Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Just heard from a friend that people are maxed out level-wise already. Any truth to that?

I probably won't get playing until tomorrow at this stage. Hope there's still people doing early co-op missions by then!

Not seeing anyone even past level 5 yet on my friends list so wouldn't worry too much. Always going to get the few people who no life it for a couple days straight in a race to the end as if the endgame content is going to disappear somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

goon_magee wrote: »
    Fair enough, not saying I would spend 2 hours in a character customisation on eyebrows, your example is a bit extreme, just saying in multiplayer game like this a bit more customisation would be appreciated for those of us who do like to tinker with that sorta thing.

The system for adjusting weapon perks and load outs is very clunky compared to destiny IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Just heard from a friend that people are maxed out level-wise already. Any truth to that?

I probably won't get playing until tomorrow at this stage. Hope there's still people doing early co-op missions by then!

They'll probably drip feed incremental increases in level via some dastardly DLC scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Riddled with bugs... Thankfully I didn't buy this game, and at 60 euro on Steam? Rip off. I am so fed up of games going tits up on first release. First patch better be soon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Working perfectly fine here. Enjoyable enough so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is achievements/trophys for doing all missions at level 30 on hard so you should see high level people going back to early missions again.

Riddled with bugs... Thankfully I didn't buy this game, and at 60 euro on Steam? Rip off. I am so fed up of games going tits up on first release. First patch better be soon.

It has been patch already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

If you didn't buy it how do you know it's riddled with bugs?

The beta was very smooth. I'm looking forward to jumping in after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

eggy81 wrote: »
    The system for adjusting weapon perks and load outs is very clunky compared to destiny IMO.

Yeah I definitely agree there, the whole UI in general feels slightly clunky after spending so much time with Destiny, especially with how streamlined everything became post TTK

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No bugs for me anyway (PC), and worked perfectly for the two hours i played last night. Don't mind the lack of character customization when creating characters, as you seem to get plenty of gear that changes your looks.

I'm sporting a striking white winter jacket and simply adorable trooper hat at the moment :P

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm sporting a striking white winter jacket and simply adorable trooper hat at the moment :P

You sound fabulous

It has been patch already.

I have only downloaded it within the last hour, I will check for updates in a moment, see if that works.
    Noxin wrote: »
    If you didn't buy it how do you know it's riddled with bugs?

Not sure what you are getting at here.

The loading screen takes quite some time to complete. There's a list of bugs to be found here, I doubt it's an exhaustive list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Level 7 at the moment and getting some crashes to desktop. Was once every so often but have just had 2 in 30seconds in a coop mission

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There seems to matchmaking for everything so far which is great.

I have only downloaded it within the last hour, I will check for updates in a moment, see if that works.

Not sure what you are getting at here.

The loading screen takes quite some time to complete. There's a list of bugs to be found here, I doubt it's an exhaustive list.

You said in your other post that you didn't buy the game. So I was curious how you knew it was riddled with bugs..:confused:
    Now I see you've downloaded it yourself in the last hour. Maybe you got it as a gift, I dunno.

Either way, it's a list of bugs that not everybody is getting. As I said, I didn't have any problems during beta. So I'm looking forward to testing it out after work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You said in your other post that you didn't buy the game. So I was curious how you knew it was riddled with bugs..:confused:
    Now I see you've downloaded it yourself in the last hour. Maybe you got it as a gift, I dunno.

Either way, it's a list of bugs that not everybody is getting. As I said, I didn't have any problems during beta. So I'm looking forward to testing it out after work. :D

I think he meant he didn't buy it from steam for €60.

I got it with a GPU I bought recently. I've followed all the standard bug troubleshooting steps. Will redownload and see if that sorts it. I was looking forward to playing this as it looks fantastic. I wasn't so much looking forward to trying to troubleshoot it first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Played last night from 11:10 to about 1:30 am.

Perfect launch night for me, not a hitch. Game plays gorgous, looks gorgous, rock solid 60FPS on high settings for me, even during hectice fire fights. Played with three friends up to Madison Square before logging off for bed. Had an absolute blast.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Played last night from 11:10 to about 1:30 am.

Perfect launch night for me, not a hitch. Game plays gorgous, looks gorgous, rock solid 60FPS on high settings for me, even during hectice fire fights. Played with three friends up to Madison Square before logging off for bed. Had an absolute blast.

Hey Doc,

How long are the missions in length?
    Also, anything wild happen in them bar shooting the enemy?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

How is it running on ps4 lads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

****ing typical of my luck. Sat up till 3 last night for the agrie servers and then the electric went off for four hours in my whole area.

Got a quick run through to level 3 just now. How do I find my Trooper gear I got with gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

streaming a bit now (pc version) if anyone's interested
    https://youtu.be/3jiEclXQ6VU

Can the game be played single player or do you have to play with others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Does anyone know if supervalu selling this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can be played as single player but not offline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You can play a lot of the missions single player and TBH the lower level ones are better Single Player as they're too easy when you co-op them. I'd imagine once you level up you'll need to join other to do the more difficult missions.

You don't need friends online though because you can matchmake with other players who are looking to do the same missions.

I got it with a GPU I bought recently. I've followed all the standard bug troubleshooting steps. Will redownload and see if that sorts it. I was looking forward to playing this as it looks fantastic. I wasn't so much looking forward to trying to troubleshoot it first :P

That's fair enough. Yea no fun having to fix a game before you even get to launch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I haven't seen anything in the display options on Xbox One for lowering certain graphics features to increase FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

thegame983 wrote: »
    How is it running on ps4 lads?

Played a little last night on PS4, and everything worked fine for me.

• Advertisement

Servers are now completely unstable on PS4. Constant Delta servers failures. Up to the usual Ubi standard. It was fine last night but not now with all the traffic.

Thing is this game is useless with no serves as it can't run at all.

Advertisement