Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

His twin brother is in Camp Clinton as well, sells other blueprints as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Tazzimus wrote: »
    His twin brother is in Camp Clinton as well, sells other blueprints as far as I know

They were always nice people those Blueprints.

Anyway guys, halp. I can't decide.

Should I stay going with this:

s6ykkGYh.png

Or go for savage + 3 banshee?

fUtEoBLh.png

Those savage were an old blank pair I kept so they've still to be optimised, or get a nicer pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

skerry wrote: »
    Ah, Old Blueprint Guy, I know him well. For some reason I thought I checked him earlier and he didn't have any Stamina Mod blueprints. He hooked me up there anyway, sound lad. Up to the desired 6k Stamina now :D

Make sure to check the Power, not just level. I.e. you can have 2 level 30 items, but the truly high end will (currently) also say Power 34. They really need to work on the classification system for mods.

I'm still sitting on 5pc for each of the sets for this GE but I finally got my last Hunter's faith piece last night as a random drop and tuned the set to 9k Firearms. It's quite a shock going from super-tanky Nomad to a glass-cannon but christ...what a cannon :). Builds 100% extra damage in 4 shots with a 235% headshot bonus. I can easily 2 shot bosses with my current Covert-SRS. Is it worth trying to M700 instead? they seem pretty similar to me but it does appear to be a more common choice.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Is it worth trying to M700 instead?

Of course. SRS was always garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Rob2D wrote: »

I've come across a few versions of the M700, regular, tactical and carbon. Are they all similar or is there a standout, or does it just depend on the roll?

Also how does one get the cool gear like above, the army looking type stuff with the cool helmets and such. Seeing as I'm a bit of a badass now I'm thinking I need to look the part :D Please tell me it doesn't involve farming Lexington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

crafting mods is tough without resources
    234 skill haste
    236 crit chance
    267 all resistance
    231 crit chance
    fu game
    252s not bad for where they're at, it's a little low but the damage difference is small

I like playing falcolns lost with bad players. Today I think I had the dream team. first guy stayed up top never jumped in. 2nd guy ran in and went to the pit and never left. Third guy only seemed to think there was one switch on the left and he kept dying trying to get to it. Four plants, three of them solo, multiple revives, last alive several times (not counting guy #1) it was awesone

Is it worth trying to M700 instead? they seem pretty similar to me but it does appear to be a more common choice.

M700 is the best ohk but fires slow. I don't snipe but reckon if you were looking to chain quick headshots, could do it (and if you're playing on a pc) a faster firing sniper might be better for hunter's faith

yeah I got a 334 grip I didn't have from him today or maybe a muzzle

I have around 7000 GE Credits in the bank folks but I have the full Striker set now. Should I be keeping them until next week or is there something other than the odd chance of an exotic worth cashing them in for this week? I'm presuming I can bank them until next week and they won't be lost.

Whats the classified set on offer next week, had a google there but didn't really specify anywhere that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Reclaimer is worth getting if you have some bits already

Next weeks sets are:
    Banshee
    Nomad
    D3FNC
    Predators Mark

• Advertisement

Reclaimer is worth getting if you have some bits already

Next weeks sets are:
    Banshee
    Nomad
    D3FNC
    Predators Mark

Sound, I actually had a quick look in my stash and noticed I was short a pair of gloves for the full Reclaimer classified set. Bought one cache and bam....pair of classified Reclaimer gloves.

Figured I'd quit while I was ahead then so I reckon I'll keep remaining credits for Nomad set next week.

Is Sentry set worth completing?

I've never used Sentry, it used to be meta and then it wasn't. It's allegedly very good for you and your team if you can hit headshots.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never used Sentry, it used to be meta and then it wasn't. It's allegedly very good for you and your team if you can hit headshots.

Mossym was saying the other night it used to be the meta way back alright. Think I'll save my shekels for Nomad set next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally getting around to trying the global event and just saw that too unlock the masks, you have to complete commendations that all have the condition that you are WT 5. I'm just on 3, my gear score is 208. Hopefully I can get to WT 5 for the next global event. I would absolutely love the hockey mask.

Also, I see I get 14 GE credits for completing a mission but need 900 to open a GE cache? Surely there must be a way to earn more as a basic GE cache is 900.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finally getting around to trying the global event and just saw that too unlock the masks, you have to complete commendations that all have the condition that you are WT 5. I'm just on 3, my gear score is 208. Hopefully I can get to WT 5 for the next global event. I would absolutely love the hockey mask.

Also, I see I get 14 GE credits for completing a mission but need 900 to open a GE cache? Surely there must be a way to earn more as a basic GE cache is 900.

