Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Blazer wrote: »
    Where's the base? In Manhattan?

Yep, it's after the first few side missions you can't skip. You will be level 4 by the time you get to the base and then the game starts proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was going to get this, but then thought of my time on Destiny and bought Bloodborne instead.

Will pick this up in a sale though.

• On that note, is there levels beyond 30 like you know for weapons and items ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Any XB1 or PS4 users adust graphics settings to get better FPS.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    On that note, is there levels beyond 30 like you know for weapons and items ect?

The weapons and gear add buffs to your stats so there is alot of strategy involved. You can go for a tank build or healer if you want, or just a general all rounder that is good with tech and turrets.

• Advertisement

• Any XB1 or PS4 users adust graphics settings to get better FPS.

good question,

I would like to know the avergae length of them main missions also

I just left it on standard and it's running fine on PS4. It's very smooth with not slow down noticed yet, a bit of late texture pop ins now and again but almost every console game has that to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Does it actually yield better FPS?

I wouldn't think it does, I'm sure you can just knock on and off visual effects a la BF4....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fieldog wrote: »
    Does it actually yield better FPS?

I wouldn't think it does, I'm sure you can just knock on and off visual effects a la BF4....
    The developers stated it does. Which is why they added the options to console platforms.

IdI like to see a digital foundry test to see its impact on FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The developers stated it does. Which is why they added the options to console platforms.

IdI like to see a digital foundry test to see its impact on FPS.

I'm sure you will see it in the next day or so.... :)

I played on PC and PS4, I will hold off on this one I think and see how it pans out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My copy from Amazon arrived in Parcel Motel depot up in Antrim this morning at around 6am so probably won't have it til tonight . That's the one thing about sending games from Amazon to Parcel Motel, they arrive on release day at PM and the customer the day after .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

At 62.99 Argos appears to be the cheapest place to pick up a physical copy today, anyone seen any cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My copy from Amazon arrived in Parcel Motel depot up in Antrim this morning at around 6am so probably won't have it til tonight . That's the one thing about sending games from Amazon to Parcel Motel, they arrive on release day at PM and the customer the day after .

Same with mine. I'd say they'll be in our lockers this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Same with mine. I'd say they'll be in our lockers this evening.

Yeah expected it to happen, Amazon seem to deliver for release day, not the day before like they used to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

At 62.99 Argos appears to be the cheapest place to pick up a physical copy today, anyone seen any cheaper?

For the sake of €7 you could have bought it from he store and been playing it last night. No physical coy though.
    I think it will be better than destiny, match making seems very good from the limited time I played last night

• Is the rumour of server issue true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is the rumour of server issue true?

I cant find anything on it, alot of my friends list are playing away. What have you heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

For the sake of €7 you could have bought it from he store and been playing it last night. No physical coy though.
    I think it will be better than destiny, match making seems very good from the limited time I played last night

Stuck at work all day today so would have been tonight before I can get stuck in anyways!! Good on the match making, doesnt seem to be any serious iseues thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is the rumour of server issue true?

I think they went down last night

• logik wrote: »
    I cant find anything on it, alot of my friends list are playing away. What have you heard?

http://kotaku.com/it-s-launch-night-and-the-division-s-servers-are-down-1763461367

Looks to be sorted now though

*Edit* loads of people on the ubi forums still reporting problems, not sure what platform though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Seen the GameCollection were selling it at approx £32 on a 1 day offer back a few weeks ago, I'm kicking myself I didn't go for it. What's the price in Tescos or Supervalu?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played last night without any problems, but that was before the US would have got on, so the load was probably not nearly as bad as when they got on.

Hopefully, its ok by the time I get on to play some more later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Of course theres gonna be some server issues, seriously its like everytime we have a new game everyone forgets what other launches were like and then you have the idiots comparing it to WoW or other games with years of established infrastructure, look back and check the stories of what wow and those were like at release. Its literally impossible no matter how much testing is done beforehand to account for every single situation that might crop up when a new game is released and the servers switch is flipped. All in all this seems to have had far less issues than other games in recent memory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Anyone know how much it is in supervalu and Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Just picked it up, looking forward to getting stuck in. Any interest in getting a PSN chat going? Or is there one already active I could perhaps get added to? Feel free to add me anyone that hasn't, my psn is goon_magee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Going by the intro missions it's impressive so far. Very enjoyable and great match making system.

I can't be the only one amazed by how limited the character customisation is? Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but very disappointing to see that it really has barely expanded upon what was in the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

goon_magee wrote: »
    I can't be the only one amazed by how limited the character customisation is? Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but very disappointing to see that it really has barely expanded upon what was in the beta.

As some who always picks a default character it doesn't bother me in the slightest , just pick a character and get gaming not spend 2 hours picking my characters eyebrow structure .

As some who always picks a default character it doesn't bother me in the slightest , just pick a character and get gaming not spend 2 hours picking my characters eyebrow structure .

Fair enough, not saying I would spend 2 hours in a character customisation on eyebrows, your example is a bit extreme, just saying in multiplayer game like this a bit more customisation would be appreciated for those of us who do like to tinker with that sorta thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just heard from a friend that people are maxed out level-wise already. Any truth to that?

I probably won't get playing until tomorrow at this stage. Hope there's still people doing early co-op missions by then!

Advertisement