Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Don't underestimate the scarf..

KEVLAR SCARF FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The DPS takes into account damage per round and the rate of fire. The SACR Mk17 will do more damage per round but it's smei auto only while an M4 will do less damage per round but has a rate of fire on 850 rounds per minute. The DPS of the M4 will be higher even though the SCAR will hit the target harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just finished up rescuing the doctor. Enjoyed it a lot.
    Got grouped with some bloke who I honestly spent more time reviving than anything else. He seemed to think he could just charge into a group of enemies and blaze his guns. I died once during it due to enemies spawning out of no where right on top of me. Three bats to the face and I was down :P

Lots of fun though. Really enjoyed the mechanics of it. Still to do Darkzone but I'll probably head there a little later tonight when I'm back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So how do I go about cancelling my pre order on psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

weiland79 wrote: »
    So how do I go about cancelling my pre order on psn?

Sony tell you in the conformation email you got when you pre ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only played for about an hour last night but got a bit bored. Saw 5 people from my friends list on my map so i ran up to them only to find they didn't exist in my world even though their locations were on my map. I guess their local crew was full but i still thought i would be able to go around with them, strange.

Anyway the new tech mission wasn't anything special. Going to pass on this at launch. YFC and Dark Souls 3 will keep be going long enough anyway.

I'll be on about 11 tonight on ps4 if anyone wants to crew up with the sole purpose of being a rogue dick in the dark zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So many error messages. Got bounced about 6 times on Thursday night and I've tried to continue my game 3 times in a row now only to be given error messages.

Jayop wrote: »
    So many error messages. Got bounced about 6 times on Thursday night and I've tried to continue my game 3 times in a row now only to be given error messages.

Yeah got a few of them also.....

Have to say the Dark Zone is a superb concept but executed terribly. No incentive at all to do the hard work killing hard AI for bare bones stuff only for some clown without warning one shot you with a grenade with ABSOLUTELY no defense and run off down the road rouge status for 30-60 secs and then turn white again rinse and repeat.

Even if he attacks you unsuccessfully its very hard to take them down as you can heal at least 3 times on the run, in between cover and that to stay alive. Then if they turn back to non hostile you can do nothing if they stop and let you catch them. As if you shoot them now you are rouge and half the map after you with no bounty to play for WTF!

Game will be FCUKED upon release with this stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So I've put a few hours in today, finished the main 2 missions and some side missions too.

It's.... not a bad game by any means. Has some ironing out to do with some glitches, nothing major. I turned my graphics settings down to the lowest so I could guarantee a solid frame rate and the experience was certainly smooth. Even on the lowest graphics settings, it is a very pretty game.

I got into the Dark Zone after completing my missions and certainly people weren't too interested in raging fire fights for no real reason which is nice for a PvP environment, Will have to do some more exploring around there, I wasn't able to open any of the loot boxes I found cause I wasn't a high enough level. Bit frustrating, but understandable. I'll probably give it more time tomorrow.

I'm still not sure if I wanna buy it though. There's signs that there's going to be a decent amount of content in the world between fixed events and random encounters. I felt like I was making progress simply by wandering around, so that's always good.

Overall though, I think I'm still kinda on the fence really.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Final thoughts, 10 hours into the beta and I'm bored.

Lots of little gripes about the game, but the biggest complaints are:
    1. Empty city - if you're going to make a big open world with no fast travel, it has to be interesting to walk around in. This isn't.
    2. PvP - the Rogue system is unbalanced, the negatives from dying as a rogue far outweigh the benefits of doing it in the first place so it's effectively pointless, unless you're trolling. Which is fun for a few minutes. In fact the whole Dark Zone concept, while interesting, is pretty poorly implemented.

Overall it's a pass for me, but I'll keep a eye out for reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I agree with your points but just to let you know, there is fast travel.

tok9 wrote: »
    I agree with your points but just to let you know, there is fast travel.

Only to some placed. For example if you want to fast travel to the dark zone the best you can do is to pick the mission nearest it and walk from there. I think it's the subway one.

Yeah but that's only coz it's the beta, when u have the full game you will surely have takes of options to fast travel. Only thing is it ain't that fast lol...you would nearly walk it in the same time as loading

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Played about 3 hours, can't see this being an entertaining game for 40+ hours tbh.

Terrible glitch at the moment rouge agents literally walking across the map ceiling raping everyone....hope this is fixed before launch.

