Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Absolutely loving the game so far. The balance between gunplay and role sharing is close to perfect IMO.

Getting stuck on wooden pallets is a bit of a bummer though

Never mind the virus... it's the crates they should have been worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

It's damn intense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Back to dz last night after levelling up a bit and some new gear. Came across 3 AI level 12-14 in an underground carpark. Nice says me. The chance of good swag and a winnable fight had me.

20 mins later and I'm victorious. Collect me goodies and head to the extraction zone. Walk out of the car park and boom. I'm dead. Some ballbag was waiting for me to come out.

Any other game and I'd be screaming expletives. I had to laugh when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you run SpeedTest you'll get an idea. Mine is around 8-9 m/s.

I'd say if you grouped up with 3 lads who have low pings you'd make the game borderline unplayable because the information (ie enemies) is sent from server to each member.

If you shoot one enemy it'll take your information 40 times longer(400m/s v 10m/s) than mine to return the info to the server to let them know that guy is now dead.

If you die it'd take nearly a half a second for the server to know your actually down and need of a revive.

Thanks for all the help! Yeah I doubt it would work on my Internet, the time has come where newer games are becoming unplayable with rural Irish Internet! :pac:

Just did a ping test there and got 64ms, so not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thanks for all the help! Yeah I doubt it would work on my Internet, the time has come where newer games are becoming unplayable with rural Irish Internet! :pac:

Just did a ping test there and got 64ms, so not good!

anything double digits is more than adequate imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

anything double digits is more than adequate imo.

His actual DL an UL are 0.3 and 0.2 meg though.

Darragh 64m/s isn't to bad for your ping. Could you get a loan of the disk from a friend to see would it work?

Darragh 64m/s isn't to bad for your ping. Could you get a loan of the disk from a friend to see would it work?

woops, didnt cop that. thats fair bad broadband in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Has anyone fell through the ground happened me 3 times last night

Weird as you fall for ages and then land nowhere and after a few seconds you get sent to the safe house

Only spiritually and mentally when I got my ass handed to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was reading online that once you hit in game lvl cap 30 the DZ AI enemies all go up to at least lvl 30 and above!!!! So I am sitting with about 500 points before lvl 30 and all the enemies in DZ are about 25-29 so its great. I do have good stats but would love a killer main DPS weapon.....was getting trolled in the DZ by some prick last night.

It was mano vs mano but he was constantly getting the drop on me as I was trying to play the game and he was out for a e penis session only jumping on me mid fight with AI......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watched the son play this capped at 30 fps on xb one, bought it yesterday for PC and playing it in glorious 144 fps gsync :D:D

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was reading online that once you hit in game lvl cap 30 the DZ AI enemies all go up to at least lvl 30 and above!!!! So I am sitting with about 500 points before lvl 30 and all the enemies in DZ are about 25-29 so its great. I do have good stats but would love a killer main DPS weapon.....was getting trolled in the DZ by some prick last night.

It was mano vs mano but he was constantly getting the drop on me as I was trying to play the game and he was out for a e penis session only jumping on me mid fight with AI......

why didnt you just back out and trigger a different instance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Branoic wrote: »
    Where do you find the Boards community, for linking up with PS4 Division players? I've looked in the PS sub forum and there's a general User Name thread there which hasn't been added to since January, so its not Division-specific. Where else should I go?

Search for it under the Communities tab on the PS4.
    There's also a Boards The Division specific one too.

Search for it under the Communities tab on the PS4.
    There's also a Boards The Division specific one too.

The matchmaking is a bit of a pain. I joined one of the lads from Boards yesterday and got annihilated because he was a higher rank than me. Couldn't even get down the street to join him as there were no alley ways to run down, had to go head on into battle with 5-6 AI level 15s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The enemies being the same level as the highest level member of your group is a bit of a problem imo. It makes playing with friends quite difficult at times. I'd rather it was the other way around, even if it did mean that people can be boosted through some of the PvE content.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    The enemies being the same level as the highest level member of your group is a bit of a problem imo. It makes playing with friends quite difficult at times. I'd rather it was the other way around, even if it did mean that people can be boosted through some of the PvE content.

