Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What if you cancel it now and tell them it won't arrive on time.

Then buy the Gold Edition from Argentina for €41?

Can't cancel it after it's been dispached. I just re-read the date for delivery is Monday the 21st not next Monday as I had originally presumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jayop wrote: »
    Can't cancel it after it's been dispached. I just re-read the date for delivery is Monday the 21st not next Monday as I had originally presumed.

Just get onto Customer Service and tell them you expected it for launch day not two weeks later.

They'll probably tell you to refuse delivery or take delivery and return straight away for a refund.

I know you'll be out of pocket for two weeks but it's up to you really.

logik wrote: »
    If you REALLY want to play the beta of a game you should just pre order the digital version. You can still cancel them before release.

Aye, lesson learnt big time. 2 weeks after release date for delivery of a pre-ordered game is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you REALLY want to play the beta of a game you should just pre order the digital version. You can still cancel them before release.

But you can never sell them on then

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got it from Amazon as well. Checked on the status last week and it was due to arrive 10-11 March. After it dispatched the doa changed to 18 March. I'm not too bothered but unlikely I will use them again.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got it from Amazon as well. Checked on the status last week and it was due to arrive 10-11 March. After it dispatched the doa changed to 18 March. I'm not too bothered but unlikely I will use them again.

That's Amazon's new carrier for Ireland Asendia. They are absolute muck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's Amazon's new carrier for Ireland Asendia. They are absolute muck

Yeah what's annoying is there's no way to check if they're the courier before it dispatched (or at least none I could see). I've got games from Amazon before that arrived on the date of release.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah what's annoying is there's no way to check if they're the courier before it dispatched (or at least none I could see). I've got games from Amazon before that arrived on the date of release.

I used PM because I didn't want to risk it going missing for a month or that.

Mine is with Royal Mail now.

Just on Cormac point of not being able to sell a digital copy, all my games are digital and I much prefer it that way. It broke my heart selling my 360 and games collection but unfortunately it had to be done, but I said I'd never sell my collection again.

I'm gone so lazy with digital now though i just say Xbox Play Destiny/Fallout. No changing disks like a filthy commoner for me :D

Woman Bring Beer for some reason dosnt work though :(

I just called them and despite it being dispached she said she's going to cancel the order. We'll see if that works I guess. Claimed it was because I selected free delivery that it was going to take two weeks.

Funny I ordered other items last week and they've just been dispatched with a delivery date of Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cormac... wrote: »
    But you can never sell them on then

No no, you pre order digital to get the beta code. Then cancel the pre order once the beta is over. Walk into a Smyths, Argos on release day and pick up the hard copy if you like.

So you get to play beta AND you get to sell the game on.

• Advertisement

What if you cancel it now and tell them it won't arrive on time.

Then buy the Gold Edition from Argentina for €41?

Have you a link for this?

Also where would be the cheapest place to buy it now in Ireland? Would €60 from CDKeys be a decent deal?

I just called them and despite it being dispached she said she's going to cancel the order. We'll see if that works I guess. Claimed it was because I selected free delivery that it was going to take two weeks.

Funny I ordered other items last week and they've just been dispatched with a delivery date of Wednesday.

They are taking a load of flack over delivery times lately.

No no, you pre order digital to get the beta code. Then cancel the pre order once the beta is over. Walk into a Smyths, Argos on release day and pick up the hard copy if you like.

So you get to play beta AND you get to sell the game on.

Ok, I thought you were talking about playing the full game on launch day, sorry
    Just on Cormac point of not being able to sell a digital copy, all my games are digital and I much prefer it that way. It broke my heart selling my 360 and games collection but unfortunately it had to be done, but I said I'd never sell my collection again.

I've never sold a console in my life (unless it was duplicate), and I've never sold anything that wasn't available via an online store (PSN, X-Box Market, Steam etc)

I've NO issue with selling my Fallout 4, Shadow of Mordor or Arkham Knight PS4 discs cause if I ever do decide I really want to play them again, I'll just buy them again digitally.

Now if you want to talk about me selling my copy of Sunset Riders on the SNES? well that's never going to happen, pry it from my cold dead hands.

