Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah because when I need accurate game information I always go to SMYTHS :rolleyes:

I didn't even know they were still alive.

I think your cynicism missing the point...

When shops put up preorders there is a big chance they ****ed up and released information theu shouldn't. Most likely they got date when game releases from their own sources. We officially dont know when it will be launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I also think it'll be released relatively quickly, besides the points made there was a report back in the early days that the Snowdrop engine was capable of much more at release and that it was toned down on the PC to avoid making the console versions look worse in comparison * . A 2nd comment by Massive mgmt attempted to debunk the reasoning but didn't actually say it couldn't have run with even higher detail, more that the console part wasn't a factor, very likely simple FPS even on high end PCs suffered too much. But it does also validate that the original comment came from a member of the team. Regardless it seems they already have a platform that would show improved visuals so likely not a lot of dev work for the engine.

* As I have to say any time I make a comment like this I have both major consoles, this is not a PC-master race comment

Held Back :
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/50229/division-pc-held-back-unfair-consoles/index.html

Not Held back :) :
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-pc-not-held-back-ubisoft-says/1100-6434609/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Had a few more mods picked picked up from the GE so spent a bit of time tweaking my Striker. Got him up to nearly 7k firearms. Had a pop on Underground and came across my first Hunters (least I think they were Hunters, haven't come across them before). Anyway, he absolutely melted them.

Really notice the 1k extra firearms. Changed super from Seeker Mine to Pulse too and finding it much more useful.

Ah, RNG.... So after work I opened my GE reward chests. As I said before, I mostly ignored last event and did not worked on getting missing pieces. One of the chests droped me predators mark chest piece, which was the last piece I was missing lol. Really tempted to make a pvp build out of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's important to get the Striker to either 6K or 9K stamina the rest can go into firearms, with the Predator it's a no brainer 9K stamina and load up on crit hit damage and crit hit chance.

Really need to optimise the Striker and see what it's like. Spent all my div tech upgrading two houses. The one on the D3FNC has hurried and accurate, still better than the pp19 I was using, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

skerry wrote: »
    Had a pop on Underground and came across my first Hunters (least I think they were Hunters, haven't come across them before). Anyway, he absolutely melted them.

After you defeat a round of hunters, promote someone else in the fireteam to leader and there is a big chance you will spawn more hunters later, repeat this after each hunter appearance. You can just swap it back and forth, you don't need to rotate through all members.

Ah, RNG.... So after work I opened my GE reward chests. As I said before, I mostly ignored last event and did not worked on getting missing pieces. One of the chests droped me predators mark chest piece, which was the last piece I was missing lol. Really tempted to make a pvp build out of it. :)

Just remembered one of the vendors has pretty good stamina mods this week. 264 with 1% crit chance. Think it's the guy in the Cavern.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's important to get the Striker to either 6K or 9K stamina the rest can go into firearms, with the Predator it's a no brainer 9K stamina and load up on crit hit damage and crit hit chance.

Really need to optimise the Striker and see what it's like. Spent all my div tech upgrading two houses. The one on the D3FNC has hurried and accurate, still better than the pp19 I was using, I reckon.

Have him sitting at 6002 Stamina now, just scraped it and put rest into Firearms.

Bit more optimising to do but currently sitting at 48.5% Enemy Armour Damage, 58 Crit Hit Damage and 35% Crit Hit Chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Just when I thought I'd seen everything in this game.

Some guy figured out how to save every hostage solo. Awesome.

Dear god, Hunter's Faith with this modifier is insane, it's just point-click-kill-next. Still getting screwed over mostly by the RNG gods but missions are a complete doddle so plenty of caches to keep trying. I did finally get some exotic LMGs though, a Hungry Hog and Big Al, will have to try them out over the weekend as I almost never use that type.

• Advertisement

I like the Hungry Hog and Big Al. Really find you need reload mods on the BA as it chews through ammo and has a painfully slow reload. That or lonestar. HH used to be a lot more powerful but they nerfed it. Never had a pre-nerf one but it's insane you can just hold down the trigger and mow through waves of enemies for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm having fun with a Tactician build, not even all classy bits, 9k+ electronics is fun with a BFB and pulse turret

I like the Hungry Hog and Big Al. Really find you need reload mods on the BA as it chews through ammo and has a painfully slow reload. That or lonestar. HH used to be a lot more powerful but they nerfed it. Never had a pre-nerf one but it's insane you can just hold down the trigger and mow through waves of enemies for ages.