If you play at normal it averages it so its a bit more manageable. I'm lvl 30 and joined a group of low 20's and the enemies were only 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SwordsWest

Is it possible to join to from a mobile device to support as a drone like was shown quite some time ago?
    Thought that was a great idea as it extended the boundaries of the game quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Has anyone fell through the ground happened me 3 times last night

Weird as you fall for ages and then land nowhere and after a few seconds you get sent to the safe house

Yep, that happened me twice last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

DPS is a bit of a false stat. It counts on every one of your bullets hitting the target, and having unlimited time to spam the clip which just doesn't happen when you are in the DZ and getting 3 shot by snipers. The main things that I have seen that really up a weapons DPS are the clip size and the headshot damage perks on purple mods.

But the thing is, you are not getting the opportunity to spam the clip for 5/6 seconds at a time in the LVL 30 DZ, and most guns spray like a demon until you mod them, and the accuracy mods don't always improve DPS. So basically, a gun that you are more accurate with trumps a gun that you can't land shots with consistently every time.

Also, health is a huge factor. I went into the level 30 DZ at 100K DPS and 40k health and quickly realised that I needed to pump into health as much as I could. I have ticked up to 70k, without improving my DPS since. Now I feel like I should have stacked skills, because a high skills and health build in the DZ could be OP if you do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm gonna have a bit more of a gripe, even though I have enjoyed playing this a lot. The DZ is broken from a PVP perspective. The risk/reward for going rogue is too high. Losing 4/5 DZ levels for dying as a rogue has turned the DZ into a PVE area. Farm named yellow bars, get loot, extract loot without a hint of worry that somebody will shoot you because if they do, the whole server turns on them, kills them and they lose DZ levels and ****loads of DZ currency all for a measly 2000 DZ currency, which is abundant as is. When the loot that you take off people is easily bettered by the lot you can get from yellow bars, there is no real reward to going rogue. And whether you like going rogue or not, this is a fundamental part of what makes the DZ unique and needs to be balanced carefully by Massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

SwordsWest wrote: »
    Is it possible to join to from a mobile device to support as a drone like was shown quite some time ago?
    Thought that was a great idea as it extended the boundaries of the game quite a bit.

They shelved that idea AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SwordsWest

Ah, bit of a bummer.
    Won't stop me from picking this up to give it a try though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm gonna have a bit more of a gripe, even though I have enjoyed playing this a lot. The DZ is broken from a PVP perspective. The risk/reward for going rogue is too high. Losing 4/5 DZ levels for dying as a rogue has turned the DZ into a PVE area. Farm named yellow bars, get loot, extract loot without a hint of worry that somebody will shoot you because if they do, the whole server turns on them, kills them and they lose DZ levels and ****loads of DZ currency all for a measly 2000 DZ currency, which is abundant as is. When the loot that you take off people is easily bettered by the lot you can get from yellow bars, there is no real reward to going rogue. And whether you like going rogue or not, this is a fundamental part of what makes the DZ unique and needs to be balanced carefully by Massive.

It's broken both ways, if someone goes rogue on you and manages to kill you they just have to sprint until their timer runs out leaving you with literally no way to retaliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Isn't the patch like 3gb?. It would take a week before he even played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

What's the best way to get some good gear before the level 30 cap?

I'm level 19 in game and DZ level 22 and was trying to get it to level 30 thinking that all the best gear would be in them crates in the darkzone but I just got told that their is only blues in them is that correct?

Would doing missions on hard the later ones be the best way to get the best gear for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Joshua J wrote: »
    Isn't the patch like 3gb?. It would take a week before he even played it.

It is but he'd obviously have to bring the console to some one else's house with decent internet to download that as well.

They shelved that idea AFAIK.

They did, something to do with 'balancing issues' I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

why didnt you just back out and trigger a different instance?

Yo dawg Wonda don't roll that way in da hood. Ye dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Burkie7 wrote: »

I'm level 19 in game and DZ level 22 and was trying to get it to level 30 thinking that all the best gear would be in them crates in the darkzone but I just got told that their is only blues in them is that correct?

Side quests give you blueprints. Complete all the side quests in one district and you will get a bonus blueprint back in your base.

One of the districts gives you a level 19 purple auto rifle. I'm not sure which one but you can propbably find that online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

thegame983 wrote: »
    Burkie7 wrote: »

Side quests give you blueprints. Complete all the side quests in one district and you will get a bonus blueprint back in your base.

One of the districts gives you a level 19 purple auto rifle. I'm not sure which one but you can propbably find that online.

Seems to be a semi automatic gun that gives you mate I do use a assault rifle and shotgun.

I have 17 k DPS at the moment from a Classic AK I got doing a mission so that's probably the best I can use at the moment.

Advertisement