Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Quick 2 min trip into dark zone, kill a few ncps, get a contaminated item. Call in extraction, get ambushed instantly by 3 fuuck buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Quick 2 min trip into dark zone, kill a few ncps, get a contaminated item. Call in extraction, get ambushed instantly by 3 fuuck buddies.

Welcome to the dark zone

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am not convinced about the dark zone, it seems a little dull to me. It's also really barren, I thought it was quiet in the beta just because it was the beta, but you can actually run around for quite a while and not see anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

awec wrote: »
    I am not convinced about the dark zone, it seems a little dull to me. It's also really barren, I thought it was quiet in the beta just because it was the beta, but you can actually run around for quite a while and not see anyone.

I just had my first go in there and actually found it quite eventful, ended up bumping into a huge gang of people, at least 8 or 9 all using mics on the proximity chat, who carried me through some encounters that were a bit beyond my level.

I could have just got lucky with the instance I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

goon_magee wrote: »
    I just had my first go in there and actually found it quite eventful, ended up bumping into a huge gang of people, at least 8 or 9 all using mics on the proximity chat, who carried me through some encounters that were a bit beyond my level.

I could have just got lucky with the instance I was in.

Speaking from both the open and closed beta, 80% of people I met were friendly and we often teamed up to take out rogues or swarms of enemies. Haven't gotten around to the full game yet, it's sitting at home on my PC waiting for me to devour it at the weekend :D

• Advertisement

Speaking from both the open and closed beta, 80% of people I met were friendly and we often teamed up to take out rogues or swarms of enemies. Haven't gotten around to the full game yet, it's sitting at home on my PC waiting for me to devour it at the weekend :D

Nice, from what I can see the benefits of playing fair far outweigh the benefits from going rogue, I just don't see the massive XP loss that comes with getting killed as a rogue worth it. On ps4 myself, enjoy the game man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

They appear to have nerfed the rewards for going rogue - I went rogue only once so far and didn't get a whole lot for my efforts. Then spent a few minutes killing NPCs and made far more from that with the same amount of time invested.

Lads - priorities dark zone vendor and advanced weapons vendor from the security upgrades - last night the weapons vendor was selling a purple M4 and sniper. Ten minutes later after reset he was selling a purple ACR and purple shotgun ... I'm only rank 16, but both the DZ vendor and AW vendor are over delivering on the goods compared to DZ located vendors in the areas I can safely access at this level.

Two evenings of play - no green gear anymore, all a mix of purples and blue ... and I'm only level 16!

Love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Still having servers problems playing on PS4 at peak times. I never had a single drop out in the open beta but this is just unplayable for me over the past 2 days. After it drops out it takes a very long time to find a new server.

You need more capacity for PSN players Ubi, PSN traffic is currently twice that of XBL players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Picked this up last night after reading some of the commentary on this thread. Not my usual kind of game but really enjoying it so far. Just got to the safe house in Manhatten and completed the doctor mission with two dudes online, we got our asses kicked.

Can't wait to progress.

PSN: Paolo264

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Had my first foray into the DZ last night, and really enjoyed it. I was underleveled for the enemies i was fighting, but managed it with the help of two others. Got myself some nice gear, died on extraction a few times, and can't wait to give it another go :)

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying going into DZ slightly under level. You also get better drops that way (or at least it seems to me) and as long as you're playing with a group who mesh well together it's usually not overwhelming.

Starting to get to a stage now where my gear does manage to enemies even if I'm two levels below.

Another tip - don't understimate skills on items. Finding armor with 'heal on kill' is great to keep you alive, or some gloves give increased damage with certain weapon types.

Blue guns or higher also have talents - try to balance your med, security and tech points to make sure they're active and not grayed out. Some will give pretty good boosts to headshot damage for example - or my favorite on a DMR is to have the Blind talent active - giving headshots a chance to blind an opponent. Great for taking out tank-y bosses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What is going on in the DZ lads, I am level 17 in game and zero in the DZ. Went in last night at about 1am with a boardsie and the place was totally empty of live players I mean nothing for 2 hours, just hoards of yellow elites and purples......even if you engage them you CANNOT RUN AWAY! They constantly chase you around so you fall back only to bump into a different group and you constantly dying not much fun at all TBH. You should be able to engage and dis-engage to ammo up etc.

Then when you call in the extraction they swarm the place with elites and purple same lvl and higher makes it nigh on impossible to play solo or just two....maybe I was getting swarmed as no other live players in server but it was a constant chore just to move around. I did rank up the DZ lvl to 9 in about 30 mins all the same. So deffo big changes to the beta but I am not entirely sure its for the better.....

BTW,

Was playing again from 8pm to early hours did not experience any issues at all with servers or game. Thank God.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What is going on in the DZ lads, I am level 17 in game and zero in the DZ. Went in last night at about 1am with a boardsie and the place was totally empty of live players I mean nothing for 2 hours, just hoards of yellow elites and purples......even if you engage them you CANNOT RUN AWAY! They constantly chase you around so you fall back only to bump into a different group and you constantly dying not much fun at all TBH. You should be able to engage and dis-engage to ammo up etc.

Then when you call in the extraction they swarm the place with elites and purple same lvl and higher makes it nigh on impossible to play solo or just two....maybe I was getting swarmed as no other live players in server but it was a constant chore just to move around. I did rank up the DZ lvl to 9 in about 30 mins all the same. So deffo big changes to the beta but I am not entirely sure its for the better.....

Yeah, quite annoying the way they swarm the extraction. I've found that calling the extraction in such a way so that the rope is lowered away from th enemies, easier to just hide out and make a dash for the rope without engaging them.

