Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would I be daft to try and jump into the game now? I picked it up ages ago while on sale but never got around to playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Would I be daft to try and jump into the game now? I picked it up ages ago while on sale but never got around to playing it.

This is an excellent question and you're bound to get a lot of differing opinions.

From a game play perspective. That is difficult.

The Division 2 has been announced so The Division will go onto the back burner. They're going to try maintain interest in it by letting you farm for crests that can be carried over into The Division 2 (very sneaky of them imo).

Year 3 will have no major patches and they're also going to make loot much easier to obtain. Everyone will be on parity with a few weeks of playing. I imagine that interest will decline in the game.

From a story and lore perspective. Absolutely!

The Division has fantastic world building and stories to tell so take the time to collect all of the phone recordings etc.. etc.. You won't regret it, it's my favourite post-apocalyptic story by far.

To answer your question: It will be fun for you, that much is guaranteed. Will it hold you till the release of The Division 2? Probably not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

that's it, 6 piece striker done a 290 pair of gloves to complete the set. loads of duplicates though

5 pieces of sentry
    5 pieces of reclaimer

as well. if i can get those closed out i'll go mask hunting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Had a super quick run of Hudson after work and got a bonus exotic of Ninjabike Backpack from cache. First decent exotic I've got, must check the roll on it later.

Presume I shouldn't have much need for high end packs now, between gear set packs and ninjabike I'm guessing the high end ones are dismantling fodder now?

skerry wrote: »
    Presume I shouldn't have much need for high end packs now, between gear set packs and ninjabike I'm guessing the high end ones are dismantling fodder now?

I'd recommend you sell it rather. Min maxing your gear costs money.

Plus you'll get the high from becoming filthy stinking rich :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had a super quick run of Hudson after work and got a bonus exotic of Ninjabike Backpack from cache. First decent exotic I've got, must check the roll on it later.

Some of the high end back packs are still viable for specific builds like tactician or dead eye but I wouldn't worry about it. Stick with your ninja and classies.

Certainly try it, what's the worst that could happen? There's a patch coming in April that will make the grind a bit easier too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Over the last few months the game had a resurgence of new players, and the servers even have short queue times during events now, something not seen since release. There's plenty of new blood around, and plenty for a new player to do. If you already own it, it's just daft to not try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So where do I get my striker classified members card? :pac:

Got so sick of lexington and nothing out of 20 chests. So went russian consulate and do that achievement for mask. Collected 7.5k and got the chests. Bang! Last piece of striker! I could not believe it!

Did a run with it and I kind of like it, but I really miss my nomads hok.
    Do I get 6k stamina for striker set piece bonus? Or its not worth it?

the two best ways of building a striker are 9k stamina or 6k stamina with the rest into FA, imo. I went 6k for the extra FA but never built one to 9k.

• Advertisement

Just need classified striker mask and get 2 classified sentry masks from 2 consecutive caches. What a load of poop

Just need classified striker mask and get 2 classified sentry masks from 2 consecutive caches. What a load of poop

This will explain it for you.

Skip to 3:47

JasonS246 wrote: »
    This will explain it for you.

Skip to 3:47

That's pretty much how it felt :).

Miserable form from the RNGesus. Two exotics too....both showstoppers :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Showstoppers rock right now . Equip that right now and start running lexington

mossym wrote: »

Seen your comment earlier alright and equipped the first one I got and it fairly melts the big dudes alright, absolutely carves through them.

Will be fierce disappointed if I don't come across a Striker mask tomorrow now. Sentry pieces out the a$$ this evening whatever that's about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

mossym wrote: »

It's bloody criminal how fast 4 Showstoppers can run Lexington, regardless of build.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

....Yup....

Legendary missions are so easy with assault. Really enjoyed melting those 4 asshats in Napalm

Ah, Division and "RNG", though I am not talking about chests this time. :D

Went in to Russian comsulate major assault and two English lads were talking on mics, they were definitely in their 50ies! So I connected my headset too and we chatted away.
    They asked me if I am from Ireland and I laughed. Well, I live in Ireland for the last 13 years, but I was born in Lithuania. One lads then goes: " Oh, my wife is Lithuanian!". :D
    So we spent doing good few random missions, chatting away about Ireland, Lithuania, division, having a crack and a good laugh together. They were really sound as hell. Added as friends each other after.
    We were doing just random missions and not grinding credits and it was most fun I had in Division. Even a silent randomer just fallowed us lol.
    In 20 years time I hope I will be just like them. Playing games with headset on my bold head. :)

RNG was only testing me last night. Got my Classified Striker mask from first chest this morning as a bonus item to complete the set. Getting build together now, need a few more mods to get me up to 6k Stamina but even with not being up there yet its a fun build. Carving it up with the Showstopper.

Pretty sure I deleted some mods last night in a fit of mid-run inventory clearing...what a tool.

Taking down heavily armoured elites is no longer a concern :)

Might do a few more runs in a bit when babba is down for nap and try get some gear mods and might mess around with recalibrating some weapons a bit.

• Advertisement

There's a 252 stam mod at the special equipment vendor in the Base with 1% crit chance, pretty decent for a striker, until you get something better.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    There's a 253 stam mod at the special equipment vendor in the Base with 1% crit chance, pretty decent for a striker, until you get something better.

Which npc is that?! I need those for striker build. Have no stam mods with crit.

Which npc is that?! I need those for striker build. Have no stam mods with crit.

up the stairs from the terminal and first left or else in the terminal I'm not sure I just got it from reddit

up the stairs from the terminal and first left or else in the terminal I'm not sure I just got it from reddit

Yeah, found him. Got 5. Stuck 3 mods and it was 5993 stamina. Almost cried. One gear piece was rolled to 1380/1401 so rolled a few times and got 1396. :D 6009 now. 69 with two boobs as my misses pointed out. :D

There's a 252 stam mod at the special equipment vendor in the Base with 1% crit chance, pretty decent for a striker, until you get something better.

Cheers gimli l, just picked it up there. Up to 5550 stamina now.

It's the lad by the stash as you enter the terminal on your left

Cheers gimli l, just picked it up there. Up to 5550 stamina now.

It's the lad by the stash as you enter the terminal on your left

Can you buy and install more than one, will that get you over 6K? Otherwise just roll your gear. If you have an electronics main roll you can roll it out for Stam. If you have a low stam roll >1200 you can try and roll it nearer the max 1401

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Better off to craft a few. 252 is a very low roll.

So I had a look at Amherst's Legendary. Looks to be the easiest of them all.

And after playing Division for well over 1000 hours since the beta I can say that today I learned there is a ladder you can go up onto the roof of Amherst's after you come out of his apartment.

Mad :pac:

Rob2D wrote: »
    Better off to craft a few. 252 is a very low roll.

So I had a look at Amherst's Legendary. Looks to be the easiest of them all.

And after playing Division for well over 1000 hours since the beta I can say that today I learned there is a ladder you can go up onto the roof of Amherst's after you come out of his apartment.

Mad :pac:

Where do I pick u the Blueprints for the likes of Stamina Mods?

Have all the striker set now, is there much point buying anymore caches now? I'm thinking of starting to squirrel away credits for next weeks event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Where do I pick u the Blueprints for the likes of Stamina Mods?

Yer'man behind the ticket counter thing. Blueprint guy.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yer'man behind the ticket counter thing. Blueprint guy.

Ah, Old Blueprint Guy, I know him well. For some reason I thought I checked him earlier and he didn't have any Stamina Mod blueprints. He hooked me up there anyway, sound lad. Up to the desired 6k Stamina now :D

Advertisement