Now that buying digitally is so easy, it makes sense to re-sell disc games if you're "Done" with them after X hours, which I VERY Much was with Fallout/Batman

I rarely find myself going back to single player campaign games much (where as strategy games like Civ, I would play for years) so no need hanging onto the disc.

Selling a console and your entire game collection is a totally different matter.

I mean I sold Fallout 4, but I never deleted my save files :P

Have you a link for this?

Also where would be the cheapest place to buy it now in Ireland? Would €60 from CDKeys be a decent deal?

I'll PM you after work.

Is €60 the base game? The base game is only €33 from Argentina.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Remember folks, no discussing how to bypass regional restrictions to buy the game from non-Irish stores.

Kiith wrote: »
    Remember folks, no discussing how to bypass regional restrictions to buy the game from non-Irish stores.

Sorry wasn't aware and point taken. My fault there.

No worries, wasn't aimed at you in particular, just a small reminder to everyone :)

Reading some of the threads on reddit makes me really wish i wasn't working tomorrow. Some people saying the story is actually pretty good, which i really hope is true.

Kiith wrote: »
    No worries, wasn't aimed at you in particular, just a small reminder to everyone :)

Reading some of the threads on reddit makes me really wish i wasn't working tomorrow. Some people saying the story is actually pretty good, which i really hope is true.

The back story should be great. I like the idea of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Id say they prolly is only 26 mission but they will be done in small little chapters, like go here do X finish that kill fathead at Y and onto the goods at Z kinda thing. Then I would wager you can do them all again on 2-3 difficulty settings for better gear etc.

Really looking forward to the game in the morning but I am gonna get the disc in Smyths and not order season pass for a few weeks at least.

If its absolute dire I will wash my hands with Ubisoft I tell you that....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Id say they prolly is only 26 mission but they will be done in small little chapters, like go here do X finish that kill fathead at Y and onto the goods at Z kinda thing. Then I would wager you can do them all again on 2-3 difficulty settings for better gear etc.

I ain't saying myself that 26 missions is bad, heck it's good.
    It's just that that is funnily enough what was in the base destiny game and people were left very much going "wtf is this? it's over" after 2 or 3 sittings.
    26 missions could be of epic length and scale..... just people seem to think Destiny came with about 11 missions, overall it was 26 (if you include VoG)
    Really looking forward to the game in the morning but I am gonna get the disc in Smyths and not order season pass for a few weeks at least

Smart cookie, disc copy for something like this for sure, even if you pay €65, at least you can re-coup ~€50 reselling
    If its absolute dire I will wash my hands with Ubisoft I tell you that....

Ubisoft don't deserve my good will..... but they do publish a lot of gams I do like
    I have more Ubi Points than I know what to do with, last time is spent some was in Anno 2070

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

If I get 40 hours out of it I'm happy. That'd be €1 an hour. I really enjoyed the Beta, so will probably rack that up quick enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We have a WhatsApp group for some of the lads that still play on Xbox.

Although we do tend to complain about everything and anything in there instead :D

If anyone wants to PM me numbers I'll create a Division What's App for Xbox.

Just make sure you include your GTs though or I won't have a clue who's who.

Short of a few distance interview I don't use skype so not sure but wouldn't that be better than whatsapp in this case

Varik wrote: »
    Short of a few distance interview I don't use skype so not sure but wouldn't that be better than whatsapp in this case

Skype? To just send a message out to say I'll be on in 5 who else is around?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

skype? lol, is it 2009 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What are the odds of being able to pick up a copy in store tomorrow having not pre-ordered?

I'd be very surprised if it sells out anywhere.

What are the odds of being able to pick up a copy in store tomorrow having not pre-ordered?

As Kiith says, the days of "Games selling out" are long dead now due to Digital Downloads etc.

After GTA5, I can't think of any other game truly being unavailable on launch day

Even MGS5 might not have been available in X but you could walk across to Y and get it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Coolio, thanks lads

Come to think of it, the last physical game I bought at launch is actually GTAV on the PS3!

Coolio, thanks lads

Come to think of it, the last physical game I bought at launch is actually GTAV on the PS3!

The times have changed Totz, it's a new dawn, a new day, a life!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

What is this skype you speak of?

All joking aside, the whatsapp is very handy for organizing times etc, or in my case for declaring a time i will be on at and not appearing for at least another hour :o:P

Advertisement