Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Apparently someone has datamined the game and found the Base game comes with 26 missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Apparently someone has datamined the game and found the Base game comes with 26 missions.

What constitutes a mission though? Is that what was in madison square garden during the beta ie.. a raid? If so thats not bad considering theres a lvl cap of 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Think that proves they really are relying on the DZ PvP modes to carry the game and not the PvE co-op which is a massive shame.

The second DLC pack is all about the DZ and turns the whole map into the DZ apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

For Context, the launch version of Destiny had 20 missions and 5 strikes and a Raid (so that's 26 pieces of PvE co-op/single player content).

Sooooo..... in all honesty, this is not a "Lot bigger than lunch day Destiny" in terms of PvE Single Player content.... and that is a BIG RED FLAG for anyone on this thread that felt burned by the original Destiny game and it's related hype.

I would see no problem buying this if you intended to flip it quickly on Adverts etc within 10 days.

But pre-ordering it and getting season passes etc is definately not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I was also concerned that the game would rely solely on PvP for its endgame, but the news that there will be raid style incursions patched in shortly after launch is somewhat promising for those that focus on PvE.

My only concern now really, is in relation to how varied these raids can possibly be. Given the limitations of having a game set in such a realistic setting I would imagine will seriously limit the mechanics and variety which can be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    I would see no problem buying this if you intended to flip it quickly on Adverts etc within 10 days.

I've done this.

If I like it I'll sell it and buy a digital copy(all my games are digital)

If I don't like it I'll sell it.

It's a safe bet to buy the physical copy first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From what i read on reddit, that's 26 main story missions and not random encounters. 26 story missions isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cormac... wrote: »
    For Context, the launch version of Destiny had 20 missions and 5 strikes and a Raid (so that's 26 pieces of PvE co-op/single player content).

Sooooo..... in all honesty, this is not a "Lot bigger than lunch day Destiny" in terms of PvE Single Player content.... and that is a BIG RED FLAG for anyone on this thread that felt burned by the original Destiny game and it's related hype.

Surely the length of missions is a factor too, and not just the number of them.

Benzino wrote: »
    Surely the length of missions is a factor too, and not just the number of them.

Absolutely correct, I was just pointing out that quantity is currently pretty much equal.

But yeah that could very well offer more variety or be of better length and quality (about half of the Destiny missions were only about 15 minutes long)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You know there is a certain point of the actual experience playing also.

There are many games that don't come shipped with content that I would consider to be a factor in purchasing at all. I havn't played a Battlefield single player campaign...ever. Genuinely not a minute. I buy battlefield, because I know I'm playing it online. From the get go.

Counter Strike GO, has a tiny map cycle of competitive play in all honesty. One of the most popular games of today, and genuinely **** all "content". It's about the experience, the gameplay and the enjoyment.

Destiny's problem wasn't so much to do with content. I enjoyed Destiny entirely while I played it for the month it released. The problem is none of my friends bought it. So I was playing it, by myself. I met up with some randomers here and in general, and it was good and fun, but I like playing these type of games with my friends, as I know there will be dedication and high skillcaps, and therefore meets my expectations.

I was posting on the Division thread in the Pc forum during the recent beta, but suffice to say the two days where other friends got the beta, and we played with a team of 4 or 5 for long periods, was some of the best fun I've had in a game for years. Sharp, tense, tactical and thoroughly brilliant.

the longterm stability and content provision is always going to be important for a game like this. Of course. But there is definitely enough content there for a while, and they seem to have a relatively good looking release schedule for year 1. I've held of the season pass until I ensure my mates stick with it past the first 60 days. But if they do, we will probably all buy the season pass.

I know for me, I'm at the burnout point in the latest Wow expansion, so I need something to engage me, and my friends, for the next 3-4 months. This could very much be it, and I certainly hope it is.

My expectations for this game were MASSIVE before I got into the closed beta, and then it kinda died off a bit. But once open beta came and I played with friends, this shot right back up.

In regards gear and loot, maybe because I'm a wow player, I'll take enjoyment from getting an M4 with some slightly better stats. As we move through the game, we will drift into a class role, and then will look into gearing those roles with BIS items. Thats a great part of the enjoyment of games like this for me, and for my friends also. That grind where you are looking for the better gear, to min max. And there is only so many guns in the world, so obviously I won't be surprised to see maybe upgrading an M4 for a slightly better one, but that won't bother me.

