Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I am focused on health over all else, currently late 70k and DPS late 60s. Tech is only 11k....

What is the benefit of your tech????

Trying to focus on health too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You should be selling that to vendors. If not now at 16 then soon they will start offering purples for sale. I made materials from my junk for ages and now need cash :(

It's hardly a grind though a few peices of gear sold will get me the cash I need for what I want.

You're better off breaking them down than selling, you don't need credits to get the good stuff, phoenix coins are the main currency at end game. You'll want those mats for crafting high end gear from blue prints.

That's the way I've been approaching it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're better off breaking them down than selling, you don't need credits to get the good stuff, phoenix coins are the main currency at end game. You'll want those mats for crafting high end gear from blue prints.

That's the way I've been approaching it anyway.

Past a point yes, I highly recommend picking up the Pakhan from Advanced Weapons vendor in the main base. It's most likely the first High End weapon a new level 30 player can access and costs a nice hefty 470K+, it's also a dedicated Elite killer and you will thank the gods for that when you try Level 30 DZ for the first time. After that yeah standard credits aren't such a big deal.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Loving this so far.Jumped on a random game with a few peeps from here last night.Good fun grinding out a few missions.
    Only level 11 as I have a life (joking-I have 4 kids so night time is the only real time to hop on for a game)

Struggling with the RPG side of things as Ive never been into the whole stat thing before but now its become an obsession.
    Find a better weapon-upgrade it-find a better weapon etc etc.
    Where do you find the better weapons??Is the DZ the best place to look for them?However Im afraid of the Dark Zone,havent even ventured in their yet so its more grinding up the ranks in solo play!!!

Great game and truly addictive!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Past a point yes, I highly recommend picking up the Pakhan from Advanced Weapons vendor in the main base. It's most likely the first High End weapon a new level 30 player can access and costs a nice hefty 470K+, it's also a dedicated Elite killer and you will thank the gods for that when you try Level 30 DZ for the first time. After that yeah standard credits aren't such a big deal.

I grabbed the high end vector blueprint, prefer the smg's over the assault rifles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Got destroyed in the DZ last night. I went in the lowest level access point. I was at level 10 along with another level 10, we took out 2 small groups of level 10 AI. We got next to no decent loot, nothing better then we already had. Them we got flanked by level 11 and 12 elites from both sides and we were trapped in the middle of a street. The AI spammed us with grenades non stop, killed a few and we had to run away to the nearest extraction point. The AI ran after us and we got gunned down before we could escape.

We saw two other level 8 players while in there and the AI just ignored them and they didn't try and help us either.

Don't think I'll be going back into the DZ until I'm level 15 at least, too much effort for no reward. That was my first time in the DZ, never touched it in the beta as I figured it would be just as hard as what I experienced. I'd rather play Dark Souls then attempt it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't think I'll be going back into the DZ until I'm level 15 at least, too much effort for no reward. That was my first time in the DZ, never touched it in the beta as I figured it would be just as hard as what I experienced. I'd rather play Dark Souls then attempt it again.

The player bracket you'd be in would be level 1-14, so I'd go back in at level 14 again if I were you. You'll find it much easier.

Then again at level 19, 24 & 29 before you hit 30.

My Vector vs your Pahkan, duel at dawn? :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The player bracket you'd be in would be level 1-14, so I'd go back in at level 14 again if I were you. You'll find it much easier.

Are the enemies scaled to your current XP in the DZ?

Hellrazer wrote: »

Yeah they should be about level 12 in DZ01 area for the player 1-14 bracket but when you get to 30 they'll all be 30s in that area.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »

Yeah it's your regular level not your DZ level that decides what bracket you're in.

Yeah this was exactly why I started selling stuff, I'd been breaking everything down all along, when I heard this I stopped and started building up a bit of coin instead. I had a measly 10k at level 17 , and built up a nice bit by lvl 22 so I'm switching back to mats now.

Then again at level 19, 24 & 29 before you hit 30.

Those numbers sound about right in my experience so far, I went in at 14 and 19 and now again at 21/22. Was grand before but got destroyed in even the DZ1 at 21/22. I thought I was great swanning in with my new 22 gear and boom 1 shotted :D

Hmmm this has been bugging for a while, can you slide down ladders???? Maybe I'm missing the obvious :confused:

Hmmm this has been bugging for a while, can you slide down ladders???? Maybe I'm missing the obvious :confused:

Yup, L3.

