Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah these are different. You need to set uplay account as USA when signing up and then use VPN as well... Bit of effort

I will pass thanks :) why did Ubi think it was a good idea to region lock this kind of content...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

logik wrote: »
    I will pass thanks :) why did Ubi think it was a good idea to region lock this kind of content...

-ubisoft.jpg

One thing that REALLY annoys me about the DZ and it was the same in the beta, is the micro stutter on the Xbox One.

I am still getting it in the DZ now. Runs like a dream in PvE but the issue is still present in the DZ. This is not framerate drops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That would drive me bloody mental. Is it like that for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Never noticed that in the hours I spent in the DZ on Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thankfully hasn't been an issue for me, though I haven't been in the DZ all that much.

Wonder is there anything I can do to fix it on my Xbox. As i mentioned, it is there since the closed and open beta. It really annoys me, especially in a fire fight.

Don't think every Xbox player has the issue. I am on a 90MB down 20MB up connection so it is not my connection and the issue is not present on any other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

logik wrote:
    One thing that REALLY annoys me about the DZ and it was the same in the beta, is the micro stutter on the Xbox One.

That was happening me last night, but just last night. Every other time was fine. I was complaining about lag to the lads but I usually have no lag whatsoever. I even went off hard reset my Xbox and restarted my router :P

That was happening me last night, but just last night. Every other time was fine. I was complaining about lag to the lads but I usually have no lag whatsoever. I even went off hard reset my Xbox and restarted my router :P

I had it right the way through the beta. Reading the Ubi forums, seems like alot of Xbox players have the issue but not everyone. Very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Yet you think it should be made easier?

Group battles will always need spanners thrown in the works like rushing shotgunners and 'nades lighting up the floor or else it would just be everyone hiding and peeking out ad nauseam - gameplay would become very stale very quickly.

Quite impressed with enemy AI in the game. I mean who doesn't want to be chased from Gramercy back to base by one of those axe guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Quite impressed with enemy AI in the game. I mean who doesn't want to be chased from Gramercy back to base by one of those axe guys.

The axe guys are class. They're soft as hite if you do manage to get a shot into them but if they catch you with an empty clip it's a case of running lie bejesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tumblr_mt6fk7C8OS1qejcjvo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so everyone's had a bit of time with the game, whats the general consensus? love it? hate it? meh? i couldnt get into destiny myself so I am a bit wary of this, but then Destiny told me nothing about what the hell was happening, who i was, or why i was :/

so everyone's had a bit of time with the game, whats the general consensus? love it? hate it? meh? i couldnt get into destiny myself so I am a bit wary of this, but then Destiny told me nothing about what the hell was happening, who i was, or why i was :/

I'm starting to love it. There's a terrific back story so you're fully aware from the get go of what your reason for being there is. It's beautifully made and the city is spectacular. It's also huge, I've only been in a handful of areas and I'm nowhere near finished everything in those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Personally, it would seem expectations were low at launch; fears of a stripped back game preparing itself for a treasure trove of DLC and micro-transactions, graphical downgrade, problems with AI, server issues, and a casual/safety-net to ensure a widespread audience. After release, it would seem people are actually surprised by a very decent game. It has turned out better than the deflated and dejected assumptions before launch. One reviewer has said that this is the game Destiny should have been when it launched.

Best played with a friend or in a group though, imo. The story is really interesting and I like the approach to discovering how it all went to $hit. This is a very good game, just not an excellent game. There are areas better than others, and some content needs to be expanded upon (looking forward to a Team vs Team DZ domination style mode where you have to capture and hold areas of the city, for example). I am glad I bought the game and the Season Pass as I reckon I will be dipping in and out of this for some time. If you can't commit to an MMO, but want something like it and you enjoy guns and gear, then you will have both the time and interest for The Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

great breakdown lads, seems like the reasons i couldnt get into destiny wont bring this game down for me so, must convince some friends to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think its nearly time to stop comparing it to destiny, they're like night and day different.

if i was to make up an an alternative title it'd be

'Tom Clancys Ghost Recon: Future soldier with looting crafting and odd pvp'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think its nearly time to stop comparing it to destiny, they're like night and day different.

if i was to make up an an alternative title it'd be

'Tom Clancys Ghost Recon: Future soldier with looting crafting and odd pvp'

It's like how anything with destructible voxel terrain is a type of Minecraft, no matter how thematically or functionally different they are. Now any co-op shooter with pvp elements, levels and loot is a type of Destiny.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

madcabbage wrote: »
    Tried that link and says I'm inedgible. I want free stuff!!