I'd say though, for definite, that while you can play this game solo (and I had some good time in the DZ on my own) this is all tailored and built around playing in groups.

• Advertisement

Friends can make or break a game. I still love Charlie Murder and Castle Crashers cause I played them with mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Cormac... wrote:
    Friends can make or break a game. I still love Charlie Murder and Castle Crashers cause I played them with mates

Could we get a boards group going maybe? Or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've found boards related groups incredibly difficult to stay with in the medium-longterm. Might be just the games involved, don't know.

But with such a dispersion in terms of ability, dedication and time, can be tricky getting some consistency.

I know there is a community for boards on the PS4, so people might post in there if they are looking for games etc. I'm sure this thread or another thread(they might break out into platform specific) will have pepole sharing their details and looking for groups.

O don't think anything was mentioned about clans yet.

I had a look around a few weeks back but couldn't find anything relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Id be well up for that as I dont have many mates intending to buy it but Im going to take the plunge, Im on ps4

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've found boards related groups incredibly difficult to stay with in the medium-longterm. Might be just the games involved, don't know.

But with such a dispersion in terms of ability, dedication and time, can be tricky getting some consistency.

I know there is a community for boards on the PS4, so people might post in there if they are looking for games etc. I'm sure this thread or another thread(they might break out into platform specific) will have pepole sharing their details and looking for groups.

The Boards Destiny Group is very strong, especially on the PlayStation side and I know Cormac set up a few chats using the PS app to help arrange people find others who would be playing at the same time around the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,888 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Boards Destiny Group is very strong, especially on the PlayStation side and I know Cormac set up a few chats using the PS app to help arrange people find others who would be playing at the same time around the same level.

As poor (functionally) as the PS Chat is, without it the PS4 Destiny community wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is.

Very handy for setting up quick teams on teh go, and for arranging teams for specific activities later in the day or week.

As poor (functionally) as the PS Chat is, without it the PS4 Destiny community wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is.

Very handy for setting up quick teams on teh go, and for arranging teams for specific activities later in the day or week.

If there's no clan, just do what I did in the Beta and add everyone that's playing to a Messaging Chat and tell them add whatever friends they have playing. We ended up with about 16-20 players within a few hours. It'll grow from there and pretty much doesn't require any policing since it's not a "Clan".

It's that or use the community pages. The community pages still has a 3 to 5 minute delay in posting -> notification though.

The Open Beta chat worked well for what it was on the PS4 at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It being on UPlay will probably make it harder for people to group up on the PC (as opposed to Steam), but we'll try get some groups going as well.

We have a WhatsApp group for some of the lads that still play on Xbox.

Although we do tend to complain about everything and anything in there instead :D

If anyone wants to PM me numbers I'll create a Division What's App for Xbox.

Just make sure you include your GTs though or I won't have a clue who's who.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Great job. Amazon not delivering till next ****ing Monday

Jayop wrote: »
    Great job. Amazon not delivering till next ****ing Monday

Mine shipped Saturday morning.

Will yours only arrive Monday or leave the warehouse on Monday?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mine shipped Saturday morning.

Will yours only arrive Monday or leave the warehouse on Monday?

Said arriving Monday, dispatched today so I might get it sooner.

I was very close to cancelling the pre-order and scooting into Game in Sligo tomorrow morning. Wish I had done so now. It's the last time I'll pre-order a game on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone playing this today, seeing as the servers went live at 2pm GMT today and if you have an early copy you can play now?

Wont be playing myself until tomorrow but I am looking forward to getting stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If you have a copy you can play now. They went up a few hours earlier than they said they would too, at around 11am.

You guys are really pissing me off!!

You guys are really pissing me off!!

How much did you actually save buying from Amazon?

logik wrote: »
    How much did you actually save buying from Amazon?

Probably feck all. I paid £41 sterling for it.

I only pre-ordered so I could play the closed Beta but I liked it so thought I'd go ahead and get it. I didn't think I'd be waiting an extra week for the bloody thing. I've never pre-ordered a game before so lesson learned.

I only pre-ordered so I could play the closed Beta but I liked it so thought I'd go ahead and get it. I didn't think I'd be waiting an extra week for the bloody thing. I've never pre-ordered a game before so lesson learned.

If you REALLY want to play the beta of a game you should just pre order the digital version. You can still cancel them before release.

• Advertisement

What if you cancel it now and tell them it won't arrive on time.

Then buy the Gold Edition from Argentina for €41?

Advertisement