Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

joe123 wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this game. Last night I was solo in the Darkzone, three other fellas were extracting but all got gunned down. All three crawled over to me waiting for a revive.

I killed the remaining two enemy mobs, waited for the three lads die and robbed all their loot.

They all showed up a few minutes later trying to kill me. By that time I had extracted and managed to escape them anyways :D

Ice Cold :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Ice Cold :cool:

Haha yeah I was nearly going to revive them but couldn't be sure were they a group or not so left them all to die. Really wish I hadn't turned off the recording function on the xbox.

Was in a group with one other fella last night too killing a named boss in one of the DZ areas. As soon as we killed him he left the group and opened all the remaining chests in the building meaning there was nothing for me.

Of course I killed him and took his stuff. I would definitely recommend doing some Darkzone stuff solo. On edge the whole time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So, I'm level 30 now, and my attention turns to the DZ. What's the accepted wisdom on what constitutes competitive DPS for in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Spear wrote: »
    So, I'm level 30 now, and my attention turns to the DZ. What's the accepted wisdom on what constitutes competitive DPS for in there?

Focus on health and armour first.

Health under 50k and you'll struggle.

I've my health/stamina at 69k and damage at 70k and I hold my own against lv32 enemies.

My tech rating suffers, but I can live with that to stay alive longer.

But then again most of my armour is pretty high at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Would I be right in thinking its best to leave all the side missions until your Level 30?

They give blueprints but they scale with you, so while doing missions at level 19 is grand, the blue print is effectively useless once you go beyond this level?

Secondly, is it best to spend DZ points as you go? Currently im stuck with a blue sniper rifle, does about 6k damage but the DZ Vendor has weapons for sale that do much more. I can access them for my level but not my Dark Zone rank (needs to be 30).

Long story short, whats the best way of getting decent weapons around level 19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

nocal wrote: »
    Definitely in it.

You might see it via the mobile app if you use that - but there are messages daily on the chat so it should be active for you.

What's the app? Can't see it in the store....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

joe123 wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking its best to leave all the side missions until your Level 30?

They give blueprints but they scale with you, so while doing missions at level 19 is grand, the blue print is effectively useless once you go beyond this level?

Secondly, is it best to spend DZ points as you go? Currently im stuck with a blue sniper rifle, does about 6k damage but the DZ Vendor has weapons for sale that do much more. I can access them for my level but not my Dark Zone rank (needs to be 30).

Long story short, whats the best way of getting decent weapons around level 19

Just use whatever drops for you, don't waste any currency before hitting 30. I think a lot of the side mission blueprints are blue anyway so ain't that great. Leave the higher level side missions until 30 or just leave one side mission in each district if you like as you don't get the blueprint until you've done all side missions in an area. Side missions are the best way to level up for the next campaign mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Blueprints strike me as kinda pointless in this game anyway. There's no consumables or wear and tear so... you'd only ever use them once anyway? Might as well just give you the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Blueprints strike me as kinda pointless in this game anyway. There's no consumables or wear and tear so... you'd only ever use them once anyway? Might as well just give you the item.

When you start getting high end items, take the blueprints before the item especially from vendors.

Having the blueprint allows you to "re-roll" the item to maybe get better attributes/stats whereas buying just the item you're stuck with what you're given.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    When you start getting high end items, take the blueprints before the item especially from vendors.

Having the blueprint allows you to "re-roll" the item to maybe get better attributes/stats whereas buying just the item you're stuck with what you're given.

That's a good point, I totally forgot that the stats and talents are generated when you craft the item. Now it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Fixed. Wrong game. ;):D

Wrong... They're purples and yellows/exotics... Feck that superior and high end crap :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So it seems that the last updated added more NPC names. "They killed Alex" is no longer the only name I hear when killing an NPC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Focus on health and armour first.

Health under 50k and you'll struggle.

I've my health/stamina at 69k and damage at 70k and I hold my own against lv32 enemies.

