Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Any lads playing on Xbox One? Didn't even think Id like this game but loved the Beta. Im trying to get my mic sorted but for some reason I can't hear through the headset, it all comes through the TV so can't make out what people are saying half the time!

Feel free to add: Kirk the dog

joe123 wrote: »
    Any lads playing on Xbox One? Didn't even think Id like this game but loved the Beta. Im trying to get my mic sorted but for some reason I can't hear through the headset, it all comes through the TV so can't make out what people are saying half the time!

Are you on the preview dash? Theres a setting that allows you to output voice chat to tv, headset or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mr.S wrote:
    Er....how to you access the laptop in the first safe room, when I interact with it, I type on it and then backaway and nothing happens

You probably got it by now but for others, if you cant get passed the activation by the laptop. Just walk outside, run about 200metres or more away from the building. Then bring up your map with back/select button. Highlight laptop room and press Y/Triangle to matchmake to find a game with a random group of people. This will get you an achievement and you'll also be able to use the laptop first time no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I was playing it all day yesterday, and not a single hitch whatsoever. I am now lvl 12 and only did the 3 basic missions to open up the wings in Base Operations. All the rest was side missions and acting the maggot. Everything i dome was by myself and i really enjoyed it. Yes the cover system is a tad gloopy but after a few hours it's second nature and fluid when u get use to it. Deffo harder then beta and I had to wipe a few times killing bosses 2-3 levels up. Got some nice loot too but did not go near the DZ yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

logik wrote: »
    Yeah, I played the first 3 story missions last night on hard with some mates. They have made it alot harder and altered some of the enemy spawn areas to catch you off-guard. I love that it is a challenge now, they needed to do it. We were steam rolling the beta on hard so delighted that I am being killed a few times now.

Yeah, its definitely more difficult, but in a good way. I played through the prologue up to where you get your home base, there was a random encounter on the street and I got mowed down pretty quickly.

I dont know if its my imagination or not, but the game seems to look a bit better too. There was an area where the christmas lights were up on trees, snow was falling and it really looked cool opposite the heaps of rubbish and abandoned cars in the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Goon and JCD will you add me to any respective division chats plz. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Goon and JCD will you add me to any respective division chats plz. Cheers guys.

Done on behalf of jcd and goon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Played a good bit yesterday ... some bugs as others have mentioned, but I am enjoying it so far. Hit level 13 (12 in DZ) .... tough at points but fun.

Dark zone was where it was most fun for me ... and managed to snag some decent loot.

Advise to anyone upgrading the base - one of the mods for the security wing gives you a dark zone vendor in the Post Office - prioritize this and the advanced weapon vendor for really good blue and purple gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I dont know if its my imagination or not, but the game seems to look a bit better too. There was an area where the christmas lights were up on trees, snow was falling and it really looked cool opposite the heaps of rubbish and abandoned cars in the street.

100% looks better than the beta definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Played a good bit yesterday ... some bugs as others have mentioned, but I am enjoying it so far. Hit level 13 (12 in DZ) .... tough at points but fun.

Dark zone was where it was most fun for me ... and managed to snag some decent loot.

Advise to anyone upgrading the base - one of the mods for the security wing gives you a dark zone vendor in the Post Office - prioritize this and the advanced weapon vendor for really good blue and purple gear.
    Add your reply here.

Got this one now.

I remember hearing there is a currency converter to change your cash into dark zone cash do you know how to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Panda4321 - Would love an add on PS4. I won't betray anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

All in all yesterday I only played up to saving the doc.
    As I said before - game is deffo more difficult than the beta and yes, it is in a good way. Beta mobs were just cannon fodder. If you come across an enemy with a yellow icon on him, he's gonna be harder to kill. Ran into one who had a normal buddy in some close quarters back garden type area. His buddy went down in a second but he mowed me down very shortly after.
    Much easier once I had some distance on him but that still didn't stop him hitting like a truck. I had to constantly hide in cover and let my heath regain.

Cleared out the lvl 2-4 zone of all side missions which is great for initial gear. Even crafted myself a nice blue AK47.
    Quick tip - do not sell your old weapons. Deconstruct them or whatever its called. The green weapon parts can be upgraded to blue etc.. in the crafting station. Very handy.
    After that I did the doc rescue mission and finished up for the evening.

Really enjoyed it anyway and not even got near DZ yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Anyone got or know of a guide around the inventory? I'm just not sure what some of the symbols mean in relation to, for example, armour. I could have a level 3 armour which is better than a level 4 due to a mod or something being on it.