Those two I used in my 4 piece lone star build. Big all for close range and hog for long range. Great combination. Loved it a lot.

Unfortunately I am skiping this event completely. Working all weekend and I got Monster Hunter on wensday. So little time I have I will spend in MH.

I decided to try the new MGs with the 9K Striker 6x I hadn't really played with since finishing the collection, I stashed HH pretty quickly but really like Big Al. Great fun, the high ROF and good stability mean it procs to 100 on the Striker stack pretty quickly. I paired itwith Smart Cover, Tech Support/One is None/Steady Hands/Stopping power to complement it's own cover-fire bonus and rolled Meticulous onto it (along side an existing destructive) to keep the mag rolling and prevent the 3rd talent resetting as often. It's working quite nicely. Nicely enough to roll a new LWM4 to complement it (and activate the talents since the extreme Stamina build deactivates so many) with Predatory/Destructive/Responsive (on the free slot), mods tuned for super stability so I can use it for longer range and proc'ing the Striker ultimate quickly with some nice extra overheal.
    This build is un-optimised at the mo but it's working beautifully.

Thought I'd take a monster hunter break and hop on this morning to replace my Tac mask that I destroyed.

Threw together a hunters faith for the laugh. I was massively unimpressed. Both at max stacks, Sentry still out damages it. Perhaps it's just the stupid modifier affecting things. Maybe the damage boost is more apparent in the normal game. But anyway, I'm not sold. At least before, the set was just bad but you could understand the point of it. Now I just don't understand. Why would you ever use it? Hunters just seems destined to forever be the worst set.

Next up firecrest maybe. It'll be the third time I've made a firecrest. Hopefully it will actually impress this time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

never underestimate the power of the electronics build .did the power station with randoms on legendary last night, two of them had 9k electronics build, i was underpowered with 7k. no-one ran a heal, all seeker mines and flashbang. ran it five times and never had to restock ammo, once a door opened the enemies were wiped out straight away. not sure we ever shot any.

even unlocked the commendation for doing it without anybody going down or getting revived. talk about milking credits, we were running it faster than lexington. fast travelled back to the BOO to buy caches when GE credits were full, think i pulled 15 to 17k credits out of less than an hours play

then one of the guys left, and it wasn't anywhere near as smooth, once the enemies weren't wiped out before they could shoot, and we were taking damage not running a heal became a lot more difficult. shows how good teams make it look so easy

You right. What way did you go for healing in the end mossy???

Just got finished putting my new Tac together tonight. Luckily I was able to roll everything just right how I wanted it.

It put such a smile on my face. Been 2 or 3 patches since I ran a Tac and oh how I've missed it. Have a collection of seeker, turret and sticky damage mods on me so I can change on the fly. Also keeping a few support mods so I can act as healer in a pinch.

Was delighted to throw my Reclaimer in the box, its just so boring. They should have left it how it was.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

once one of the main electronics guys left i had to switch over to a healing station eventually, did a couple of runs relying on just medkits and you'll always pick up more but i found i'd be starting the run with 1 less each time so eventually jsut switched over to a healing station

the guy that joined us was a sentry, he must have been royally annoyed as although we wren't taking them down straight away any more,we'd hit them with the skills, they'd be half way down, he might get one or two tags on them and then bang all wiped out with the next wave of bombs.

i am considering a 9k electronics nomad build, or a nomad/tac mix at 9k, and use the nomad heal instead of running a first aid or aid station. the fact you can't rename it the big bang build or the boom boom build in loadouts is a real shame though

mossym wrote: »
    and then bang all wiped out with the next wave of bombs.

Yeah Sentry would be a great compliment to a team of roll-y balls. Let him go first to spread the stacks out, and then BOOM.

I went with Predatory for healing myself. Also managed to get a health on kill on the gloves. It's pretty decent. Never made a Tac for mostly solo play before though so it can get a little dicey with shotgun rushers.

I'm quite squishy at 3/3/10 so gotta be careful. But its great fun.

Threw together a hunters faith for the laugh. I was massively unimpressed. Both at max stacks, Sentry still out damages it.

Dislike/Like, it's opinion and I'm not going to argue with it just because mine is different but this statement is incorrect based on simple math - at least when you are talking about your own damage, which is implied here by directly comparing sets without context.

