Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Found a subway station near an extract point last night that's basically a loot dungeon. Every single run into the place has yielded about 15,000 credits in sold stuff - helped by the fact that the extract point also attracts yellow bar enemies ... which also drop more gear. Usually end up calling in a second extraction straight after the first to get more stuff out.

The stuff itself is okay ... but using the funds from selling the stuff to buy purple stuff from the advanced weapons vendor is where it's most useful. One night of raiding the place and all my weapons are now purple/rare plus a few extra bits of rare armour.

To Doc's earlier point about tactical play - the extraction point I'm talking about gets hit 360 when you call in a chopper. The enemies are all at the same level as us or higher - only way you survive is to move from cover to cover and to call out threats ... but once you do that it's very do-able. The satisfaction from surviving the extraction and getting the loot out is good too...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Keyzer wrote: »
    Completely forgot how to throw grenades completely last night. Much annoyance until I figured it out again. Got my ass kicked in the meantime.

Had exactly the same thing happened to me during a mission yesterday, its not intuitive at all imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are the grenades really meant for direct damage in this game? Even the most basic enemies seem to dodge them, so they seem only useful for flushing them out instead.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I actually came in to say how impressed I was with the visuals. The only other game I have actually stood around admiring the scenery was The Witcher 3.

Oh I only had 10 minutes with it so I was perhaps being very unfair to it and with tired eyes. Just my initial reaction to loading in to the game was 'oh I was expecting it to look better' not that it looked bad by any stretch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

One thing that is kinda of annoying me is the MAIN mission list setup. For example, I want to complete them all on Hard but it becomes very difficult to do this when you are slightly above the recommended level for the mission.

I am in the area for levels 5-9 but my character is level 10. When I click on a main mission and set the difficulty to Hard and then select matchmaking there is a high chance of players joining my game that are level 5,6,7,8 or 9. They are at an immediate disadvantage because the game will ALWAYS set the enemies level to that of the highest level player in the party.

So for a level 5 player in a level 10 Hard mode mission, they may aswell throw stones at the enemy.

I can see why the developers have done this, it is designed to stop a level 20 player running a level 10 player through the HARD mode missions with ease. In this case it would set the enemies to level 20 meaning the level 10 player would be mauled.

It just means that if you do side missions to level you character and avoid the main story it becomes harder and harder to complete the main story on hard mode. I want to complete all the missions on hard because they are a challenge and the loot is always better.

At the moment i only have the first story mission from each wing complete but I am already level 10 due to side missions. The main story missions are going to be a grind on hard mode sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

logik wrote: »
    One thing that is kinda of annoying me is the MAIN mission list setup. For example, I want to complete them all on Hard but it becomes very difficult to do this when you are slightly above the recommended level for the mission.

I am in the area for levels 5-9 but my character is level 10. When I click on a main mission and set the difficulty to Hard and then select matchmaking there is a high chance of players joining my game that are level 5,6,7,8 or 9. They are at an immediate disadvantage because the game will ALWAYS set the enemies level to that of the highest level player in the party.

So for a level 5 player in a level 10 Hard mode mission, they may aswell throw stones at the enemy.

I can see why the developers have done this, it is designed to stop a level 20 player running a level 10 player through the HARD mode missions with ease. In this case it would set the enemies to level 20 meaning the level 10 player would be mauled.

It just means that if you do side missions to level you character and avoid the main story it becomes harder and harder to complete the main story on hard mode. I want to complete all the missions on hard because they are a challenge and the loot is always better.

At the moment i only have the first story mission from each wing complete but I am already level 10 due to side missions. The main story missions are going to be a grind on hard mode sadly.

Regardless of levels, I found hard mode on a level very challenging last night. Took ages to complete it along with three other chaps.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Spear wrote: »
    Are the grenades really meant for direct damage in this game? Even the most basic enemies seem to dodge them, so they seem only useful for flushing them out instead.

They won't try and dodge if someone is shooting in their direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can suppress them with cover fire after you throw a grenade to keep them in the blast area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just a reminder.

Hold right on the D-pad on PS4 & XB1 to equip explosive and incendiary rounds. They make quite a difference. Note that they have a cool down time period after uincendiary rounds.

You can also select to consume water which gives you 20% more damage to elites. That's the guys with the yellow bars over them.

Just a reminder.

Hold right on the D-pad on PS4 & XB1 to equip explosive and incendiary rounds. They make quite a difference and note that they have a cool down time period after use.

You can also select to consume water which gives you 20% more damage to elites. That's the guys with the yellow bars over them.

Good tips alright. I notice alot of people use grenades but never the bullets.

• Advertisement

Good tips alright. I notice alot of people use grenades but never the bullets.
    Sniper rifle and explosive rounds for it are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I could never figure out how to use special ammunition, I didn't notice the game tips telling me how. Same for water, thought it was just to give to civilians and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

So I crumbled and bought this, downloading it now.

