Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I LOL'ed....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I could be mistaken but I thought the DZ level was capped at 50, no?

It is, but some of the dz vendors sell stuff to you once you hit 30 and a lot of the chests xan be opened then too.

logik wrote: »
    Ah no, I know there is no real reason not to go in. My reasoning behind it is I want to be level 30 before I pump money into the DZ gear at the vendors. I would rather not have to change the gear again once I get to the DZ.

Just to confirm, you have to be rank 30 AND dark zone rank 30 to get the stuff from the vendors. Tbh, you'd have so much purple stuff at that stage,you'd be better off making the push for dz rank 50 to buy the high end stuff in the dz safe house vendor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Lastingham in our pug somebody decided to go rogue after they extracted their goods. I didn't get to extract mine which was a bummer. Anyway we eventually got slaughtered. Wish there was a way from excluding yourself from idiotic group actions.

After a while, the fools who shot anybody on sight got kicked from the group and we went rogue hunting. That was fun. Caught two lads, that had manhunt status, in the subway. They had us in a lovely bottleneck. We managed to get one of them. His mate went into the contamination zone 4. We couldn't follow.

Good fun. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Free DLC for all:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/agent-origins/

Login for your platform, use the code AGENTORIGINS, and you'll get a Uplay/other store key for the uniforms and weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am actually waiting myself until I hit 30 to go into the DZ. I should hit level 28 tonight and I still have 4 areas to do. I basicly move to the next safe house and then complete every signal mission in that area before moving onto the next area.

Such an addictive game even though I am playing solo 95% of the time.

I would rethink that plan mate, dont hit the lvl cap in game coz as soon as you do all the enemies in the DZ are 30+ makes it really hard. Trust me I was in there last night with one friend who is 30 in game and its a ****in nightmare unless you squad are all 30's.

I am lvl 29 with about 1000 points to go for the 30 cap and I am in the DZ all the time and the AI are usually 25-29 which is sweet. I am lvl 30 in the DZ so have access to the good stuff now.

Really makes a big difference not running 30 cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Spear wrote: »
    Free DLC for all:

Login for your platform, use the code AGENTORIGINS, and you'll get a Uplay/other store key for the uniforms and weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Tried that link and says I'm inedgible. I want free stuff!!

Turns out it's only for North America region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It is, but some of the dz vendors sell stuff to you once you hit 30 and a lot of the chests xan be opened then too.

How come in that video posted previously your man was DZ rank 52 and actually leveled up to 53?

Edit: He's actually rank 51 and kills the 4 rogues and ends up on 53

How come in that video posted previously your man was DZ rank 52 and actually leveled up to 53?

Edit: He's actually rank 51 and kills the 4 rogues and ends up on 53

Max DZ rank is 99 but there's no benefits after 50.

• Advertisement

Free DLC for all:

Yeah that's North America only and is over since the game came out. People outside N.A are good enough to buy their game but not receive their free dlc apparently :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Max DZ rank is 99 but there's no benefits after 50.

Cool, cheers.

Thought it was capped at 50.

Free DLC for all:

Oh shít, they reopened it actually. I had made a new uplay account to try get it last week, setting USA as my country during sign up. It had told me the promotion was over, just tried again and got my 25 digit xbox code, cheers :D

Servers are back up.... (on XB1 at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Odd, I am not eligible either and I have the season pass and all. Hardly US only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Hey lads. If there's a ps4 boards chat for this could I get an add please.
    Psn is Dalglish86.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Odd, I am not eligible either and I have the season pass and all. Hardly US only?
    Have you downloaded them already on the Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Have you downloaded them already on the Xbox?

I got all the ones that we get with the season pass, are these 4 not different?

logik wrote:
    I got all the ones that we get with the season pass, are these 4 not different?

Yeah these are different. You need to set uplay account as USA when signing up and then use VPN as well... Bit of effort

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

eggy81 wrote: »
    Hey lads. If there's a ps4 boards chat for this could I get an add please.
    Psn is Dalglish86.
    Cheers

You seem to be in it already.....

• Advertisement

Just a tip for those ranking up in the game. Try to mix a bit of dark zone and the regular area together.

You get some nice drops in the dark zone that will help you outside of the DZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Got my first purple drop in the dz, excellent! Daddy's got a shiny hand gun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Challenge mode is a bit of a joke, just grenade spam and guys with shotguns who don't react to getting shot in the head and one shot you from about 10 metres away. Doesn't seem worth the effort. On the other end of the spectrum the daily "Hard" missions are way too easy, no need to even take cover half the time. Bit of a balance needs to be struck with both modes imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I play the main missions/side missions/encounters until I hit top level for each of the DZ brackets - 14, 19, 24, 29, 30, then I jump into the dark zone until my DZ level matches my main level. Gives a nice mix of single and multiplayer content.

Currently level 22, finished all the missions to the west of the dark zone on the map and mostly having a blast !
    Occassionally I find the cover system a bit clunky when things get hectic and the periods of lagging (thankfully quite infrequent) can be extremely irritating. Other than that it's a solid game.

Challenge mode is a bit of a joke, just grenade spam and guys with shotguns who don't react to getting shot in the head and one shot you from about 10 metres away. Doesn't seem worth the effort. On the other end of the spectrum the daily "Hard" missions are way too easy, no need to even take cover half the time. Bit of a balance needs to be struck with both modes imo.

We actually made it to the last section of the that challenging mission last night. One of our team had to leave unfortunately. I don't think we would have made it much further anyway. It was INSANE.

You can complete challenging mode with base level 30 purples, I would imagine with 4 fully superior geared people they would be a walk in the park. I don't get why people think they should be able to walk through the hardest content in the game without either gearing up or employing a good strategy, everyone on voice comms etc.

I really hope they maintain the high difficulty.

Who was thinking it would be a walk in the park? There was 4 of us in voice comms with what we thought were good tactics...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Who was thinking it would be a walk in the park?

We'll I'm guessing everyone calling for a difficulty nerf figures that the hardest content in the game should be doable a few hours after dinging 30 - which is a ridiculous idea!

Imagine how short-lived games like wow or Diablo would be if that were the case with their end games...

We'll I'm guessing everyone calling for a difficulty nerf figures that the hardest content in the game should be doable a few hours after dinging 30 - which is a rediculous idea!

Imagine how short-lived games like wow or Diablo would be if that were the case with their end games...

Well the thing is I did complete challenge mode within an hour or two of dinging thirty two or three nights ago. The issue is how cheap it felt.

• Advertisement

Well the thing is I did complete challenge mode within an hour or two of dinging thirty two or three nights ago. The issue is how cheap it felt.

Yet you think it should be made easier?

Group battles will always need spanners thrown in the works like rushing shotgunners and 'nades lighting up the floor or else it would just be everyone hiding and peeking out ad nauseam - gameplay would become very stale very quickly.

Advertisement