Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Just started playing this game again, i tried it a few times about a year ago but just couldn't get the hang of it at all.

Started playing it again the last few days and starting to get a bit more into it now. But I am really a complete novice and just trying to get my head around everything.

Anyone got any tips for a complete newbie at this game :confused::confused::)

Finish and enjoy your 1-30 first and don't think about it too much. Then come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just started playing this game again, i tried it a few times about a year ago but just couldn't get the hang of it at all.

Started playing it again the last few days and starting to get a bit more into it now. But I am really a complete novice and just trying to get my head around everything.

From a person who only got into the game a month ago I'd agree with above, enjoy the story and worry about gear sets etc when your level 30.

Do the Benitez mission asap as you get an xp boost once you complete that. Can't remember exact details but give it a Google and you'll get them.

Also, this game really punishes you for straying into levels and missions that are even slightly above your current level so don't stray too far ahead of yourself or it'll get very frustrating very quick.

There's so much to learn about builds and that once your done the story missions and loads of advice on here. Enjoy the grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Always matchmake. There's no need to solo everything. Hopefully you are on PlayStation as there's a ubisoft sale on the store. So there's a very good chance you'll meet other low levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Thanks everyone...
    Rob2D wrote: »
    Finish and enjoy your 1-30 first and don't think about it too much. Then come back to us.

Yea, i'm only at level 12, so a long way to go...
    skerry wrote: »
    From a person who only got into the game a month ago I'd agree with above, enjoy the story and worry about gear sets etc when your level 30.

Do the Benitez mission asap as you get an xp boost once you complete that. Can't remember exact details but give it a Google and you'll get them.

Also, this game really punishes you for straying into levels and missions that are even slightly above your current level so don't stray too far ahead of yourself or it'll get very frustrating very quick.

There's so much to learn about builds and that once your done the story missions and loads of advice on here. Enjoy the grind.

Cool, ill keep a look out for that mission.
    I got invited to a much higher level mission and gave it a try, cant remember which one it was but I was just constantly needing to be revived and seemed way off my level - wont be trying that again for a while.
    Always matchmake. There's no need to solo everything. Hopefully you are on PlayStation as there's a ubisoft sale on the store. So there's a very good chance you'll meet other low levels.

I'm actually on xbox...
    I'm matchmaking now and finding missions much easier, when i tried this game a year ago, I was doing everything solo and getting nowhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Each region has a recommended level on the map and a story mission or 2 with lots of side stuff. Each region has a safe house where when you go to reach one, it acts as a spawn point and you unlock the side quests to appear on the map. Clearing out a region gives you an XP boost and nice gear and will see you are at or above the level for the next region. If you are having trouble with a story mission because of being underlevelled (even a few levels under will make it tough) go back and do some side stuff to level up. If you are getting burnt out with the side stuff, push on with the story and match make to join a group as said above.

Also, as stated, don't worry about gear. I always found I was using slightly underlevelled gear and then you hit level 30/finish story missions and the gear really opens up then.

Enjoy the story and the world, ubi did a fantastic job with it.

Lastly, don't even try to understand what the lads are on about here with predators, reclaimers, showstoppers, classifieds, etc and like above, come back when your 30 for tips on a whole new game experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

get a good sniper (a bolt action is probably the best) on your way to 30 and prioritise ranking up the medical wing as much as you can but upgrade the security and tech wings asap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Only got back into this yesterday. Pretty much deleted everything and just kept a striker build. What's the best and fastest way to get the classified gear?. Solo mainly.

Global Event World Tier 5 and farm Lexington challenging, do a couple of weekly HVTs to break things up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

One of my many Lex runs yesterday had a level 12 character in it. They basically had to hide for the whole thing, level 15 by the end I believe. Actually ended up with two of us bulling through it as the other person kept running in and dying pretty much straight away.

Did a few Lexi Runs but no classified gear. Am I better off with doing the resistance or can they drop from anything? Bought two of the Assault caches alright and got two pieces of striker gear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Did a few Lexi Runs but no classified gear. Am I better off with doing the resistance or can they drop from anything? Bought two of the Assault caches alright and got two pieces of striker gear.