Is it necessary to play in a group? My team won't be on til Monday so I have the weekend for myself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So I crumbled and bought this, downloading it now.

Is it necessary to play in a group? My team won't be on til Monday so I have the weekend for myself.

You can matchmake for pretty much any activity or go solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can matchmake for pretty much any activity or go solo.

...and die... a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's the best deal for this on console? Very tempted to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So what's the best deal for this on console? Very tempted to pick it up.

Bricks and motor here? Argos for 63 quid. Was cheapest I could find so picked it up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The dirty hoors at CEX were offering €42 cash for the game on launch day and are only offering €30 now. Still selling it for the same price of €60 though

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

The dirty hoors at CEX were offering €42 cash for the game on launch day and are only offering €30 now. Still selling it for the same price of €60 though

I noticed their prices have going awful lately.

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I noticed their prices have going awful lately.

They always adjust them according to how many people are selling the game, but I've never seen a 'we buy for' price drop that much in so little time without the selling price also dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone know what the tiers are in the Dark Zone? I'm 11 at the moment, and wouldn't mind trying some solo attempts later, but it 's not really doable if all enemies will be 5+ levels higher.

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know what the tiers are in the Dark Zone? I'm 11 at the moment, and wouldn't mind trying some solo attempts later, but it 's not really doable if all enemies will be 5+ levels higher.

1-14 is the first tier afaik

Haven't actually ventured in there yet

I could never figure out how to use special ammunition, I didn't notice the game tips telling me how. Same for water, thought it was just to give to civilians and nothing else.
    You have to appreciate the hilarity of the situation last night when we were swarmed by elites and 1 voice yells out "QUICK, DRINK YOUR WATERRRRR"
    Everyone takes a swig and peppers the lads with bullets.

1-14 is the first tier afaik

Haven't actually ventured in there yet

Yeah I am 10 myself and plan to hit the DZ at level 12 for the first time. I don't mind the DZ solo but it can be alot of fun hunting rogues in groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

For those playing in groups be conscious of your relative levels if you plan to enter the DZ.

Your DZ level is a rank more than a damage modifier. Your non-DZ level determines how much damage you deal, but also what instance/level of dark zone you access.

Say you've two people non-DZ level 19 - and two level 20. The 19s will enter a different DZ than the 20s as 20 is the level cut off. I think it's 1-14, 15-19, etc ... haven't got beyond 19 yet myself so don't know from there...

Yeah I am 10 myself and plan to hit the DZ at level 12 for the first time. I don't mind the DZ solo but it can be alot of fun hunting rogues in groups.

People on Reddit are recomending not to go in until you hit 14. Especially if you've bought the DZ keys from the Ubisoft Club

You'll lose them as soon as you die

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49okh4/psa_if_you_bought_the_3_dz_keys_from_ubisoft_club/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

People on Reddit are recomending not to go in until you hit 14. Especially if you've bought the DZ keys from the Ubisoft Club

You'll lose them as soon as you die

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49okh4/psa_if_you_bought_the_3_dz_keys_from_ubisoft_club/

No way really 😥. I was wondering where they went. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone around on ps4?. Level 13 here looking for some help with level 20 AI

Also one of the hints that popped up references dmg and dps. But couldn't read it in time.

Can someone explain the difference in the two?. I go buy dps for choosing which weapon is better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Found a subway station near an extract point last night that's basically a loot dungeon. Every single run into the place has yielded about 15,000 credits in sold stuff - helped by the fact that the extract point also attracts yellow bar enemies ... which also drop more gear. Usually end up calling in a second extraction straight after the first to get more stuff out.

The stuff itself is okay ... but using the funds from selling the stuff to buy purple stuff from the advanced weapons vendor is where it's most useful. One night of raiding the place and all my weapons are now purple/rare plus a few extra bits of rare armour.

To Doc's earlier point about tactical play - the extraction point I'm talking about gets hit 360 when you call in a chopper. The enemies are all at the same level as us or higher - only way you survive is to move from cover to cover and to call out threats ... but once you do that it's very do-able. The satisfaction from surviving the extraction and getting the loot out is good too...

Is that the one DZ01 , the level 4 contamination zone, it was in the beta as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Soby wrote: »
    Also one of the hints that popped up references dmg and dps. But couldn't read it in time.

Can someone explain the difference in the two?. I go buy dps for choosing which weapon is better

Usually damage means damage per shot, whereas DPS is damage per second.

So DPS is Damage * Bullets Per Second.

So if you have a rifle that does 1000 damage, but only fires one shot per second, its DPS would be 1000. But if you have an SMG that does 100 damage and fires 10 shots per second, its DPS would also be 1000.

DPS alone can't tell you which weapon is better, because it depends on what you want to do with the weapon. The rifle in the above example is useful because if you hit with one shot, you do full damage, but the drawback is that if you miss you do no damage. The SMG, on the other hand, will almost never do full damage because you probably won't hit with all the bullets, but you'll probably never miss with all of them either. It's a trade off.

Advertisement