My tech rating suffers, but I can live with that to stay alive longer.

But then again most of my armour is pretty high at this stage.

And I thought I was doing okay with a DPS of 54k. Seems I'll actually have to stop and think about the things I'm doing in the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

And I thought I was doing okay with a DPS of 54k. Seems I'll actually have to stop and think about the things I'm doing in the game.

My dps and health are 59k and 57k and I find it fine for DZ even in the high level areas.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My dps and health are 59k and 57k and I find it fine for DZ even in the high level areas.

Yeah Mick, but you use cover ... Cover for crying out loud!

Did anyone get the agent origins outfits and manage to install them on xb1?

Yeah well my DPS is 7.5k so whatever you guys. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Free DLC for all:

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/agent-origins/

Login for your platform, use the code AGENTORIGINS, and you'll get a Uplay/other store key for the uniforms and weapons.

Just a quick update on this. The uniforms are already in the season pass (Gold) edition of the game.

Whats odd is that the uniforms don't show up at the rewards vendor in the game yet they are downloaded on the Xbox.

Just a quick update on this. The uniforms are already in the season pass (Gold) edition of the game.

I didn't get gold edition, bought game then season pass separate next day as was tenner short on card and wanted the game NOW. I don't have the outfits, even after getting a separate code for them, still no sign anywhere :/

I got a set of gear for owning Rainbow Six as well - pretty decent looking all black stuff.

Saw a guy in the Hudson Bay zone the other night who looked like he was wearing MC Hammer's gear - multicolored sweat pants and bright top. Looked so weird with combat gear over it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yeah well my DPS is 7.5k so whatever you guys. :P

Your not far off my own. I went up from 6k to 9k today and I thought I was a beast. Came in here to boast....

Back to the grind I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

This game is way better than a 7 out of 10, am I missing something I can't put down this game

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/15/11224502/the-division-review-ps4-xbox-one-pc

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah I am focused on health over all else, currently late 70k and DPS late 60s. Tech is only 11k....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

armor and weapon mods are great for boosting that rating and messing around with it to get the weapon bonuses

got mine to 95k dps, 52k hp and 12k electronics or so

That's using an AR dps ^^ it drops to around 75k with my smg, and 36 or something with a high end pistol. That's only high end piece of gear i have atm too

edit: there it is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646476378 - bumped the offstatsup a bit more since then too, hp and leccy is a bit higher

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Up to lvl 21 now, and still have lots of missions to do. Been doing side missions and encounters mostly, and picking up stuff...Best weapon Police M4 purple, 17,775dps. Getting to grips with the consumables, they really do make a big difference in a fight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'd love to know how my weapons and stuff compare to other people my level. Level 16ish I'm blue everything bar I think gloves, I've got one purple item and it's a bag that I can use when I go up one level. I've pretty much stopped picking up most green stuff because it's trash and pretty worthless.

I think I need to have another rattle in the DZ tonight to try to really get some nice stuff.

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd love to know how my weapons and stuff compare to other people my level. Level 16ish I'm blue everything bar I think gloves, I've got one purple item and it's a bag that I can use when I go up one level. I've pretty much stopped picking up most green stuff because it's trash and pretty worthless.

I think I need to have another rattle in the DZ tonight to try to really get some nice stuff.

You should be selling that to vendors. If not now at 16 then soon they will start offering purples for sale. I made materials from my junk for ages and now need cash :(

It's hardly a grind though a few peices of gear sold will get me the cash I need for what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I got a set of gear for owning Rainbow Six as well - pretty decent looking all black stuff

I got that without having rainbow six. I did do the beta though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey lads, anybody know the delivery times from TheGameCollection?

It was sent on Monday, cant wait to play it now. Was very sceptical of buying it after playing the beta but i decided to give it ago anyway.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Was very sceptical of buying it after playing the beta but i decided to give it ago anyway.

I wasn't going to get it at all after the beta but decided 2 days after it came out to get it, haven't put it down since, love it!

Advertisement