Lexington just gives you credits to buy the caches. It's just one of the quicker ways to get credits

mossym wrote: »
    Lexington just gives you credits to buy the caches. It's just one of the quicker ways to get credits

Yeah I copped that alright. I had to pull myself away from it there. Must of did it about twenty times in a row with randoms. Had Spotify on in the background so was grand.

Lads is The Showstopper actually good or was it just the modifier this weekend giving it a false sense of awesomeness?

Also what's a good roll for a shotty cos I've got 2 of them and plan on flogging the worst of the two.

Anyone up for a squad on PS4?

Lads is The Showstopper actually good or was it just the modifier this weekend giving it a false sense of awesomeness?

Also what's a good roll for a shotty cos I've got 2 of them and plan on flogging the worst of the two.

hugely inflated this weekend, the assault multiplier is making it hugely more powerful than it usually is. I have one that rolled with responsive on it and i;ve never found it much good, but this weekend it's a melter. i still haven't tired of running lexington with it. so much fun.

however, i ended up farming times square legandary this evening, 1575 credits a run, ran it with 3 different characters so 3 exotic caches as well. it's very quick if you get a team that knows what it's at, and double the ge credits . given i still haven't had a house drop i'm tempted to

1) run it again after the reset tomorrow night to see if i can get a house
    2) blow my credits on the smaller chests as they are supposed to have a higher drop rate for exotics.

hugely succesful weekend though. full sets of all 3 on offer, plus the mask for 500 lmb. mutlipes of some items, so i'll roll mixes of stamina, electronics and firearms on them so i can go tanky or cannon as needed, especially on the striker, will have a 6k and 9k loadout saved so i can quickly swap

have a nice relcaimer build with cadeuceus set up so i am healing team even if not in range of my station. pure support build but it's fun to run. haven't really played around with the sentry yet but i did a couple of runs with no mods attached and just did pistol headshots for fun. pretty sure the team killed everyone not me but i'll get that optimised and then take it for a real run. been a while since i specced for headshot damage. almost tempted to do it with an m1a in memory of one of the biggest metas the game had

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

It's the event really. It was never that good even now that it got buffed. It was the worst weapon in the game for a long time. An sasg will beat it every time.

Brutal and responsive for shotguns. Responsive a must.
    tempted to do it with an m1a in memory of one of the biggest metas the game had

RIP the laser beam. NEVER FORGET.

it's good with the right rolls, Responsive , responsive and responsive. Also if you're running a six piece striker this is your secondary.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone up for a squad on PS4?

Missed this last night but yes, if you want to run the legendaries and a couple of the heroics next GE I'm in.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Missed this last night but yes, if you want to run the legendaries and a couple of the heroics next GE I'm in.

I did the Russian consulate a few times with some randomers, flew through it, got to 1000 get credits before finishing up so I said I'd at least but a cache before the event expires. A single gold weapon that I dismantled straight away, absolute waste. Only gonna open superior in future. Do ge credits transfer from one event to another?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I did the Russian consulate a few times with some randomers, flew through it, got to 1000 get credits before finishing up so I said I'd at least but a cache before the event expires. A single gold weapon that I dismantled straight away, absolute waste. Only gonna open superior in future. Do ge credits transfer from one event to another?

yup you'll have your credits for next week. It's the big one for solo players or the ultimate troll team in the DZ, ladies and gentlemen I present to you. . . NOMAD (there's a sound track now playing here in my head I think it's from the band that the lead singer was married to Gwyneth Paltrow)

I usually do one run on Lex to get into tier two. Don't have a team to run Clear Sky, got around 6500 in the hour this GE.

• Advertisement

it's good with the right rolls, Responsive , responsive and responsive. Also if you're running a six piece striker this is your secondary.

