Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Yeah cant see another beta, wont make any sense.

I usually never ever buy new release AAA games but im glad i did with this. Its fantastic. I highly recommend. And this is my first foray into a "RPG" game.

Kiith wrote: »
    Why would they do another open beta when it's already been released?

A BETA makes no sense as its to iron out issues in an unfinished build.
    However the likes of BF4 had a CTE(?) that ran on PC up until recently enough(if not even still).
    It was similar to a BETA as it was play testing.

Maybe that's what he's on about but using the wrong name.

A BETA makes no sense as its to iron out issues in an unfinished build.
    However the likes of BF4 had a CTE(?) that ran on PC up until recently enough(if not even still).
    It was similar to a BETA as it was play testing.

Maybe that's what he's on about but using the wrong name.

The testers are now the people who bought the game. The only way I can see free playtime for this game now will be a free weekend and that's at least a year away I would imagine.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting about a second lag when killing enemies or hitting them

Yea that happens sometimes. You'll shoot someone and it won't register, they'll run 5 feet and then just fall down dead for no reason.

Looking like a restart for me 10 hours in :mad:

The guy who is in charge of the tech wing never appeared after doing the mission and it's sat off line with talk to paul rhodes highlighted.

Edit: can you move gear between characters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Already at lvl cap 30 so I am hoping they up the cap with each DLC. Ranking up far far to quick, have not even done all the mission. Have the base at 80-100-100 percent for the medical and tech and security.

Really enjoying it so far now to rape the DZ with my purple AK47 with over 46,000 DPS and my 48,000 health PMSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The guy who is in charge of the tech wing never appeared after doing the mission and it's sat off line with talk to paul rhodes highlighted.

One of the lads is having a similar problem with the medical wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Really enjoying it so far now to rape the DZ with my purple AK47 with over 46,000 DPS and my 48,000 health PMSL.

57k DPS, 71K health. Can still get swarmed and taken down easily enough in the dark zone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving it so far, but had to delete my original save and start again, after setting up that base of operations and doing the Madison hospital mission to open up the medical area, only side missions would load up, the main missions would not show up, restarted the game this morning and all main missions opened up after the Base of operations, luckily I restarted, because I was only level 7... already back up to level 6..

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    57k DPS, 71K health.

Eh......how???all purple gear?

The best I have seen is blue gear, no gold.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yup, I know someone at lvl 30 with no tech wing tree available at all. Would hope it's top priority for a hot fix.

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    loving it so far, but had to delete my original save and start again, after setting up that base of operations and doing the Madison hospital mission to open up the medical area, only side missions would load up, the main missions would not show up, restarted the game this morning and all main missions opened up after the Base of operations, luckily I restarted, because I was only level 7... already back up to level 6..

Sounds like what happened to me a few posts up, better now than at level 30 I guess.

Oh FYI you can transfer gear using the stash , just checked it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A lot to do in the game. Level 15 so far, and about 13 hours played. Still a while to go before 30, but I am in no rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Level 5 atm. Looking for some folk to play with. GT - Dizmonster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Gamespot have given a review of 8/10, I think it should be more than that. 9/10 in my humble opinion. Really well put together game, the amount of detail in the city is just crazy. No wonder it's years late.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tom-clancys-the-division-review/1900-6416380/

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Had a good few hours on this today. Ventured into the darkzone and managed to extract some swag. Tense as hell in there.

The more I play the more I think this game gets better. Savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Kiith wrote: »
    Why would they do another open beta when it's already been released?

Meant they free play days thing, forget what theyre called :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Eh......how???all purple gear?

Yeah all purple gear, some purples are a lot better than others. Then the mod slots help too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm getting an error message after I log out of a session. I can log back in successfully and I'm not losing any save data, but it's still disconcerting.

Anyone else getting that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

New to this forum, but I thought it would be the best place to ask: I have really bad internet speeds, around 0.3mbps download and around 0.2 (IIRC) mbps for upload speeds. I can just about handle Black Ops 3 for example, even though I get red bars a lot with it just about being playable. Would you guys think that the game would be too stressful on my connection?

Would like to know before wasting a net 30-40 quid on it, cheers in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

New to this forum, but I thought it would be the best place to ask: I have really bad internet speeds, around 0.3mbps download and around 0.2 (IIRC) mbps for upload speeds. I can just about handle Black Ops 3 for example, even though I get red bars a lot with it just about being playable. Would you guys think that the game would be too stressful on my connection?

I'd be very dubious. It's a shame you missed the open beta; would have been the perfect time to try that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

At .3 and .2 mb I doubt you can handle Black Ops.