Yup, L3.

SO not hold B like every other game has thought us then :D

Or not press RB for a grenade ..... still pressing that for those :o

I grabbed the high end vector blueprint, prefer the smg's over the assault rifles.

The Pakhan is a LMG not an AR FFS :).... okay yes RPK's handle more like heavy assault rifles, since I hate LMGs in general it's the only variant of the type I've touched all game and then only with a lot of stability mods. The Vector is next on my list as it looks pretty cool, but it requires Phoenix coins. Since a player is very unlikely to have enough of those for a weapon blueprint when they first hit Lvl-30, or even for a few days after, the Pakhan is an easier one to acquire as you can buy it with standard currency. It will also lessen the impact of the difficulty jump in taking on Lvl-32 elite mobs when they next enter the DZ since it has extra armour-damage and damage to Elite/named NPCs. So I still stand by my point that players should accrue enough standard currency to at least buy it when they hit 30, then start breaking everything down for parts. I'll make those first few days at end-game a lot easier (and the Phoenix grinding).
    Now if they are constantly playing in namby-pamby-girly-men-support-gimme-a-hug-someones-shooting-at-me groups, or on one of those cute console auto-aim aim-assist thingies then it's probably not as big a deal. But as a primarily friendless solo PC master racist player it can be a lifesaver :D (this may change when I work out how to respond to group invites ingame :o ).

My Vector vs your Pahkan, duel at dawn? :cool:

Ah but I didn't say it was the ideal PvP weapon (and as I mentioned above I don't really like LMGs anyway), instead I specifically listed it's PvE/Elite targeted Talents and ease of access early end-game.

Whoops didn't mean to insult your beloved, yeah lmg are good particularly if you have an extended mag mod. Was using a m60 until I got the vector. I've found pretty much every weapon bar the pistols (sawn off ftw) useful ao far which is nice for a change.

_CreeD_ wrote:
    Ah but I didn't say it was the ideal PvP weapon (and as I mentioned above I don't really like LMGs anyway), instead I specifically listed it's PvE/Elite targeted Talents and ease of access early end-game.

Lighten up I was jk :)

Lighten up I was jk :)

And I took it as one, nothing in the reply was said (or meant) as an insult :confused:

• Advertisement

And I took it as one, nothing in the reply was said (or meant) as an insult :confused:

Not insult, just a very serious person ;)

FIGHT!!!! One hand bag each lads and I'll start the betting :pac:

FIGHT!!!! One hand bag each lads and I'll start the betting :pac:

I prefer the healing station myself :pac:

giphy.gif

Just had the first person go rogue on me since I got my Vector :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Do enemies only drop purple drops in level 3 and above dark Zone areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Went into th DZ for the first time today. Within minutes, someone purposely ran into my shots and then him and his group killed me...didn't even have anything either. Lots of fun tho, levelled up to lvl 8/9 and got a couple blues from it.

Do enemies only drop purple drops in level 3 and above dark Zone areas?

Nope. There's some RNG going on but the only reliable Purple drop I've seen is a Named boss, and once I had one drop a High End. Your scavenging skill probably affects this and mine is only 15% I think.

Not insult, just a very serious person ;)

siriusly_1541.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nope. There's some RNG going on but the only reliable Purple drop I've seen is a Named boss, and once I had one drop a High End. Your scavenging skill probably affects this and mine is only 15% I think.

Earlier today a guy in my group (there was only two of us), got 3 purples in a row, I got nothing but blues and greens. Not one purple drop for me yet.

I am finding the gear in DZ03 mediocre at best, and DZ04 is a little too hard. Most of the groups I am with treat the DZ like non DZ, I spend more time reviving people than progressing. Had to leave a couple of groups today they were so bad.

I just witnessed a rat and a crow have a fight, and the poo from the dogs alternates. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes the dog has the shíts. The detail is awesome.

• Advertisement

I just witnessed a rat and a crow have a fight, and the poo from the dogs alternates. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes the dog has the shíts. The detail is awesome.

"Xbox, record that!" :D

Advertisement