Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

I'm reminded and not in a bad way of many games playing this. Gear of War , Rainbow 6 Vegas, Mass Effect, Destiny, Grand Theft Auto 5 and many more because of it's NYC setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

4hr30 in since last night on PC. 25% of the story completed and I'm level 10...first game I've pre-ordered in a while and not a single regret :D

And how great are rifles in this!!!!!!! common M1a ftw. Did the security mission Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint almost exclusively with one on hard and did serious dmg :)

Rest of team drawing fire allowing you free shots at heads for massive damage , I like!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

BKtje wrote: »
    I've been pretty much soloing the Dz for the last three days, love doing it. So much so that i'm really neglecting lvling.

Aye took your advice and played it a bit more, tried to join you the other day but it enforces a level differentiator. Talk about nerve racking on Solo. I found a quieter extraction point, fired off the flare, waited off to the side and then got surrounded by instaspawn NPCs (on top of the team already there). Died 3 times getting my stuff back and murdering the bastages (went from Rank 10-12 on that alone). Before realising they only instaspawn if you are in the building, stay outside until the chopper is ready, then scramble up the back-rope and it's fine. Still a great firefight, I was not going to give up my loot and made another bag full in the attempts.

Also I think someone else asked earlier about end-game. Just hit lvl-30 and it looks like Daily missions are it for the moment (http://gamerant.com/division-unlock-daily-story-guide/). Basically repeating the main missions. I hope they add some uber-raids, maybe assaulting large fortress buildings or something.]

Anyway loving it so far, putting WAY too much time in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

First game I have pre ordered since getting burnt with Destiny and am glad I did.

Have only scratched the surface of it as I have been playing with my brother and it's hard to get online due to work hours. Flew through the MSG mission the other night, and tried the one with the cleaners in the tunnels tonight, quite the difficulty spike.

Am looking forward to a proper run in the DZ, went in once or twice but at level 5 quickly learned it was a no no alone.

Will be planning another trip to Argentina for the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Put a few hours into this today. I was doing a lot of side quests and stuff solo, then ventured into the DZ once I hit level 10. I was only in the door and a squad of four level 7s attacked me and went rogue. I killed all four of them! :pac: They came back when I was trying to extract and attacked me again, and I killed them all again. I was literally in there less than half an hour and my DZ level was already 14! Didn't get any particularly useful loot though.

The game's great fun, glad I bought it.
    common M1a ftw. Did the security mission Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint almost exclusively with one on hard and did serious dmg :)

I just crafted one of these before I logged out for the night. Tried it on some level 5 rioters and it single shots them anywhere in the body. Level 9 cleaners take 3 anywhere or 1/2 in the head. I'll have some fun with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Had a venture into dz last night. Insta killed by the first group I encountered. Need to level up quick before going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Is this game worth the cash lads? Never played a tom Clancy game before.
    Is it set in our times or is it all futuristic and weird like call of duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

For those who have the game, is it worth getting if I don't have any friends I would play with? Would be on PS4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Forget the Tom Clancy name, he was dead and buried before the concept this ever came to be.

And it's set in modern times, the closest to futuristic aspects is your map HUD thing and the echoes it uses to show prior events.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jackfrags sums up exactly why I'm still unsure whether to buy or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dcully wrote: »

I'm really enjoying it. I was mad into destiny but it was always lacking in content and finding other players to join for raids etc.
    So far I'm extremely encouraged by this and matchmaking is excellent so far whether for missions or for the dark zone which is great fun and nerve wracking.
    I bought the season pass last night for it as I've high hopes for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Check out a few videos on YouTube.

I didn't think I'd like it but I'm really enjoying it and the gameplay is very solid.

Few small glitches (got stuck on top and behind a crate yesterday) but other than that it's excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is there matchmaking for the DZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Been enjoying this game so far have been playing solo bar the missions

The matchmaking while good is still hit and miss I've only ever come across one guy who had a mic

I'm lvl 17 now on xbox so if anyone would like to team up my gt is Dunworth1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Adamcp898 wrote:
    For those who have the game, is it worth getting if I don't have any friends I would play with? Would be on PS4.

Join the boards community.

Is there matchmaking for the DZ?

