Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Negative_G wrote: »
    downloaded this game over the weekend and I am really enjoying it so far.

However, maybe its just me, but I find all the different modifications quite confusing. I guess I'm just not used to it and haven't played a game like it before.

Takes a lot of rounds to put down enemies !

What you play on and what level are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Jayop wrote: »
    What you play on and what level are you at?

Xbox one and just reached level 5.

Xbox one and just reached level 5.

Ah OK. I'm about 12ish I think but if you want some help running though the missions hook up. GT IWTK123 I'm on most nights just after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Ah OK. I'm about 12ish I think but if you want some help running though the missions hook up. GT IWTK123 I'm on most nights just after midnight.

Cheers buddy. I think I'll level up a few more before I make a complete tit of myself!

Cheers buddy. I think I'll level up a few more before I make a complete tit of myself!

You'd be reviving me as much as the other way around!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I know there was a clan mentioned about 20 pages back but I only see about 5 members in that one..was there another one set up for XB1?

Blazer wrote: »
    I know there was a clan mentioned about 20 pages back but I only see about 5 members in that one..was there another one set up for XB1?

I think that one is for everyone but I can't really see what the benefits of a non official clan is if it's not linked to the game.

I think that one is for everyone but I can't really see what the benefits of a non official clan is if it's not linked to the game.

And it's only really practical at the moment if people are either end game or at the same level range for doing missions.

I'd actually advise people not to bother doing missions on hard pre-level 30 as the rewards aren't worth it in the long run unless you have a group with mics that is.

And it's only really practical at the moment if people are either end game or at the same level range for doing missions.

I'd actually advise people not to bother doing missions on hard pre-level 30 as the rewards aren't worth it in the long run unless you have a group with mics that is.

me and my mates all play mic'd up but I'm way below the rest right now so I'm going to try to level up playing with randomers ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Anyone else a bit disappointed by the "feel" of the gunplay?

Hard to explain really but to me it doesn't really feel like you're shooting at people, you just shoot at a target that then does not react appropriately in terms of stance, turning towards you, buckling over in pain etc and then eventually the game registers X amount of hits and they drop.....

It's very unsatisfying!!!! Also there's no feeling of your assault rifle having any power, probably linked to the above, you can hear bullets and see the mag being depleted but feck all else happens until eventually your enemy falls....

A real pity because there's so much painstaking detail and love gone into this game everywhere :(

Also I'd be dubious about the games ability to fairly award an honest headshot with an instant corpse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just wasted 4 hours I'd say trying to do missions above my pay grade..... I'm lv17 and I said id give a level 20 mission a go. I got there in the end but it was only two of us then two others joined to get the last bosses but it nearly took is two hours at it. I could have done three easier missions in that time. Then I ventured into a lv20-25 district solo trying to be a smart ass again and wasted another two hours gettin killed because I was to stubborn to give up. :( tomorrow night it's going to be different. Also not to keen on the ak47 it seems to drift a lot.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Just had three really fun hours there on my own doing easy missions and side missions. Got well into level 14 and unlocked a good section of the base. Massively upgraded my weapons tonight too so I might even chance the dz tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

That's the amount of hours I just played for. Wrecked. The dz is intense, AI are tough but some other guy went rogue on me when I was hauling 7 decent items onto the helo, that's the buzz. Luckily one of my team is a natural with a bolt action. We were both shaking after the fire fight.

My friends are using controllers, they haven't realized that the reason I'm leveling up quicker is my reaction time is shorter with a mouse. Glad I didn't start with a controller and get comfortable.

Eh what's the story with spawning me outside the base after fast travel in a random direction?

This game feels great, OK the sniper rifles are way op, sniper shotguns more like, and it can be a bit buggy, and the mods are head to grasp, and the inventory is a pain, and fast travel is slow travel, but you can shoot dogs. 10 out of 10 would shoot dogs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Had some good fun in dz last night. Found a nice hiding spot and got swarmed by AI. Absolutely delighted I was able to take them all out. Then some knob runs in and I accidentally shoot him thus going rogue. His buddy came along to seek revenge and whacked me. Would have got out of that too if I hadn't depleted my ammo on the AI.

Great fun. Loving this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You guys all running as level 30 in the DZ or have you ventured in before now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've spent the majority of my time in there since level 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

logik wrote: »
    You guys all running as level 30 in the DZ or have you ventured in before now?

I've only hit level 10 and I feel I'll venture into the DZ for the first time alone later this evening. I got this on launch but have only managed to put about 14 hrs into it. I have 2 other agents aswell at level 5 and trying to make some different builds to change between.

I've only hit level 10 and I feel I'll venture into the DZ for the first time alone later this evening. I got this on launch but have only managed to put about 14 hrs into it. I have 2 other agents aswell at level 5 and trying to make some different builds to change between.

I am actually waiting myself until I hit 30 to go into the DZ. I should hit level 28 tonight and I still have 4 areas to do. I basicly move to the next safe house and then complete every signal mission in that area before moving onto the next area.

Such an addictive game even though I am playing solo 95% of the time.

Something that just hit me last night while playing this with the volume up, the sound of the weapons in the streets as they echo is sweet. The sound is very well done in this compared to most shooters.

This game would be perfect for a mod that re enacts the bank heist from Heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

logik wrote: »
    I am actually waiting myself until I hit 30 to go into the DZ. I should hit level 28 tonight and I still have 4 areas to do. I basicly move to the next safe house and then complete every signal mission in that area before moving onto the next area.

Such an addictive game even though I am playing solo 95% of the time.

I could be wrong, but I don't think theres any real reason to put off going into the dark zone as it scales to your level anyway?

Im level 11 now in both the dz and lz and i'm pretty much splitting my time between the 2 without major difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Something that just hit me last night while playing this with the volume up, the sound of the weapons in the streets as they echo is sweet. The sound is very well done in this compared to most shooters.

This game would be perfect for a mod that re enacts the bank heist from Heat.

I love that when you get near the darkzone entrance, you can hear the sound of a mad gunbattle going on a few streets over, really helps enhance the feeling of 'wtf is going down behind these walls?'

I could be wrong, but I don't think theres any real reason to put off going into the dark zone as it scales to your level anyway?

Im level 11 now in both the dz and lz and i'm pretty much splitting my time between the 2 without major difficulty.

Ah no, I know there is no real reason not to go in. My reasoning behind it is I want to be level 30 before I pump money into the DZ gear at the vendors. I would rather not have to change the gear again once I get to the DZ.

That and alot of the people I play with normally are 30 for the past few days so I want to try and get to 30 asap so I can join them in the DZ for some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I could be mistaken but I thought the DZ level was capped at 50, no?

Saw a dog take a dump in the middle of the street last night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

, but you can shoot dogs. 10 out of 10 would shoot dogs again.

I use my pistol for the dogs, watch them run and draw and fire to practice my aim. Excerpt for dogs taking a dump. That's a big no no.. You just can't kill someone in the middle of taking a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I use my pistol for the dogs, watch them run and draw and fire to practice my aim. Excerpt for dogs taking a dump. That's a big no no.. You just can't kill someone in the middle of taking a dump.

Whoops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Very considerate of our canine cousins...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Servers are down now for 3 hours maintenance.

I wonder what they'll change now...

Could be introducing the weekly challenges.

• Advertisement

I was going to get out of bed and play. Guess I'll stay where I am so.

Advertisement