Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

When you go into a mission as a group, I presume it is set to normal difficulty as standard? If one group member sets it to hard and everyone then moves in, does that mean all members are doing it in hard mode or do you have to do the matchmaking for that to happen?

It is the group leader that dictates the difficulty level of a mission. You can't have 1 player on Hard and the other three players on Normal. The leader has the ability to set all mission parameters and also the ability to restart a mission. The other 3 players cannot do this.

If you are playing with random people, when you select Hard mode the matchmaking will search for other players on Hard mode only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

logik wrote: »
    It is the group leader that dictates the difficulty level of a mission. You can't have 1 player on Hard and the other three players on Normal. The leader has the ability to set all mission parameters and also the ability to restart a mission. The other 3 players cannot do this.

If you are playing with random people, when you select Hard mode the matchmaking will search for other players on Hard mode only.

I'm just legging it around in a group with two others, though. Does the group leader have to set it to hard and then invite the others through the matchmaking, or can he set it to hard and then everyone just charge in?

Did I just ask the same question twice? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

How do you get electronics for crafting? I've picked up some randomly from a box ages ago, but there doesnt seem to be any regular way of getting them, at least none that i've found yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

How do you get electronics for crafting? I've picked up some randomly from a box ages ago, but there doesnt seem to be any regular way of getting them, at least none that i've found yet.

They are rewards from certain side missions - you'll find them in cases. After the mission is complete you'll still find the cases at the same location every so often - they'll be marked on your map (electronic supplies).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

They are rewards from certain side missions - you'll find them in cases. After the mission is complete you'll still find the cases at the same location every so often - they'll be marked on your map (electronic supplies).

Think they respawn at the same location like every 2 hours. Same applies to cloth and tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wow, level 14 and only after figuring out I can have 3 weapons equipped at once. Not just the primary & secondary but 2 Primary & 1 secondary. ffs :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've spent 9 hours playing and I'm really enjoying it. My guns are a few levels below me so that's a bit of a problem and I need to spend some time in the DZ to improve the situation. I was in last night with one other buddy and the DZ was packed with other players and UI enemies. Outside one of the spawn zones for about half an hour there was an epic battle with everyone gone rogue and killing each other for the lols. It was fun for a few minutes but I ended up spawning away from it to try to play the game right but these guys ended up rampaging around.

The missions are simply gorgeous. The level of detail is stunning and sometimes after a fire fight I'll just stand looking around me.

This guy was changing scopes on his gun, then this happened :pac:

http://i.imgur.com/Ov2XNBA.gifv

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow, level 14 and only after figuring out I can have 3 weapons equipped at once. Not just the primary & secondary but 2 Primary & 1 secondary. ffs :o

Say Whaaaaaat?

Jayop wrote: »
    Say Whaaaaaat?

In your inventory, between your primary and secondary weapons is a blank space. Click into it to choose what other primary weapon you want to use :eek:

• Advertisement

In your inventory, between your primary and secondary weapons is a blank space. Click into it to choose what other primary weapon you want to use :eek:

I'll be trying that.

How do you then switch between them? Same thing?

I'll be trying that.

How do you then switch between them? Same thing?

Yeah, same way as switching between your primary/secondary. Y/Triangle on XB1/PS4.

Handy to have an aul sniper rifle at the ready :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How did you not see that? lol Even on the beta that was there, they were giving you 3 weapons for a reason! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

This guy was changing scopes on his gun, then this happened :pac:

http://i.imgur.com/Ov2XNBA.gifv

Hahaha that's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I was planning to wait a few weeks before picking this up, but initial reviews were positive and I cracked and bought it !
    Still downloading (damn slow internet), but it does allow you to jump in and play the intro part in Brooklyn before the full game has downloaded.

Played the first mission solo on normal and it was fine, then repeated it on hard with two randoms and it was brilliant !

Should have the full game ready for after the United match tonight, can't wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

haha yeah that threw me off a bit in the beta.

Although I think its really clever. It will probably come into more the forefront when it comes to groups having established roles.

The way they are setting it up, it would be possible to execute two roles at once really. In our group, we all haven assault rifle as a primary, one of us has a sniper, two have SMG's and I have a shotgun. So when we hit long range engagements we have a sniper, and when we are in CQB we have three guys who can mix it up.

I have to say the more I've been playing it, its such clever design all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Agree on the clever design Doc. In lots of small subtle ways.
    This has been designed rather than thrown together, and it shows.

Shiminay wrote: »
    How did you not see that? lol Even on the beta that was there, they were giving you 3 weapons for a reason! :D

Yeah I know I can have a primary, a secondary and a side arm.

Are you guys saying that I can have a 4th gun or am I misreading this>?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

seems to be fairly rare, i've a few on the map alright but they're sparse man :/

Oh well, guess i can craft that epic holster later so :)

You're misreading it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

You have a primary, secondary and a sidearm. You can set two assault rifles as your primary and secondary though.

Ah yeah, I have that. You unlock the second space at around level 3 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really enjoy the NPC scripting and conversations too. On one of the side missions(or maybe its an encounter) where you need to disrupt an arms deal, we decided to sit back and just "see what happens".

There was a full suite of NPC dialogue and scripting, that resulted in a scenario where the Reiker guy took a joke the wrong way, and the two parties ended up blowing each other away. We cleaned up the last like two living NPC's and just completed the mission. Some serious depth and detail went into this, and it's really appreciated.

It's great when you come across some of the factions in a firefight against each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really enjoy the NPC scripting and conversations too. On one of the side missions(or maybe its an encounter) where you need to disrupt an arms deal, we decided to sit back and just "see what happens".

There was a full suite of NPC dialogue and scripting, that resulted in a scenario where the Reiker guy took a joke the wrong way, and the two parties ended up blowing each other away. We cleaned up the last like two living NPC's and just completed the mission. Some serious depth and detail went into this, and it's really appreciated.

It's great when you come across some of the factions in a firefight against each other :D

The films are class as well, the one that was taken from a police car camera was mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Then you have the silly hostage rescue missions and you bust open the door after killing maybe 4 dudes and in the case in the same room as hostages is a shotgun for a reward lmao. Why didn't the hostage use it to kill all the dudes lol. How can you be a hostage with a shotgun there......crazy haha

Only had time for a quick look tonight.... made a character and got into cover and tested my weapon :o

Visually I was expecting more? It's about as pretty as watchdogs was, not something I have issue with really I care more about gameplay, but did think it might look better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Only had time for a quick look tonight.... made a character and got into cover and tested my weapon :o

Visually I was expecting more? It's about as pretty as watchdogs was, not something I have issue with really I care more about gameplay, but did think it might look better :(

Gameplay beats Watchdogs hands down though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I'm just legging it around in a group with two others, though. Does the group leader have to set it to hard and then invite the others through the matchmaking, or can he set it to hard and then everyone just charge in?

Did I just ask the same question twice? :o

Yeah you have :)

If the group leader sets it, it changes for all the party members. You can all just charge in on Hard mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I actually came in to say how impressed I was with the visuals. The only other game I have actually stood around admiring the scenery was The Witcher 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Completely forgot how to throw grenades completely last night. Much annoyance until I figured it out again. Got my ass kicked in the meantime.

Advertisement