Not 100% but I think I recall it being an option on the safehouse laptop for matchmaking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Would you want to pair up with randomers in the DZ when they could rob you of all your sweet loot? I'd say you can only team up with friends like you do for normal missions, but I am open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Has anyone gotten the season pass?. Is there anything with it if you buy it now?. i know there is no dlc yet but any gear or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Soby wrote:
    Has anyone gotten the season pass?. Is there anything with it if you buy it now?. i know there is no dlc yet but any gear or anything?

There's some clothing and a not very good shotgun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Do you need a headset to properly take part in the online. I'm more of a radio-silence type dude.

Do you need a headset to properly take part in the online. I'm more of a radio-silence type dude.

If your playing with friend a game will always be better with a mic.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

madcabbage wrote: »
    Would you want to pair up with randomers in the DZ when they could rob you of all your sweet loot? I'd say you can only team up with friends like you do for normal missions, but I am open to correction on that.

They'd have to leave the group to be able to damage you. Even so I spent the morning running around helping and being helped by 5 or 6 strangers in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If your playing with friend a game will always be better with a mic.

The only mates I have online are all FIFA and Pro Evo fanatics. But that's different. I've tried teaming up with randomers online for shooters but it's juts a different type of buzz. Not my scene.

The only mates I have online are all FIFA and Pro Evo fanatics. But that's different. I've tried teaming up with randomers online for shooters but it's juts a different type of buzz. Not my scene.

Loads of fellow Boardsies you can add. That's who I play with 95% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Hey everyone, can anyone point me in the direction of a Ps4 group or people to play with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

He makes some good points but I think his view also shows the current major difference in experience between solo and party play. I've played 30+ hours so far, perhaps 1 was MP and it's a lot more challenging on your own. If you go down, you're back to a checkpoint whereas with a group they can revive you, let alone the extra damage and target distribution they provide. Tactics would be quite different also I think, and definitely a lot less tension (especially in the DZ), whereas I found it thrilling a number of times knowing I had a room full of elites and was maybe 2 shots from going back 5 mins in the game. It's obvious the Devs did not have time to implement dynamic rebalancing based on current team size. This also shows in how mixed-level teams are implemented (i.e. very badly: the enemies will level to a min. of 5 below the highest rated character in a team, I (lvl 30) jumped into a friends new game last night and he instantly died as his enemies went from lvl 4 to 25 :) ).

I don't think he nailed end-game properly though. Granted I'm only DZ rank 15, I've only spent an hour or 2 in there but I only found one item in that time that was better than what I had found in the main map. Out of maybe 40 or so extracted items. I am now however seeing gold/superb items for sale in the Special arms vendor at main base for Phoenix coins, and these are currently granted by the daily missions (story missions with difficulty modifiers, just like strikes in Destiny) and not DZ. So from what I can see so far end-game is really those dailies. Also the DZ bracket for lvl 30 is, well, lvl 30-30. And it is MUCH harder to solo than lower levels, the disparity on how much the NPCs have levelled against you is pretty huge. Most opponents will be lvl 32 elites. On the plus side I've run into a few groups since hitting 30 and zero hostility, I think at that stage they have gotten the trolling out of their system and also realise there just isn't a worthwhile reward for doing it.

It does need some harder and more intricate Raids, and a dedicated arena outside of the DZ. I'd love to see a BF/Rush style mode added to this with Wave-1 versus 2 trying to assault strongholds.

Gun play is solid, level design is superb, AI is (mostly) very effective at flanking etc. and there's tremendous room for customisation. So even if the fights essentially boil down to the same thing it's exhilarating and satisfying

It's obvious this is currently a framework for something larger, and I have a feeling that is not how the game started. With all the amazing attention to the current maps, control tweaks/shortcuts and technical aspects I can't see that team deliberately releasing this as an MMO light minus what it needs for a larger end-game. But after playing through it to lvl 30 I have faith they will add to it. I gave up on Destiny in disgust very quickly (deliberately stunted content, an aggressive attitude to forcing people into the DLC (strike limitations etc.) and well I hate console controllers for shooters) but I'm going to order the season pass for this later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is anyone else getting about a second lag when killing enemies or hitting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Im just going to wait a while and hope they do another open beta cause I missed the last (like they did with rainbow six siege)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why would they do another open beta when it's already been released?

Advertisement