On your side it might look fine but at those speeds you will be lagging everywhere.

What is you M/S ping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Keyzer wrote: »
    Join the boards community.

Where do you find the Boards community, for linking up with PS4 Division players? I've looked in the PS sub forum and there's a general User Name thread there which hasn't been added to since January, so its not Division-specific. Where else should I go?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have admittedly played the **** out of this game in the last few day but I've hit a bit of a bottleneck now.

Level 32 in the DZ, and constantly extracting purples but they rarely improve my current gear. Even the high end blueprints don't seem to be doing much. My DPS is over 100K and health is around 70k with skills around 15k.

I'm not really understanding the gear system. How does armour work? Why does higher armour stuff invariably lower most of my stats? I'm finding the customisation to be a bit of a labyrinth with no real road map of what you need to do.

Apparently the scavenging perk helps to find better gear, but having opened multiple level 30 DZ chests, all I got were blues.

Have enjoyed the game until now but a bit perplexed about where to go from here. I see guys in twitch streams with unbelievable stats and weapons and I have no idea how they got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I have admittedly played the **** out of this game in the last few day but I've hit a bit of a bottleneck now.

Level 32 in the DZ, and constantly extracting purples but they rarely improve my current gear. Even the high end blueprints don't seem to be doing much. My DPS is over 100K and health is around 70k with skills around 15k.

I'm not really understanding the gear system. How does armour work? Why does higher armour stuff invariably lower most of my stats? I'm finding the customisation to be a bit of a labyrinth with no real road map of what you need to do.

Apparently the scavenging perk helps to find better gear, but having opened multiple level 30 DZ chests, all I got were blues.

Have enjoyed the game until now but a bit perplexed about where to go from here. I see guys in twitch streams with unbelievable stats and weapons and I have no idea how they got there.

grind out challange modes and daily challange modes to get pheonix credits, with pheonix credits you buy legendary (yellow) blueprints, from their you craft them and hopefully they will buff up your gear, it depends its all done on a roll.
    You could get the best possible stats for a weapon or the worst on crafting it.
    With armor you can re roll it (recalibrate armour in the tech wing).

Its an rpg so its all about getting the best gear possible and grinding (to be fair though I don't find it grinding at all its quite fun) but still you need them credits.
    At your level I wouldnt bother buying any gear unless it happens to be better then yours but at our levels no its a slim chance of that.
    Its all about getting them blueprints to craft the better items.
    Hopefully the new raid will land soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

emmetkenny wrote: »
    At .3 and .2 mb I doubt you can handle Black Ops.

On your side it might look fine but at those speeds you will be lagging everywhere.

What is you M/S ping?

Yeah Black Ops is bordering unplayable! I'm not sure if you have played them, but in say Gran Turismo or Project CARS, it gets extremely laggy when there are more than ten players and more than five players respectively.

I don't know what my ping is, thought it varied tbh! In Black Ops it's constantly changing in game, varying from 80 to, well, +400ms.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Thought I was being great hopping into the DZ at Times Square near the cop station....

Couldn't get back out.
    Ended badly for everybody.

I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah Black Ops is bordering unplayable! I'm not sure if you have played them, but in say Gran Turismo or Project CARS, it gets extremely laggy when there are more than ten players and more than five players respectively.

I don't know what my ping is, thought it varied tbh! In Black Ops it's constantly changing in game, varying from 80 to, well, +400ms.

If you run SpeedTest you'll get an idea. Mine is around 8-9 m/s.

I'd say if you grouped up with 3 lads who have low pings you'd make the game borderline unplayable because the information (ie enemies) is sent from server to each member.

If you shoot one enemy it'll take your information 40 times longer(400m/s v 10m/s) than mine to return the info to the server to let them know that guy is now dead.

If you die it'd take nearly a half a second for the server to know your actually down and need of a revive.

So after my restart i'm back to where I left off, I will say this the game never makes you feel like you are queuing for a ticket on the hamster wheel for end game like Destiny did. There is an actual game to play before all that from what I have seen so far.

• Advertisement

After giving up on hard during the second level I just had to try again for the third main one.

Normal was just too breezy.

But once you unlock the turret around the end of that level, you're getting a massive bump as that perk buys you time if nothing else.

Ended up doing the next few on hard without having many restarts.
    It really evens out once you get by that 2nd/3rd mission and unlock those better perks.

Still haven't gone to the DZ as I read its best around level 12 and I've only hit 11 now.

Have avoided any info/videos on the DZ so only know the bar minimum thus far.

Would even say the game is top notch going alone as I have thus far, so looking forward to what that area brings.

Advertisement