Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The legendary missions and heroic incursions give a guaranteed exotic. You could also do the Underground weekly or LZ weekly mission for a weekly cache, which gives a guaranteed exotic. These are grindy though especially the LZ one and you could end up with a Centurion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Getting a sequel.. wonder will it be still set in New York or will they have a new city.,

Hope it's somewhere warmer. Was freezing playing this during the snow day. Where did you hear about the sequel? There's been strong rumours and Massive have been hiring game developers but haven't heard anything concrete. Lot of talk it could be San Francisco but that could just be internet speculation.
    It's a fair few years off in any event. Not sure what I'll do in the interim. After playing Destiny for 3 years and Destiny 2 for 3 months my giddiness over sequels has been somewhat tempered.

On Pretty Good Gaming, they were saying Ubisoft have been advertising job positions regarding The Division..

I saw recently that Marcostyles had turned down a job as a junior developer with Massive. He gave his reasons but it was difficult not to think he only turned them down 'cos he wouldn't be able to play videogames 24/7. I like Marco but he's a bigger waste of space than I am.
    Think the sequel would be better for it if he'd been on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

It's possible they could be working on more expansions or a second season pass.

They've really taken out the grind though which is what gives the game any longevity. This is going to be further reduced once they make the changes to div tech and loot pools. They could introduce new Gear Sets and activities I guess but none of the DLC really lasted long after their initial launch. I still play UG now and then mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I saw recently that Marcostyles had turned down a job as a junior developer with Massive. He gave his reasons but it was difficult not to think he only turned them down 'cos he wouldn't be able to play videogames 24/7. I like Marco but he's a bigger waste of space than I am.
    Think the sequel would be better for it if he'd been on board.

I watched that video with Marco the other day and couldn't believe hes was turning down that opportunity. He'll regret that later in his life.

Cannot see anymore dlc.. I d say it will be a sequel in a new city.. The game now should have been the game that was released 2yrs ago.. I think they will build on that with a sequel, a new setting in a warmer city would be a huge difference, instead of snow storms they could have sandstorms..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Cannot see anymore dlc.. I d say it will be a sequel in a new city.. The game now should have been the game that was released 2yrs ago.. I think they will build on that with a sequel, a new setting in a warmer city would be a huge difference, instead of snow storms they could have sandstorms..

The Division: New Vegas?

Personally, I'd like to see one of Washington / Boston / Seattle

• Advertisement

Dublin or maybe Castlebar? It's all fine and well saying this is a fine replica of New York but how the hell would I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Dublin or maybe Castlebar? It's all fine and well saying this is a fine replica of New York but how the hell would I know?

It is. Compacted, but it is.

I could get behind a Division: Castlebar. Though not much there other than a few Old Buildings...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Lads, my brother convinced me to get into the Division and I was off work sick a few weeks back so I've leveled up while he's not played much and is still at LVL13.

Just wondering what's the most efficient way to try get him leveled up quicker mission wise? Is it just plough through the story missions on hard and hope I can carry him through it.

I know most would recommend playing through the story and enjoying leveling up but if one was so inclined whats the most efficient recommended method to get someone else leveled up?

Get him to join on you and do an LZ boss run or run some hard / challenging missions where you are. He'll be killed by anything that sees him and won't be able to damage anyone but will rank up quick.
    To be honest he could start a brand new character, get through the prologue and join on you and be up to 13 in no time leaving his main character to play through the mission if he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Get him to join on you and do an LZ boss run or run some hard / challenging missions where you are. He'll be killed by anything that sees him and won't be able to damage anyone but will rank up quick.
    To be honest he could start a brand new character, get through the prologue and join on you and be up to 13 in no time leaving his main character to play through the mission if he wants.

Sound, we tried a mission last week when I was only late 20's and he was around 11 and couldn't get through it as my dude wasn't strong enough to carry him through double the amount of NPC's and his pew pews were doing zero damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I gave a proper run in for my new solo nomad4 + striker3 + bullfrog with ton of stability in underground challenging missions. Ran two and had hunters in both. :pac:
    This build freaking shreds stuff. Dont even use cover much. Still need to play a bit smart, but its not dead brain like D3.
    Loving this build, though its not great at solo DZ. Npcs in landmarks can get really nasty. Got ganked by 4 people zerg right after I cleared landmark and I still managed to burn down one lol.

So next GE starts friday or friday night? Misses going out that night, so my body is ready for some more Lexington. :pac:

Well considering you had 4 people shooting at you and you killed one guy while taking 4 times the damage you were putting out, I'd consider that a success.
    Have you rolled any of the gear? You'll really start noticing the difference once you start min maxing and optimising your better gear. Even optimising the guns can make a difference if you have one with a low GS.
    Stability and Accuracy reduce the uncomplicated perk but someone was saying not by much. I tend not to have any stability or accuracy on bullfrogs but really only use them at smg range.

