Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

February 18 for Xbox. New story mission too so hopefully it's one of the ones to unlock either the security or Tec wing to use another gadget.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Its interesting to hear that you'll be able to get more FPS on consoles by turning certain graphical settings off. Many to do with lighting.

Cool to at least have the option on consoles. Nice of the devs to do that.

Really? That's actually great. I've been wondering for a while we console players haven't had more options like this.

Hopefully this will start a trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Soby wrote: »
    Beta was ok , 7/10 maybe. seemed a big buggy with the rogue thing. found myself turning rogue shooting rogue players

Ah this happened to me a few times, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Now to see if I deleted the Beta or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice, don't have to delete the closed beta, just install an update. Also the mission for the Tech Wing unlocking the turret will warrant another go at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This list has definitely peaked my interest a bit. Will give it another go for sure now

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Varik wrote: »
    Now to see if I deleted the Beta or not.

You should be able to redownload it

• tok9 wrote: »
    Really? That's actually great. I've been wondering for a while we console players haven't had more options like this.

Hopefully this will start a trend.

Stop that positive talk, it's the devs trying to compensate for having a poorly optimized game :p

Mwuahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Loving some of the changes in this especially the Dark Zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think this will be a much better test of how the finished game will play.

Liamario wrote: »
    I think this will be a much better test of how the finished game will play.

Don't be surprised if there are still issues here. The purpose of this open beta is to stress test the servers more than anything else. In the closed beta the PvE zone ran very well with zero lag. However, the servers used for PvP did have quite a bit of lag at times.

They will have added more servers for this open beta but as with all stress tests, they are going to allow more players than normal to connected to given servers in order to see just how many sessions servers can take before they start having issues and falling over.

To the open beta user, this will seem like the game is broken but it needs to be done so that launch day goes off without a hitch.

I will be trying the open beta after having alot of fun in the closed beta but I am not expecting this to be a massive jump compared to the closed beta.

This is the last chance to ensure the servers are up to the task and to also iron out others bugs that are founds during the open beta.

Best case senario is the game will launch on March 8th with bulletproof servers and a day one 5GB patch to fix bugs and performance.

This needs to happen considering the game disks were burnt over a month ago.

I never experienced any network issues of note. Based on the changelist, a lot of things that I was worried about appear to have been addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I enjoyed the closed Beta,the game looks great and i didnt experience any network issues either..But being Ubisoft,they will wait till the first update after launch to break the game..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There's a 1.8gb update available for the beta on XB1.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There's a 1.8gb update available for the beta on XB1.

Yeah that was released earlier this week in preparation for the open beta that is coming next Tuesday. New missions, bug fixes and big changes to the Dark Zone. Looking forward to get back into it.

I got a similarly sized update for PS4. Loaded it up, got passed the first connecting screen and then the second one presented me with a server offline type message.

I got a similarly sized update for PS4. Loaded it up, got passed the first connecting screen and then the second one presented me with a server offline type message.

Open beta for PS4 not starting until 17th. Xbox get it 1 day earlier.

logik wrote: »

I know, but I took a chance. Street Fighter V beta servers were up when there wasn't meant to be a beta on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I know, but I took a chance. Street Fighter V beta servers were up when there wasn't meant to be a beta on.

They also didn't work 1/2 the time when the beta was meant to be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I came in to ask this about PS4, but I've been seeing on Facebook that the Xbox crowd get it on the 18th. Can someone just confirm that?

Gonna give this a go for the open beta. The code I got for the closed beta from Sheehy worked grand but the bloody thing only finished downloading last Thursday!! :pac::o I presume I won't have to download a different version now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Keep the download, just a small update will be needed for this beta. I deleted it as I thought it was useless, have to download it all again.

I came in to ask this about PS4, but I've been seeing on Facebook that the Xbox crowd get it on the 18th. Can someone just confirm that?

Gonna give this a go for the open beta. The code I got for the closed beta from Sheehy worked grand but the bloody thing only finished downloading last Thursday!! :pac::o I presume I won't have to download a different version now?

I had originally been told it was the 16th to the 19th but I can confirm that this is not the case.

Correct dates are:

Xbox One Open Beta 18th - 21st
    PS4 Open Beta - 19th - 21st
    PC Open Beta - 19 - 21st

This has been confirmed by Ubi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I had originally been told it was the 16th to the 19th but I can confirm that this is not the case.

Correct dates are:

Xbox One Open Beta 18th - 21st
    PS4 Open Beta - 19th - 21st
    PC Open Beta - 19 - 21st

This has been confirmed by Ubi.

Ah balls, I'm away for the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah balls, I'm away for the weekend :(

Any open beta I can think of recently is always extended to the Monday or Tuesday if it's on for a weekend.

Which kind of makes sense as you'd get a different set of behaviours on a weekday to test the server loading.

So it would still be worth leaving the beta there to update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would it be available to download now? Have crappy internet so want to be ready when the servers are online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Would the update auto download? I went looking last night and couldn't find it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would it be available to download now? Have crappy internet so want to be ready when the servers are online!

Should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is it available to pre load yet on the ps4 does anyone know. Will it be from the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Weekend off sorted

Advertisement