stairs. Drink water, throw a shock grenade, hit tactical link.......... where'd all the bosses go?

I always forget about this. It's terribly fiddly to activate on the PS. The only place I seem to ever remember it is for the four bosses in Warrengate, as they come down the stairs. Drink water, throw a shock grenade, hit tactical link.......... where'd all the bosses go?

It hasn't even occurred to me to use these. I just hand them out to needy citizens for scarfs...I'm that kind of guy :D

There is a lot to get your head around in this game for sure. I'm trying to research getting a build together based on my current stash of gear and I have no clue what to make of any of it.

My current stash of gear sets is below from that handy dandy app ShadowHearth pointed out. Any suggestions on something I could piece together from that without doing a 4 year degree in Divisioning at the Division College for Build Maker-Uppers.

You could make a very good tactician. The tactician 6 piece classified isn't that great compared to a well built 4 or 5 piece. I don't use tactician but you would need to stack everything onto electronics, this will give you very powerful skills. Your FA will be low so you would want to get something good for the free gun perk together with competent (definitely) and probably talented.
    You could run a Barrett's Chest piece with it or probably better if you run a high end chest piece that gives overheal on all your healing skills (I'm sure there's one that does that)
    Probably try and roll some of the gear towards skill haste so your skills come back as quick as possible. You'd need at least one healing skill (overheal or the box probably) and could run an offensive one. The sticky bomb can be terribly offensive particularly if you run the performance mods that give it extra damage.
    If you have a ninja bag you would only need to run three pieces of the tactician and could then run two 1 pieces or one 2 piece in addition, depending on the perks you want.

You could make a very good tactician. The tactician 6 piece classified isn't that great compared to a well built 4 or 5 piece. I don't use tactician but you would need to stack everything onto electronics, this will give you very powerful skills. Your FA will be low so you would want to get something good for the free gun perk together with competent (definitely) and probably talented.
    You could run a Barrett's Chest piece with it or probably better if you run a high end chest piece that gives overheal on all your healing skills (I'm sure there's one that does that)
    Probably try and roll some of the gear towards skill haste so your skills come back as quick as possible. You'd need at least one healing skill (overheal or the box probably) and could run an offensive one. The sticky bomb can be terribly offensive particularly if you run the performance mods that give it extra damage.
    If you have a ninja bag you would only need to run three pieces of the tactician and could then run two 1 pieces or one 2 piece in addition, depending on the perks you want.

Thanks, is that more of a team build? I was researching solo builds as I mostly run solo but Ninja Bike Bag is required for a lot if you don't have full sets. Any ideas on where best to farm for Ninja bag.

I think I need to spend an hour next time I'm on just messing with build cos I haven't paid it enough attention and really should at this stage in the game when I'm taking 5 minutes to take down a heavily armoured yellow bar hoor.

I presume I'd want to know what I'm committing to before I spend a lot of time money and frustration rerolling gear for specific talents for that build.

Tactician would work ok as a solo but you're better off grinding the next GE and getting the 6 set striker or better yet wait for the one the week after and get the nomad. The Nomad GE is still some weeks away you could always fake your death, play all weekend and then deal with the consequences once you have the nomad six set. It's what I'd do. :)

NinjaBike is just a random exotic drop. You could try and play lengendary missions or heroic incursions for exotic caches but you're still in the lap of the rng.

Ran into you in Resistance there Mossym, you revived me at one stage. Had a look for you in friends list on dashboard before I started playing but you weren't showing up as online for me.

Good craic, but didn't have much clue of what do do other than shoot stuff.

yeah i finished a solo run in pier 93 resistance (got a strikers classifieds harness, result!!) and saw you were online and your group was joinable. so i joined, it wasn't a fluke we ended up together!!

you left then so i figured you were done. did a sneaky dark zone run for division tech, not a bad one at all, picked up 20 pieces for my trouble!!

for the pier 93 resistance i've been rocking a 3 piece nomad (one classified), 1 striker (classified), 1 Alphabridge ( classified) and a ninjabike

so that's 4 piece nomad so constant heal and new life every four minutes
    2 piece striker so i get the stability and i can stack the damage mods on teh gun
    2 piece alpha so i get the 15% protection from elites

both guns with predatory destructive responsive. (LWM4 and an AUG).

it's allowing me to farm resistance solo easily enough, guaranteed 1 open of the chest every time. and have gone to 10+ a few times.

for mission farming in group you are pretty much unkillable. but TTK is a little low so i can swap the alpha for another striker and get the increased damage.

it's definitely a setup i'm going to keep on one character. hoping to get a 6 piece classified striker for myself this weekend though

mossym wrote: »
    yeah i finished a solo run in pier 93 resistance (got a strikers classifieds harness, result!!) and saw you were online and your group was joinable. so i joined, it wasn't a fluke we ended up together!!

you left then so i figured you were done. did a sneaky dark zone run for division tech, not a bad one at all, picked up 20 pieces for my trouble!!

I just calved on the floor and I was like...hey ...its that Mossym chap reviving me...what are the chances :D I was nearly finished at that stage and trying to wind down for bed.

Didn't see you showing up as online, would've sent invite when I was jumping in if I did. Could have done with some explanation on what to do. Only copped near the end that I was supposed to put the blue things into the wall...team must have hated me.

Its looking like I need the Ninja Bike bag so any ideas on where to farm one are welcome

I just calved on the floor and I was like...hey ...its that Mossym chap reviving me...what are the chances :D I was nearly finished at that stage and trying to wind down for bed.

Didn't see you showing up as online, would've sent invite when I was jumping in if I did. Could have done with some explanation on what to do. Only copped near the end that I was supposed to put the blue things into the wall...team must have hated me.

Lol, there's nothing worse than a troll that doesn't know he's trolling. TBH Resistance can be painful with randoms, you're much better off running in a group or even solo once you're strong enough.

• Advertisement

Tactician would work ok as a solo but you're better off grinding the next GE and getting the 6 set striker or better yet wait for the one the week after and get the nomad. The Nomad GE is still some weeks away you could always fake your death, play all weekend and then deal with the consequences once you have the nomad six set. It's what I'd do. :)

NinjaBike is just a random exotic drop. You could try and play lengendary missions or heroic incursions for exotic caches but you're still in the lap of the rng.

Faked my death once before so not sure I'd get away with it a second time :D

I'm away with the family Sunday so Friday and Saturday are my only opportunities to do some Striker set farming. Should get a few hours in anyway, little one has a nice 3 hr nap on Saturdays and herself is at work so that prime Division time for me.

Think I've only got one exotic from I don't know how many chests so far so not holding out much hope for a Ninja Bike bag anytime soon

Advertisement