At best Sentry takes 6 headshots to get to +100% headshot-damage on your primary target and body shots are still on +30%. Also t was not a linear progression you had 25% at 5 shots and the 6th was the big jump. In that time statistically you may have spread 15% extra damage to targets within the AOE field. So best case scenario when you kill the primary you start on the next at 15%, then 20,25 and finally 100% again.
    Compare to Hunter's, and my own build is not even using 9K FA for the full bonus just ~7.5k FA, 5.5 ST. 5 Headshots and every subsequent shot is 100% damage, doesn't matter where or who it hits until the bonus resets. If I was running 9K FA it would be 4 headshots so not a biggy, that only really comes into if if you are proc'ing via body hits since they are 50% less bonus per shot.

Again simple math, if you are constantly landing headshots with both builds Hunter's gets you to max bonus faster, and applies to each subsequent target. Sentry is slower and requires build up to max on each subsequent target, with the bonus eventually matching Hunter's just on headshots. body shots are still at 30% max.

Where Sentry wins is primarily in a group setting. The slower personal damage ramp up is offset by the fact it's a groupwide buff (or really debuff on the target) allowing everybody to get the damage bonus. Also it has a longer grace period and outside of that no way to lose the bonus, whereas 2-missed shots or reloading with the Hunter's will reset you. But unless you aren't great at consistently hitting your target (and if so why are you using this set :) ) the first will rarely happen, reload is inevitable but offsetting that with a larger mag and one-is-none means that rarely happens before the mob is gone.

I would say Sentry is better for someone who is decent at landing headshots in a group. Hunter's for someone who rarely misses them, and remains aware of and plays well to their bonus status (i.e. has good tactical awareness of when firing to keep the bonus going vs. taking an extra second to make sure you don't miss bullet 2 makes sense).

I like Sentry, I have it in my loadout rotation for group play but for solo play it does not compete with my Hunter's kit at all. Outside of events I average 2 hits to kill a boss once the bonus is fully proc'd, and again at 5 shots that's easy. With this event it's just point and insta-kill (there's not much that says no to a 3million point headshot :D ).

• Advertisement

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    but for solo play it does not compete with my Hunter's kit at all.

Not for me. It offers ZERO flexibility. What if you get pushed? You're screwed. With Sentry you can switch to MDR and say goodbye to slow build up. Stacks everywhere in seconds while you melt through what's in front of you. You can't even reload with Hunters. Not that I would recommend using Sentry for solo play either.

Hunters is just making life way too hard on yourself IMO.

Not for me. It offers ZERO flexibility. What if you get pushed? You're screwed. With Sentry you can switch to MDR and say goodbye to slow build up. Stacks everywhere in seconds while you melt through what's in front of you. You can't even reload with Hunters. Not that I would recommend using Sentry for solo play either.

Hunters is just making life way too hard on yourself IMO.

Different strokes :) .

playing falcon's lost earlier with my reclaimer
    all the randoms started off wrong
    my awesomenes drew them to me
    planted the last two bombs solo
    threw down the exotic
    gimli gimli gimli please play warrengate with me
    I fell asleep

Game was acting very strange at times for me over the weekend. Gun frequently jamming after a reload, or enemies taking no damage despite me pounding bullets into them. Had one instance where I had a yellow bars amour down and was standing 6ft away emptying a clip into them and they took zero damage and then I somehow go from full health bar to being flat on my face without being hit :rolleyes:

Awful luck with RNG too last few GE's, just can' seem to get that 6th piece. Have 5 pieces Nomad, Predator, Banshee and Firecrest. Makes me all the more amazed that I actually managed to get full Striker and Reclaimer sets a few weeks back.

skerry wrote: »
    Game was acting very strange at times for me over the weekend.

Same here. It's gone very bad altogether.

I am no expert, but I am pretty sure Division got a good chunk of player base back, but servers were not told about it. :pac:
    So not surprising to see lag and disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Just seen that they're doing a GE week this week with each GE active for 2 days. Need to get on and farm for that Striker classified set.

DY_QIlCW4AEf4U9.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Hoping to pick up the game again in a week or two.haven't played in over a year.whats the best way to get gear for a returning player.thx

The Global Events, hands down. After that running legendary missions and heroic incursions for exotics and div tech or farming the DZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

The Global Events, hands down. After that running legendary missions and heroic incursions for exotics and div tech or farming the DZ.

Ok thx for the tips.pretty sure my gs is below 200 so ill probably have to run legendary first to lvl up a bit.

Advertisement