Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Didn't know the GE started today. Thought it was tomorrow. Was off work early so got a few runs in. Classified Striker backpack but not much else of note really from 5 cache's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Hey Superior Assault Cache

I don't need 3 striker holsters from the 6 caches I just bought.

Thanks
    Soon to be depressed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since I had everything from the last mini-GE, I used the saved credits on this GE caches, and got my long missing 6th striker piece.

So, er, that's everything then. Guess I just sit and wait for TD2 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you probably have a few hours to run riot in the DZ, before everyone is a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xbox one x patch too! Woot!!! Now I need to get that 4k tv!

I dont think they will take 3 years again for new division. No point putting all this achievement stuff now, if its still long way away from launch. It wont be this uear, but I bet it will be 2019.

I am sorry, is there legendary difficulty missions, not incursions too? I though all missions are only max challanging.

• Advertisement

Xbox one x patch too! Woot!!! Now I need to get that 4k tv!

I dont think they will take 3 years again for new division. No point putting all this achievement stuff now, if its still long way away from launch. It wont be this uear, but I bet it will be 2019.

I am sorry, is there legendary difficulty missions, not incursions too? I though all missions are only max challanging.

Napalm Factory, Times Square and Warrengate. They are going to add two more Ameysths (close enough) apartment and something else. How do you not know about legendary missions?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I see they're giving away Asher's gear again. Remember when we had to go kill him? And everybody thought it was really cool.

And then they never did anything like that again.

Some of this SHIELD stuff better be retroactive.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Napalm Factory, Times Square and Warrengate. They are going to add two more Ameysths (close enough) apartment and something else. How do you not know about legendary missions?:)

From that dev weekly thing lol. I though its challanging max.
    So these few ones have legendary difficulties? Are they soloable or only group stuff?

From that dev weekly thing lol. I though its challanging max.
    So these few ones have legendary difficulties? Are they soloable or only group stuff?

they are soloable but a lot easier in a group, even randoms. It's really not worth the effort solo, it would just take a lot longer and you could end up getting very frustrated. Napalm for example has four bosses as does Warrington but you really don't want the four lads in Napalm totally focused on you. Guaranteed exotic cache.

mossym wrote: »
    i played a few levels with skerry last night, was telling him about that. when falcon lost was how you got the first four gear sets, and running on normal got you a 163 piece. to get the 192 you needed to run hard , but unless you had a really good team you needed 192 gear to run it, so to get the gear you needed you needed to already have the gear. daft

and once a week you got a weekly reward of a single random 192 piece so to build up a 4 piece set at 192 took a minimum of 4 weeks, and a lot more when you considered you'd get one of the 4 gear sets every week.

that was the real grind in this game :)

Don't think I want to know a Division that's grindier than it currently is. Apart from trying to get up to speed on builds and that I'm kind of glad I wasn't an early adopter.

Cheers for all the drops, productive session, for me anyway. Inventory and stash are out of control though, need to do a serious clear out. Have a good few doubles of non-classified gear set pieces so need to look at rolls and dismantle duplicates or it's going to be a long weekend clearing inventory between runs.

Only got on sporadically for a few runs here and there today. Think I might have 3 classified striker pieces though. Got an exotic shotgun which from a quick look online isn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

10 caches later, 0 striker gear, 1 reclaimer and the rest sentry's call.... Nearly have a full set of a kit I don't want.

**** you RNG. ****. You.

So I guess this means Survival will be forgotten about.

Such a shame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

weapon of choice for this GE has to be showstopper. my non classified striker build with showstopper is melting even the biggies on lexington, flying through the mission, think i have 4 striker classified already from none at the start of the evening

Do people still do Lexington? I did a few runs off Russin consulate. Its pretty damn easy. All close range. Striker and nomad build works perfect.
    Trying to get lmb kills for mask, but no one is doing it, so I tried solo hard Rus cons and it worked fine. Got 50ish kill in one run.

weapon of choice for this GE has to be showstopper. my non classified striker build with showstopper is melting even the biggies on lexington, flying through the mission, think i have 4 striker classified already from none at the start of the evening

Pretty sure there was a guy on my team using that on one of my first quick runs in Hudson. He was absolutely carving through the heavy armour dudes.

Picked up exotic shotty Medved yesterday, haven't tried it but from looking online its not supposed to be great.

Ran a few LZ bosses and with the GE credits I had from last week opened 6 caches this morning. Striker, Sentry and 2 reclaimer pieces. Got a real nice 280 Hungry Hog for my electronics guy that came with competent. I still really like playing this but not sure I have anything really worth playing for.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    not sure I have anything really worth playing for.

PvP rank 99.

I think my main character is only 60 something, it seems to take forever. I guess I could.
    I was looking at my reclaimer today and my fully optimised holster had 4% crit chance. Why the hell did I put 4% crit chance on the reclaimer holster? It's consuming me. If I can't work out why I'm going to get another one.