Forgot to say that I got stuck in the subway mission last night. Was backing up from the one of the shield guys and went into a corner that I couldn't get out of it. Was able to kill all the enemies but couldn't move. Had to restart the mission from well over half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Had enormous fun with this last night in the Dark Zone alongside two friends. At one point we were gathering our bearings at the top of a petrol station (after collecting a lot of loot), when we noticed a random guy was standing around beside us - perhaps he wanted to join our group. Rather cruelly, we didn't take any chance and killed him :pac: A few mins later, he comes back to take revenge and again, we kill him. Obviously, we're now rogue as a team so have to hide out for a bit. When we eventually go for extraction, we're mere seconds away from getting our stuff out when the guy we killed is back, but this time he's part of a four-person team, who quickly wipe us out and take our stuff.

It's player-created stories like that which will make or break The Division but I think if you've got a team of friends at the same level, it'll be amazing. In total we all spent about 3 hours in the Dark Zone, and it was tremendous. Another highlight was sneaking up on a team that was seconds away from extraction and rather than go into a firefight, we all fired in flashbangs, which wouldn't make us rogue but made it pretty funny to watch them all freak out for a bit and decide whether to fire on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

See thats probably why I won't get this game. The 'fun' of it is going to come mostly from trolling people, which I just don't have an interest in. Spend hours in the DZ and lose your loot to a player who is there two mins? great. Spend hours in the DZ, get attacked and accidently hit a 'non-hostile' in an extraction zone fire fight? You're now rogue and fcuked. Brilliant.

See thats probably why I won't get this game. The 'fun' of it is going to come mostly from trolling people, which I just don't have an interest in. Spend hours in the DZ and lose your loot to a player who is there two mins? great. Spend hours in the DZ, get attacked and accidently hit a 'non-hostile' in an extraction zone fire fight? You're now rogue and fcuked. Brilliant.

To be fair, we spent the majority of our time in DZ acting like a team, doing things properly. I think unless you have 2-3 friends who play to buy the game on the same day and level up similarly as you in nightly sessions, you won't have the same experience. Like Resident Evil 5, this won't be a game for people who aren't interested in regularly playing with online mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Hoping the beta gets extended! Had to work all weekend and only got an hour in last night. Solo missions are fun but hadn't a clue what to do in the DZ. A few more hours would be lovely before deciding if it's worth a purchase

• Advertisement

Battleflag wrote: »
    Hoping the beta gets extended! Had to work all weekend and only got an hour in last night. Solo missions are fun but hadn't a clue what to do in the DZ. A few more hours would be lovely before deciding if it's worth a purchase

For DZ:

1. Go in with a few mates (you'll die quickly on your own), and start exploring + killing some of the CPU enemies, who will drop 'contaminated' loot - which has to be extracted. The CPU enemies are tougher than regular enemies here, hence don't attempt it on your own.

2. Once you have enough loot, you need to extract it. Once you call in an extraction, you'll have to wait about two mins before a chopper arrives. Once it arrives, you attach your loot to a rope that drops down, and then it'll take about 30 seconds until it leaves the area and belongs to you. But in that time, everyone else will be alerted to where you are, and will likely converge on your area to kill you and steal your stuff.

3. Chances are, you'll get in a firefight within that two mins. Anyone who shoots at your or a team member (and a team member can shoot you too) goes 'rogue', and their position is made obvious to everyone on the map for 90 seconds. There are big rewards for killing rogue people. If all goes well, you fight off the people who come for you, and your stuff gets extracted. If it goes badly, that's because someone has killed you before you extracted your stuff, which they now have. But maybe you can respawn and get back to the area before they can successfuly complete an extraction with your former goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

You don't have to horde your loot. You can use the extraction as often as you want. When I was in DZ - I looted a crappy shotgun a few minutes after I got in first time. I decided to test what would happen while using the extraction.
    To my surprise, about 4 people came running up and just added their own loot to the extraction, then ran off.
    You're constantly prompted when a nearby extraction is taking off.
    If you have a pack full of blue or better gear and it gets taken off you cause you horded it all, it's kinda your own fault. :p
    You can just watch the timers and stand somewhat back from the extraction zone to keep an eye on who is killing who in the area. Then decide to sneak off or not.

While I enjoyed the beta quite a bit, I'm not gonna pre-order it. I am very tempted but I think I'll leave it until a while after release and see how it does.

