Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do you start at level 4 again? What is the level cap is this beta? Anyone xbox players want to give early impressions so far? Looking forward to it later hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Gave this a go yesterday and I think I will like it, never really got into rpgs don't have the time normally to put into them but I like the atmosphere of the game and there seems to be potential to it. I think though I won't spend to much time in the beta given that you can't bring your experience you earn to the full game shame really.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

played it last night. not feeling this game. I found it to be clunky all round. I will give it another go tonight but as of now it will not be a game I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do you start at level 4 again? What is the level cap is this beta? Anyone xbox players want to give early impressions so far? Looking forward to it later hopefully

Yeah start at level 4. Level cap is still 8 ( the level will go up after you reach 8 but it stops just short of nine) not got into the dead zone too much so cant confirmed that rank. The new mission is fun and seems long enough but there is no option to repeat on hard. The turret you get via the tech update is a great little add on. Doesn't seem to be any other extra missions. Some people have mentioned they tidied up the hud a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is it my imagination or have they simplified how grenades work? Did you used to have to hold left d-pad, and now you just tap it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Grenades to me look to be the same as closed beta. I don't see any changes anyway.

This open beta is the same level wise, as the closed beta. Starting at 4 and working up to 8. The only reason the beta starts at level 4 and not level 1 is because you don't get your first skill/perk until level 4 and they needed to be able to test skills/perks to make sure they work ok and are balanced.

I am really looking forward to the game on March 8th but I think they should have launched the open beta last week and not this week. Reason being is ALOT of people are hooked on Rocket League now and simply don't want to put the hours into The Division beta. Ubi would have achieved better overall feedback etc if they had of launched the beta earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

logik wrote: »
    Grenades to me look to be the same as closed beta. I don't see any changes anyway.

This open beta is the same level wise, as the closed beta. Starting at 4 and working up to 8. The only reason the beta starts at level 4 and not level 1 is because you don't get your first skill/perk until level 4 and they needed to be able to test skills/perks to make sure they work ok and are balanced.

I am really looking forward to the game on March 8th but I think they should have launched the open beta last week and not this week. Reason being is ALOT of people are hooked on Rocket League now and simply don't want to put the hours into The Division beta. Ubi would have achieved better overall feedback etc if they had of launched the beta earlier.

I have the beta downloaded but havent fired it up yet - is it essentially the same as the previous one, jsut with an extra mission / few gadgets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I have the beta downloaded but havent fired it up yet - is it essentially the same as the previous one, jsut with an extra mission / few gadgets?

Yes, identical mate. You lose all of your closed beta work. Your character is deleted so you have to do everything you did in the closed beta again. They have fixed a number of bugs and I think the DZ runs better now so I can say there is positive progress from the closed beta.

I just have to many other games to play at the moment so don't want to sink my weekend into the beta. Will look forward to March 8th :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yeah start at level 4. Level cap is still 8 ( the level will go up after you reach 8 but it stops just short of nine) not got into the dead zone too much so cant confirmed that rank. The new mission is fun and seems long enough but there is no option to repeat on hard. The turret you get via the tech update is a great little add on. Doesn't seem to be any other extra missions. Some people have mentioned they tidied up the hud a bit.

Deadzone cap is 12.

logik wrote: »
    Yes, identical mate. You lose all of your closed beta work. Your character is deleted so you have to do everything you did in the closed beta again. They have fixed a number of bugs and I think the DZ runs better now so I can say there is positive progress from the closed beta.

I just have to many other games to play at the moment so don't want to sink my weekend into the beta. Will look forward to March 8th :)

nice, will dip in for a bit for a look over the weekend, but otherwise it'll be rocket league, tomb raider and halo 5 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The biggest issue with this game is I can never think of the correct name for PvP section. I see others here are the same.

In posts here I've seen it called the dead zone, even the black zone lol. It's the dark zone. I can never think of it when I mention to the group where I am going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The biggest issue with this game is I can never think of the correct name for PvP section. I see others here are the same.

In posts here I've seen it called the dead zone, even the black zone lol. It's the dark zone. I can never think of it when I mention to the group where I am going.

And ganging up with friends to massacre unsuspecting players, followed by corpse-camping, is no longer referred to as 'ganking', but danking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ehmm only messed for an hour but that's the most lifeless drab environment i seen in a while not grabbing me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've set up a chat room on PS4 for any boardsies looking to get in a group to play this.

Just add me on PSN (or if you already have me added just PM me) and I can add you to it if you care to try 4 player

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

how do you get to the Dark Zone, I only played it for a short time.

gmg678 wrote: »
    how do you get to the Dark Zone, I only played it for a short time.

if you play through the mission it'll guide you there, but in general, exit the base, turn left, then go right and its up there on your left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It's kinda red in the map too iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just played about an hour. Enjoying it so far. I like the almost survival feel to it as well. Scavenging around for items while doing missions.
    Only done two side missions so far and found a blue burst fire mp5 and some weapon skins. Loving the custimization options too.