Sound, have it as secondary on my 6 pc striker alright. Must check the rolls when I get home

i have a responsive showstopper. there are better shotguns you could look for skerry. sasg hits much harder.

plus, you need to consider if running a shot gun as secondary is your best bet. i don't. it's a 50/50 gun, if you hit you get loads of stacks up really quckly. but if you miss you can lose all your stacks very quickly too. shotgun means getting very close to the enemy too. i'm a more assault rifle kind of guy, even back when m1a/aug or vector was the meta i had an AR.

all depends on how you like to roll,up close and personal or from a distance.

personally i'm farming a house to run as my secondoary to my LVOA on my 6 piece striker

got my 7th or 8th house this weekend, terrible rolls. My best rolled house is at 265 and I haven't even used it. I only run two
    Nomad - responsive and destructive
    Reclaimer - determined and competent
    265 one - deadly and a free roll (might put vicious on it)

On my Predator I have an MP7 and it just melts npcs. The D3FNC build has a PP19 but it's my heaviest stacked character for Damage to Elites and Enemy Armour Damage and does crazy PvE DPS. I run SMGs on all characters.

i have a responsive showstopper. there are better shotguns you could look for skerry. sasg hits much harder.

plus, you need to consider if running a shot gun as secondary is your best bet. i don't. it's a 50/50 gun, if you hit you get loads of stacks up really quckly. but if you miss you can lose all your stacks very quickly too. shotgun means getting very close to the enemy too. i'm a more assault rifle kind of guy, even back when m1a/aug or vector was the meta i had an AR.

all depends on how you like to roll,up close and personal or from a distance.

personally i'm farming a house to run as my secondoary to my LVOA on my 6 piece striker

Pretty sure I have a coupe of SASG I'll chekc rolls. Not a big shotgun user generally (in any game) but showstopper was a must this weekend.

Was running my LVOAC with an SMG as secondary all along so must see how that works with Striker as I ditched that once I got showstopper.

Hoping to pick up a nice AR with predatory as it's supposed to compensate for not having more stamina on my striker build.

Might hit you up during the week for house farming if your looking for teammate who's not as squishy as last session. Would like to see what the fuss is about and wouldn't mind picking up a couple of exotics before the weekend.

Predatory's a very good roll. I have it on everything except Nomad which has native HoK and Reclaimer, which lets face it doesn't need any additional healing.

Pretty sure I have a coupe of SASG I'll chekc rolls. Not a big shotgun user generally (in any game) but showstopper was a must this weekend.

Was running my LVOAC with an SMG as secondary all along so must see how that works with Striker as I ditched that once I got showstopper.

Hoping to pick up a nice AR with predatory as it's supposed to compensate for not having more stamina on my striker build.

Might hit you up during the week for house farming if your looking for teammate who's not as squishy as last session. Would like to see what the fuss is about and wouldn't mind picking up a couple of exotics before the weekend.

no bother, if you see me on just join my group, busy at work this week so might not be on every night but should be on a good bit.

i think i saw OptimusTractor on last night as well, we might end up with a 4 man squad from boards yet!!

no bother, if you see me on just join my group, busy at work this week so might not be on every night but should be on a good bit.

i think i saw OptimusTractor on last night as well, we might end up with a 4 man squad from boards yet!!

Cool, away for a few days myself so will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday evening for me. I'll ping you if I see you on shur

yup you'll have your credits for next week. It's the big one for solo players or the ultimate troll team in the DZ, ladies and gentlemen I present to you. . . NOMAD

That's something I haven't given thought to yet but really have to, builds. I have loads of gear sets, not usre if I have a full set but never looked into the stats with each, just what had the highest score (and highest health mostly). Will need to go through them and find what suits my playstyle.

Found the Assault GE tough solo as I am a range fighter, completely new gameplay to be running right into the enemy.
    Cool, away for a few days myself so will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday evening for me. I'll ping you if I see you on shur

Skerry, Mossy are ye on PSN?

I like the look of the jungle mask in the next GE starting Thursday, will be making a play for that. Anytime I was in a group last night, absolutely melted the enemies, definitely the way to go over solo.

Don't have a clue about the new Strike GE though and exploding enemies, should be interesting.

I've this on both Xbox and PC, not psn unfortunately.

• Advertisement

The next GE enemies explode when you kill them, can do a fair bit of damage but it's not too bad. The last time it took me several hours to stop barrel rolling away from enemies after I killed them, when things returned to normal. Running Lexington for 10+ hours will do crazy stuff to your brain.

Advertisement