Considering I was part off a team of 4, there wasn't a single other player or group of players I didn't shoot to kill. Yeah, I'm that guy
    This is how I end up in the "Dunce" servers on GTA Online. Anarchy flows through me!
    The server ended up empty after a while. Which took all the fun out of it really.
    None of the loot felt exciting. Oh a Rare Beanie cap? Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I don't get all of the negative waves from everyone here... yes there are some things that they can do better but there is the bones of a really good game here. They have 3 weeks to iron out bugs that appeared in the open beta and they have a solid road map in place for all additional addons for the game. They are still holding alot of cards to their chest. One being raids. I believe they are going to announce 8 man raids against very difficult opponents once the game goes live. There is so much they can do to improve this game but as a player that played both the closed and open beta, they are at least listening to feedback. People in the closed beta said that apart from players in the DZ there was far to little NPC to kill for loot etc. They increased this number considerably in the open beta to try and improve the experience.

I think they will continue to improve this game over the first 3 months after launch but I do believe they have a very good base game. If Bungie can make a success out of Destiny, Ubi can certainly make The Division into a very successful game.

I can't wait to get stuck in on March 8th.

logik wrote: »
    I think they will continue to improve this game over the first 3 months after launch but I do believe they have a very good base game. If Bungie can make a success out of Destiny, Ubi can certainly make The Division into a very successful game.

I can't wait to get stuck in on March 8th.

I agree with what you're saying, but the thing is it took Bungie a year to right the ship with Destiny. It would have been an objectionably low content experience for your average gamer until 3 expansions came out (the 3rd being 1 year after release of the base game).

The thing that struck me with the Division, is that I'm going to be missing nothing by not buying this day 1, there's no incentive to get in there early, as opposed to looking at getting it in 6 or 12 months, once the dust has settled and the patches and DLC have been rolled out.

The have the Bones of a good game alright, I agree, but I think a lot of people are over paying €60 for skeletons now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cormac... wrote: »
    I agree with what you're saying, but the thing is it took Bungie a year to right the ship with Destiny. It would have been an objectionably low content experience for your average gamer until 3 expansions came out (the 3rd being 1 year after release of the base game).

The thing that struck me with the Division, is that I'm going to be missing nothing by not buying this day 1, there's no incentive to get in there early, as opposed to looking at getting it in 6 or 12 months, once the dust has settled and the patches and DLC have been rolled out.

The have the Bones of a good game alright, I agree, but I think a lot of people are over paying €60 for skeletons now

Fair points alright but I would say that The Division is a bigger game at launch than Destiny was. I played Destiny up to level 29 and got bored because there was NO end game with the exception of one raid. People were happy to pay 60 bucks for Destiny, why not The Division?

I personally have purchased the Season Pass for The Division to cover me for the first 3 expansions.

logik wrote: »
    People were happy to pay 60 bucks for Destiny, why not The Division?

I think the precise reason people will be cautious (myself included) as to paying €60 for the Division is a direct result of Destiny.

Fool me twice, shame on me, kind of thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Meh.
    I've enjoyed the betas. There's something fun about rampaging around in the DZ murdering folk. It's humanity in a microcosm - small number of players helping others with no reward or incentive, more helping when there's an incentive or rewards in doing so, and a minority who just rove the DZ in packs like wolves or jackels, looking for weak agents to kill and rob.

In other words - fun.

I was just as burned by Destiny as everyone else - but for me at least I'd be happy to roam around the dark zone with a gang of mates just seeing what's up. I don't even need a mass of PvE content because the PvP feels fun to me. Just keep churning out cool gear to grind and I'll keep playing.

I think there's a sort of saltiness coming into things from some destiny players who think it's an either/or question between this and Destiny - it's not. Destiny right now is broken - if/when Bungie un-FUBAR it I'll play it again too. Same way I'm enjoying Rainbow Six Seige while I wait for The Division (and Seige has very limited content compared to both Destiny and Division).

some destiny players who think it's an either/or question between this and Destiny - it's not

That's just the dumb and loud minority on the likes of Facebook etc "Dis is gonna b da Destiny killer!"

There's no reason the 2 games can't co exist.
    I've seen more "Destiny Killers" come and go than I can fully recall.

I hope the Division does well as it will kick Bungie's butts into gear a bit more.
    Mind you I'll still be here the 1st month seeing how people are getting on with it to see if there's much there in terms of PvE content or depth to the PvP.

I really just Ubisoft don't go Full Ubisoft on it in terms of launch support for bugs, exploits, glitches and of course, online connectivity

• Advertisement

Had great fun last night online. The DZ is terrible if you're on your own, there's just no way you're able to extract without being killed and having your stuff nicked, but if you're with a group of 3 or 4 then it's a different game. The missions are fun and pretty challenging if you play them alone rather then going in with someone from matchmaking. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up on release.

I preordered from Amazon though so I imagine it'll be a day or two after release when i get it which is a balls because all my crew will have leveled up before me.

Advertisement