Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

nocal wrote: »
    You seem to be in it already.....

Odd. Can't find it or any msgs from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think its nearly time to stop comparing it to destiny, they're like night and day different.

if i was to make up an an alternative title it'd be

'Tom Clancys Ghost Recon: Future soldier with looting crafting and odd pvp'

Very like Diablo but in New York with Guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone taking killings by rogues personally? I ended up having running battles with a few lads trying to get them back yesterday until I decided to give up because they seemed to have more in the party coming along to kick my ass. That said, loving the game so far. Way exceeded expectations and that was only for the fact I didn't have time to play the beta properly.

ABSOLUTELY.....was on last night with 2 other lads and we were getting trolled by this one lad for about 15 mins. So we all got fed up and fired a few warning shots and no effect still hung around. So I shot him went rouge and he ended up killing the 3 of us NO HASSLE.

Must do this all the time with some super health build and top of the range weapon. Never stood a chance.....lol

Even if I am with a mate and he goes rouge by accident I will turn and blow the head of him lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Even if I am with a mate and he goes rouge by accident I will turn and blow the head of him lol.

Are you not in the group with your mate? It turns the whole group rogue if one member goes rogue as I found out the hard way 2 nights ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Rogue is great, but it needs tweaking.

Rogue agents should be public enemy number 1 for the AI. But they should also be able to go to the checkpoints with stolen gear and deposit it in a case.

I would also like rogue agents partners not show up on team players map. So it's a little harder for them to work as a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Well there's absolutely no chance that I'm not going to do that tonight.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Muhhaahhaahha.

Hilarious. Lol 'd at this.

Think I'm at the point now where the repetition is starting to kick in and I'm realising while the game is great, there is not much variety in the missions, side quests and encounters, and the game almost forces you to do a lot of them to meet the suggested level requirements for the east side story missions. I'm level 19 and next story one is 22 or 24 I think.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Finally completed a daily hard mission on challange mode. Took about 2.5hrs. Nice work by Pixelhood, Mlindsay, RetinaDela and myself. Got some gold knee pads.

I don't want to even think about the amount of ammo we used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I get endless entertainment out of sneaking up to extraction zones, hiding behind something, watching someone call in the chopper, waiting for someone else to go rogue and then charging them with an SMG and skewering them. I am the DZ police. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Feels like "my back is all f***ed up" is the new "arrow in the knee". Also when your running through medical and the doc is like I haven't got the time right now. B**CH I ain't here to see you :P

Finally ventured into the Dark Zone after 20 odd hours(playing on hard helped the slog).
    Read its best to go at 12 so left it until then since I was enjoying the co-op missions enough.

Wasn't even sure what to expect as I hadn't watched anything and only read snippets here.

Kind of happy the rogue playing isn't widespread tbh.
    There's enough troubling enemies to kill and at least the uncertainty creates some tensions while navigating.

Its a nice change of setting from the missions. My only gripe is that when you play in there you cant progress your rank for the main missions (since you're forced to grind side missions after level 10 or so to reach the caps to do the last 6/7.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Hit 30 last night and ventures in to the DZ with a few buddies. Man ... at first it was carnage - getting murdered by lv30 yellow bars in DZ02 ... But once the loot started dropping and I started increasing my gear stats, suddenly lv31 and even lv32 yellow bars were killable with some tactics and practice.

Hard work, but well worth it.

Phoenix credits are the new grind now. Killing named yellow bars seems to be the only way to get them - and the drop rate is super slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

My stats are slowly going up staying at in game 29 lvl, at DZ rank 35 now and have a few bits of armour with the scavenging perk so my good drop rate is very good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hit 30 last night and ventures in to the DZ with a few buddies. Man ... at first it was carnage - getting murdered by lv30 yellow bars in DZ02 ... But once the loot started dropping and I started increasing my gear stats, suddenly lv31 and even lv32 yellow bars were killable with some tactics and practice.

Hard work, but well worth it.

Phoenix credits are the new grind now. Killing named yellow bars seems to be the only way to get them - and the drop rate is super slow.

You can get a good chunk from the daily story missions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don't the daily's drop 15 Phoenix credits per mission?

Man I need to level up fast. Went to do a level 14 mission last night (I'm 11) and couldnt even get past the first part. Cleaners wiped us out several times.

How are you crazy cats levelling up so quickly?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't the daily's drop 15 Phoenix credits per mission?

Yeah and each boss drops 2 or 3. Daily challenge mode drops 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Started yesterday. Only played a couple of hours but can see myself putting a good bit of time into this. It's a bit overwhelming at the start with all the perks/stats/weapons/gear etc. It took me 5 minutes and a trip to the interweb to figure out how to use a medi-pack.
    Was staring at the loadout screen for ages before realising it wasn't making any sense. Won't really matter at my current level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hit level 11 last night and decided to try out the DZ. Headed to the first extraction zone just left of the entrance and there where 6 or 7 lads there waiting for the chopper, fending off some AI. One of the lads decided to go rogue, and it didn't work out too well for him. As he was crawling away, I ran up behind him and cracked him over the head, stole his loot and managed to extract it. Snagged a Blue Police M4? and a Blue repurposed something or other. Decided to just hang around the extraction zone and see how things went. Group would come in, call chopper, AI would appear, get some blues, call another chopper, AI would appear....... Ended up with some crap but levelled to DZ 7 in what felt like 20 mins. Think I'll get to level 14 and go on a proper scouting rampage in DZ for full experience.

Have upgraded Medical wing 60% and Security wing 30%. I can now carry 8 contaminated items in DZ, get an extra 10% credits thanks to my counselling services and have a lovely chap selling me unusable DZ purples.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Man I need to level up fast. Went to do a level 14 mission last night (I'm 11) and couldnt even get past the first part. Cleaners wiped us out several times.

How are you crazy cats levelling up so quickly?

Are you matchmaking people to do the missions with? A lot more doable with a group particularly if you're underleveled a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote:
    Yeah and each boss drops 2 or 3. Daily challenge mode drops 30.

50 if the challenging mission is the daily at the same time. 30 for completing challenging, 20 bonus if it happens to be a daily, afaik...

Mickeroo wrote:
    Are you matchmaking people to do the missions with? A lot more doable with a group particularly if you're underleveled a bit.

Yeah but we all got wiped out repeatedly

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

eggy81 wrote: »
    Odd. Can't find it or any msgs from it.

Definitely in it.

You might see it via the mobile app if you use that - but there are messages daily on the chat so it should be active for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hit level 30 last night, also crafted my first exotic (sidearm) and am looking forward to causing some mayhem in the DZ.

Can't recommend this game enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hit level 30 last night, also crafted my first High End (sidearm) and am looking forward to causing some mayhem in the DZ.

Can't recommend this game enough!

Fixed. Wrong game. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Tonight I need to clear up any outstanding missions and try the dailies for the first time.

It's all about high end gear grinding now. I don't even pick up blue gear anymore in the DZ - just purples!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Absolutely loving this game. Last night I was solo in the Darkzone, three other fellas were extracting but all got gunned down. All three crawled over to me waiting for a revive.

I killed the remaining two enemy mobs, waited for the three lads to die and robbed all their loot.

They all showed up a few minutes later trying to kill me. By that time I had extracted and managed to escape them anyways :D

Advertisement