One thing I'm not liking is the mouse sensitivity. It's way to high and I have mine set at 2%. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gave it a go for an hour.
    Saved the doctor at the hospital.
    Find it pretty bland tbh. Controls ok but the enemies are bulletsponges & I wasn't sure how to reload :o so found it easier to flick between guns.
    I was looking forward to the beta for a change of pace but I'm just not too fussed about going back to play it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ERG89 wrote: »
    Gave it a go for an hour.
    Saved the doctor at the hospital.
    Find it pretty bland tbh. Controls ok but the enemies are bulletsponges & I wasn't sure how to reload :o so found it easier to flick between guns.
    I was looking forward to the beta for a change of pace but I'm just not too fussed about going back to play it now.

I had that feeling after playing the first beta but then i played for a few hours with 2 friends and it felt like a different game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Its changed alot since ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

A lot are saying they were "Meh" when they first started playing it.

Then a few hours in they can see the dept of it and are calling it class. Can't speak for myself on that cause I'm not that much played but we'll see after the weekend is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

You can watch me playing with two friends on Steam or www.twitch.tv/L1ber8or

I am running the game on maximum settings and doing a combination of the single-player content and Dark Zone.

A collection of shots from tonight:

378240.jpg

378239.jpg

378238.jpg

378237.jpg

378236.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm not really feeling this game from the 2-3 hours I put into it. The dark zone feels really wasted on when there aren't any missions in there.

Does anyone know if there will be when the game launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Spent a good few hours on this today, initial thoughts are a bit meh overall.

The two main missions were ok, but nothing to get overly excited about.
    Gun mechanics are wildly average, reminiscent of Spec Ops: The Line.
    Enemy AI was hit and miss, but generally quite good.
    The city felt empty and running between base and missions was just boring, especially with the incredibly dim witted gps that insists of showing you the longest possible way to reach your destination.
    The Dark Zone is a good concept, had a few interesting and tense stand off type moments in there. I found the high TTK made it difficult to take on even two people at once, so most of the time I didn't bother and apart from picking off the occasional straggler I started to ignore the PvP element, judging by what I saw a lot of others did as well.

Finally, I'm not that keen on the modern day setting for an rpg looter shooter. Where as a game like Borderlands has monsters and mutants that take dozens of hits to kill and epicly weird and wonderful weapons and skill upgrades to loot, The Division is firmly set in the real world - 20 rounds to kill a guy wearing a jacket and scarf ? And the loot is so incredibly mundane and limited by the setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not feeling it, i dont mind Borderlands bullet sponge enemies I mean they are usually like tigers with guns. The Division is a 4 player coop bullet sponge game with humans in hoodies. Also all black people in hoodies?

i think this game has changed a lot since e3 2013 when it looked good and there a possible tactical element to it and a belief that other players would be at objectives. They are not its AI and they have numbers which equates to how many bullets you need, usually its 4000 for the black chap in a hoodie with an smg thats weaker than yours but he killed your entire squad.....

i guess playtesting won sort of.

Not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Spent a good few hours on this today, initial thoughts are a bit meh overall.

The two main missions were ok, but nothing to get overly excited about.
    Gun mechanics are wildly average, reminiscent of Spec Ops: The Line.
    Enemy AI was hit and miss, but generally quite good.
    The city felt empty and running between base and missions was just boring, especially with the incredibly dim witted gps that insists of showing you the longest possible way to reach your destination.
    The Dark Zone is a good concept, had a few interesting and tense stand off type moments in there. I found the high TTK made it difficult to take on even two people at once, so most of the time I didn't bother and apart from picking off the occasional straggler I started to ignore the PvP element, judging by what I saw a lot of others did as well.

Finally, I'm not that keen on the modern day setting for an rpg looter shooter. Where as a game like Borderlands has monsters and mutants that take dozens of hits to kill and epicly weird and wonderful weapons and skill upgrades to loot, The Division is firmly set in the real world - 20 rounds to kill a guy wearing a jacket and scarf ? And the loot is so incredibly mundane and limited by the setting.
    Don't underestimate the scarf..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well first impressions are good on the surface, but after a solid days play I dont think its all its cracked up to be. Game looks very well and handles well, audio is brilliant especially the gun sounds. I can see it getting very repetitive very quickly unless you have 3-4 guys online with you always making your own craic. Dark zone, like was said is a good concept but the AI for me is a bit meh. AI seem way to over powered and too much of a hassle to engage TBH.

Another thing I find strange is the gun statistics, It states on some guns that the DPS is low and the damage listed to the right is high or vice versa. Surely if the DPS on a gun is high then the damage listed in general is also gonna be high coz the two values are linked? In the end I paid no attention to the DPS stats just the damage on the right....works out well.

Hopefully Ubisoft are not gonna rape the game with DLC for the interesting stuff, I would prolly get it as a back up game but I dont think I would pay €70-80 for the game straight out of the gate.

Advertisement