Do people still do Lexington? I did a few runs off Russin consulate. Its pretty damn easy. All close range. Striker and nomad build works perfect.
    Trying to get lmb kills for mask, but no one is doing it, so I tried solo hard Rus cons and it worked fine. Got 50ish kill in one run.

lexington challenging is still the quickest farming run.

consulate easy? are you running it on hard or challenging? should be pretty easy with the modifiers

consulate easy? are you running it on hard or challenging? should be pretty easy with the modifiers

I was trying to figure out which of Hudson or Lexington were quicker and thought it was Hudson . Probably cos I've mainly run Hudson and I'm more used to it. Did a couple of runs in and around 7 mins but that's dependent on team I guess.

Presume there's no real difference in loot between the 2 and its just a case of whatever gets you GE credits quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Is it? A well gelled team can complete Clear Sky in between 5 to 6 minutes. That will net you 900 + named boss GE Credits.

In other news, finally got my 6 piece strikers <3; Time to go to war in the DZ for all those times I was used as a whipping boy.

Look at all of you with your striker sets, me here with my sentry's call like a sap..

I wasn't around for the last striker GE but through hard work and determination got a six set about a month ago. It's seriously good and I feel bad for anyone in the DZ that doesn't have one. Haven't even optimised mine.

Prefer nomad and have it on my nomad character so haven't really used it. Was ambushed by a solo rogue in the DZ when I was testing it. Man was he sorry.

I bet my build could take all y'all Stryker's. Come at me! :pac:
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Look at all of you with your striker sets, me here with my sentry's call like a sap..

You bad mouthing the greatest gearset of all time??? We might have to have words!

Man, what a morning to be in the DZ. Got stuck behind 2 other guys on my farming route. They cleaned the place, c**ts. Don't these people have jobs?!

Break ended and I got to DZ7 with only 7/9 caches. No good.

JasonS246 wrote: »
    Is it? A well gelled team can complete Clear Sky in between 5 to 6 minutes. That will net you 900 + named boss GE Credits.

In other news, finally got my 6 piece strikers <3; Time to go to war in the DZ for all those times I was used as a whipping boy.

overall i'd say yes. for this ge anyway, must time the runs but it's around that

in a one on 1 a well gelled team might be able to do CS quicker, but overall, if you don't have a well gelled team available you'll always get through lexington quickly, CS can bog down, so long term i still think it's better

there can't be much between Lex and a race through Hudson. Without any testing I'd say Lex is about a minute quicker but it seems longer when you're waiting for the lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've never bothered with Shotties on this before so I took out the Showstopper yesterday for a laugh. Still using my Nomad 6x so not even optimised for shotguns and it was basically : Run up to Boss and group, hold left mouse button for 3 seconds...profit...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Tazzimus wrote: »

The current 'Meta' in this game is really just like fashion, enough popular folks recommend something and everyone wears it, whether it actually fits them or not. Stick with the build that works for you, matches your skillset/playstyle and what you actually find fun to play with.
    When the game launched it was all about Vektor and crits. I had a group that I met ingame and played with regularly for a few weeks that were all about the popular Meta builds. Since I wasn't as time went on they got more and more grumpy that my GS wasn't as high or I wasn't using the Vektor, but I was the one always saving and picking up their asses when it hit the fan. Because rather than going with someone else's directives I (like so many on here) put some thought into my own builds and how they worked for me.

TL;DR - Forget the 'Meta' :) *

* (but yes I'm looking forward to playing with a 6x striker for a while :) )

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    The current 'Meta' in this game is really just like fashion, enough popular folks recommend something and everyone wears it, whether it actually fits them or not. Stick with the build that works for you, matches your skillset/playstyle and what you actually find fun to play with.
    When the game launched it was all about Vektor and crits. I had a group that I met ingame and played with regularly for a few weeks that were all about the popular Meta builds. Since I wasn't as time went on they got more and more grumpy that my GS wasn't as high or I wasn't using the Vektor, but I was the one always saving and picking up their asses when it hit the fan. Because rather than going with someone else's directives I (like so many on here) put some thought into my own builds and how they worked for me.

TL;DR - Forget the 'Meta' :) *

* (but yes I'm looking forward to playing with a 6x striker for a while :) )
    I don't want the Sentrys call set, the game just thinks I do cos that all RNG is giving me ha.

Gonna grind tonight and tomorrow and see where that gets me. Hopefully some striker gear drops this time.

• Advertisement

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    (but yes I'm looking forward to playing with a 6x striker for a while :) )[/I]

Gets old fast if you ask me. Just same old striker but with a heal on it. Fun for a while.

In fact I'm gonna get rid of mine and my reclaimer and just keep a Tac and have one free slot then just for fun builds.

But I may have accidentally destroyed my Tac gloves while sorting my stash :pac:

Advertisement