My only gripe with the game (and its subjective so not necessarily a flaw) is that I find the hard mission difficulty to be a bit unbalanced and feels like too much of a jump from normal. Seems a bit much making every single enemy an elite or purple and pretty much maxing out armour on everything in sight. I've found it ramps the difficulty up to the point where you can't even use tactics, because you just get rushed and swarmed so fast that the only option is to hide out taking potshots every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I think the hard mode is so u can return to early levels when u really ranked up, not so you go back and do them 4 or 5 levels up. Although having a purple police m4 that would shoot the eye of a spider does help. It cost me 19k and my DPS is over 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

So everyone knows them ridiculously annoying elite snipers, ive seen a post on reddit of how to kill them easily!

My squad and I ran into a group of 4 elite enemies, all of which were snipers. They were killing us in 1-2 shots...until we figured out a much easier way to take them out.
    The AI snipers will pull out a weak secondary sidearm if you get close to them. From there, you can unload on them with no fear.
    Suppress, flank and rush up on them. They will panic and pull out their pistol.
    Don't try to snipe them or try to get dozens of headshots. Save your ammo and make it easier and much quicker of a fight.

Also - get the sawn off shotgun as a side arm. Bought a decent one yesterday - now I'm able to deal with any axe rushers - two rounds will down most things, and the range is much further than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Also - get the sawn off shotgun as a side arm. Bought a decent one yesterday - now I'm able to deal with any axe rushers - two rounds will down most things, and the range is much further than I expected.

I'm only up to level 7 but got a longbarrel R870 shotgun, a blast of that to the face sorts out most fellas trying to have a go.

I must say, I'm impressed so far. had a cool moment last night where I was getting rushed by a lot of the cleaner crew enemies with the plywood shield. I found a room where they'd been making the shield, with stacks of plywood and spraypaint scattered around.

We came across two enemies in the dark zone who we caught with their pants down ... literally! They were down an alley relieving themselves against a wall when we opened up on them. Small thing, but class and unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I must say, I'm impressed so far. had a cool moment last night where I was getting rushed by a lot of the cleaner crew enemies with the plywood shield. I found a room where they'd been making the shield, with stacks of plywood and spraypaint scattered around.

The continuity in the game is brilliant, its all the little things like that that make it that bit better.

It was also a great feeling buying that purple M4 with about 15 seconds left on the clock and bringing my DPS from circa 6k up to 11k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

We came across two enemies in the dark zone who we caught with their pants down ... literally! They were down an alley relieving themselves against a wall when we opened up on them. Small thing, but class and unexpected.

Uncalled for man. You could have at least let them finish before shredding them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The continuity in the game is brilliant, its all the little things like that that make it that bit better.

It was also a great feeling buying that purple M4 with about 15 seconds left on the clock and bringing my DPS from circa 6k up to 11k

have to also mention, on the mission to open the security wing of the base, there was a section with a lot of cars abandoned in the road, between one of them was an open suitcase and a childs bunny rabbit was leaning against it. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

have to also mention, on the mission to open the security wing of the base, there was a section with a lot of cars abandoned in the road, between one of them was an open suitcase and a childs bunny rabbit was leaning against it. :(

A tribute to Con-Air :P

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

One of the best games I've played in a long time.

Slight addiction too it which is a bit sad at my age! ha

Burkie7 wrote: »
    One of the best games I've played in a long time.

Slight addiction too it which is a bit sad at my age! ha

I hope to be addicted to games this much when/if I'm 80 :pac:

Here is the list of changes implemented during the maintenance of Thursday, March 10, 2016:

- Fixed the Brooklyn safe house activation issue: Players no longer need to interact with the laptop to complete their activation
    - Fixed missing roaming groups of NPCs in the Dark Zone
    - Various server stability improvements

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Still awaiting my copy from Amazon ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

awec wrote: »

Must have been the instanced version you were placed in .Beta was packed and a warzone, and the one foray I've had in live, was absolutely manic and incredible fun.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I think the hard mode is so u can return to early levels when u really ranked up, not so you go back and do them 4 or 5 levels up. Although having a purple police m4 that would shoot the eye of a spider does help. It cost me 19k and my DPS is over 10k

Hard move provides better drops. so when it comes to gearing your character for the roles you want to do, you might run hard mode on stuff to get the better gear.

I've ran most missions hard mode from the get go with our group, and we look to be vastly outgearing content of equal level. So it's definitely paying off. And it's also incredible tough and enjoyable

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    So everyone knows them ridiculously annoying elite snipers, ive seen a post on reddit of how to kill them easily!

My squad and I ran into a group of 4 elite enemies, all of which were snipers. They were killing us in 1-2 shots...until we figured out a much easier way to take them out.
    The AI snipers will pull out a weak secondary sidearm if you get close to them. From there, you can unload on them with no fear.
    Suppress, flank and rush up on them. They will panic and pull out their pistol.
    Don't try to snipe them or try to get dozens of headshots. Save your ammo and make it easier and much quicker of a fight.

This is what I'm really enjoying about the game, its promoting tactical play and intelligence. We have been dealing with snipers by putting them into suppressed mode (so basically keeping their heads down) and we have two guys move cover to cover.

Remember that if you target cover and hold SPACE, you kinda burst it to the cover, and are more rsistent to damage then if you just"run". So firing and manouvering is a big pay off when dealing with snipers, and even just tough elites in general.

I've taken a talent that basically puts enemy NPC's under suppression quicker , and it's paying off in spades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When you go into a mission as a group, I presume it is set to normal difficulty as standard? If one group member sets it to hard and everyone then moves in, does that mean all members are doing it in hard mode or do you have to do the matchmaking for that to happen?

Advertisement