Turns out it's only for North America region.
    Yeah that's North America only and is over since the game came out. People outside N.A are good enough to buy their game but not receive their free dlc apparently :mad:

It worked for me on my Irish IP this morning at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

REALLY need to fix the radar in the DZ holy **** its like the aliens blip machine lighting up and not an enemy in sight tad annoying. Then you have the pop up baddies.....jesus that is a game breaker. Doesnt happen all the time but when it does you are nearly 100% certain to die.

Running along and you stop to check direction or have a snickers or the loike and its like the server updates and BAM 5-6 elites or whatever standing around the area HOLY POP UP AI BATMAN!!!!

Currently at 31 in the DZ and leaving myself at 29 in game for the minute to rape the AI....works really well TBH.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    REALLY need to fix the radar in the DZ holy **** its like the aliens blip machine lighting up and not an enemy in sight tad annoying. Then you have the pop up baddies.....jesus that is a game breaker. Doesnt happen all the time but when it does you are nearly 100% certain to die.

Running along and you stop to check direction or have a snickers or the loike and its like the server updates and BAM 5-6 elites or whatever standing around the area HOLY POP UP AI BATMAN!!!!

Currently at 31 in the DZ and leaving myself at 29 in game for the minute to rape the AI....works really well TBH.

I came out of a sewer pipe last night (not in the DZ) and there was 4 AI standing around the hole. I didn't notice them for a second and almost got roasted by really low level AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

NEVER stop. Keep running :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Comparisons will always be made. The Division and Destiny are very similar games. Likewise how Battlefield and Call of Duty share strong similarities. Of course, you can't compare a Golf game to a military-shooter, but you can compare similar traits. It just so happens that a lot of traits in The Division and Destiny are similar; looter-shooter, third-person, online, PvP and PvE, cooperative, etc. etc. The differences are in setting, world, storyline and lore, but when you discount those both games are quite like each other.

When I compare Destiny to The Division I look at the core functions of the game; looting, shooting, many players, coop/competitive and direction. Hell, when Destiny and The Division were initially being created the developers probably looked at comparative games and emulated their strengths to fashion them in their own game. The developers for The Division probably looked at Destiny, compared the game to Destiny and made adjustments on what didn't work, and focused and replicated on what did work.

Besides, the entire industry makes comparisons all the time. The next 'Wow-Killer' or the up-and-coming 'COD-beater'. For better or worse, The Division will be compared to its nearest rival and in many ways that is probably how UbiSoft went about creating and marketing the game.

Here's a different take on the comparisons between The Division and Destiny. Reviewed by Datto, who Destiny players will know, thinks the game has more similarities with Diablo 3 than Destiny. He explains why he thinks this, and is pretty clear in his explanations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They need to change the color of the contaminated zones. In the DZ with the radar fully red, there's me afraid to move in my chair in case a creaking floorboard attracts attention.

How satisfying is the little noise you get for a head shot , ah the simple pleasures :)

How satisfying is the little noise you get for a head shot , ah the simple pleasures :)

Much prefer the noise of shooting a Grenadiers backpack, or a Cleaners Fuel Tank

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone taking killings by rogues personally? I ended up having running battles with a few lads trying to get them back yesterday until I decided to give up because they seemed to have more in the party coming along to kick my ass. That said, loving the game so far. Way exceeded expectations and that was only for the fact I didn't have time to play the beta properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hmmmmmmm 'Pakhan'.... finally got the cash for this golden LMG piece of Elite ass-kickery :). Added some accuracy, stability, RoF and extended magazine mods to the existing talents for extra named/elite damage and armour destruction. Just took a test run through the DZ and had a lot less trouble with Elites, they were only slightly more hassle than Purples. As folks earlier have said there is definitely a point where the Talents outweigh vanilla DPS.

Also constructed the Damascus pistol and it seems pretty fun, has a very good chance to cause Bleed.

Advertisement