If you have collectibles such as echo's, phone recordings and intel left to collect on the map you should zip around and collect what you can as you get a nice bit of XP from these once you get to level 30.

Really need to be at WT5 for GE credits as you'll get 750 credits for completing each mission run in challenging so for every 2 runs you'll get superior cache.

I managed to get from WT1 to 5 in a couple of days last week by just running around picking up collectibles and doing the last couple of story missions. You'll get there before next weekends event easy enough.

Haven't got any of the masks yet, seems like a bit of work to get them.

So I'm trying a M700, it does feel a bit better than the Covert SRS but I wouldn't call the latter garbage in comparison. It's lower damage, slightly worse recoil but faster reload. Then again faster reload is not a huge advantage with a 120% mag and trying to stack the Hunter's damage bonus so ultimately yep it is better. I just need to get a better version.
    I ended up downgrading to 7.5K firearms and boosting stamina, and then electronics slightly to activate more talents, namely predatory now on the rifle. It does come at the expense of damage obviously but my runs have been much smoother with it on there. The drop from 9k (15/30 bonus) to 7.5k (11/22) is not that bad as long as you can land headshots it's just a 1 bullet difference to 100% max bonus.

Have a ton of Intel on the map, picked up a few, got 2 caches with great gear, straight to WT 4. Yupp, gonna just pick up handy Intel, get to WT 5 and hit the next GE when it's out.

Thanks for the tip, in my short session of collecting Intel, just made it to wt5 and unlocked some serious gear, like waaaaay better than what I had. Starting to feel like a bit of a bad ass. So, for GE, do they pick certain missions that are active with ge rewards that you play over and over with 2 different modded versions of each also?

I saw the hockey mask needs 50 lmb kills at wt5, handy I thought until I saw that's phase 1 and there are 3 phases after that. Yupp, might be grindy alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Thanks for the tip, in my short session of collecting Intel, just made it to wt5 and unlocked some serious gear, like waaaaay better than what I had. Starting to feel like a bit of a bad ass. So, for GE, do they pick certain missions that are active with ge rewards that you play over and over with 2 different modded versions of each also?

I saw the hockey mask needs 50 lmb kills at wt5, handy I thought until I saw that's phase 1 and there are 3 phases after that. Yupp, might be Grundy alright.
    It's easily doable in a day. I did it today and only spent a few hours at it. Running Grand Central station a few times and was done. Remember though it needs to be on the harder ge difficulty, meaning the snipers were a pita. The mask is cool though

Full reclaimer set now too. Just need sentry kneepads and I have everything.

I saw the hockey mask needs 50 lmb kills at wt5, handy I thought until I saw that's phase 1 and there are 3 phases after that. Yupp, might be grindy alright.

Congrats on hitting WT5 :). As for feeling like a bad ass, one of the best aspects of this game is getting to feel that way is more than just grinding, it's making well informed choices on the myriad of build options. If you can go through the enemy like a knife it's because of a variety of skills beyond reflex and aim. So again, Kudos.

Unfortunately that hockey mask needs 500 LMB kills. A lot of the commendations are a little misleading at first. As you noticed there are multiple coloured segments for each, so the number it shows in the description is often per segment, and that can increase over time. I finished it today by repeating Grand Central Station (just like Mr. Mossym), you get about 60-70 kills per go. You can optimise your time by dying at the end, kills before count aswell so you can use this to skip the slower parts. If you die on the final ramp, in sight of the end, you can get about 15-20 kills in 2 mins or so. Yep, ultra grindy but it's up to you if you really want the mask in the time you have left. For what it's worth my fave mask is actually on week 4, the Cage mask, and it's not hard to get afair. But everyone's different.

• Advertisement

Just finished my first Solo legendary, which means I also just did my first legendary :D, Time Square and it took about an hour with my Nomad build. It was good fun but I don't think it's an efficient farming method outside of Div Tech (30!..I'd have to do about the same time in the WSP for the same). I did get the Devil MMR out of it though, and it looks pretty damn cool. Not bolt action so not too much use on Hunter's Faith but the exotic perk sounds like one of the best designed in the game. Head shot, 30% stability for 15s, body shot 30% headhot for 15. Just head-body-head-head... and I think it'll make an excellent battle rifle for the Nomad build.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lexington boss droped me a Showstopper... **** talents, but still a Showstopper!

So.. Showstopper, full striker, this ge event... its ****ing brutally fun lol.

I got that mask yesterday, just ran Russian consulate. The annoying thing is, that even if you set matchmaking to look for Major assault, it still puts you in to normal assault.
    Hockey mask and a russian trapper hat - best psycho look. :D

I think it'll make an excellent battle rifle for the Nomad build.

Garbage. An MDR beats Devil and Heel together easily.