Also, when and where do I pick up scarves and pants?! I've a bazillion jackets, but no change of cacks. :pac:

Quite enjoying this so far (PS4).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

This is a much better game when played on Hard or up. Much better loot and its feels more rewarding after dying multiple times and cursing the game upon completing missions. Anyone claimed the freebies from the Ubisoft club page like Rainbow 6 Siege?

madcabbage wrote: »
    This is a much better game when played on Hard or up. Much better loot and its feels more rewarding after dying multiple times and cursing the game upon completing missions. Anyone claimed the freebies from the Ubisoft club page like Rainbow 6 Siege?

Yep. The cosmetic items are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

joe123 wrote: »

Sent you a FR.

If anyone else is playing on Xbox, add myself Aimman. Cheers

Aimman wrote: »
    Sent you a FR.

If anyone else is playing on Xbox, add myself Aimman. Cheers

I'll be on this evening I'd say though I'll be playing solo for a bit to get to grips with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How does gear and levels work in the Dark Zone? Will you regularly meet people with a massive advantage, or do people get baseline stats when going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Kiith wrote: »
    How does gear and levels work in the Dark Zone? Will you regularly meet people with a massive advantage, or do people get baseline stats when going in?

You will level up in Darkzone separately. Yes gear there requires a certain DarkZone level to get and yes, you will encounter some who are very over geared and want to troll.
    The best way to test it out is to just jump in. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick. Look some crappy gear and just try to send it out. You'll understand what happens when you do.

If you're constantly getting killed, try logging off and back on. You'll end up in a different DZ instance that might be a bit more friendly. I've ran around doing extraction after extraction without being attacked at all at times.

Just don't horde your loot. Don't wait until you have 6 blues in your pack before trying to extract. Do it often. Even crap loot has it's use.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kiith wrote: »

It operates in brackets for level ( you played wow, so somewhat similar) and there is no squish on stats or gear. And thats fair enough imo, if you are in there taking the risks you should be rewarded :)

Worth remembering that the DZ looks nearly entirely different at max level in terms of NPC's and stuff, so make sure to get in a few times before max to just check it out.

Weird seeing some people mention they played all day and are like level 12 and stuff. I put in another three hours, so I'm 7 hours played now(stupid work) and I'm level 12.

Might get to level 14 which is the bracket cap for that range, and do some DZ tonight to get some gear upgrades.

Another night with our party of four last night. More NPC and PvE action. I'm really REALLY enjoying this game. We are doing everything on hard and while we havn't wiped, there has been some proper close calls.

Enemies seem pretty decent in terms of trying to flank and putting down suppressing fire.

I havn't actually checked, will look specifically tonight, but it appears like you do much more damage when shooting a target from the side or back. Granted that might sound obvious, not every game would factor that in. We started flanking enemies instead of being just static behind cover in frontal fights, and appeared to clear out NPC's a lot quicker.

the gun selection is brilliant. I'm a bit of a firearm fan, so to find basically all my favourites in this, is pretty nice. Rocking a Scar at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Go the 3 parts of the base unlocked. Will do some more main missions and side missions tonight. Will probably take things slowly. The single player is pretty good and its good to have the option to match make any mission as well.

Yeah ... we were in a group of three playing the missions on hard mode and they were taking forever. Just constantly running out of ammo being several levels below the mission level.

Then we found out that the mission scaled hard mode to our squad leader (who was three levels above us). Which is why we were having such a miserable time - once we clocked that problem we ramped through stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Yeah ... we were in a group of three playing the missions on hard mode and they were taking forever. Just constantly running out of ammo being several levels below the mission level.

Then we found out that the mission scaled hard mode to our squad leader (who was three levels above us). Which is why we were having such a miserable time - once we clocked that problem we ramped through stuff.

That would explain the trouble is was having last night. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Must say I'm really enjoying this. Had a fairly good 5 or so hour session last night with some mates. The sense of satisfaction we got from cleaning through some of the missions was great! Lvl 10 now, dz lvl 8, with a fairly tasty classic ak-47. The story is engaging me which I wasn't really expecting. Happy I put the money down!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Good division info to check out.

Player Stats - Firearms, Stamina, Electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have added a few people from here on XB1
    Tag :Airblazer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Great to know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

In case anyone is having crash issues on the PC. Try underclocking your gfx card. I underclocked it by just 10mhz and I haven't had a crash since.

New g-sync monitor and gfx card arriving tomorrow. Was going to wait till Pascal but decided that I'd buy top of the range monitor and a gtx 970 to tide me over for a year till I do a proper upgrade. Can't wait to see what it will look like! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Playing this on xbox gt Dunworth1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

Having great fun playing this with friends online ! A couple of lads I know got up early and played an hour before work haha like kids do before school ��

Advertisement