I just got the fact you're getting the stability from your striker set which wouldn't affect uncomplicated, that's pretty sweet actually

D3FNC will be a good GS for this GE. Extra damage when close to enemies and teammates.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

D3FNC will be a good GS for this GE. Extra damage when close to enemies and teammates.

Oh God no. I f&cking hate shield builds. Guys go right up in front of the npcs and block all their teammates behind them from shooting. Especially bad in Lexington, which is the main farm route. #banthebuild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

mossym wrote: »
    Oh God no. I f&cking hate shield builds. Guys go right up in front of the npcs and block all their teammates behind them from shooting. Especially bad in Lexington, which is the main farm route. #banthebuild

I wonder how Clear Sky will run for this GE. The first section is easy enough because we'll all be up close and personal with the Rikers. They'll be melted down fast.

The second phase is going to be horrible I think. All the Rikers firing from a far distance :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

AGREED! I only keep my tank build for Signal.

Finished monster hunter story yesterday, so I started thinking about Division again :D

Had an epiphany for my PvP build so I hopped on yesterday to make the changes only to run out of div tech while optimising. Time to start farming.

Just managed to get a quick 9 caches extracted there during my tea break. Hello Dark Zone my old friend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I am 130h in to Division and only yesterday I realised I can roll two stats on classified gear. :pac:

My striker/reclaimer solo and group buillts got a lot of elite damage rolls and other bits upped too. Took it to resistance and holy ****. Melting stuff like crazy.

Is there a grip that has no stability or accuracy? Thats the only item I have with these stats on my bullfrog.

About ninjabag now. I have a bit meh roll on it. No ammo and its crit damage on it. My strikers biggest issue right now that it just chews through bullets. So I might reroll that. On the ither hand I would like to roll stability on it to help control bullfrog. So I am really in a pickle here.

I will say one thing about division. Its very long time since I had a game where I was not playing actual game, but playing with gear, builds, optimisation etc. Its fantastic and this game is the one that did it very well. I played so much diablo franchise and Diablo 3 cant really compete with this.

I will say one thing about division. Its very long time since I had a game where I was not playing actual game, but playing with gear, builds, optimisation etc. Its fantastic and this game is the one that did it very well. I.

those of us who were there from the start well remember when this was the games biggest issue. as happens with most of these type games, the game took a long time to get to where it needed to be.

i think i must be somewhere between 1500 and 2000 hours in this, between pc and xbox.

when this was the games biggest issue.

Yup. Remember when the only way to get one of those fancy new "green" pieces was to do Falcon Lost. Or "hour lost" as I used to call it.

That or grind the entire week in the DZ and hope.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yup. Remember when the only way to get one of those fancy new "green" pieces was to do Falcon Lost? Or "hour lost" as I used to call it.

That or grind the entire week in the DZ and hope.

i played a few levels with skerry last night, was telling him about that. when falcon lost was how you got the first four gear sets, and running on normal got you a 163 piece. to get the 192 you needed to run hard , but unless you had a really good team you needed 192 gear to run it, so to get the gear you needed you needed to already have the gear. daft

and once a week you got a weekly reward of a single random 192 piece so to build up a 4 piece set at 192 took a minimum of 4 weeks, and a lot more when you considered you'd get one of the 4 gear sets every week.

that was the real grind in this game :)

Sometimes I think back and I don't know how we managed. As you say, anything you were actually lucky enough to get was subject to some of the harshest RNG ever. You could play 2+ weeks solid and get LITERALLY NOTHING.

To think that today, you can boot up Division, think of a set piece and then go and actually do a thing that will get you that piece probably; it's mind-blowing. Absolutely mind-blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xbox One X enhancement confirmed to release in April.

State of the game is currently live and they are talking about the Division 2.

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Is there a grip that has no stability or accuracy? Thats the only item I have with these stats on my bullfrog.

Small grip? It's max attribute is crit damage so any accuracy/stability on it will be negligible. I'm sure it can be rolled without. Have the blueprint though so probably only keep crit damage, chance and rof. (no chc or rof on grips, now my imagination is just making things real in my head)

I wouldn't worry to much about the ninja bag. Once you have your six set reclaimer or striker it'll be gathering dust in your stash. Bullfrog does chew through ammo though. I like crit damage but you need to stack a lot of it and it's better for pvp, I guess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/82xejg/state_of_the_game_march_8th_2018/

Some new legendary missions and change in drop rates for April update. Hard to see Year 3 holding interest for long though when there's nothing to grind for. I couldn't wait for the first game. Announced in 2013 and released 3 year's later. It was a very long three years.

On March 8, 2018, a sequel to the game, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

On March 8, 2018, a sequel to the game, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, was announced.

That explains the month long GE.

It's pretty clever.

1. Everyone gets geared up to be at parity
    2. Division 2!!!!!!!
    3. Nothing to grind for
    4. Division 2!!!!!!!
    5. Game becomes boring
    6. Division 2!!!!!!!
    7. People drop off
    8. Division 2!!!!!!!

Advertisement