Also, regarding Sentry:

It is the best thing you can run in a team. The overall damage it offers is the best, was the best and always will be the best. Hunters faith may have overtaken it straight DPS-wise now, but that only applies to you and a single target.

3 Sentry and a healer is the absolute hot knife through butter for all content in the game except Clear Sky or Signal. Those are special.

4 Sentry and drop the healer even better if its 4 good players. Nothing in the game can withstand the kinds of numbers you'd be pushing out.

Garbage. An MDR beats Devil and Heel together easily.

Also, regarding Sentry:

It is the best thing you can run in a team. The overall damage it offers is the best, was the best and always will be the best. Hunters faith may have overtaken it straight DPS-wise now, but that only applies to you and a single target.

3 Sentry and a healer is the absolute hot knife through butter for all content in the game except Clear Sky or Signal. Those are special.

4 Sentry and drop the healer even better if its 4 good players. Nothing in the game can withstand the kinds of numbers you'd be pushing out.

Awesome.

But I disagree.

Back 'when' my first full class set was Sentry, it suited my style and was so hard to get that I remember the day I completed it , with help from friends. At that time I had a good group of friends I had roped into playing this (vs. having lived in the US for over a decade and effectively losing them when I moved home). It was a great set, and exotics sucked, so for a team it was a fantastic way for someone who would otherwise be labelled as a sniping-camper-fk to contribute. Then it got nerfed, like most other good sets. After much patching criticism the devs promise to always add, instead of remove, and this of course was walked back on. (for anyone not familiar in a lot of ways the Div 1.0 was better than, up to, Div 1.5, the B team handled patching, what you see in 1.8 is the original attitude and skill with time).

I know Sentry is better in a team. I know as someone now playing this on the PC, having lost his original play partners, that it is not a good solo option. Or at least is not yet without progressing (back to) 6x bonuses. I have an MDR, it's ultra low level but on my list to upgrade and include in specific builds (anything that procs TOD), and the fact I have a list after 500 hours or so speaks to how far the game has come).

The viewpoints I offer have without reservation or shame been offered as a primarily solo player. And again pointing to the strength of this game, have been quite different to those who more heavily favour MP. I respect what you have said. If you play on the PC I'd love to play with you. But until then, not everything outside your frame of reference is "Garbage" **

** I know at this time of the morning in Ireland you are likely aswell into your drink of choice as me :D

Ran grand central this morning, couldn't get up the last ramp on solo, I'm really not built for close range combat. Decided to Squad up and was much easier with even 1 other guy. Got 100 lmb kills. Won't have time to play much more today but would have handily for 500 if I was playing from the start of the event, sickened. Saying that, enjoying the ****e out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Lexington boss droped me a Showstopper... **** talents, but still a Showstopper!

So.. Showstopper, full striker, this ge event... its ****ing brutally fun lol.

I got that mask yesterday, just ran Russian consulate. The annoying thing is, that even if you set matchmaking to look for Major assault, it still puts you in to normal assault.
    Hockey mask and a russian trapper hat - best psycho look. :D

You're better off starting the mission and wait for people to join you. That way it's set-up under your conditions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

and done. needed sentry kneepads, running the bosses to get credits for another chest and one of the bosses dropped them as a random drop.

might start logging credits for next week now

have all four characters at 291, never happy. There's always one piece I'd roll differently. Think that's what's so good about the game, there's several ways to build a character. Made a right mess of my tactician though can't seem to get it the way I want - running as a five piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Just started playing this game again, i tried it a few times about a year ago but just couldn't get the hang of it at all.

Started playing it again the last few days and starting to get a bit more into it now. But I am really a complete novice and just trying to get my head around everything.

Anyone got any tips for a complete newbie at this game :confused::confused::)

• Advertisement

I know Sentry is better in a team. I know as someone now playing this on the PC, having lost his original play partners, that it is not a good solo option.

Then you should know not to disagree. The game isn't always going to be a solo affair. You should always have a multitude of sets on hand ready to go for any solo or team situation.

Just because you don't always play in a group doesn't mean you can advise against having a set good as Sentry ready to go.
    But until then, not everything outside your frame of reference is "Garbage"

In this this case it is. Nobody is going to convince me that the SRS or Devil/Heel are worthwhile when there are clearly better choices out there. At the end of the day you have to pick a top tier or you're just hurting yourself.

We have a lot of new players in here looking for advice, so we need to be frank. Straight to the point answers on what is the best and what is not. Otherwise they will never catch up this late in the game.
    If you play on the PC I'd love to play with you.

Well I was thinking of getting the clown mask sometime today if you want to join in. Same goes for any other PC user here that wants it. My UPLAY is Rob2D, same as here.

Advertisement